Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Libertine posted:

How did Jameer Nelson record 26 minutes played last night in Dallas game vs. Detroit and not pick up a single point or assist in the entire time. Was he just watching the offense play? Literally the only thing he did was 3 boards and 1 TO. It was probably the most invisible scoreline I've ever seen in a box score.
Steve Kerr was basically not there in this game.

the 2 is turnovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Vire posted:

I take it you have never seen THE WARDEN play then.

I mean, it's been pretty much impossible to watch basketball and NOT see the heat play in the past 4 years. So I have. I'm more interested in how he gets left in for that long doing nothing.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
According to their internal metrics or whatever at the time he set lots of screens, boxed out a bunch and did grit/hustle stuff like that I guess.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean, it's been pretty much impossible to watch basketball and NOT see the heat play in the past 4 years. So I have. I'm more interested in how he gets left in for that long doing nothing.

I was just joking. I am just saying he did this forever thats not even like a bad game for him. The coaches play him for being a fast center who can guard the perimeter and a lot of no stat plays. Why he gets any time at all? Because there is a lack of quality big men in this league so someone has to play that position on some teams. Like having Joel Anthony on your team is playing 4 vs 5 on offense. No one even respects him and they just cheat on him and double some one all the time.

The dude doesn't even get rebounds because his hands are so bad so he just tries to block outs. Its crazy. Like if you remember when Birdman came on the Heat the first year they won it was like cheat mode because we finally had a center who could rebound and dunk the ball. It's kinda embarrassing.

Vire fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 18, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Steve Kerr was basically not there in this game.

the 2 is turnovers

So close to a 20 trillion.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Bye, Rondo

Woj: Boston has reached the point of no return on a Rondo deal and Danny Ainge is moving fast toward sifting offers and making his best deal.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Libertine posted:

How did Jameer Nelson record 26 minutes played last night in Dallas game vs. Detroit and not pick up a single point or assist in the entire time. Was he just watching the offense play? Literally the only thing he did was 3 boards and 1 TO. It was probably the most invisible scoreline I've ever seen in a box score.

Jameer Nelson starting is why I don't care if rondo can shoot

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I hope the rondo deal is out of left field and makes no sense.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rondo traded to the 76ers, retires to become a professional Connect 4 player

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

morestuff posted:

Bye, Rondo

Woj: Boston has reached the point of no return on a Rondo deal and Danny Ainge is moving fast toward sifting offers and making his best deal.

:pray:

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Rondo beat Durant in HORSE by shooting threes.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

cisneros posted:

no he didn't.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

cisneros posted:

That thing was so disappointing. No one did anything goofy or fun like trying to punt the ball into the basket or something, they just started shooting threes. And then it went forever because loving Rondo kept knocking them down.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
http://www.nba.com/allstar/2010/horse/

There, look, Durant won HORSE in really lame ways both years they had it before it was rightly scrapped. I'll post to defend KD's honor.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

MourningView posted:

That thing was so disappointing. No one did anything goofy or fun like trying to punt the ball into the basket or something, they just started shooting threes. And then it went forever because loving Rondo kept knocking them down.

I'm a fan of the backwards granny style free throw myself.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
^^ I used to practice backwards free throws, but with an actual jumpshooting motion. It rarely went in

Poor Casspi got outshot by loving Rajon Rondo

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Congrats:

Boston's informed teams it's focused on completing deal with Dallas soon, closing on a package to send Rajon Rondo to Mavs, sources tell Y.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Terry Glenn posted:

http://www.nba.com/allstar/2010/horse/

There, look, Durant won HORSE in really lame ways both years they had it before it was rightly scrapped. I'll post to defend KD's honor.

Related headlines: 'McLovin' finally makes it to Dallas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man it better not be Felton, Nelson and a first or some bullshit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) December 18, 2014

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Well dallas just got even easier for me to dislike.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) December 18, 2014

Well thats a whole pile of nothing

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Jameer Nelson signs a deal in FA with Dallas, promptly traded to the Celtics, lol.

grapesmoker
Apr 19, 2003

This moon-cheese will make me very rich... very rich indeed!
As a fan of both the Mavs and Rajon Rondo, I am very excited about this news.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

The Glumslinger posted:

Well thats a whole pile of nothing

Hey that pile of nothing is the Mav's entire bench, thank you very much

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

rondo's gonna get so many assists

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Oh great more minutes for Richard Jefferson :sigh:

Real talk i think that's a pretty solid deal. If this works out it'll be a late first anyway. I'll miss Wright but I think it's more important to have a very good starting PG than a very good backup center who is not great defensively.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm worried about how much this will improve the Mavs but I'm also thrilled that the Rockets didn't trade for him v:geno:v

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

morestuff posted:

Congrats:

Boston's informed teams it's focused on completing deal with Dallas soon, closing on a package to send Rajon Rondo to Mavs, sources tell Y.

Holy loving poo poo, the Mavs got an actual player that's elite at something

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

morestuff posted:

Congrats:

itshappening.gif

Ostentatious posted:

rondo's gonna get so many assists

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So how do the Celtics make room for three incoming players? Their 15 man is full I read

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Who scores points on the Dallas bench?

grapesmoker
Apr 19, 2003

This moon-cheese will make me very rich... very rich indeed!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Oh great more minutes for Richard Jefferson :sigh:

Real talk i think that's a pretty solid deal. If this works out it'll be a late first anyway. I'll miss Wright but I think it's more important to have a very good starting PG than a very good backup center who is not great defensively.

it's charlie's time to shine

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

hitze posted:

WHO CARES

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

:(

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

hitze posted:

JJ Barea and Devin Harris. Richard Jefferson sucks but he can still hit a 3. Carlisle likes to stagger minutes so there's usually going to be someone on the floor who can create.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Huh now im reading Nelson wouldnt be part of the deal. So theres more bench for yall real concerned about that for some reason

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

It does make me happy that Ainge is now forced to trade Rondo for a bunch of detritus after creating a bunch of drama every trade deadline

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Seeing some Rockets fans saying "Well Dragic is better anyway" which I'm not really sure what the point of is since there's been no indication I've seen that he's on the trading block or that he's coming to Houston in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

You keep saying this but it's gonna be pretty funny watching Dallas fall out of the playoffs because half their team are D-Leaguers/vet minimum guys

• Locked thread