Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Intruder posted:

Seeing some Rockets fans saying "Well Dragic is better anyway" which I'm not really sure what the point of is since there's been no indication I've seen that he's on the trading block or that he's coming to Houston in particular

The latest fad is to invent trade rumors for a player but then get mad about the idea that Morey might trade Donatas for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

roundmidnight posted:

You keep saying this but it's gonna be pretty funny watching Dallas fall out of the playoffs because half their team are D-Leaguers/vet minimum guys

Yea it will on the other hand Rondo, Ellis, Parson, Dirk, Chandler (if he stays healthy)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

chunkles posted:

The latest fad is to invent trade rumors for a player but then get mad about the idea that Morey might trade Donatas for them

The deadline for our trade exemption is tomorrow, is that right? Is Corey Brewer still imminent or is that particular rumor now passe?

grapesmoker
Apr 19, 2003

This moon-cheese will make me very rich... very rich indeed!

the_american_dream posted:

Huh now im reading Nelson wouldnt be part of the deal. So theres more bench for yall real concerned about that for some reason

Woj just tweeted that he was part of the deal.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
:( I remember some buzz about Crowder a while back but I assume that went nowhere. Also, he will forever remind me of Steven Crowder: The Lamest "Comedian" Ever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Dwight Powell also going to the Mavs, so I guess Cuban finally landed Dwight

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

:( I remember some buzz about Crowder a while back but I assume that went nowhere. Also, he will forever remind me of Steven Crowder: The Lamest "Comedian" Ever.

He's got sweet dreads I guess

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Mavs hosed up by not getting Gerald Wallace with Rondo imo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yea hes not good bro which is why im who caresing about bench points. . The real loss is Wright

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The West gets better and the East gets worse!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

hitze posted:

Who scores points on the Dallas bench?

The better question is who is Dallas going to get to be their backup center?

The Mavs just went from having Devin Harris as their best point guard to Rondo. This is a great day. It's too bad they had to give away Crowder instead of Jefferson.

This may be the best starting 5 of Dirk's career.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Who cares about an NBA bench being made up of two point guards and a bunch of tall Macy's mannequins?

Tyson Chandler's stick legs are gonna fall off.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Intruder posted:

Seeing some Rockets fans saying "Well Dragic is better anyway" which I'm not really sure what the point of is since there's been no indication I've seen that he's on the trading block or that he's coming to Houston in particular

Well, Stein or somebody tweeted earlier that Dragic had surpassed Rondo on the Rocket's wish list, but yeah, seeing as how he used the term "wish list" I wouldn't celebrate just quite yet. But considering his player option next season and the fact that they have Bledsole and Thomas, I wouldn't be shocked if Phoenix is quietly listening to offers and prepared to pull the trigger if they can get a good haul. Not that I think Houston would be the ones to offer it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spacebump posted:

The better question is who is Dallas going to get to be their backup center?

The Mavs just went from having Devin Harris as their best point guard to Rondo. This is a great day. It's too bad they had to give away Crowder instead of Jefferson.

This may be the best starting 5 of Dirk's career.

Get Sarge back in here

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shaq is currently trying to come up with a Dallas-related "Big ______" nickname.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

roundmidnight posted:

Who cares about an NBA bench being made up of two point guards and a bunch of tall Macy's mannequins?

Tyson Chandler's stick legs are gonna fall off.

On the other hand, they just got an elite point guard for really cheap. Yeah their bench is bad but Carlise is so good at managing rotations that that can be somewhat mitigated.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Boston owns a lot of 1st round picks.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Inside Outside posted:

On the other hand, they just got an elite point guard for really cheap. Yeah their bench is bad but Carlise is so good at managing rotations that that can be somewhat mitigated.

Yea no hes right I shouldnt be excited about getting one of the best PG's in the nba coming from one of the worst situations in the league and should be mourning the loss of Jae loving Crowder

There is a 1000 percent chance Aminu and the corpse of Richard Jefferson will pick up the slack of Crowders 5 ppg

I mean like I said losing Wright sucks but I wish I loving would be one of those fans that bitches about losing a bench player while gaining an elite one

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 19, 2014

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Inside Outside posted:

Time for an avatar change for both of us I guess.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dallas are going to be good. The West is really good.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Don't the Mavs still have Greg Smith as a backup for Chandler? I vaguely remember him being OK in the one season he actually got to play for the Rockets.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I hope everyone stays healthy because the Western Conference playoffs are going to be insane

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Illinois Smith posted:

Don't the Mavs still have Greg Smith as a backup for Chandler? I vaguely remember him being OK in the one season he actually got to play for the Rockets.

Him and Charlie V :/ :/ :/

Also I guess theyll call up Ledo for the billionth time

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I quoted a post earlier about how Dallas followed Rondo on twitter and wrote something like "I want to think this isn't important but last time some stupid twitter detail prefaced LeBron to Cleveland" and deleted it because it seemed silly on my part hah

Has anyone mentioned that in a recent Knicks game Walt Frazier pointed out all Melo's shots were short, his knee was likely injured and then afterwards they talked about him playing on an injured knee and giving a quote along the lines of "well it can't get worse from playing on it"? Seemed like one of the genuinely dumbest thigns I'd heard up there with Melo not telling anyone about fasting for two weeks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Now the Mavs need to trade Raymond Felton for a bag of chips and sign Ivan Johnson.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh Dallas also received something called Dwight Powell

edit: Jermaine O'Neil rumors now lol

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

And it's not like veterans don't ever get dumped around the deadline or guys come back from China after the season ends over there. The Mavs will sign Andray Blatche or something in March and be fine.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

the_american_dream posted:

Him and Charlie V :/ :/ :/
I really wish Carlisle was a shittier coach so we'd get to see a Barea / Felton / Aminu / Jefferson / Charlie V smallball unit.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Illinois Smith posted:

I really wish Carlisle was a shittier coach so we'd get to see a Barea / Felton / Aminu / Jefferson / Charlie V smallball unit.

pretty sure that squads been run out in blowouts. Well not Felton who somehow survived this but thats another bench player i guess

Terry Glenn posted:

Mavs escalating the Dallas-Houston arms race yet again, Houston must react or be seen as weaklings.

Nash to Hou

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 19, 2014

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

EvanTH posted:

I quoted

Never doubt Twitter leads.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Mavs escalating the Dallas-Houston arms race yet again, Houston must react or be seen as weaklings.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Terry Glenn posted:

Hey Houston you guys want some Jeff Green?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Its neat when things I hate consolidate.

I'd rather the Rockets find someone for off the bench for whenever jason terry breaks

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Honestly I am surprised Rondo even got that much. There aren't many contending teams with a need at PG and being able to absorb losing assets while remaining competitive.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Annnnnd another star comes out West.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
God drat send rondo to the bobcats or something gently caress the west.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
How in the gently caress does he fit with Ellis though is the only thing giving me pause

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

No Rose and no Carmelo tonight. TNT sure picked a winner. I'm sure basketball fans would have hated Pelicans-Rockets.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hated Rondo during those playoff runs but man is he a good player. Looking forward to watching him turn it back on with one of the better ran teams.
Him running a pick n roll with Dirk popping and tyson hanging around the rim for a dunk will be quite nice indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Brendan Wright has been good for Dallas but that is a complete no-brainer trade, and it's not like Carlise is playing players in hockey line shifts. He staggers minutes enough that the bench will be fine.

• Locked thread