Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Tiny Bug Child posted:

i think my favorite gamergater delusion is that all these magic lines and triangles they draw on their log charts mean anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
um gamergate diagrams actually mean something. like that one time when they proved a girl was a slut by drawing circles around all her moles

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Mido posted:

mystical economic thinking is amazing

"Well last year August was booming ERGO HITHERTO QED VIS A VI"

i blame the moon

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tiny Bug Child posted:

um gamergate diagrams actually mean something. like that one time when they proved a girl was a slut by drawing circles around all her moles

by the way the thread in gbs where the like 15 gamergate supporters all circlejerk each other is v weird

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Adix posted:

The Wheel of Coin turns, and Bubbles come and pass, leaving memories that become FUD.

In one Bubble, called the Third Bubble by some, a Bubble yet to come, a Bubble yet to pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Gox.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

by the way the thread in gbs where the like 15 gamergate supporters all circlejerk each other is v weird

is that the hell thread? i looked in there for a little bit, but it was all animes being posted

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

prefect posted:

is that the hell thread? i looked in there for a little bit, but it was all animes being posted

it turned into a crew thread but seriously like the first 100 pages were almost entirely "lol people against gamergate are so DUMB"

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

it turned into a crew thread but seriously like the first 100 pages were almost entirely "lol people against gamergate are so DUMB"

:stare: and that guy with the unicorn av who posts in here sometimes gettin really really into it with non-gamergate people

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

its one of those threads that is so fyad i can't tell what's real

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Mido posted:

:stare: and that guy with the unicorn av who posts in here sometimes gettin really really into it with non-gamergate people

there's like 15 people with that av FYI

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mido posted:

its one of those threads that is so fyad i can't tell what's real

the saddest thing is that is isn't actually fyad at all, they all believe the things they're saying

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

it was "ha ha both sides are dumb and we're so smart" that became "gently caress those sjw sluts" lol

I miss hearing about star citizen

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

God I was trying to figure out what one of those insane bitcoin charts is supposed to mean and I found https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-market-gann-lens/ which "explains" it

I looked up William Gann and he literally practiced "financial astrology" so that should say it all pretty much

His wikipedia page reads like it was written by a low-grade schizophrenic too

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

theflyingexecutive posted:

it was "ha ha both sides are dumb and we're so smart" that became "gently caress those skeleton sluts" lol

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sjw-to-skeleton/kckodmjikeoncekpplppkkcjolofmacc?hl=en

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

McGlockenshire posted:

In one Bubble, called the Third Bubble by some, a Bubble yet to come, a Bubble yet to pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Gox.

something something taint analysis of saidin

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Tiny Bug Child posted:

i think my favorite bitcoiner delusion is that all these magic lines and triangles they draw on their log charts mean anything at all

it's all over investing. the thing is that their belief in how the charts and fibonacci analysis poo poo makes it real. but the bitcoin market is so shallow and so few people are actually trading, it's not happening.

i've just realized how depressed i am that i recognize all of these indicators off the bat

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Verdafolio posted:

it's all over investing. the thing is that their belief in how the charts and fibonacci analysis poo poo makes it real.
bitcoin is a cargo cult, vol. 309

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Tiny Bug Child posted:

i think my favorite bitcoiner delusion is that all these magic lines and triangles they draw on their log charts mean anything at all

true bitcoiners ignore that and go with their gut

heck most economists ignore any actual empirical data and favour their personal feeling on how people do or should act

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

As a Millennial I posted:

the saddest thing is that is isn't actually fyad at all, they all believe the things they're saying

it's really the worst loving posters on SA coming together in an unmoderated thread to shitpost about their sad lives because they're literally rejected from every other forum on SA

so kinda like fyad, but not quite

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus4994 posted:

it's really the worst loving posters on SA coming together in an unmoderated thread to shitpost about their sad lives because they're literally rejected from every other forum on SA

so kinda like fyad, but not quite

don't sign your posts

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
oldie but goodie

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
^--Oh God what was the wallet for that again? People fell for that iirc

Linguica posted:

God I was trying to figure out what one of those insane bitcoin charts is supposed to mean and I found https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-market-gann-lens/ which "explains" it

I looked up William Gann and he literally practiced "financial astrology" so that should say it all pretty much

His wikipedia page reads like it was written by a low-grade schizophrenic too

i myself am a financial alchemist. Watch me turn energy into gold

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
At what point will the scrap value of miners/cards exceed their bit-generative capabilities? What if you smelt it down for the gold/rare earths in the circuitry?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

At what point will the scrap value of miners/cards exceed their bit-generative capabilities? What if you smelt it down for the gold/rare earths in the circuitry?

i know a guy that has a trick to turn any metal into 99% pure silver

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i can turn beer into urine

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what's the thread title from anyway

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
i can turn a funny thread into a mediocre one just by posting in it

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

BeOSPOS posted:

don't sign your posts

you hosed this up pretty bad, "mlyp" would have been a better attempt

better luck next time

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus4994 posted:

you hosed this up pretty bad, "mlyp" would have been a better attempt

better luck next time

we're all friends here

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

As a Millennial I posted:

what's the thread title from anyway

There was an r/bit post from a guy who said that to preface why he didn't understand how he got hacked or lost money from a price drop, don't remember which one exactly

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha

Alan Smithee posted:

There was an r/bit post from a guy who said that to preface why he didn't understand how he got hacked or lost money from a price drop, don't remember which one exactly

I think it was both, multiple times each

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dunningkruger.txt

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2kalug/desperate_personal_advice_sought_after_buying_at/

It wasn't a hack, just bought high

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

^--Oh God what was the wallet for that again? People fell for that iirc

There was the Bitguard Bitcoin Verifier

http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/bitcoin-verifier-will-verify-the-integrity-of-your-wallet

bitcointalk was not amused

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=16694.0

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I don't know how to check wallets, how much money did they get?

Also that thread is 4 years old. What....what are we doing with our lives :negative:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Also that thread is 4 years old. What....what are we doing with our lives :negative:

if you know the address they used just put it in the search box at to top left of this site

but i didn't see one in that thread

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
gamergate is the only "community" that might have a more tenuous grasp on reality than bitcoin true believers

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

the site was owned by a goon and I bought the domain name walletinspector.info

it was just a form submit that didn't actually upload anything to the site iirc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Alan Smithee posted:

mining laffs For the Epic Win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Sniep posted:

how are you supposed to pronounce

shrek

theflyingexecutive posted:

it was "ha ha both sides are dumb and we're so smart" that became "gently caress those sjw sluts" lol

can we have another ouya so there's something games-related to make fun of other than gamergaters

ouya was fun because there was a shred of legitimacy and misplaced hope on their end, gamergate is just loving dumb

• Locked thread