Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Donkin Donuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

PaganGoatPants posted:

Donkin Donuts

I didn't know this anime was within the same canon as space station 13

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

So there's a bunch more episodes of this left? Is the final third of the series going to be Aoi trying to cope with being the only competent production manager left at MusAni?

I'd guess that there might be a small time skip (a few years down the road) with them getting to helm a company of their own or all of them actually together to work on their dream project. At the very least, it'll probably end that way with them able to start on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This show is loving cool, and I want to kiss the sound designer who made a random girl who showed up in his office wear high heels and walk in place

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
He probably should have given her instructions on how exactly to walk before telling her to do it though. That seemed inefficient.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

This show is loving cool, and I want to kiss the sound designer who made a random girl who showed up in his office wear high heels and walk in place

As far as I know, most foley studios just have a fat middle aged dude squeeze into the heels to do it themselves.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Bakanogami posted:

As far as I know, most foley studios just have a fat middle aged dude squeeze into the heels to do it themselves.
He sounded like he had tried that already. And felt like a real woman would sound different.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Rexides posted:

Sorry to disappoint y'all, but it's a referrence to KanColle.

Why can't it be both? The guy who created and is directing Shirobako also created GuP.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Dawn of
The Final Month
-29 Days Remain-

Deadlines aaaaaaaa :derp:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pandaK posted:

I didn't know this anime was within the same canon as space station 13

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Also Aoi doesn't need a hospital, she needs a mental ward.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Also Aoi doesn't need a hospital, she needs a mental ward.

You're taking the "hallucinations" too seriously. They're jsut a fun way to show the character's thoughts and feelings. Jeeeeeeeeeez.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Anno next episode? Is Aoi gonna somehow convince Anno to work on Exodus, thus making it a legendary final episode when 2ch freaks out while looking at the credits scroll?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Speaking of hallucinations, do you suppose all that censoring in the Little Match Girl reference was done after the fact in response to the dispute with the Ideon references in episode 6? It was really out of place and distracting since it takes up much of the scenes yet the blurring was unaggressive enough to make out the Toei and Sunrise characters and shows they're referencing. :sigh:

It would be amusing if this whole referencing spat gets briefly brought up in a layer episode, though.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Real Anno dubbing Kanno cameo when?

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism
I'm surprised some of these characters can even leave their house let alone hold jobs when literally every social interaction, no matter how inconsequential or mundane, causes them to turn into a stuttering, flustered, nervous wreck.

organism fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 18, 2014

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Anno is more entertaining as a semi-fictional character than any of his anime are so I'm really looking forward to next week

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Setting the bar high there. :v:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think this is the first time I've watched a show where Christmas time things happen and it's not been the middle of July or something. I am looking forward to seeing Miyamori's attempts to get them key frames done :D Though also I hope that Yano's dad is ok :<

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

organism posted:

I'm surprised some of these characters can even leave their house let alone hold jobs when literally every social interaction, no matter how inconsequential or mundane, causes them to turn into a stuttering, flustered, nervous wreck.

They're meant to be caricatures, don't think about it too hard.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Is this season 12 or 13 episodes?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the show's 24, i think

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That's my understanding as well, and I can't wait to see what happens after Exodus has wrapped :3

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Anyone else catch the Nichijou shout-out?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

StandardVC10 posted:

Anyone else catch the Nichijou shout-out?

The mini-figures of Mio and Nano on Tarou's desk?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Schneider Heim posted:

The mini-figures of Mio and Nano on Tarou's desk?

Yeah, that's the one.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Oh good I thought I spotted Mio and just assumed Nano was next to her.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Edward IV posted:

Speaking of hallucinations, do you suppose all that censoring in the Little Match Girl reference was done after the fact in response to the dispute with the Ideon references in episode 6? It was really out of place and distracting since it takes up much of the scenes yet the blurring was unaggressive enough to make out the Toei and Sunrise characters and shows they're referencing. :sigh:

It would be amusing if this whole referencing spat gets briefly brought up in a layer episode, though.

I did enjoy the implication that any animation actually got done at Toei.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I thought the blurred-out part was hilarious, precisely because everything is so recognizable. I figured that kind of meaningless censorship was a part of the joke.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Man the stereotypical Japanese interview setup seems super intimidating compared to anything I've ever seen.

Also this show just took a turn for the amazing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 19, 2014

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Sindai posted:

Man the stereotypical Japanese interview setup seems super intimidating compared to anything I've ever seen.

Also this show just took a turn for the amazing.

I had one of those interviews for my current job (US). There were 5 senior people on one side of a conference room and myself on the other side. I think it's specifically to test how you handle pressure. There were a bunch of regular one-on-one interviews after that, but I think those mattered less.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Neeksy posted:

I thought the blurred-out part was hilarious, precisely because everything is so recognizable. I figured that kind of meaningless censorship was a part of the joke.

Yep, that is the most amusing way they could have handled censorship.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neeksy posted:

It actually seems pretty standard iirc. Even if everything's mosaic, it's still relatively recognizable. I've seen a few where the characters get a censor bar over the eyes and that's it. Additionally, when speaking about copyrighted characters or real people, there'll be a bleep of one of the syllables, but it's generally recognizable from the rest.

Curious:
How does B Productions -> Toei
Sunup -> Sunrise makes sense
Also, who's The Born?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The Born is Bones, the dude they show is Minami (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masahiko_Minami) and their HQ building is shown too.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Curious:
How does B Productions -> Toei
Sunup -> Sunrise makes sense
Also, who's The Born?

A Production was the company that made the original Doraemon anime. It became Shin-Ei Animation. Its founder came from Toei.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
100% sure the girl with double-coloured hair is going to be a semi-regular character from now on. She's too distinctive of a character design to waste on an one-off character.

Also liked the reaction:

"She's seriously going to ask not-Anno to do key frames for her anime? :stare:"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well it was pretty obvious she would be picked thanks to her hair alone, she's gonna be the main girl's protégé or something

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
They might hire more than one of them, seeing as they've got two or three different people who have left or are leaving.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

SHIROBAKO managed to get Toshiyuki Inoue as a guest animator today, in another episode about asking outsiders for help. Somewhat too meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:unsmith: in episode form.

• Locked thread