Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hiddenriverninja posted:

you're in the current gen now?

nope, we got most everything y'all got tho'

snipe:

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Were do I buy the stock cars I have seen buzzing around?

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
If any of the 3 other Xbone players is around, I'm going to be causing havoc in some free roam sessions for the next little while if you want t join me.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Anyone have any tips on deadzone/acceleration settings that improve FPS mode?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Lyer posted:

Anyone have any tips on deadzone/acceleration settings that improve FPS mode?

Up the sensitivity the most you can use reliably, kill deadzone, up acceleration to where you're comfortable, pop into ADS for shooting (pro Halo stuff really), use gamer monitor set to absolutely minimal display lag mode or the perfect TV.

Still swear it's clunkier than what I played on the PS3.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Hmm, the homing missile targets cars and even helicopters that no one is in

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

theCalamity posted:

Hmm, the homing missile targets cars and even helicopters that no one is in

I found that out this morning as well. I was at the top of one of the letters of the Hollywood sign waiting for a special crate to drop. A Frogger suddenly came into view and started hovering by the big radio tower area. I locked on and shot it down thinking it was a player waiting for the drop like I was. It was actually an NPC, and I got 3 stars. I shot down another approaching police maverick (which got me 4 stars), slid down the long-rear end ladder, and flew away in my own stolen Frogger just as the cop cars were arriving. :v:

e; just realized you probably meant completely empty helicopters. Welp, now I know!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I like to keep tone on people with it, even goons, just to spook them the gently caress out :unsmith:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
so i didn't think we were getting decorations on ps3, but lo

i even have presents under the tree...

the snow looks really cool!

especially at night

a lot of people haven't found the 10 car property in the country yet!

merry xmas los santos!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

Is this a joke? Because I just bought a 10-car in East Los Santos and now I'm upset.

yay we get presents too!

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lookit all that cool poo poo I can't access because the cloud server is being an rear end. And I also want to know more about the country place.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Lookit all that cool poo poo I can't access because the cloud server is being an rear end. And I also want to know more about the country place.

my framerate went down to about 10 fps, i gave up for the moment. i'll be on later, u can check out the country place before u buy it :)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
The snow has already been turned on???

yeeeeeeeeesssssssssss I loved it last year especially when the event ended and it all blinked away mid-drive. They should just turn it off and on a bunch real fast and give people seizures.. :v:

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Hugh Malone posted:

Where is this?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Is there a specific reason why the update is taking all day to download? Seriously I have a 60mbps connection and this poo poo says 850/1.23 6 hours left

PS4

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

im pooping! posted:

Is there a specific reason why the update is taking all day to download? Seriously I have a 60mbps connection and this poo poo says 850/1.23 6 hours left

PS4

Add the 8.8.8.8 DNS on the PS4 (or router) and see if that helps, I get up to 90% of my top downstream that way, with my ISP default DNS it's like downloading from a site getting DDoSed.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ExplodingSquid posted:

Where is this?

Wherever it is, it isn't listed on the website.

E: holy poo poo lol

titties fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 19, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

Wherever it is, it isn't listed on the website.

if you don't see it try restarting the game

if that doesn't work you may need to re-install the update and delete any corrupted files

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

if you don't see it try restarting the game

if that doesn't work you may need to re-install the update and delete any corrupted files

I didn't see it on the website, but once I found it I was able to buy from the real estate sign. I thought it was a secret property or something when I edited my post.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

titties posted:

I didn't see it on the website, but once I found it I was able to buy from the real estate sign. I thought it was a secret property or something when I edited my post.

So where is the location? I'm trying to find it now

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Add the 8.8.8.8 DNS on the PS4 (or router) and see if that helps, I get up to 90% of my top downstream that way, with my ISP default DNS it's like downloading from a site getting DDoSed.

oh jesus thanks for this, it went from 6 hours to 40 seconds

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
geeves shot someone out of their car tonight.

http://youtu.be/YOQ5OzIA7TI

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ExplodingSquid posted:

So where is the location? I'm trying to find it now

Also requesting. I need a summer home.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
Had a blast with Kebby82 and triolinu66 (maybe?). One of you was terrible in the Buzzard, should have let me drive as I was going to bring each of you to one of your own.

Just flying around:

Flying around in my Dubsta being chased by a pubbies in a helicopter:

Stealing Lasers to deal with aggressive pubbies.

Kebby82, you seemed to loose the blind eye, did you shoot someone in the base? The jet in the foreground was AI and I'm still annoyed they don't show on the map.

Cruising in the back of a police van:

We didn't survive in the air long..ever.:

Of course the highlight was this:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=29B8879E7B98D8CF!134&authkey=!AHf6wd-sbPFKvNE&ithint=video%2cmp4

It's too bad sharp turns cause you to put down your phone. I lost so many awesome shots because of that.
Going to hop back on in hopes of snow.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

Safari?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

We're YouTube stars on safari for the most dangerous game. For all 20 viewers....

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Man, even with the deadzone and accel sliders, I still can't get FPS aiming to feel "right".

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

I've been looking for an hour for this desert property... I think I'm blind.

Could I get some help on the location please?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I think there's maybe a new bug where I can't run sometimes?

[edit] no I changed my controls to make stick down = sprint.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

ExplodingSquid posted:

I've been looking for an hour for this desert property... I think I'm blind.

Could I get some help on the location please?

My friend, I fear you've been bamboozled.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

My friend, I fear you've been bamboozled.

God dammit.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Lyer posted:

Man, even with the deadzone and accel sliders, I still can't get FPS aiming to feel "right".

It's never going to "feel" snappy like a FPS - The controls on all rockstar games going back to 3 have always, always had a wee, tiny little bit of input lag no matter the controller. Seriously, go break out GTA3 on PS2. That's never been their strong suit. And having the "camera" down closer in first person mode makes it readily apparent. I'm just glad they got the right stick dead zone cleaned up a bit.

Feenix posted:

I think there's maybe a new bug where I can't run sometimes?

[edit] no I changed my controls to make stick down = sprint.
Yeah this threw me off for a second - it's X X X X X X X X in 3rd person but Stick Push in FPS mode. :v:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Duke Chin posted:

It's never going to "feel" snappy like a FPS - The controls on all rockstar games going back to 3 have always, always had a wee, tiny little bit of input lag no matter the controller. Seriously, go break out GTA3 on PS2. That's never been their strong suit. And having the "camera" down closer in first person mode makes it readily apparent. I'm just glad they got the right stick dead zone cleaned up a bit.
Yeah this threw me off for a second - it's X X X X X X X X in 3rd person but Stick Push in FPS mode. :v:

You can use that mode in third person now too. Which, I might actually stick with given it means I can stop mashing X.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

If it's any consolation, I plan to blow him into a million pieces the next chance I get.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

If it's any consolation, I plan to blow him into a million pieces the next chance I get.

Wait so definitely a joke? :(

[edit]
Easiest way to quickly raise my flying stat?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 19, 2014

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Feenix posted:

[edit]

Flight school, down at the airport.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah I'm going to stick with assisted aim, at the very least when I do need to free aim, it's not going to be a complete poo poo show.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Feenix posted:

[edit] Easiest way to quickly raise my flying stat?

Fly.

I'm not even joking - I had mine maxed out in the first ~2-3 days of GTAO just cause I dig zipping around in everything. This was pre-flight school. That being said: totally do ALL of the flight school activities and try your best to gold medal all of them. It'll get your stats up and you'll get a not insignificant chunk of change at the end if you just sit down and do the 8 or so activities. And yes, formation flying is a pain for some - TINY, TINY movements are what is required. Like, suuuuuper teeny adjustments. Don't think of it so much as trying to stay in the circle but trying to stay on the same heading/altitude as the other dudes.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Feenix posted:

Wait so definitely a joke? :(

[edit]

Don't be me, and enjoy flying with a heli in passive mode for hours on end in freeroam talking into the mic narrating every movement from the random pub I am following.

Seriously my newbie's flying stat is almost 60, at like 10 hours of flying, alone. (I love it, and don't care about raising a silly stat through reason.)

On the plus side, that poo poo doesn't matter, after this last patch, I am back to using my level 123, gently caress leveling and that poo poo that is locked out. I have a 10 car garage to fill now, now worry about race win/loss, and bullshit content I can't access.

Long live WEZL LLJK for now!

edit; I forgot to ask, does anyone notice that if the GTA5 game has been running for a long time, or rather, the longer it runs the worst it performs, most noticeably audio issues arise, as do cinematic bugs with npcs not appears, or cutting voice chat in GTAO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Scyron posted:

Don't be me, and enjoy flying with a heli in passive mode for hours on end in freeroam talking into the mic narrating every movement from the random pub I am following.

Seriously my newbie's flying stat is almost 60, at like 10 hours of flying, alone. (I love it, and don't care about raising a silly stat through reason.)

On the plus side, that poo poo doesn't matter, after this last patch, I am back to using my level 123, gently caress leveling and that poo poo that is locked out. I have a 10 car garage to fill now, now worry about race win/loss, and bullshit content I can't access.

Long live WEZL LLJK for now!

edit; I forgot to ask, does anyone notice that if the GTA5 game has been running for a long time, or rather, the longer it runs the worst it performs, most noticeably audio issues arise, as do cinematic bugs with npcs not appears, or cutting voice chat in GTAO?

Ive noticed on PS4 it gets very choppy framerate-wise after a multi-hour session and there have been occasions where voice chat has come unmuted with no way to fix it.

• Locked thread