Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Scyron posted:

edit; I forgot to ask, does anyone notice that if the GTA5 game has been running for a long time, or rather, the longer it runs the worst it performs, most noticeably audio issues arise, as do cinematic bugs with npcs not appears, or cutting voice chat in GTAO?

I'm pretty sure there isn't one single game company out there that does the updates-all-the-time methodology that doesn't have the ol' memory leak thing going on.

Marvel Heroes, GTA:O, something else I'm forgetting... etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Icedude posted:

Flight school, down at the airport.

I gave up when I reached the low flying mission, gently caress that poo poo.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I don't seem to remember it this bad on the ps3 though, because it is like, after 2 hours(online) or 4 hours(SP) of playing, I am most assuredly going to need a restart of the system or game. I figured most of it was the transition from SP->MP->SP every hour or so.

I do feel obligated to say, I don't intentionally break games but I did get trained in on it, and I feel that has more or less seeped into my gaming veins and just sometimes makes poo poo happen for the worse, in most cases.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SplitSoul posted:

That's where I stopped, too. :/

And I don't care about my flying for stat bar reasons, I care cuz I assumed it removed/minimized the helicopter "turbulence" wobble.

Does it not?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Feenix posted:

That's where I stopped, too. :/

And I don't care about my flying for stat bar reasons, I care cuz I assumed it removed/minimized the helicopter "turbulence" wobble.

Does it not?

My opinion is like, probably wrong on this, or I might just be an ace, but I never really noticed a thing, going from my maxed pilot 123 character to my 35 (50s? skill) character. The cargobob blows no matter what.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The low flying test shouldn't be a problem if you fly with lowered landing gear. Even if you only get bronze in all tests you can level that skill rather quickly with the flight school (without you'd have to fly forward for x minutes to gain 1%). On my main, before the flight school was in, I faked landings for flying skill: Take a plane with retractable landing gear, take off, retract landing gear, lower it again and touch down, take off again as quickly as you can, retract and then lower the landing gear again, rinse and repeat. With a nimble plane with powerful engines like the Vestra you could do a lot of hops on LAX, turn 180°, do more hops, after an hour or two I was maxed. They may have patched that, I don't know.

The effect on helicopter wobble seems minimal, but you will notice a reduction in fake turbulence while flying airplanes. I hate that flying model so much :argh:

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

Dicking around with share factory for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzfohhmJ0nE

Will Youtube eventually show an HD version or did I gently caress up the upload?

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

If it's any consolation, I plan to blow him into a million pieces the next chance I get.

Thank you kind sir. That does make me feel a little better. Maybe throw in some explosives just for good measure.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I've gotten two special crates now this evening, and both said I got the USA Boppers shirt. I can't find it in my inventory anywhere. Whats the support ticket submission method?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

A c E posted:

Had a blast with Kebby82 and triolinu66 (maybe?). One of you was terrible in the Buzzard, should have let me drive as I was going to bring each of you to one of your own.

Just flying around:

Flying around in my Dubsta being chased by a pubbies in a helicopter:

Stealing Lasers to deal with aggressive pubbies.

Kebby82, you seemed to loose the blind eye, did you shoot someone in the base? The jet in the foreground was AI and I'm still annoyed they don't show on the map.

Cruising in the back of a police van:

We didn't survive in the air long..ever.:

Of course the highlight was this:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=29B8879E7B98D8CF!134&authkey=!AHf6wd-sbPFKvNE&ithint=video%2cmp4

It's too bad sharp turns cause you to put down your phone. I lost so many awesome shots because of that.
Going to hop back on in hopes of snow.

I'm Kebby82 and I am awful in the helicopter. I will let you drive next time! That was some good fun. We need to get you a mic though!

Also, as I was flying out of the air force base a rocket hit the tail on my jet and although I could still fly I could not control my jet. Eventually the engine died and it sank me so deep in the ocean I had no idea which way was up.

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 19, 2014

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

SplitSoul posted:

Put your landing gear down, don't touch the throttle, aim for the bottom of the circle: win

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I've gotten two special crates now this evening, and both said I got the USA Boppers shirt. I can't find it in my inventory anywhere. Whats the support ticket submission method?

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I've just had to file one myself because I've noticed that my stats in free roam differ entirely from when I'm in a lobby - my driving skill goes from 20 or 40 to 100, Ninja goes from 100 down to 20 etc.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Scyron posted:

Don't be me, and enjoy flying with a heli in passive mode for hours on end in freeroam talking into the mic narrating every movement from the random pub I am following.

Please be in David Attenborough's voice.

We find ourselves in the concrete jungle called Los Santos as we search for the elusive and irresponsible White Dot. The White Dot's primary mating ritual is curious. It's mating call is made up of vague threats and its mating action is running head on into things. If you asked the White Dot to draw a straight line, you would end up with a Rorschach drawing. The White Dot spends much of its time roving aimlessly over the concrete floor, usually in an automobile, but occasionally on foot, completely impatient and unaware of the dangers that lurk in the shadows.

The Red Dot stalks its prey and here we see three of them, obviously in a hunting pack. A shot is fired from the Red Dot with the vantage point, drawing the White Dot's attention towards it as two other Red Dots in tandem approach with speed. The trap has been set and the White Dot confused and in its haste jumps into the nearest vehicle. This is exactly what the hunters want. It appears the Red Dots completely miss their target as they make a high speed run by their pray. The Red Dots appear to have missed him. The White Dot now beaming with confidence that he has survived the ordeal is suddenly engulfed in a horrific explosion. Curses and despair are heard in the air over the wails of laughter of the Red Dots.

The White Dot heals quickly despite its injuries as all of the Red Dots now circle it, each inflicting wound and wound, toying with their new found prey. When the White Dot finds that it cannot take the assault, it goes into a phased state of cowardice. Its passive mode. This mode is quite a marvel to watch as the White Dot can now phase in and out of matter attached to any of the Red Dots. But it is too late, the esteem it might have gained from its superior foes is now forever lost. Despite this loss of status, the White Dot does something unthinkable. It approaches the Red Dots and... what the hell is it doing thrusting like that?

Ahem, the White Dot is now far down the path of cowardice and while it may surprise one of the Red Dots with a sneaking and successful attack, the Red Dots are waiting to now punish their prey until it teleports angrily from that existence.

geeves fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 19, 2014

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

My only wish to add to that is that you could fit a loudspeaker mod to your helicopter that blared out whatever you had on the radio/was saying into the mic Battlefield Vietnam style.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
What are the pro solo missions to do these days? Trash Talk and Mixed Up With Coke are still quick and easy with the chopper. It looks like the crystal clear out I always did is gone, and doesn't rooftop Rumble suck now?

Also I never got any straight up errors but it would take forever to load after finishing a mission, is that just how it is?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Just race and skydive and whatever's quick and easy, fill a spare 10 car garage with 9k+ cars to turn in once every 45 minutes, easy money.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

ElwoodCuse posted:

Also I never got any straight up errors but it would take forever to load after finishing a mission, is that just how it is?

Yeah I don't know what that's all about. It just started doing that to me tonight/this patch as well, when before it wasn't taking so long to load/switch servers.

:shrug: I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world it's just annoying.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

ExplodingSquid posted:

Thank you kind sir. That does make me feel a little better. Maybe throw in some explosives just for good measure.

:forkbomb:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

We find ourselves in the concrete jungle called Los Santos as we search for the elusive and irresponsible White Dot. The White Dot's primary mating ritual is curious. It's mating call is made up of vague threats and its mating action is running head on into things. If you asked the White Dot to draw a straight line, you would end up with a Rorschach drawing. The White Dot spends much of its time roving aimlessly over the concrete floor, usually in an automobile, but occasionally on foot, completely impatient and unaware of the dangers that lurk in the shadows.

The Red Dot stalks its prey and here we see three of them, obviously in a hunting pack. A shot is fired from the Red Dot with the vantage point, drawing the White Dot's attention towards it as two other Red Dots in tandem approach with speed. The trap has been set and the White Dot confused and in its haste jumps into the nearest vehicle. This is exactly what the hunters want. It appears the Red Dots completely miss their target as they make a high speed run by their pray. The Red Dots appear to have missed him. The White Dot now beaming with confidence that he has survived the ordeal is suddenly engulfed in a horrific explosion. Curses and despair are heard in the air over the wails of laughter of the Red Dots.

The White Dot heals quickly despite its injuries as all of the Red Dots now circle it, each inflicting wound and wound, toying with their new found prey. When the White Dot finds that it cannot take the assault, it goes into a phased state of cowardice. Its passive mode. This mode is quite a marvel to watch as the White Dot can now phase in and out of matter attached to any of the Red Dots. But it is too late, the esteem it might have gained from its superior foes is now forever lost. Despite this loss of status, the White Dot does something unthinkable. It approaches the Red Dots and... what the hell is it doing thrusting like that?

Ahem, the White Dot is now far down the path of cowardice and while it may surprise one of the Red Dots with a sneaking and successful attack, the Red Dots are waiting to now punish their prey until it teleports angrily from that existence.

I feel like I've actually been on a Safari sponsored by Google now. Well done.

Last night a bunch of us were in a room with a young kid who told us he was LA Reid's son. When we of course laughed at him, he told us to "look it up on Safari" so we wanted to know why his dad was on a safari.

We just messed with him on and off for awhile. Then he told us he was a YouTube streamer...lots of hilarity. It was a good night for my voice chat to be stuck on "everyone".

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I put voice chat on everyone so I could hear you messin with the kid but after 10 minutes I went back to crew and friends. His squeaky prepubescent voice was grating on my nerves. Listening to the poo poo you were saying to him though was cracking me up. Dancing and singing are banned in my town lol

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...5-PS4-Xbox-One-

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
My PS4 is going to be full of screen shots once I see the snow in-game.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

We find ourselves in the concrete jungle called Los Santos as we search for the elusive and irresponsible White Dot....

Glorious.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

Last night a bunch of us were in a room with a young kid who told us he was LA Reid's son. When we of course laughed at him, he told us to "look it up on Safari" so we wanted to know why his dad was on a safari.

We just messed with him on and off for awhile. Then he told us he was a YouTube streamer...lots of hilarity. It was a good night for my voice chat to be stuck on "everyone".

It was funny how he went from resigned frustration, to anger, to shrieking like a five year old, and back around again. All the while not cluing in about 'Safari'. And the multitude of LA, Read/Reid and YouTube streaming comments was loving hilarious.
His begging of us to leave him alone near the end all the while was really almost sad. I wish he had joined the races with us.

Speaking of which, I got hung up on the exit screen, I had to literally turn off the PS4 to get out of it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Toasta posted:

My PS4 is going to be full of screen shots once I see the snow in-game.

Holy poo poo

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scyron posted:

My opinion is like, probably wrong on this, or I might just be an ace, but I never really noticed a thing, going from my maxed pilot 123 character to my 35 (50s? skill) character. The cargobob blows no matter what.

Flying the Buzzard at 2.5 bars of skill, it seemed to me to be ultra responsive and totally awesome EXCEPT every 5 seconds or so it had this off-steer wobble. It felt very artificial and "applied", so I assumed it was "low skill"-gated.

I could be wrong about that. I was just assuming (hoping?!) it went away.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
no that artificial wobble poo poo is the worst part of flying, thanks for nothing Rockstar. Raising your flight stat makes it happen less often but never goes away entirely. I think it also makes you better at maneuvering in the air but it's been so long since I wasn't 100/100 in the stat I don't know.

For people who don't want to do flight school but do want to boost it, fly under bridges while you wander around in the air. I think each one is a bonus to flight.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Psion posted:

no that artificial wobble poo poo is the worst part of flying, thanks for nothing Rockstar. Raising your flight stat makes it happen less often but never goes away entirely. I think it also makes you better at maneuvering in the air but it's been so long since I wasn't 100/100 in the stat I don't know.

For people who don't want to do flight school but do want to boost it, fly under bridges while you wander around in the air. I think each one is a bonus to flight.

Well, as much as that sucks, having it happen less is still good.

Let me be clear, it's not THAT bad even at 3.5 bars. It's just... when you're trying to aim with a Buzzard, it's REALLY annoying.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Asking him about his dad while describing the plot of Footloose was a nice touch.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
this gingerbread man mask is fantastic

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I feel like I've already flown under all the obvious bridges. (Down in the industrial/canal area) how many are they? Where are more?

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.
I can tell you that going from maxed on flying to a new character starting at 0, flying felt much more wobbly and difficult. Switching back to my maxed character, it seemed much better. You still have the turbulence, but flying seems much easier to control.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Please change the thread title when we have snow, I got reportin' to do.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 19, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Zip! posted:

Battlefield Vietnam style.

Memories of unleashing hell upon an unsuspecting base in a huey coming back to me...

Why haven't they done this yet. Loudspeakers on a chopper would be loving sick, especially if you could use it PA style with your mic.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

NeoSeeker posted:

Memories of unleashing hell upon an unsuspecting base in a huey coming back to me...

Why haven't they done this yet. Loudspeakers on a chopper would be loving sick, especially if you could use it PA style with your mic.

I mean, everyone already has all the music loaded on each console, so it's not a sync issue.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Feenix posted:

I mean, everyone already has all the music loaded on each console, so it's not a sync issue.

It's more of an issue of any sort of "select track" feature.
Also the lack of any credence or bombastic classical music.

Just alone a PA system on combat helicopters would be nice. It's already there for the cops. Not to mention if someone's talking complete poo poo it's hilarious when someone snipes them right out of their chopper.

I'd just like to hear that buzzy poo poo voice coming through a booming loudspeaker. Bonus RP if you scream into the mic as your copper goes down.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 19, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

NeoSeeker posted:

It's more of an issue of any sort of "select track" feature.
Also the lack of any credence or bombastic classical music.

Just alone a PA system on combat helicopters would be nice. It's already there for the cops. Not to mention if someone's talking complete poo poo it's hilarious when someone snipes them right out of their chopper.

I'd just like to hear that buzzy poo poo voice coming through a booming loudspeaker. Bonus RP if you scream into the mic as your copper goes down.

I'd settle for just blasting radio even. Or tracks minus commercials.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I for one would be quite terrified if a helicopter blasting out "Only Girl in the World" was chasing me.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Feenix posted:

I feel like I've already flown under all the obvious bridges. (Down in the industrial/canal area) how many are they? Where are more?

Some of the bridges are full on "are you serious?" levels of tight, where I wouldn't think they counted but they do. I did them in a Buzzard because the rotor span is narrow enough to go through a few of them where some helicopters are too wide. I would look up a guide, I would never have found them all.

Wee Bairns posted:

I wish he had joined the races with us.

I'm going to ask this without honestly trying to sound like too much of a douchebag... Would you prefer I not join in races with you guys? If you want to just race each other I wouldn't butthurt at all if you asked me to gently caress off because I race a lot. I'm not sure I wasn't hurting the enjoyment of races for you guys. I was considering dropping out in the middle of the playlist when I won a catch up on/slip stream on race by like 20 something seconds. I would understand if you guys thought I was making GBS threads on your fun or something, and everyone was really quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There's that one bridge in the far north east that's so low that your chopper will undoubtedly explode a few times before you get it.

• Locked thread