Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

indigi posted:

gamergate is the only "community" that might have a more tenuous grasp on reality than bitcoin true believers

venn diagram of those two groups probably overlaps pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bucketmouse posted:

shrek

can we have another ouya so there's something games-related to make fun of other than gamergaters

ouya was fun because there was a shred of legitimacy and misplaced hope on their end, gamergate is just loving dumb

The Xbone is still a neverending laugh parade

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bucketmouse posted:

shrek

can we have another ouya so there's something games-related to make fun of other than gamergaters

ouya was fun because there was a shred of legitimacy and misplaced hope on their end, gamergate is just loving dumb

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Linguica posted:

God I was trying to figure out what one of those insane bitcoin charts is supposed to mean and I found https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-market-gann-lens/ which "explains" it

I looked up William Gann and he literally practiced "financial astrology" so that should say it all pretty much

His wikipedia page reads like it was written by a low-grade schizophrenic too

He started trading in 1902 when he was 24.[6]
[6] He was left handed. Pattern, Price & Time: Using Gann ... - Google Book Search. books.google.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-03-15.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

The Xbone is still a neverending laugh parade

The XBone thread is the worst thread on the forum and consoles are for babies anyway

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

I miss hearing about star citizen
star citizen collected $6M in donations in last month alone, in return they promised to add 4 spaceship models and virtual space-pets to the game :tipshat:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Proteus4994 posted:

BeOSPOS posted:

Proteus4994 posted:

it's really the worst loving posters on SA coming together in an unmoderated thread to shitpost about their sad lives because they're literally rejected from every other forum on SA

so kinda like fyad, but not quite
don't sign your posts
you hosed this up pretty bad, "mlyp" would have been a better attempt
much like yos pos :xd:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Herman Merman posted:

star citizen collected $6M in donations in last month alone, in return they promised to add 4 spaceship models and virtual space-pets to the game :tipshat:
that's not even the most recent stretch goal hit

quote:

Enhanced Ship Modularity – So you have the ship of your dreams, but really wish that it could be customized to suit your needs a bit more than the off-the-shelf models? This new goal, a massive undertaking, is going to be of interest. We are looking to overhaul any suitable ships (including the Cutlass, Avenger, Retaliator and Redeemer) to allow many modular components to be available as swap-outs. For example: if you have purchased a Redeemer, then using the new system you would have a variety of new modules available to refit the ship, internal and external, to suit your play requirements. If you wanted to make it a Bounty Hunter ship, you could buy a “Stasis Chamber module” for the lower deck and you would be able to capture and store fugitives to be delivered for their bounties at your leisure. You could configure the upper deck to be outfitted with a “long range communication suite” allowing you to keep in touch with your “Infoagent” even when in deep space. Fed up of Bounty hunting? Swap in a larger cargo module in the lower deck to make that profitable run you have been planning for a while, or add the Explorer Module with deployable vehicle for some planetside recon. Manufacturers will still be offering pre-configured variants, but should you be looking to adapt a hull to suit a certain task then your ship has come in (and is now ready for modification!)
"This new goal, a massive undertaking, is going to be of interest."

this project will crash and burn so hard

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i saw a video recently about a guy looking over one of the new ships and pointing out how it was unfinished and a lot of parts didn't work logically. also you couldn't fly it.

also it was 180 dollars

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

seriously star citizen could turn out to be the most amazing game of all time and it still wouldn't excuse them charging over ten thousand american dollars for about a dozen ships, most of which only existed as a single piece of concept art and none of which you could fly at the time

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
i hope star citizen becomes real so i can play that hosed up mmo until i have enough fake money to buy a ship that people paid thousands of real dollars for

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i hope it becomes a real thing so that i can enjoy watching the meltdown period

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boxturret posted:

seriously star citizen could turn out to be the most amazing game of all time and it still wouldn't excuse them charging over ten thousand american dollars for about a dozen ships, most of which only existed as a single piece of concept art and none of which you could fly at the time

i disagree

when you can make someone part with $10k that easily you have a moral obligation to scam it out of them for a video game spaceship before someone else scams them out of it for something else

after all that money's going into the wrong hands somehow you might as well make sure it's hands that will just spend it on hookers and blow

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
real talk where are you guys getting Star Citizen shadenfrood? the Games thread and reddit are hugboxes

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

when is zynga buying them?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

real talk where are you guys getting Star Citizen shadenfrood? the Games thread and reddit are hugboxes

there used to be a thread in gibbis but....

gibbis

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the star citizen and dayz parts were fine but it shared a thread with the IM SO MAD THAT A MOD FORCED EVERYONE TO FUND THE HOTDOG GUY crowd

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
what is star citizen

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

jony ive aces posted:

don't sign your posts
[/quote]much like yos pos :xd:
[/quote]

weird that once-nested quotes are broken, but twice-nested quotes aren't

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

much like yos pos :xd:
[/quote]

weird that once-nested quotes are broken, but twice-nested quotes aren't
[/quote]

:agreed:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Dren posted:

what is star citizen

zybourne clock 2

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Dren posted:

what is star citizen

a ponzi scheme, with spaceships

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Alan Smithee posted:

i don't actually, i visited the site for maybe the second time in my life for my post and that's it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If we're talking about dumb video game kickstarters, have those idiots who thought they could reboot CoH because they knew how to make a map with Unreal Engine inevitably crashed and burned yet

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
theyre remaking company of heroes?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

call of hooty

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
City of Heroes was a goddamn classic I won't stand for this sass

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

CapnAndy posted:

If we're talking about dumb video game kickstarters, have those idiots who thought they could reboot CoH because they knew how to make a map with Unreal Engine inevitably crashed and burned yet

Captains of Hodling?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

QuarkJets posted:

venn diagram of those two groups probably overlaps pretty well

both teenagers ✔
both hate women ✔
both waste time and money on their rig ✔
both angry at authority figures ✔

the math works out

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

that looks like.... starbound? except for the cat thing driving the jeep

is this what's happening in the nightly builds

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The Management posted:

both hate women ✔

what are you talking about they love women infact they have this lovely chart

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Boxturret posted:

the star citizen and dayz parts were fine but it shared a thread with the IM SO MAD THAT A MOD FORCED EVERYONE TO FUND THE HOTDOG GUY crowd

lowtax is in the hotdog business now?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quote:

lol - "verify your wallet" - why in the world should it not be valid?! Cheesy
Nice try though - it is almost like "Send me 1 BTC and send you 2".

almost like every ponzi these dopes have fallen for!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Boxturret posted:

my favorite thread is "let's make fun of a guy with a completely unremarkable hot dog stand because goons funded it"

hahaha did you know that his MENU has POOR GRAPHIC DESIGN?

edit: also if anybody actually cares about how hard OUYA went down they apparently are "sold out" of OUYAs on their website, so basically they're in the process of shutting down, lol @ the investors who gave them money

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

almost like every ponzi these dopes have fallen for!

well i sent him 0.0001 btc and he sent 0.0002 btc back so he must be legit

gonna send my life savings over now

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

my favorite thread is "let's make fun of a guy with a completely unremarkable hot dog stand because goons funded it"

hahaha did you know that his MENU has POOR GRAPHIC DESIGN?

the best part was when someone got him an sa account and he did an ama and turned out to be way less spergy than gibbis

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

:laffo:

seriouspost
it may be in the next stable release which has been any day now since valentine's day

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

edit: also if anybody actually cares about how hard OUYA went down they apparently are "sold out" of OUYAs on their website, so basically they're in the process of shutting down, lol @ the investors who gave them money

just making room for the twouya

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I really just don't "get" doobie or whatever the hotdog stand guy is named. someone wrote a post that got people in gbs to fund the guy's kickstarter. pretty sure this was peak classic gbs. I don't see anything else involved with it being anywhere near as funny as star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hobbesmaster posted:

I really just don't "get" doobie or whatever the hotdog stand guy is named. someone wrote a post that got people in gbs to fund the guy's kickstarter. pretty sure this was peak classic gbs. I don't see anything else involved with it being anywhere near as funny as star citizen
iirc it turned out that the guy was kind of an idiot. like instead of ordering stuff from a restaurant supplier he just went to walmart and bought all his ingredients so it meant that hot dogs were like $5. also i think it turned out he was racist

• Locked thread