Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

All of the swaps and changes are good, but this method is very tempting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f0oJCMACe0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've had another brilliant idea for a song swap: I'm going to give Hathaway the Never Ending Story theme.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
For my custom BGM picks I tried to give everyone vocal songs from their own show. Most of them were fairly obvious picks, but it was nice giving some shows songs they've never had for whatever reason, like the Big O opening, Toki wo Koete for Zeta and Cruel Angel's Thesis for Evangelion. Big O's piston punch animation syncs up eerily well.

One of the few exceptions to this was Full Metal Panic, which got the A-Team opening. Trider got the Braiger opening because nothing is sacred to us millenials. Gundam Unicorn got the full version of Unicorn, actually containing the parts of it I like.

I'm also rather proud of what I set as the Maximum Break theme. In a perfect world you could set a different one for each unit, but setting BGMs on individual attacks is almost as good.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Okay so question regarding Z3-1 BGM thing. How does it work? Like how do you insert the BGM's? I'm asking this because I'm gonna get Z3-1 and I really want to add the Bike Horn version of Cruel Angel's Thesis, or something equally silly as that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

GodofDiscord posted:

Okay so question regarding Z3-1 BGM thing. How does it work? Like how do you insert the BGM's? I'm asking this because I'm gonna get Z3-1 and I really want to add the Bike Horn version of Cruel Angel's Thesis, or something equally silly as that.

You just throw the MP3s on whatever platform you're playing Z3 on, then go to customize music and the option for it is towards the end.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
All right! Thanks for the info.
Looking forward to playing both OG 2nd and Z3-1!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The only thing you need to know is the ps3 is picky about USB stick file formats. I think it has to be fat32?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Rascyc posted:

The only thing you need to know is the ps3 is picky about USB stick file formats. I think it has to be fat32?

Not for me, I transfered them from the drive as mp3 and it worked just fine.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

Not for me, I transfered them from the drive as mp3 and it worked just fine.

The volume you put the mp3s on and plug into the PS3 has to be formatted fat32, yes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

For some reason, a lot of the MP3s I put in my Vita play fine, but don't work in the game. Any idea why?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I remember reading that they need to be 44.1 khz and if they have album images or whatever in the file that can make it not work.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

I forgot to check in about Gundam Breaker 2. Basically, it's really loving good. Also it now has an unnecessarily melodramatic story with actual cutscenes and poo poo. It's better than it sounds, people getting SUPER SERIOUS over gunpla is great. In terms of gameplay improvements, they improved so much this might as well be Gundam Breaker 3. The only complaint I have is that some crafting components for surprisingly low-tier poo poo are super hard to find for no real reason. I've crafted like 3 or 4 two-handed swords by now, but still not the lowest level one, because it requires a unique component I didn't find. Weird poo poo.

Basically poo poo is super good and everyone who's even a little bit interested should jump on it. Also if you trigger a unique mode (Trans-am, NT-D, etc) and your Burst mode at the same time the BGM changes to a song from the show and it's super cool.

Just chiming in, this is a very good summary of Gundam Breakers 2. The game honestly does feel like they just skipped over Gundam Breakers 2 and released 3 by mistake because they just knocked it out of the park in terms of quality of life improvements.

Without a doubt the biggest upgrade is that the new upgrade system lets you use what you want to use. In the original you spent the first 5-10 hours with some hideous franken-zaku hybrid because you simply didn't get introduced to anything worth having for quite some time. On top of that the obsolescence of parts happened very quickly, which meant that even when you found a deign that you liked you'd eventually end up having to trash it because you couldn't' complete stages anymore. By contrast Breakers 2 allows you to upgrade whatever parts you want to keep them more or less on the cutting edge without becoming overpowered. Likewise getting the parts you want is a lot easier because the store actually sells new kits at a reasonable rate, and parts for 'rare' suits tend to drop pretty briskly. I don't think I had to farm any design I wanted for more than three attempts, which is down from like... sixty in the original.

The gameplay is better, the enemy variety is vastly improved and on top of all of that the game has a story that is actually... kinda nifty as Gaia pointed out. The closest thing I can link it to is the Original mode from the original Gundam Musou. Its got mechs, places and attacks that you recognize, but portrayed in a way that you can still get at least a little invested in the story mode. The cut scene that happens between part one and part two of the story is actually fantastic and feels like a real gundam moment.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Hokuto posted:

I would love to see this link, thank you!

SRW R: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/26693244 This player uses save-and-reloading in order to get important critical hits, but edits out the saving so that it looks continuous. If you don't watch any of the other videos, at least watch the final episode of this one to see how ridiculous level 99 spirit spam can get.

SRW D: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/27990859 Very similar to the R series which came first. The D player also aims to unlock Sibil and Haman as well, requiring completing an extra stage for Sibil and feeding a hundred kills each to several newtype aces for Haman. Despite that, they proceed well ahead of their estimates and wind up lowering their turncount goal multiple times. :v:

SRW J: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/25067370 Instead of editing out save/loading, this one uses emulator tools to get criticals instead. The tool-assisted menuing isn't as fast as possible for the sake of comprehension, but the player does probably get more critical hits than needed.

There might be others with the turncount+level goal, but these are the ones I've watched.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MonsieurChoc posted:

I also replaced the Maximum Break music with this

oh my god

EthanSteele posted:

I'd love a link to the instrumental Cruel Angel Thesis all I keep finding is karaoke versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Hyped as gently caress to see Diebuster in the new trailer.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Went to the game store to pick up Animal Crossing, came back with Gundam Breaker 2 instead. Is it possible to set up online matches with people on your buddy list? If so I would love to break some Gundams with folks, anytime.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Getsuya posted:

Went to the game store to pick up Animal Crossing, came back with Gundam Breaker 2 instead. Is it possible to set up online matches with people on your buddy list? If so I would love to break some Gundams with folks, anytime.

Probably. It's lobby-based so at worst one person would start the lobby with a password and then the other person would join. My PSN is InfinityGaiaJP if you want to add me, but I'm already at BBR (basically level) 41 so I'd be a little overpowered to be on your side in the early game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Probably. It's lobby-based so at worst one person would start the lobby with a password and then the other person would join. My PSN is InfinityGaiaJP if you want to add me, but I'm already at BBR (basically level) 41 so I'd be a little overpowered to be on your side in the early game.

If it works like the last one, take him with you on some midgame missions and get him some parts that will be way overpowered for early game missions. :v:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Gyra_Solune posted:

But I distinctly did remember Nono using the Earth to attempt to punch out a space monster.

Nono actively stops them from doing that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I can't stop myself from adding more and more custom songs. Now I put this as Chirico's theme, despite the fact that his original theme is pretty good.

I don't know if I need help or if I'm just having too much fun.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Midjack posted:

If it works like the last one, take him with you on some midgame missions and get him some parts that will be way overpowered for early game missions. :v:

This actually doesn't work very well on the new game. Most parts have a minimum level, and there is a pretty rapid change over of the upgrade parts you get. Parts you pick up in level 20 might not be at all useful to upgrade level 5 gamer for example.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Man you guys weren't kidding about Gundam Breaker 2. I sat down to see how it is and by the time I took my eyes off the screen 4 hours had passed. It's just so awesome! And I love how the new part-leveling system makes it so you can basically take any suit you want and be competitive with it. Now instead of just min-maxing with the best stuff, no matter how it looks, I can actually build my ideal suit and then power it up to keep up with the new missions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, I think I need to get that game....after next week anyway, since I'll be on vacation away from my PS3.

edit: does it still not have any multiplayer? No way to show off your crazy MS and look at other peoples'?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 20, 2014

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, I think I need to get that game....after next week anyway, since I'll be on vacation away from my PS3.

edit: does it still not have any multiplayer? No way to show off your crazy MS and look at other peoples'?

It absolutely has multiplayer. First game had it too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinity Gaia posted:

It absolutely has multiplayer. First game had it too.
Oh, huh. I was looking on the website and it didn't seem to say anything about that. I'm used to seeing the number of players as basic information in the spec section of the page.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

ActionZero posted:

Nono actively stops them from doing that.

Oh! Well I sure got it backwards.

She is probably going to help it happen instead in the scenario in which the Black Hole Bomb only really served to arguably make everything just madder, though.

Also battleship sizes are tricky. I'd figured there would be four motherships like the Sidonia and Excelion that serve the more traditional battleship role only being somewhat more realistic since they're huge colony ships that could indeed hold as many mechs as they figured, and then a handful of smaller carriers like the Ptolemaios and the Tower that have limited capacity but are more mobile and front-line combat worthy. But I'd had the Macross as the former and the Wunder as the latter when they're about the same size and indeed in between the other two classes.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Here's my current Gundam Breaker 2 guy

'Gundam Dragoon'. I'm focusing a lot on Lance Mastery but I also want some Bazooka Mastery because I love my Hyper Bazooka. I'm still not 100% on the color scheme, I'll probably change it up as I go along. The main thing I want to switch out ASAP is the chest piece. Right now I just have it because it gives me really high armor, but it doesn't have any abilities to speak of so I'll probably switch it out once I can upgrade into something that has one of the abilities I want.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Getsuya posted:

Here's my current Gundam Breaker 2 guy

'Gundam Dragoon'. I'm focusing a lot on Lance Mastery but I also want some Bazooka Mastery because I love my Hyper Bazooka. I'm still not 100% on the color scheme, I'll probably change it up as I go along. The main thing I want to switch out ASAP is the chest piece. Right now I just have it because it gives me really high armor, but it doesn't have any abilities to speak of so I'll probably switch it out once I can upgrade into something that has one of the abilities I want.

Keep in mind that, in the late game, all abilities can be switched within their category (as far as I've found). So for instance you can later on change a Bazooka Mastery for a Rifle Mastery if you have the appropriate bits and pieces. You also get the ability to improve the effects of abilities, and the ability to apply level up bonuses to the part. The lower the rank of a part, the better the bonuses they get on level up, generally speaking.

So it's actually entirely possible to run with the parts you like rather than the ones that give the best stats in GB2. It's not super viable in the early game but there's some guy on /m/ who has managed to get all the way up to the post-game in nothing but a constantly buffed GM so it's not impossible.

Also keep in mind I'm not at the end of the game and it KEEPS GIVING ME MORE CRAFTING ABILITIES. So the first part is subject to change if I get more weird stuff. I still haven't found out how to unlock ????? abilities on parts, for instance.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Infinity Gaia posted:

So it's actually entirely possible to run with the parts you like rather than the ones that give the best stats in GB2. It's not super viable in the early game but there's some guy on /m/ who has managed to get all the way up to the post-game in nothing but a constantly buffed GM so it's not impossible.

GM POWEREDEDEDEDEDEDED

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Way ahead of you, that and the jazz cover were the first things I grabbed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

GM POWEREDEDEDEDEDEDED

GM OVERPOWEREDEDEDEDEDEDED

Looks like we may be getting DLC with this one, you may want to play on a Japan account. Not sure how it will work with missions but suits and parts will probably show up in the game's shop.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 20, 2014

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Midjack posted:

GM OVERPOWEREDEDEDEDEDEDED

Looks like we may be getting DLC with this one, you may want to play on a Japan account. Not sure how it will work with missions but suits and parts will probably show up in the game's shop.

Actually they'll probably do it in a manner similar to how they handled the suits added in the expansion to the original, in that they'll add in one or possibly two missions per suit (HG and MG, perhaps?) that allows you to grind them out within them.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also keep in mind I'm not at the end of the game and it KEEPS GIVING ME MORE CRAFTING ABILITIES. So the first part is subject to change if I get more weird stuff. I still haven't found out how to unlock ????? abilities on parts, for instance.

Don't they just show up with leveling? That's what always seems to happen for me. At level 1 almost everything is ???? but when I give it a level or two at least one of the abilities will show up. Or maybe you have to use them in battle a few times?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Actually they'll probably do it in a manner similar to how they handled the suits added in the expansion to the original, in that they'll add in one or possibly two missions per suit (HG and MG, perhaps?) that allows you to grind them out within them.

Yeah, I would like that but that expansion came out as a game update, not DLC in the PSN store, and it sounds like it's going to be DLC through the store this time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Getsuya posted:

Don't they just show up with leveling? That's what always seems to happen for me. At level 1 almost everything is ???? but when I give it a level or two at least one of the abilities will show up. Or maybe you have to use them in battle a few times?

That... Would make sense, haha. I guess I never bothered leveling anything up too much because I'm massively indecisive about my loadout.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

That... Would make sense, haha. I guess I never bothered leveling anything up too much because I'm massively indecisive about my loadout.

That's what I assume it is, though most of my stuff isn't above Level 3 yet so I can't really confirm it. Anyway Twin Lance+Exia Legs is my favorite thing ever. The heavy attack for the Twin Lance is a huge ranged dash, so you can close distances with anything including snipers almost immediately. Plus it breaks their guard. Then you whip out the GN Blade options from the Exia legs which somehow do even more damage than my main weapon at this point. Plus they shear off parts like no one's business. And then for groups I just pop my Hyper Bazooka special which is great for clearing rooms.

I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to replace these legs because of how much I love having those GN Blades as options without using up a main weapon slot for them. Also almost all the multiplayer rooms are locked with passwords. I guess Japanese players really just want to play with their friends.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Add me if you want to break some Gundams together, Getsuya. I made a couple low-level suits for playing with /m/ so it should be alright no matter where you are. My PSN is InfinityGaiaJP. Incidentally, after playing with /m/, I found out the netcode for this is INSANELY good. I was playing with a guy who is literally across the world from me and it was nearly entirely lagless. I have no idea what mystical bullshit is going on, but it's great.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

Add me if you want to break some Gundams together, Getsuya. I made a couple low-level suits for playing with /m/ so it should be alright no matter where you are. My PSN is InfinityGaiaJP. Incidentally, after playing with /m/, I found out the netcode for this is INSANELY good. I was playing with a guy who is literally across the world from me and it was nearly entirely lagless. I have no idea what mystical bullshit is going on, but it's great.

What do you expect from a game that appears to have been sent back from the future?

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
I don't quite have the game yet, but I should be able to download it today or tomorrow so I'd welcome people to play with. PSN name is the same as this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here's the new stat block for Gundam Breaker 2:

• Locked thread