Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

"One more day until cat ladies everywhere start to weep openly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's also the last Letterman Christmas episode, where Jay Thomas tells the Lone Ranger story and throws footballs at the meatball on top of the Christmas tree before Darlene Love sings Baby, Please Come Home.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna miss staying up to watch that wonderful, Scottish bastard. :unsmith:

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 20, 2014

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
Why Jay Leno, lol. Should of got Paul McCartney.

Smashlampjaw fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 20, 2014

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I still can't get over that opening. It was so good and we got to see the S&M dude. Now, if we could get a shot of the red headed dude, it'd be perfect.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Stupid goddamn local station keeps cutting to local commercials in the middle of the show. Fortunately I have two cbs stations on my lineup and one of them isn't retarded, but it's also only in SD.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I love the Secretariat dance, I missed that thing.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
Lol Bill Cosby.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Gonna miss assmode. Haha..

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

CaptainYesterday posted:

It's also the last Letterman Christmas episode, where Jay Thomas tells the Lone Ranger story and throws footballs at the meatball on top of the Christmas tree before Darlene Love sings Baby, Please Come Home.
Jay Thomas overshadows the most important holiday tradition... Paul Shaffer telling the Cher story.

"Oh holy niiiiight"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I expected something screwy to close out the show... but not that.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rasta_Al posted:

Gonna miss assmode. Haha..

it's a way of life

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Hahaha Craig's end scene was perfect.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

wa27 posted:

Hahaha Craig's end scene was perfect.

Ah, that was great. :allears: So long, ya crazy bastard.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
It was all a dream.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So they combined the endings of Newhart, Drew Carey, St. Elsewhere, and The Sopranos...well done, Craig.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The intro was pretty great, too.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Dr Tran posted:

I think the early taping got the better show.

Who is the real Secretariat?

The Thursday show got to watch the big last cold open.

They didn't show the ending, either. Josh gave Craig some Doctor Who thing on the way out.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I really hate Jay Leno. Not even Craig can redeem him for me.

Aside from that terrible 20 minutes in the middle, though, I really enjoyed Craig's finale. Loved the intro and monologue, and the twist ending.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I loved the cold open where all of the friends of the show banged on their drum to the opening number.

Jay Leno was an expected bore of an interview.

Per usual, Ferguson's Late Night send off will get very little press especially coming off of the heels of Colbert the night before.
I bet Craig prefers it that way.

The ending was delightfully goofy and very Craig.

Also of note: Kristen Bell gave birth to her second girl today. The day of Craig's last Late Late Show. That has a bit of Kismet me thinks. Kristen's new baby girl should have the middle name of "rear end möde" worked in somehow.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

i'm really going to miss craig's show :(

i hope another network realizes that he deserves another talk show.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Robnoxious posted:

Also of note: Kristen Bell gave birth to her second girl today. The day of Craig's last Late Late Show. That has a bit of Kismet me thinks. Kristen's new baby girl should have the middle name of "rear end möde" worked in somehow.

Wow, what're the odds of that? I bet Kristen and Dax would at least entertain the thought having "rear end möde" as a middle name. :allears: Craig's show was the first and only late night talk show I'd followed in earnest. While I can't imagine anyone filling that hole, those ten years were a blast!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This is the first time I've ever been legitimately sad to see a show end.

I'm glad we got to see Josh a bit, and that opening tonight was amazing, what song was that? The ending with Drew was great.

I was pretty ambivalent about Corden until his appearance a few nights ago, God it was absolutely awful. The worst part is you could tell he was trying to perform, he wasn't actually a genuinely shy dude being genuinely shy, like you'd get from a random audience member. He better get his poo poo together.

Dr Tran posted:

The Thursday show got to watch the big last cold open.

They didn't show the ending, either. Josh gave Craig some Doctor Who thing on the way out.

Please, please tell us what Bill Cosby said on the phone that got bleeped.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

counterfeitsaint posted:

This is the first time I've ever been legitimately sad to see a show end.

We're never going to see anything like this again. Craig came in as an outsider and destroyed his competition. And this coming from a long time Letterman fan.

Dave should have quit 10 years ago.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Mister Kingdom posted:

We're never going to see anything like this again. Craig came in as an outsider and destroyed his competition. And this coming from a long time Letterman fan.

Dave should have quit 10 years ago.

While we may have thought Craig destroyed his competition, the ratings apparently didn't :(

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Acer Pilot posted:

While we may have thought Craig destroyed his competition, the ratings apparently didn't :(

True. There's no accounting for taste. Craig was better in his 10 years than all of Leno and the last 10 years of Dave combined.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

counterfeitsaint posted:

Please, please tell us what Bill Cosby said on the phone that got bleeped.

According to an article I read this morning, it was "Try this drink!"

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Craig Ferguson is just so goddamned cool.

That amazing haircut, just casually standing on his desk singing an awesome song (artist would be great to know, and hopefully there will be an mp3 version of this soon) which indicates he cares while looking entirely like he doesn't really. It's all "gently caress you, I'ma do what I want" and that's kind of how cool is supposed to look and feel.

I'll miss this show, but he obviously is done with it. I look forward to what he'll do next.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

Acer Pilot posted:

i'm really going to miss craig's show :(

i hope another network realizes that he deserves another talk show.

Don't forget; Craigy has that deal with Tribune Media for a syndicated chat show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Just finished watching, I'm so sad now.

I'll miss the fantastic fever dream of a show, can't wait for the daytime version.

e: And now what about my avatar?

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 20, 2014

Soda Addict
Apr 19, 2003
Insert Something Here

Steve Vader posted:

Craig Ferguson is just so goddamned cool.

That amazing haircut, just casually standing on his desk singing an awesome song (artist would be great to know, and hopefully there will be an mp3 version of this soon) which indicates he cares while looking entirely like he doesn't really. It's all "gently caress you, I'ma do what I want" and that's kind of how cool is supposed to look and feel.

I'll miss this show, but he obviously is done with it. I look forward to what he'll do next.

The song's Bang Your Drum by Dead Man Fall

Akalies
May 31, 2000
Craig's song last night was Bang Your Drum by Dead Man Fall a Scottish group. They're on YouTube.

I thought Leno was pretty decent and fairly appropriate. He very much fit into the feeling of "Eh, gently caress it." that last episode had. Two former late night hosts talking about how much they hate the stupid guests peddling garbage, just kind of fading in and out of shooting the poo poo.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Well, this'll be a fun way to spend a Saturday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Kg_h2UsdY

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

tinstaach posted:

Well, this'll be a fun way to spend a Saturday

Gee, and here I was planning on spending the day with my girlfriend.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

According to an article I read this morning, it was "Try this drink!"

Yeah, it was essentially something along the lines of "take a sip of this drink agh-oh-puddin-pop" The last episode taping was a little cut and dry. Craig really looked like he just wanted to bang it out and leave as quickly as possible. man, I'm going to miss this show.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Watching it right now on YouTube. Jesus christ, only four minutes in and I'm already blubbering like a baby. This is going to be rough :negative:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
And just think, if CBS hadn't passed over Craig for Colbert...

At least he got 10 mil out of that call.

Great end to one of the best.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Akalies posted:

Craig's song last night was Bang Your Drum by Dead Man Fall a Scottish group. They're on YouTube.

I thought Leno was pretty decent and fairly appropriate. He very much fit into the feeling of "Eh, gently caress it." that last episode had. Two former late night hosts talking about how much they hate the stupid guests peddling garbage, just kind of fading in and out of shooting the poo poo.

How interesting that Leno hated it so much that he got NBC to give him an almost exact copy of the show he was on after he left it, then got them to give him the show back 9 months later.

gently caress that guy, and gently caress his crybaby bit about how everyone was being so mean to him about being a duplicitous little poo poo.

Agent Escalus posted:

And just think, if CBS hadn't passed over Craig for Colbert...

Craig would never have taken the Late Show spot.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Screw Rod Stewart, I wanna see Craig Ferguson do the Great American Songbook. I knew he could sing, but that was amazing.

Is it just me or the "what did we learn on the show the last 10 years craig" thing morph into lazer cats and "We Are High" in the live broadcast?

Cause I dvr'd it and showed it to a friend for the amazing end scene, and it definitely didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

AA is for Quitters posted:

Screw Rod Stewart, I wanna see Craig Ferguson do the Great American Songbook. I knew he could sing, but that was amazing.

Is it just me or the "what did we learn on the show the last 10 years craig" thing morph into lazer cats and "We Are High" in the live broadcast?

Cause I dvr'd it and showed it to a friend for the amazing end scene, and it definitely didn't.

I don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure the cat just farted or something.