Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

BitBasher posted:

My name is BitBasher think I may have a problem.

I bought my third garage and though of all the neat vehicles out there, then started filling it with even more cars for racing. I bought a Dune Buggy and a Dominator and upgraded them all the way. I'm at the point now where I have like 15 cars set up for racing, even putting together cars for edge cases like the Utilities class. I'm fighting off the urges to buy the Livery Massacro, the Raphsody for alternate RWD car for compacts racing and a Baller for the rare long highway SUV races.

I need Race Anon.

Livery Massacro and Livery Jester are both so awesome. I didn't have a regular Jester so maybe it's always been the case but the Livery Jester is actually faster than the Livery Massacro. I've been under the impression for awhile now that the Massacro was the supreme sports race car but now I have a new favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Today I got a guy in my Utility-class bait race who actually happened to own a Sadler as well. Fortunately for me he didn't seem to have most of the mods on his and he got significantly delayed in the starting grid when weapons became enabled and everybody shot off rockets at once.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I know this was a few pages ago but there isn't really some awesome hidden 10-car apartment out in the country, is there?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fifty Three posted:

I know this was a few pages ago but there isn't really some awesome hidden 10-car apartment out in the country, is there?

I sure didn't find one, but there is a nice cheap 6 car garage behind the Ammu-Nation near the military base. At least on the 360, it's the largest capacity garage or house/garage combo available outside Los Santos.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Nintendo Kid posted:

I sure didn't find one, but there is a nice cheap 6 car garage behind the Ammu-Nation near the military base. At least on the 360, it's the largest capacity garage or house/garage combo available outside Los Santos.
there's a house w/ a 6 car garage in paleto bay

Fifty Three posted:

i was joking. i thought it would be obvious since i said there was snow too, and there is obviously not so when you log on.

the snow pictures were from the 'visit north yankton" glitch last year.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hugh Malone posted:

i was joking. i thought it would be obvious since i said there was snow too, and there is obviously not so when you log on.

the snow pictures were from the 'visit north yankton" glitch last year.
drat. I wasn't home to check for myself, haven't played in a while.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Kelly posted:

lol

BTW, he does have a son that age and a daughter that has the same mom (I only say that because he's been married a few times and has a bunch of kids). Her name is like is Addison or Aisha or something - which is the same name he was calling the person in the background last night.

So you know, he was really committed to that story I suppose. :haw:

That's some quality policework there. Keep it up and you'll make Captain.

Bummed that I won't be able to enjoy the snow shenanigans this week, heading away on vacation. Make sure you LLJK maniacs torture some pubbies extra mercilessly in my absence.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BitBasher posted:

My name is BitBasher think I may have a problem.

I bought my third garage and though of all the neat vehicles out there, then started filling it with even more cars for racing. I bought a Dune Buggy and a Dominator and upgraded them all the way. I'm at the point now where I have like 15 cars set up for racing, even putting together cars for edge cases like the Utilities class. I'm fighting off the urges to buy the Livery Massacro, the Raphsody for alternate RWD car for compacts racing and a Baller for the rare long highway SUV races.

I need Race Anon.

I did some looking around on the GTA Forums regarding the Racecar Dinka and Massacro, apparently the Dinka version is outright superior to the original and the Massacro is slightly better than the original with better handling. I pulled the trigger on the Massacro and took it out for some races and yeah, it definitely handles better than the base model to me

What Compact model are you currently using? Because I only have the Rhapsody right now.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

oh man i didn't know beer hats were dropping in crates this time too

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

oh man i didn't know beer hats were dropping in crates this time too

Aw snap, really? Still haven't heard back from R* support about my missing USA Boppers hat/t-shirt/whatever it is.

E: welp turns out I did have it. also the brakes on the Slamvan are outrageous, even fully upgraded! Even my BF Surfer has better braking.

E2: the vehicles in question :D

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 20, 2014

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whats the most people you have come across in a single session? Fairly sparse in my experience so far (7-8 people max)

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Whats the most people you have come across in a single session? Fairly sparse in my experience so far (7-8 people max)

for me it's usually 15 - 25 people in session.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

E: welp turns out I did have it. also the brakes on the Slamvan are outrageous, even fully upgraded! Even my BF Surfer has better braking.

The brakes on the ratloader or ratrod or whatever it is are poo poo too. It's easier to corner by throwing it into a drift. But for now it's still gonna be my daily driver because it looks so dammned cool.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

julian assflange posted:

What platform? On PS4 I usually end up with 20+ in any given session, quite a few close to or at the cap. I've had a couple of 6-7 person lobbies but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whoops PS4 sorry. Must be me then though I thought I had a decent connection.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Whoops PS4 sorry. Must be me then though I thought I had a decent connection.

Test your network connection. 75% of the time with 10down 3up I'm good and have played long sessions. Other times not so. The connection I had in a different city the past couple of days was 10d 5u and last night PS4 was worse and eventually down. R* likes to blame you for your connection problems and to a small extent they can be correct. But mostly it's them. To help your connection, you can look into changing your DNS settings on your PS4 (see 2nd post of this thread for details) and also your router (not covered because I haven't personally done anything with it) and there's plenty of info if you google it. Worse case scenario, you have to reset your router if you gently caress it up.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So how do these Crew Challenges work? I did the 4 you guys said I was allowed to do per "day" for 250k a pop, but when does that day timer roll over and let me take another stab at it? Need to build my cash for heistssss

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
24 hrs resets it. If you have a second character you can do it on them as well. Crew challenges open at a low rank - 5 maybe.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Nothing more heartbreaking than getting disconnected in the middle of running from the police with your drunk-christmas buddy :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Duke Chin posted:

Early xmas present yo! It's not my fault my parents love me more than yours do. :v:

I maintain you bought it for yourself and this whole "early present" thing is a fiction to try and keep your cred.

also if the livery Jester and Massacro are better than the originals, time to go buy some new cars I guess. I've got plenty of garage space!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

24 hrs resets it. If you have a second character you can do it on them as well. Crew challenges open at a low rank - 5 maybe.

We can. Transfer our second characters correct?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some of the deathmatch rounds are horrible. Stuck in a 20 minute round where one guy has got to the other side of a fence full of weapons and for the rest of the time we just have to punch the poo poo out of eachother inbetween getting mowed down by every weapon in the game.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

julian assflange posted:

Some of the deathmatch rounds are horrible. Stuck in a 20 minute round where one guy has got to the other side of a fence full of weapons and for the rest of the time we just have to punch the poo poo out of eachother inbetween getting mowed down by every weapon in the game.

That is a common troll lobby. They usually have either obvious names or obvious map layouts. When you see that the map is a bunch of bullshit crates stacked oddly leading to a fenced off area with a poo poo load of weapons you can assume it's bullshit.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

julian assflange posted:

Never ever join a non rockstar approved deathmatch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Speaking of Rockstar Approved jobs, what are ones that people here like? I adore "HOLY DRIFT MOUNTAIN" but I'd like to hear about other good ones.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Policenaut posted:

What Compact model are you currently using? Because I only have the Rhapsody right now.

Blista Compact. On paper it has identical stats to the Issi, but the Issi has real problems cornering at high speeds because it's rear end end has no weight on it and it swings out and loses traction far easier than the Blista.

I'm about to buy the Raphodsy to try it.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I think the $250K challenge bug has been fixed - all the ones in my list only payout 5k now :(

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Zip! posted:

I think the $250K challenge bug has been fixed - all the ones in my list only payout 5k now :(

Looks that way

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Cute as heck posted:

Nothing more heartbreaking than getting disconnected in the middle of running from the police with your drunk-christmas buddy :(

I wondered what happened to you.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zip! posted:

You can do a normal race solo and get 5k :rockstar:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Had to save this one for posterity. A random pub getting mad that I used a Buzzard on Los Santos Connection. Of all the things to get mad about...

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BitBasher posted:

Never ever join a non rockstar approved deathmatch.

Noted, was always just asking it for a random death match and assumed troll maps were invite only

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

Ugh, already?
I was going to get some PS+ today but eh, whatever. Not interested again.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

Psion posted:

Had to save this one for posterity. A random pub getting mad that I used a Buzzard on Los Santos Connection. Of all the things to get mad about...

Yesterday I had someone beat me to the helipad on this mission and he blew up my buzzard as he took off in his. So I called pegasus and got in my boat and relaxed in the ocean out of reach of the guys that spawn to shoot at you until the mission was over. I dunno why people get so butthurt over people using buzzards in that one.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

From another message, I guess he's mad that I "blew up the money packages" but the guy's like rank 400 and we're talking $2000 total. Also, I've successfully collected them after clearing the hangar with a Buzzard so who even knows.

Basically, buzzards own, this pub does not. Sorry I like flying, buddy.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Psion posted:

Why wouldn't you use a buzzard?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I've never done that mission without the assistance of the buzzard I have no idea what the poo poo this pubbie is going on about.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 21, 2014

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Shark cards at half price on Gamestop by the way if you're in to that sort of thing: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/dlc/grand-theft-auto-online-the-great-white-shark-cash-card/118490

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm not one of those "I HAVE TO BE AIR-DOMINANT RARGH!" types, but does it not strike anyone as odd that it is exactly 100,000% easier for anyone with a homing rocket to just get out of their car and one-shot your buzzard than it is for you to even get within spitting range of them to try and line up a shot that may maybe kill them or may miss them completely?

Again, not super angry about this or anything... just... I mean, checks and balances, right? BF4 has helicopters and rockets that can knock them out of the sky but also emergency flares (that run out and have a cool-down, etc...)

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
If flares were introduced to GTAO, it would just be one step closer to being Ace Combat, and I am fine with that, since there isn't an AC on ps4 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scyron posted:

If flares were introduced to GTAO, it would just be one step closer to being Ace Combat, and I am fine with that, since there isn't an AC on ps4 yet.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don;t think Buzzards should ruin everyone's day... but I'm basically a big hot target if I ever want to go weapons hot in free-roam. An easy, easy target.

• Locked thread