Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lancer makes diarmud look like such a chump, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What I'm looking forward to the most is Kirei eating Mapo Tofu.

(more seriously, Kirei vs True Assassin is also a good fight)

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Cake Attack posted:

Yeah, he does. And it's great.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

I was rereading End of a Hero in the VN today and yeah, you're right. As much as I love Zero Lancer, all he does is say gently caress you to Saber and everything else, Lancer just goes an extra mile with gently caress YOU and actually takes everything else down with him.

What I'm saying is that the guy goes down like a true hero. :irelandflagsingletear:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Compendium posted:

What I'm saying is that the guy goes down like a true hero. :irelandflagsingletear:
I mean of course he does. Cu Chulainn's legend is that he tied himself to a rock while he was dying so that he could die on his feet, and his enemies didn't even believe it until a raven landed on him. A big part of his legend is going down like a goddamn badass, it would be terrible if that wasn't reflected at all in Fate.

Seriously though Lancer and Fake Assassin are great characters that just get the shortest end of the stick no matter what route they're in.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Twiddy posted:

Seriously though Lancer and Fake Assassin are great characters that just get the shortest end of the stick no matter what route they're in.

There's a valid reason why "Being Lancer is suffering" has become such a large meme in the fanbase...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Twiddy posted:

I mean of course he does. Cu Chulainn's legend is that he tied himself to a rock while he was dying so that he could die on his feet, and his enemies didn't even believe it until a raven landed on him. A big part of his legend is going down like a goddamn badass, it would be terrible if that wasn't reflected at all in Fate.

You forgot the best part is that once they thought it was safe one solider approached his dead body and bam his sword arm comes down and cuts off the guy's head.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

This is my favorite F/Z gif edit, second only to Kiritsugu's dickbutt geass scroll.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

are the kara no kyoukai movies licensed? can't see them on bakabt

also are they licensed by a reasonable company, or is it like fate/zero?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

are the kara no kyoukai movies licensed? can't see them on bakabt

also are they licensed by a reasonable company, or is it like fate/zero?

As far as I remember, no. You can find subs of it easily through Google though.

VVV EDIT: or that

Compendium fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 19, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think it is indeed like Fate/Zero, i.e. through Aniplex but it was the Japanese release with English subs. For a while one had the privilege of spending something like $400 on a lovely upscaled Blu-ray set on righstuf.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 19, 2014

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

This is my favorite F/Z gif edit, second only to Kiritsugu's dickbutt geass scroll.

Don't keep me in suspense here. Post the gif

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MonsieurChoc posted:

What I'm looking forward to the most is Kirei eating Mapo Tofu.

This but unironically.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tonfa posted:

This but unironically.

Why do you think I was ironic?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you can preorder the english UBW blu-rays now

http://www.fatestaynightusa.com/bdbox/

20% off even!

that's right, for only $400 you can own all 13 episodes of the first half of UBW, lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair those are just an import of the JP Blu-Rays, but jesus. I imagine it'll be around the same price as the Fate/Zero ones when the dub finally drops, but that's still 150 bones for like the first half of UBW.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

quote:

Bonus Inserts: Exclusively written novel by Kinoko Nasu (illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi)

I wonder what this is.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Cake Attack posted:

20% off even!

that's right, for only $400 you can own all 13 episodes of the first half of UBW, lol

How do parents have this much money?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

20% off even!

So I wonder what got cut for the airing version

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shiro cooking scenes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
At the very least there will be a scene in episode 2 where Rin repairs the broken glass in Shirou's house.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So. It looks like the last episode of this cour will indeed end with that roof scene.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i lost track of time due to finals being over and it turns out it's saturday

time to watch some anime

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Aumanor posted:

So. It looks like the last episode of this cour will indeed end with that roof scene.

Hopefully with the 1 hour lenght we might get some bonus scenes with Kotomine and Caster.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Does anybody else find it kind of funny that episode 11 of UBW and episode 11 of Fate/Zero are so very similar?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Bholder posted:

Hopefully with the 1 hour lenght we might get some bonus scenes with Kotomine and Caster.

Seeing as you can hear Joji Nakata's dulcet tones in the preview, that seems highly likely.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Aumanor posted:

Yeah, that preview all but confirmed it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, that preview all but confirmed it.

Which scene was that again? It's been a while.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Soylentbits posted:

Which scene was that again? It's been a while.

This one. Where Rin effectively tells Shirou he's not a Master anymore and that he should give up trying to get Saber back.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that was a really good episode, drat

also someone needs to tell shirou that rin is supposed to be the tsundere!

e:

owns

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nthing about how this was a good episode despite all the talky talk. Taiga going "SHUT UP" was great and the scene between Rin and Shirou conversing in the evening was actually really nice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

20% off even!

Holy poo poo, I thought people were exaggerating about the 400 dollar blu-rays. What in the gently caress is wrong with the people who actually buy those and aren't millionaires? Do they think that a spirit version of Saber will visit them in their sleep and shake their hand if they spend enough money on F/SN products?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
They have parents who will buy them anything.

Kids: the gift that keeps on taking.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought people were exaggerating about the 400 dollar blu-rays. What in the gently caress is wrong with the people who actually buy those and aren't millionaires? Do they think that a spirit version of Saber will visit them in their sleep and shake their hand if they spend enough money on F/SN products?

for 400 dollars she better do more than shake my hand

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Otaku will buy anything related to their favorite series, regardless of price. They have more money than sense.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
On the one hand, the cost of the nice animation probably has to be compensated somehow.

On the other hand, loving 400 bucks....

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

:allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

U-DO Burger posted:

Don't keep me in suspense here. Post the gif

I can't find the gif anywhere (and never saved it). Here's a frame by frame of it, though. :obon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Compendium posted:

On the one hand, the cost of the nice animation probably has to be compensated somehow.

On the other hand, loving 400 bucks....

Haha, as if the animators are paid well for these.