Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Kinda sad though. It shows what a hosed up lifestyle these guys are living, etc.

Yeah i wanted to post about how that bobby smurda poo poo is mostly just sad :smith:

Edit: how did this extremely mediocre thug vs french montana debate start they have basically nothing in common

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pops Ghostly posted:

What's your point? Pac sampled Bruce Hornsby and loved Kate Bush. Doesn't mean he was soft. I could go on whosampled.com and find plenty of examples of hardcore street rappers sampling bubble gum pop. What matters is the lyrical content. French raps for the black underclass, the creators and originators of hip hop. Thugger is for lames like you who use outdated slang in an attempt to be witty and condescending. For the privileged white boys who just want to hear black ignorance, for the spoiled white girls who just hop on anything trendy and who will abandon the black version as soon as the white one comes out(Nicki>Iggy) People like you are the reason the rap game is so hosed up right now.

My point is that you're a clown and you're getting very sensitive about some puffed-up hypeman who can't rap.

Although tbh I have a feeling that this is an elaborate troll because not even French's momma is this deluded about him. You got me to fall for it though so kudos on that.

Also Pac is an art school kid who fell in love with his own hype and got shot by real street dudes over it. Dudes who aren't soft don't become backup dancers or wear golden gstrings in bubble baths.

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp

alansmithee posted:

My point is that you're a clown and you're getting very sensitive about some puffed-up hypeman who can't rap.

Although tbh I have a feeling that this is an elaborate troll because not even French's momma is this deluded about him. You got me to fall for it though so kudos on that.

Also Pac is an art school kid who fell in love with his own hype and got shot by real street dudes over it. Dudes who aren't soft don't become backup dancers or wear golden gstrings in bubble baths.

Pac was not soft. Standing on the corner dealing drugs and robbing people does not make you hard. Pac shot two white police officers, because he saw them assaulting a black man. That's the hardest and realest thing a rapper has ever done. You have very warped views about black men and masculinity, and you are the poison in the hip hop community. These rappers are trying to cater to people like you, who only want black men as savage thugs or effeminate non threatening jesters. I wish 90% of rap fans would find another culture to scavenge so we could get back to the basics, and separate the true artists who make music because of love for the culture, and the sellouts who are making music pop/edm/trap hybrids for lames like you. gently caress Young Thug#Pray4MaxWavyLife

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Pops Ghostly posted:

French makes music to feed the streets. He's not trying to appeal to internet nerds and hipsters. LOL look at the replies in this thread. If anyone would use this forum to hype themselves up it would be Young Trash, not a real nigga like French. #Haaan!FreeMaxB!StayWavy

ahahahaha

whoa whoa whoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siS4RiQWlXI

asap-salafi fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 20, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pops Ghostly posted:

Pac was not soft. Standing on the corner dealing drugs and robbing people does not make you hard. Pac shot two white police officers, because he saw them assaulting a black man. That's the hardest and realest thing a rapper has ever done. You have very warped views about black men and masculinity, and you are the poison in the hip hop community. These rappers are trying to cater to people like you, who only want black men as savage thugs or effeminate non threatening jesters. I wish 90% of rap fans would find another culture to scavenge so we could get back to the basics, and separate the true artists who make music because of love for the culture, and the sellouts who are making music pop/edm/trap hybrids for lames like you. gently caress Young Thug#Pray4MaxWavyLife

Isn't alansmithee black?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Alan let Pac down.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Isn't alansmithee black?

I'm a shy japanese youth.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689004&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post439220848

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Stop being trolled by "Papa Ghostly" thank you

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Haaaaaaaaaaan!

alansmithee posted:

I actually did what you suggested (threw on rich gang instead of what I'd normally listen to going out) and no joke, I enjoyed it a lot more than I remembered. Gonna have to give it some more run.

Good stuff. And yeah I usually don't think "listen to this a few times" should be a requirement for making a judgement on something but yeah it really gets better with repeated listens.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

id just like to reiterate that run the jewels is fantastic live. kind of bummed out they dont do jeopardy though

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

#Haaan!FreeMaxB!StayWavy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Budget Prefuse posted:

id just like to reiterate that run the jewels is fantastic live. kind of bummed out they dont do jeopardy though
RTJ is supposed to be playing a festival here in March. Are they good enough to justify paying like $80 for a single day ticket just to see them? Because they're one of only like 2 or 3 acts I actually want to see out of that whole lineup.

Bobby Shmurda was on that lineup too but I don't know if he'll even be playing anymore since the lineup came out like a day or 2 before his arrest lmao

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

RTJ is supposed to be playing a festival here in March. Are they good enough to justify paying like $80 for a single day ticket just to see them? Because they're one of only like 2 or 3 acts I actually want to see out of that whole lineup.

Bobby Shmurda was on that lineup too but I don't know if he'll even be playing anymore since the lineup came out like a day or 2 before his arrest lmao
they're pretty amazing but i dunno man. if there's like two other acts that day you'd want to see i'd do it but i dont know if just a 1 hour set is worth that much.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Stan French Montana and call Young Thug trash brehs

are you loving retarded lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

No. Just catch them on the RTJ3 tour.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Nah festival shows suck anyway not worth 80, great as they are

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp

That's a true story. I got so much pain in my life, but people underestimate me and think I'm some happy go lucky clown. French is the same way. He has been through so much, and people don't even know his story. If the industry were in a different place, the mainstream would hear his mixtape work, instead of his studio album, and join the movement. #FrenchXFraudXMax4Eva

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
#CutThisShitOutItIsDumb

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sure glad you registered today to promote french montana

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp
Are you guys looking forward to anything dropping this Christmas? I know Chinx Drugz is dropping Cocaine Riot 5. I think Gucci is dropping something, and a few others. It would be great if a major artist dropped a surprise mix tape or something. I got a feeling Gambino may be cooking something up. #CR5ChristmasDay

Squirtle
Oct 14, 2008

Here comes the Squirtle Squad!
Just copped a ticket to Ghostface for a week from now, which is dope. That'll bring this year to Eminem, Action Bronson, J Cole, Schoolboy Q, Chali 2na and Ghostface. Wondering what he plays atm though, anyone seen a recent GFK set?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

thathonkey posted:

Yeah i wanted to post about how that bobby smurda poo poo is mostly just sad :smith:

Edit: how did this extremely mediocre thug vs french montana debate start they have basically nothing in common

Keep in mind too, this task force had been going since January of last year. So this was before he even had the single. He was doomed from the start. Ugh.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

alansmithee posted:

Yeah bro da streetz was clamoring for that real, hardcore, lana del rey poo poo! You know, that real, uncut rawness. Now when he gonna dose us with some straight up gangsta Ariel Pink? Or how about some thugged out Grouper? Nothing but the realness, G

yung group'

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Pops Ghostly posted:

Are you guys looking forward to anything dropping this Christmas? I know Chinx Drugz is dropping Cocaine Riot 5. I think Gucci is dropping something, and a few others. It would be great if a major artist dropped a surprise mix tape or something. I got a feeling Gambino may be cooking something up. #CR5ChristmasDay

Lol shut the gently caress up dude

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope the only thing gambino drops this Christmas is dead.

Gonna listen to the new French tape for the Harry Fraud production.

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hope the only thing gambino drops this Christmas is dead.

Gonna listen to the new French tape for the Harry Fraud production.

Why do people hate Gambino so much? He has dope production, can legit sing unlike Drake, and is the future of hip hop imo. We need more guys like Gambino, and less ATL one hit wonders.

Good News,

https://twitter.com/yeaateetee/status/546492676322103297

Can you imagine Max back in the studio with Harry Fraud and the Coke Boys. poo poo brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. #MiraclesDoHappen

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
These threads always get weirder and weirder with age

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

are you loving retarded lmao

Idgi

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
People who like Gambino but hate Drake confuse the hell out of me. There is virtually no difference between Gambino and Drake aside from that "artsy indie" image Donald puts on

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Pops Ghostly posted:

That's a true story. I got so much pain in my life, but people underestimate me and think I'm some happy go lucky clown. French is the same way. He has been through so much, and people don't even know his story. If the industry were in a different place, the mainstream would hear his mixtape work, instead of his studio album, and join the movement. #FrenchXFraudXMax4Eva

real talk tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GhJRTRfZz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3DPFBOImM

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp

HorseRenoir posted:

People who like Gambino but hate Drake confuse the hell out of me. There is virtually no difference between Gambino and Drake aside from that "artsy indie" image Donald puts on

I like both. I just feel like CG is better, but doesn't get the same support because Drake is light skinned and avoids racial issues. CG should be where Drake is imo.

Squirtle
Oct 14, 2008

Here comes the Squirtle Squad!

HorseRenoir posted:

Drake can flow better, label support and the resulting better collabs, Bino has self esteem/confidence issues (in a different way), Drake is a much bigger part of the lane they're in, Bino just jumped into it, people only know Drake as a rapper whereas Donglover is the personification of jack of all trades master of none

idk I see the similarities but there are a lot of differences, and they all favour Drake

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pops Ghostly posted:

#MiraclesDoHappen

Shut up

HorseRenoir posted:

This is so wrong, I don't think they sound anything alike. CG's lyrics are awful compared to Drake (or anyone really).

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

he hates thugger really embarrassingly bad but i never thought hed stoop so low as to back french montana over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnLjgN6E2VU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOj-vXLUe_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyGxJlmKLA

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Childish Gambino is a black macklemore

Or uh

wait

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm behind but 36 Seasons is actually a really solid album. Hopefully it doesn't grow off me like 12 Reasons to Die did.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

40 lbs to freedom posted:

he hates thugger really embarrassingly bad but i never thought hed stoop so low as to back french montana over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnLjgN6E2VU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOj-vXLUe_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyGxJlmKLA

I don't hate Thugger. As far as feature rappers go, he's good - even if I have to open up rapgenius to understand what he's saying. I wouldn't ever bother with any of his solo stuff. I guess the tracks you posted where he just rides on RHQ are suppose to prove your point?

Lol if you really believe Young Thug is a better artist than French Montana tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
[listening to Coke Boys 3]: this guy f*cking sucks compared to Young Thug...