Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I played some far cry 4 with my brother.
We found some bugs: http://youtu.be/0E1HUtpSmZk?t=23m11s
It's kinda bad quality.

Also another bug we didn't get on tape was when I talked to a trader and my screen turned black except for the UI, the trading menu never opened.
Couldn't open the menu or the map or anything, I tried aiming based on where I was looking at via the minimap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Jamfrost posted:

I knocked him out on the ground in a way where the animation finished partially over that ledge.

Spider-Thug
Spider-Thug
Swat him down
And he becomes a bug

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

oh no shale :ohdear:

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

For whatever reason I fired up Skyrim last night on the 360 and started a new game. After the logo fade, instead of enjoying a nice carriage ride to Helgen everyone was just stood in place outside of it. The guards were still on horseback but standing still. Myself, Ralof, Jarl Ulfric, and the horse thief were just standing there. I could move freely but couldn't do anything because my hands were still tied. And this being Skyrim, everyone had their eyes locked on me the entire time and followed me as I moved like one of those creepy paintings. No one talked, no one moved, they all just kind of stood there. I felt like I was backstage before a play or something and everyone was just waiting for the cue to go on.

I did want to play a Bethesda game, I guess.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

Vomax posted:

Wasn't there a bug in Ahn'Qiraj

lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vomax posted:

Ahn'Qiraj

Was one of the developers from Alaska by chance?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Techno Remix posted:

For whatever reason I fired up Skyrim last night on the 360 and started a new game. After the logo fade, instead of enjoying a nice carriage ride to Helgen everyone was just stood in place outside of it. The guards were still on horseback but standing still. Myself, Ralof, Jarl Ulfric, and the horse thief were just standing there. I could move freely but couldn't do anything because my hands were still tied. And this being Skyrim, everyone had their eyes locked on me the entire time and followed me as I moved like one of those creepy paintings. No one talked, no one moved, they all just kind of stood there. I felt like I was backstage before a play or something and everyone was just waiting for the cue to go on.

You just know that one of these bugs (this or the one where the carriage just rockets into the aether never to return) has happened to some player somewhere, the first time they ever turned on the game, having never played any other bethesda games before.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You just know that one of these bugs (this or the one where the carriage just rockets into the aether never to return) has happened to some player somewhere, the first time they ever turned on the game, having never played any other bethesda games before.

I always figured their reputation for bugginess kind of preceded them at this point, after stuff like Oblivion and the Fallout games.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

That happened at one point too in a separate game. Hearing the characters talk so casually while breaking the sound barrier was awesome.

I bought New Vegas on release day having only limited play with FO3 way after its release. It was such a buggy mess I was going to return it but I got too lazy. Thankfully they patched it up because it turned out fantastic. But I think we should all know by now to never buy Bethesda on release day.

E: What Kimmalah said.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Techno Remix posted:

But I think we should all know by now to never buy Bethesda

Seems more accurate.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Flesnolk posted:

Seems more accurate.

Some of us like absurd bugs and emergent behavior, thank you very much.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Bethesda bugs are worth the price of the game alone.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Crossposting from the AssCreed thread:
I guess now's as good a time as any to share my small collection of Rogue glitches. Apologies for pictures of a television screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXwB1BBnwk4

Shay's slightly disapproving thousand yard stare makes this for me.

Playing through Black Flag again when I board a Hunter ship from an awkward angle. I notice as I'm fighting them that both they and the ship are slipping away from under me. Eventually I'm pushed overboard, floundering in the water, and helplessly watching the Jackdaw sail slowly away, all the while towing the Hunters behind it. The Jackdaw then sails through an islet, beaching the passenger ship at an angle and dumping her crew. I swim closer and I'm teleported to the takeover screen, still askew.

Ubi what

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Techno Remix posted:

Yeah the intro is notoriously buggy.

Two of my favourite ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QUFfYA0wA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Il4VAYYTk0

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

(Fallout New Vegas) This dude is supposed to be keeping watch over the injured guy.

He's not very good at it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lobok posted:

Was one of the developers from Alaska by chance?

Haha, in Chaos in Andromeda (90s game by Danish devs) they had names like Sol'Gryn (an oat meal brand) and I think there was a general PaaskeBajer (easter beer).

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Techno Remix posted:

When the dragon attack started, and I was running away, I got caught in an explosion and died, had the ragdoll and everything. Then I got up and continued like nothing happened :confused:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't know where we're going...BUT SOVNGARDE AWAITS *blastoff*

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Aristophanes posted:

When the dragon attack started, and I was running away, I got caught in an explosion and died, had the ragdoll and everything. Then I got up and continued like nothing happened :confused:
It's been a long time since I played Skyrim, but I'm pretty sure you can get ragdolled without getting killed, and the game cuts to third-person because staying in first person would likely cause motion sickness (or clip the camera through the floor).

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Thank you, I've been trying to find this video again for ages. The way everyone keeps calmly talking as the cart blasts off into space--I guess that's just life as usual when you live inside a Bethesda game.

The Kins posted:

It's been a long time since I played Skyrim, but I'm pretty sure you can get ragdolled without getting killed, and the game cuts to third-person because staying in first person would likely cause motion sickness (or clip the camera through the floor).

Yep, happens all the time when you're the target of a FUS RO DAH.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The Kins posted:

Yup. Also iirc you are immortal during helgen so even standing in front of the dragon doesn't kill you

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Ratspeaker posted:

Yep, happens all the time when you're the target of a FUS RO DAH.

There's a mod that lets you stay in first person for things like that and it's the most disorienting thing.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Fathis Munk posted:

Yup. Also iirc you are immortal during helgen so even standing in front of the dragon doesn't kill you

Unless you're marked essential somehow and do the "down on one knee" animation I don't know about that, because you lose health if you just stand there and let him blast you. Granted, probably less than you should lose up against Alduin.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

Unless you're marked essential somehow and do the "down on one knee" animation I don't know about that, because you lose health if you just stand there and let him blast you. Granted, probably less than you should lose up against Alduin.

If you gently caress around long enough after Alduin attacks, he will murder your rear end. You will get ragdolled by his Fus Ro Dah and your bindings will be loosed temporarily, but you will dutifully put them back on when you finally stand up. I don't think I've ever died to his fireball before but there is enough room for him to land in front of the barracks and he will grab you and throw your corpse around.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah you can totally die in Helgen if you wait long enough. It's really hard to do it accidentally though.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Irradiation posted:

Bethesda bugs are worth the price of the game alone.

I feel like sometimes I'm in an alternate reality, because I've never had Gameplay Screwing Up bugs in any Bethesda game. Sure, I've had crashes, but the actual gameplay has always been consistently playable. If anything, the game tends to get more unstable with mods for me.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
I got myself Hack 'n' Slash from the Steam sale, and its entire gimmick is based around glitching things out by editing object variables and such. You start off just being able to change basic properties, like for a gate you can change its state to closed or open. Eventually you get the ability to change the game's LUA scripts, presented as a kind of flowchart puzzle thing, which if you're like me means you introduce fatal errors. Do that, and the game gives you the actual error message and dumps you back to the last good state. And then you get bombs that can change the scripts behind nearly any object in the game. I'm still trying to figure out the damage I can do with that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Daktar posted:

I got myself Hack 'n' Slash from the Steam sale, and its entire gimmick is based around glitching things out by editing object variables and such. You start off just being able to change basic properties, like for a gate you can change its state to closed or open. Eventually you get the ability to change the game's LUA scripts, presented as a kind of flowchart puzzle thing, which if you're like me means you introduce fatal errors. Do that, and the game gives you the actual error message and dumps you back to the last good state. And then you get bombs that can change the scripts behind nearly any object in the game. I'm still trying to figure out the damage I can do with that.

wait, that's what that game is about? Wish I'd bought it now...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RatHat posted:

Yeah you can totally die in Helgen if you wait long enough. It's really hard to do it accidentally though.

Huh I think I once tried to just stand in Alduin's firebreath when he breaks through the tower. As far as I can remember it told me I was taking damage but I never died.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Cleretic posted:

It looks pretty great.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

I feel like sometimes I'm in an alternate reality, because I've never had Gameplay Screwing Up bugs in any Bethesda game. Sure, I've had crashes, but the actual gameplay has always been consistently playable. If anything, the game tends to get more unstable with mods for me.

I don't think I've ever gotten any bugs that made the game unplayable, mostly just crashes and "huh that's kind of weird." The closest I've gotten are bugs that make certain quests impossible to complete and those are fairly rare.

Personally I like it when weird unpredictable poo poo happens in my games like that, so I don't mind as long as it doesn't completely break the game.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Cleretic posted:

Looks like you can still get it for $8 as a basic sale. If they had it as a flash/daily for cheaper, it'll definitely pop up for that price again by the end of the sale. This is going right on my list of super-cool-looking indie games that I stick in my inventory and then never play :allears:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ratspeaker posted:

Looks like you can still get it for $8 as a basic sale. If they had it as a flash/daily for cheaper, it'll definitely pop up for that price again by the end of the sale. This is going right on my list of super-cool-looking indie games that I stick in my inventory and then never play :allears:
It was a community vote.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Cleretic posted:

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would, but then again my day job is to debug other people's code so it wasn't a fun game to play on my precious little free time.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Daktar posted:

I decided to get it, too, and just played for like 30 minutes. Actually, It's pretty boring so far.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Turns out Red Lyrium is even worse than we thought...

:stare: Oh Maker.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My god, Red Lyrium is brain tonic.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

God the first one. I will never not buy a Bethesda game so long as things like this still have possibility of happening.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
It's beyond me how those bugs at the beginning of Skyrim are both so common and so varied. I mean... at that point in the game there are literally zero variables unaccounted for.

It would be one thing if all those bugs happened after you'd had a chance to mess around for a while, but that scene is the absolute very first thing that happens after you click "New Game -> OK."

GreatGreen has a new favorite as of 08:03 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
well it does have to load the Creation engine, so