Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Finndo posted:

Dad died. Your traitorbaby has hair that will be a permanent reminder of your secret shame. Come home soon sis!

I have to admit laughing pretty hard when I saw that baby.
Also, I don't know if somebody mentioned it, but the actor playing her dad really died.
So, no surprise that they wrote him out of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

mrfart posted:

Also, I don't know if somebody mentioned it, but the actor playing her dad really died.

it's been mentioned in this thread and people were surprised they didn't talk about it in the show until last night's eps

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

mrfart posted:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thats riiiiight

:smith:

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

mrfart posted:

I thought you were talking about the baby's dad and thought Damian Lewis had died. But yep, I remember the headlines about Carrie's dad now.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Finndo posted:

Dad died. Your traitorbaby has hair that will be a permanent reminder of your secret shame. Come home soon sis!

It's not even just the hair. Her face is literally Brody's but shrunken down to baby size.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
What the gently caress is waffle guy doing with Haqqani?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

Typical back door CIA black ops shenanigans. Probably orchestrated the whole thing to get political rear end in a top hat guy out and himself in. Who knows.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dirk Pitt posted:

He's there representing Alex Sosa; Haqqani will probably hang him from a helicopter.

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game
Wouldn't this indicate Dar Adal has been the mole the entire time, or was he just being opportunistic in the moment? Hopefully they don't spill the entire plot for a big finale and develop it a bit next season. Couldn't he have been the one that moved Brody's car?

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Haqqani is a CIA agent. The ultimate twist.

lightishred
Aug 11, 2010

BunLengthHotDog posted:

Wouldn't this indicate Dar Adal has been the mole the entire time, or was he just being opportunistic in the moment? Hopefully they don't spill the entire plot for a big finale and develop it a bit next season. Couldn't he have been the one that moved Brody's car?

I think his presence was, more likely, because of the meetings that happened in Washington that Lockhart hadn't been a part of. In the opening clip, he said that placing your employee's lives above the success of the mission was a sentimental idea; perhaps he is upset that Haqqani was spared to save Saul and, like Peter, is doing his own thing to keep America safe :911:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Bless this thread because I Could not figure out who the gently caress that was in the car. Saul's Spooky friend at the CIA must be up to some crazy poo poo.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
So let me get this right - Quinn was perfectly chillax with exploding dozens of innocent medical students and whatnot to get this guy?

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

So let me get this right - Quinn was perfectly chillax with exploding dozens of innocent medical students and whatnot to get this guy?

He's just thinking it's a good thing they'll have plenty of doctors on-hand when it goes off.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Maybe the baby is literally retarded cause his mother was drinking and drugging during pregnancy. Good casting imo

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Yeah between Quinn's "To defeat terrorist you must become terrorist" awesome plan, and Carrie's "I'm standing in the middle of a huge horde of pro-Haqqani fanatics, what could possibly go wrong if I put a bullet in Haqqani?" awesome idea, I'm gonna propose that this episode wasn't exactly a high point of the series.

Not even a mutant baby could redeem it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Carrie had no expectation of surviving after she shoots Haqqani, you even get the short Ayan montage which goes to show that she's willing to throw her life away to avenge him, of course it's a stark contrast between that and her conversation with Quinn seconds earlier but that's not at all out of character for Carrie, I was more annoyed with the fact that it was an obvious fakeout and at how Mr. Good-ISI Guy was somehow able to home in on her in the crowd with such ease.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

As people have postulated earlier in the thread, it's possible Saul is going to be made CIA chief again. Those cutscenes for the season finale sure look like him meeting with top brass in a government building of some kind.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Carrie had no expectation of surviving after she shoots Haqqani, you even get the short Ayan montage which goes to show that she's willing to throw her life away to avenge him, of course it's a stark contrast between that and her conversation with Quinn seconds earlier but that's not at all out of character for Carrie, I was more annoyed with the fact that it was an obvious fakeout and at how Mr. Good-ISI Guy was somehow able to home in on her in the crowd with such ease.

I marathoned most of the show and when binged, things line up ok. I didn't find season three in back to back stretches that miserable. Carrie begging Quinn not to blow up haqqani only to pull a gun and attempt it herself was pretty bad.

Also, I think cool isi guy saw her when she stood on the truck and took off her head cover. She doesn't exactly blend in.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I was more annoyed with the fact ... at how Mr. Good-ISI Guy was somehow able to home in on her in the crowd with such ease.

Why would it be hard to spot a blonde lady in the middle of like 30 non-blonde people?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

She's a pale blonde lady, finding her in a crowd in Pakistan doesn't seem that hard.

I really really really wanted Quinn to explode Carrie

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Hand of the King posted:

A twist worthy of Sons of Anarchy!

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
Meanwhile, the real Pakistan is trying to out-Homeland Homeland.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Yeah there is some real shot happening right now. I bet were going to see it in the next season or rip it from the headlines Law and Order: SVU style.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So I forgot about this thread. I really like this season but I'm disappointed that it didn't become a CIA procedural. I mean there's barely any reference to the first three seasons, for the best tho imo. This season is the best since S1.

Now I just have to wonder why the gently caress Washington is working with the Taliban again

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hand of the King posted:

It didn't work in the departed and it won't work here. Hopefully this season has a better ending than that movie.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I liked how they knew there was an assassin trying to kill Haqqani and he still gets up out of the vehicle. Good thing Quinn didn't have a rifle with him...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ShortThug posted:

I liked how they knew there was an assassin trying to kill Haqqani and he still gets up out of the vehicle. Good thing Quinn didn't have a rifle with him...

Yeah Quinn went through all the trouble of setting up that bomb and was willing to kill a lot of innocents when he could've just shot him....very strange.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Didn't good-guy Pakistani say they would "move" Haqqani when things settled down? It seemed like they moved him at the peak of the riot. This episode is full of holes.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Mu Zeta posted:

Haqqani's facial hair looks ridiculously fake.
His whole face looks really fake. Waiting till the reveal that he is Damian Lewis in prosthetics.

MetalFace
Jul 27, 2005
Join Us In Creating Excellence

Arm_Fruit posted:

Didn't good-guy Pakistani say they would "move" Haqqani when things settled down? It seemed like they moved him at the peak of the riot. This episode is full of holes.

They moved him when the Haqqani supporters had driven away the protestors.

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.

CODChimera posted:

Yeah Quinn went through all the trouble of setting up that bomb and was willing to kill a lot of innocents when he could've just shot him....very strange.

To be fair, it makes sense for Quinn's character not to expect "big" caliph Haqqani to go all double peace signs Nixon-style out the sunroof. I'm not saying anything else about this show or episode makes any sense whatsoever, but there it is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wasn't the point also for it to look like a rogue protestor's doing as opposed to something like an expert marksman's shot from long range?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

sportsgenius86 posted:

an expert marksman's shot from long range?

With a pistol.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

redreader posted:

With a pistol.

*HEADSHOT*

lightishred
Aug 11, 2010
What a disappointing finale. The Dar Adal drama was wrapped up in the most boring way possible and Carrie's new poo poo is everything I hate about this show.
I'm not excited about the next season :smith:

Also, I guess I wasn't paying attention, but what was the video of Saul and Haqqani? All I can think of is the dinner when Saul was a hostage

lightishred fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 21, 2014

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Soooo, are they going to kill off Quinn? Is Carrie going on another rampage to save her kind of boyfriend again?

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
Jesus christ, the finale was boring as gently caress. It was like the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4 with the hour long of nothing happening and the "BIG TWIST" . Also the big twist was delivered badly.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So uhhhhh.....what exactly am I supposed to be looking forward to next season after that finale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stikkum
May 30, 2011
Carrie's kid is loving creepy.

• Locked thread