Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brilladelphia
Jun 26, 2012

Bernie Ecclestone posted:

This is the view from my house in Gstaad in summer. I have had the house for 25 years. I like looking out the window over the hills and in winter it all gets covered with snow.
_____/
:spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enilev
Jun 11, 2001

Domesticated

Wirth1000 posted:

A bunch of F1 people took a bunch of pictures where you can buy them now or something for charity.

Take a peek http://zoom-auction.com/gallery.htm

Click the name rather than Next Photographer cause otherwise it'll take you the 2012 gallery.

Jean-Eric Vergne, confirmed furry?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Enilev posted:

Actually if he identifies as Simba in particular he might be fictionkin.

edit: I'm aware that knowing this means I have spent too long staring into the tumblr abyss

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Mimetic posted:

Actually if he identifies as Simba in particular he might be fictionkin.

edit: I'm aware that knowing this means I have spent too long staring into the tumblr abyss

I'm a backmarkerkin that shares a headspace with a Minardi and an Arrows. Please do not shame these teams, it's very triggering.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

George Zimmer posted:

I'm a backmarkerkin that shares a headspace with a Minardi and an Arrows. Please do not shame these teams, it's very triggering.

My pronouns are Senna/Sennas/Sennaself

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Enilev posted:

Cool.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Enilev posted:

Well he does only drive for teams with animal mascots.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Butt Wizard posted:

Agreed. An F1 without Bernie is a series with a 'sprint' and 'feature' race format, a 16 car grid, Red Bull marketed and regulated Xtreme-fest which happens entirely within a temporary track inside a football stadium.

I hope the fucker is immortal.

can't wait for post-bernie f1 with inverted grids so i can free up my sunday mornings

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Mimetic posted:

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mimetic posted:

My pronouns are Senna/Sennii/Sennaself

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

be nice wicka posted:

can't wait for post-bernie f1 with inverted grids so i can free up my sunday mornings

At least that might mean we don't have to sit through qualifying any more

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

George Zimmer posted:

I'm a backmarkerkin that shares a headspace with a Minardi.

I think Vergne was sharing his headspace with a JCB actually.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

RALF posted:

My pronouns are Senna/Sennii/Sennaself

Don't pronoun suffix shame.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Somebody else has translated part 2 of that Alonso documentary, link is below with part 1 as well for those that haven't seen it.

Part 1
Part 2

They've been uploaded to DailyMotion so I can't embed here sorry.

aequalis fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 21, 2014

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Mimetic posted:

My pronouns are DJ/SQUIRE/DJSQUIRE

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mimetic posted:

The fact this is well known enough to be funny to a majority shows how desperately hosed up the internet has become.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

only just caught up on thread but jesus this is awesome. how casually he just says that if you leave the carousel early you would launch straight into the fence :stare:

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

aequalis posted:

Somebody else has translated part 2 of that Alonso documentary, link is below with part 1 as well for those that haven't seen it.

Part 1
Part 2

Highlights of part 2: crying mechanics, loldonado cameos, King Carlos II and some beans, Don Ron, another tattoo revealed as well as a deformed pectoral, RickyD cameo, the Hamilton clan and a monster gold chain, Nicole Scherz stroking some Nando beard

Feels.jpg

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Dubs posted:

My pronouns are DJ/SQUIRE/DJSQUIRE
IT'S JUST SQUIRE

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

aequalis posted:

Part 1
Part 2

The bald journalist at the beginning who's apparently Alonso's best journo bud at grands prix cracks me up. He's setting this thing up like they're about to show a documentary on some massive event with vast consequences to the free world or something of that sort. Tone it down, buddy.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Why didn't German TV do a 2 hour show on Super Seb leaving Fizzy Drink? He's literally twice the man Alonso is, there are numbers that prove that. It should actually be a 4 hour show.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
That would have required Germans to have emotions.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Why didn't German TV do a 2 hour show on Super Seb leaving Fizzy Drink? He's literally twice the man Alonso is, there are numbers that prove that. It should actually be a 4 hour show.

They did. But it's a 2 year special, so it's still showing. He's literally that much better than that furry-faced Mexican he's replacing.

Brainwrong fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 21, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Brainwrong posted:

They did. But it's a 2 year special, so it's still showing. He's literally that much better than that furry-faced Mexican he's replacing.

I used to love your posts. I don't know whats happened to you mate, but of late you really are the worst.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I used to love your posts. I don't know whats happened to you mate, but of late you really are the worst.

The off season claims its first sanity...

Vettel in the Ferrari shots looks weird. He ain't no Schumacher he doesn't cheat enough.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The fact is, the passing of BobbyK has had a dramatic effect on all of us. Some just haven't been able to go on with their life as well as others.

Let's keep him in our thoughts
#KeepFightingBrainwrong
#ForzaBobbyK

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

A bunch of F1 people took a bunch of pictures where you can buy them now or something for charity.

Take a peek http://zoom-auction.com/gallery.htm

Click the name rather than Next Photographer cause otherwise it'll take you the 2012 gallery.

I want that James Hunt in a miller lite hat real hard. :allears:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The real Hunt was more appealing than Thor who played him in the movie.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

The real Hunt was more appealing than Thor who played him in the movie.

But what about the real Lauda?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The real Lauda is exactly like movie Lauda.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

But what about the real Lauda?

He's an rear end in a top hat!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

He's an rear end in a top hat!

Don't speak ill of Are Lauda

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
We can all agree that the movie Suzy Hunt is better than the actual one.

Olivia :swoon:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The real Lauda is exactly like movie Lauda.

That movie made me like Lauda a lot.

"Tell the priest to gently caress off, I'm still alive"

Daniel Brühl is a fantastic actor, and just flat out nailed Lauda.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lauda lost the 1976 World Championship due to conspiracy against Ferrari.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The weather in Japan was a conspiracy against Ferrari.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The Italians are in a conspiracy against Ferrari

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It was McLaren, McLaren did it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Lauda lost 76 because Ferrari did not employ enough Italians in the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I know this is over a year old (still has Perez in it) but I unironically loved Tooned and had never seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hdsBxVbvmw

Whoever commissioned those was a genius and certainly not Ron Dennis.

• Locked thread