Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

Hah, wow I thought that was an exaggeration until I saw the ad. Maybe it's someone's idea of a prank like they did that one time years ago where they played a single episode of some annoying show all day for April Fools?

Ahahaha really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

Ahahaha really?

Screwy Squirrel, star of a single Warner short.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jack Gladney posted:

Screwy Squirrel, star of a single Warner short.

A really bad and unfunny Warner short.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Parts Kit posted:

Hah, wow I thought that was an exaggeration until I saw the ad. Maybe it's someone's idea of a prank like they did that one time years ago where they played a single episode of some annoying show all day for April Fools?

I was trying to find a video or story, but not even the internet or :gonk: Johnny Test Wiki :gonk: wants to admit that Johnny Testmus is going to happen. I really want to have ratings or viewer charts to just drop down to nothing for CN's Christmas day Broadcasting. As well meaning as it would be, I just want to see numbers drop dead on a graph.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

You know what show I used to like but have kinda soured on as it went on? Adventure Time.

It was a pretty funny show when it started and I loved how it had tons of innuendo for a kids show. But I started getting irritated once they started going overboard with the dumb messageboards/internet references. Sure, making a few jokes here and there regarding internet humor is one thing, but it seems like the writers write them with the mindset of "hey, look! We're making JOKES ABOUT THE INTERNET! Bet all you people who post about things online are gonna talk about a lot and how it's so cool and hip that we're so self-referential eh? EH?"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

Why in god's name did CN choose Christmas of all times to bring back Johnny Test? Or choose to make the entire 25th nothing but the worst modern cartoon from Canada?

In America, Christmas day is more or less a ratings black hole which is why most TV shows stop airing new episodes from the middle of December until after New Years. The Christmas Day marathon is probably the cheapest and most unceremonious way of dumping a bunch of new episodes out without interfering with their programming.

Mr Interweb posted:

You know what show I used to like but have kinda soured on as it went on? Adventure Time.

It was a pretty funny show when it started and I loved how it had tons of innuendo for a kids show. But I started getting irritated once they started going overboard with the dumb messageboards/internet references. Sure, making a few jokes here and there regarding internet humor is one thing, but it seems like the writers write them with the mindset of "hey, look! We're making JOKES ABOUT THE INTERNET! Bet all you people who post about things online are gonna talk about a lot and how it's so cool and hip that we're so self-referential eh? EH?"

I agree but the thing is that it totally worked and the people that are still fans are super mega defensive about it, almost on par with :ranbowdash:, so it's a hill that you will die on if you bring it up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Adventure Time has been kind of mixed as of late but the latest batch of episodes was pretty fantastic.Like they went way for awhile and then they had a week of new episodes and they were all pretty much fantastic. The one where Jake was a brick was particularly amazing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think they were stuck on episodes dealing with Finn's puberty and Jake grappling with adulthood for a while.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

For me it's the continuity that's soured me on it mostly. Like worldbuilding is cool and all, but pretty much all the worldbuilding in Adventure Time is kind of lame and boring. That, and it seems to take itself too seriously too often for a show centered around talking animals and a kingdom of food creatures.

axleblaze posted:

Adventure Time has been kind of mixed as of late but the latest batch of episodes was pretty fantastic.Like they went way for awhile and then they had a week of new episodes and they were all pretty much fantastic. The one where Jake was a brick was particularly amazing.

Yeah, that crop of episodes during the week of Thanksgiving were all solid.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bailed clean out of the AT thread when they started talking about rape themes in some episode. Get it together AT thread

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Acquire Currency! posted:

I bailed clean out of the AT thread when they started talking about rape themes in some episode. Get it together AT thread

It's at least been slightly better since Sithsaber was banned.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

axleblaze posted:

ALL my cartoon threads have been better since he was banned. Which means I might follow too many cartoon threads.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

Funnily enough it wasn't Sithsaber that made the huge effort post about rape

El Tortuga posted:

ALL my cartoon threads have been better since he was banned. Which means I might follow too many cartoon threads.

Lol did you ever read his CC thread he got probated for

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What's all this crap about Korra liking girls or something, people in other threads are saying that that happened on a Nickelodeon kids show and I don't believe them, but I don't really want to watch the episode because seasons one and two blew.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Acne Rain posted:

What's all this crap about Korra liking girls or something, people in other threads are saying that that happened on a Nickelodeon kids show and I don't believe them, but I don't really want to watch the episode because seasons one and two blew.

Here's the final scene if you got a minute, skip to 2:00 if the url messes up.
http://youtu.be/_hT7fD90mlw?t=1m59s

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Acne Rain posted:

Season 2 Blew, undoubtedly.

The next two seasons really made up for the crappy season 2 (With the exception of the Avatar Wan stuff. That stuff was awesome.)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

Here's the final scene if you got a minute, skip to 2:00 if the url messes up.
http://youtu.be/_hT7fD90mlw?t=1m59s

Oh hey it was nothing

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

PicklePants posted:

Season 2 Blew, undoubtedly.

The next two seasons really made up for the crappy season 2 (With the exception of the Avatar Wan stuff. That stuff was awesome.)

They lost me with season 2, but I'm excited to hear that the show gets good again. Now I want to marathon the whole thing. I'm sure season 2 won't be so bad when I'm not waiting a week between episodes.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Season 2 was worth it for me because Ultraman

(and Wan)

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Oh hey it was nothing

This isn't Clarence. That's as far as you can get with Nick and they know they aren't doing more.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rudoku posted:

This isn't Clarence. That's as far as you can get with Nick and they know they aren't doing more.

Hey Belton your mom is foxy

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Crabtree posted:

I was trying to find a video or story, but not even the internet or :gonk: Johnny Test Wiki :gonk: wants to admit that Johnny Testmus is going to happen. I really want to have ratings or viewer charts to just drop down to nothing for CN's Christmas day Broadcasting. As well meaning as it would be, I just want to see numbers drop dead on a graph.
I have bad news (or good news) for you, the airing is indeed happening, I saw an ad for it during the Regular Show Christmas special.

Luckily, the Science Channel is airing what has to be the biggest loving Mythbusters marathon ever, airing 220 Mythbusters episodes from December 24 to January 2. So if you feel the need to watch something on Christmas, watch Mythbusters.:v:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Oh hey it was nothing

I was expecting to have this exact response but that last look they gave each other made me :crossarms: just a little.

fade5 posted:

I have bad news (or good news) for you, the airing is indeed happening, I saw an ad for it during the Regular Show Christmas special.

Luckily, the Science Channel is airing what has to be the biggest loving Mythbusters marathon ever, airing 220 Mythbusters episodes from December 24 to January 2. So if you feel the need to watch something on Christmas, watch Mythbusters.:v:

As someone who has actually done this I highly recommend it.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Death of the artist and all that, but yes, Korra's ending was meant to be unambiguously romantic:

From one of the Avatar bigwigs:

quote:

Our intention with the last scene was to make it as clear as possible that yes, Korra and Asami have romantic feelings for each other. The moment where they enter the spirit portal symbolizes their evolution from being friends to being a couple. Many news outlets, bloggers, and fans picked up on this and didn’t find it ambiguous. For the most part, it seems like the point of the scene was understood and additional commentary wasn’t really needed from Bryan or me. But in case people were still questioning what happened in the last scene, I wanted to make a clear verbal statement to complement the show’s visual one.

[...]

I’ve already read some heartwarming and incredible posts about how this moment means so much for the LGBT community. [...] As Tenzin says, “Life is one big bumpy ride.” And if, by Korra and Asami being a couple, we are able to help smooth out that ride even a tiny bit for some people, I’m proud to do my part, however small it might be.

I'm not sure they did "unambiguously" correctly, it still looks to me like they deliberately put enough plausible deniability in there so they could say "uhh... no?" if a Nick exec asked about it. But there you have it.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 23, 2014

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Personally, I lost all interest in Korra's romance life before the end of season 1. I didn't sign up to watch some kind of fantasy rom-com.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jsor posted:

Death of the artist and all that, but yes, Korra's ending was meant to be unambiguously romantic:

From one of the Avatar bigwigs:

I'm not sure they did "unambiguously" correctly, it still looks to me like they deliberately put enough plausible deniability in there so they could say "uhh... no?" if a Nick exec asked about it. But there you have it.

Well I was wrong about people looking too far into it.
I never watched Korra so

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Well I was wrong about people looking too far into it.
I never watched Korra so

That makes you the winner here.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

fade5 posted:

Thanks, but I got MST3k, Rankin Bass and Action movie marathons of Norris/Schwarzenegger/Stallone schlock to tide me over until 2015.

raditts posted:

That makes you the winner here.

I'm just hoping that if a third Avatar show ever airs, we get a protagonist that sinks all the ships. Leave no pairing spared, even if you have to go full Kill em all Tomino to do it. :black101:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

I think steven universe is filling the hole AT used to for me (though AT still has some good episodes)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I just like magic kung fu man... I didn't sign up for this poo poo!!

:qq:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/rugrats-voice-star-christine-cavanaugh-dies-51/story?id=27907772

The voice of Dexter and Chuckie has passed away.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That bums me out as I rather enjoy the roles she played in those shows along with Darkwing Duck and The Critic, yet she almost vanished from the world back in 2002 to the point I figured she died years ago.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Hope she didn't suffer, some 90s VO's got way too much grief in life.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up: Cartoon Network is showing all of Over the Garden Wall today at 5:30.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Just a heads up: Cartoon Network is showing all of Over the Garden Wall today at 5:30.

The episodes are also all up on the Cartoon Network website.
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/over-the-garden-wall/episodes/index.html

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

axleblaze posted:

They are doing another run today that started at 3:30 EST. It's pretty adorable so far :3: Also I'm recognizing a bunch of voices, but I don't want to IMDB it to confirm until I'm done with the series.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Just posting to say, again, that Over the Garden Wall is soooooooo good.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I know it's not a cartoon, but everyone should watch Peewee's playhouse on Netflix or whatever. It's the only show I liked as a kid that isn't thoroughly disappointing when I watch it now. Plus my 3 year old absolutely loves it, too. You can tell they spent some time doing the remasters. Other than the outdated effects it could've been made last year. Miss Yvonne looks really old in HD though, so if you had a big crush on her when you were a kid, prepare yourself for that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First episode/s of Star vs. the Forces of Evil were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bown posted:

First episode/s of Star vs. the Forces of Evil were pretty good.

Also I love Star's design

Edit: What the heck, Ludo is voiced by Alan Tudyk? :psyduck:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 19, 2015