Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Puntification posted:

Fiery, can you confirm/deny this for me?

Confrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

merk posted:

fv probably needs to die though. She was defending Amoeba before anyone started voting Amoeba.

Who did you use your stumpifying power on last night?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I didn't.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

Hey, I'm not scum. I am a town stump maker and can confirm my ability tonight (I don't know if it's been used). I can give a dead player the ability to come back to life for one last post.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
he does suggests its a one shot in that post

STILL YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD USE IT

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Or be able to ask Somber if EP/windy had used it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Or be able to ask Somber if EP/windy had used it.

Wouldn't we know, because a dead person would have come back and posted?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Wouldn't we know, because a dead person would have come back and posted?

Yeah that might have given it away a bit.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
alright so merk is probably lying about something, then. I still need to know if he has fur, and if so, what color it is. again, this is a real question.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm not using my ability until a person dies that I'd want to hear from again.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

merk posted:

I'm not using my ability until a person dies that I'd want to hear from again.

It would have probably been better to confirm your role like you suggested you were gonna do since it doesn't seem like something scum would be given.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Puntification posted:

It would have probably been better to confirm your role like you suggested you were gonna do since it doesn't seem like something scum would be given.

I disagree. I won't be getting lynched with or without confirming the role.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (3): Pinterest Mom, Dr. Hurt, Puntification
mr.capps (2): EXAKT Science, Poison Mushroom
Puntification (1): merk
merk (1): fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (2): mr.capps, Quandary

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

I disagree. I won't be getting lynched with or without confirming the role.

But we have to lynch you because you're scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm not following Merk's logic here.

He doesn't want to use the power. That's fine, I guess, we're pretty much all shitposters this game.

But why claim a power, then not use it? I don't really remember the context of the claim.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mafia Edit: This is all from the perspective of 'Why would town Merk be doing this?'. The option of 'he made an absurd lie and it fell through' seems vaguely possible, but that doesn't seem like a very Merk thing to do.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

He doesn't want to use the power. That's fine, I guess, we're pretty much all shitposters this game.

But why claim a power, then not use it? I don't really remember the context of the claim.

The context of the claim was that he was going to use it to prove he really did have the role he said he did.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poison Mushroom posted:

I claimed because it saved me from getting lynched.

I'm not using the power because the most pro-Town way to use it is to stump/revive a Cop/Watcher that gets nightkilled so we get one more result.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poison Mushroom posted:

Mafia Edit: This is all from the perspective of 'Why would town Merk be doing this?'. The option of 'he made an absurd lie and it fell through' seems vaguely possible, but that doesn't seem like a very Merk thing to do.

It's not. I wouldn't be playing to survive 'one more day' after multiple scum were dead by day 2. Having any inclination about my alignment based on me not using the ability is probably not that great.

Why don't people, instead, comment on the case I made?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fiery_valkyrie posted:

But we have to lynch you because you're scum.

You defended Amoeba hard before people actually voted Amoeba. Why did you do this? Why aren't you scum?

##vote f_v

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

merk posted:

I claimed because it saved me from getting lynched.

I'm not using the power because the most pro-Town way to use it is to stump/revive a Cop/Watcher that gets nightkilled so we get one more result.

I mean this totally makes sense, but I think the problem people are having is that you outright said "hey I'll use it to prove I've got this power"

merk posted:

Hey, I'm not scum. I am a town stump maker and can confirm my ability tonight (I don't know if it's been used). I can give a dead player the ability to come back to life for one last post.

and then never did. It feels to them less like you've got this great pro-town power, and more that you've been caught in a lie. I for one totally understand not wanting to use the power but you have to see how you can look a little shady for going back on the thing that saved you from a lynch.

And yes vote Fiery. Fiery is the best course of options today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I changed my mind once I realized that stumping/reviving the available dead people would be pointless. Holding it is actually the most pro-Town thing I can do.

Saving my own skin by confirming the role, to me, would actually be the most scummy way to use the role.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Why don't people, instead, comment on the case I made?

On punt? I didn't respond to it because I felt like I'd already addressed it

merk posted:

Look at how Punt handles Amoeba on day 1 with kid gloves and then works up the will to vote him after it's pretty clear he's already getting lynched.

Pinterest Mom posted:

punt and i are unconfirmed mason buddies, and i switched my vote to amoeba after he asked me in doc if i was still willing to vote amoeba. he didn't specifically suggest we should try to switch the vote, but it was implied.

i think it would be odd for scum to secretly drive a bus but let their masonbud get the townie cred from it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I didn't read that post. That's interesting.

I guess we have to lynch f_v.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think EP and Sandwolf are the most likely scum.

Sandwolf pushed hard on bowmore all D1 (and yuming was on bowmore as well). Everyone who voted bowmore during D1 ended the day with their vote on Amoeba -- except for yuming and Sandwolf. Yuming moved to PMush and Sandwolf left his vote on bowmore.

My case on Sandwolf from yesterday:

I think EP is suspicious primarily because of this post from yuming when he was getting a little heat:

Otherwise EP didn't do a lot on D1. His only comments were on bowmore and then Sandwolf, until he put Amoeba at -1. Prior to that he hadn't made any comments about Amoeba in thread at all.

I prefer EP, but would switch to Sandwolf.

##vote EP

In other news, this case on EP is one of the worst cases I've ever read.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Trust me when I say that out of the three people that there are votes on, FV is the best choice.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

do you want to just outright say that you have a town result on merk, that would make things easier

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(and given that the probable last scum is a godfather, also kind of not super relevant)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

(and given that the probable last scum is a godfather, also kind of not super relevant)

Why'd you make this assumption?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

which one?
three person scum team: feels about right for 15 person game with an sk
godfather: yuming was an usurper

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I missed that yuming was an Usurper. This post puts another nail in the coffin for f_v. It's weird distancing that someone who has no idea how to play an Usurper could do out of the gate.

yuming posted:

First thing I notice is,

This vote gives me ~vibes~

EXAKT's engagement with the game is a stark contrast to the last game I played with him (where he was scum and posting nonsense!) I don't think EXAKT is scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Like yuming eventually would need to case/vote f_v, and she sets the stage with the vibes post right out of the gate.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
##Vote FV

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think fiery_valkyrie is hammered!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That's right, votefinder. Spoilers ahead, so just page down until you see the flip if that's not your jam.

Final Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (5): Pinterest Mom, Dr. Hurt, Puntification, merk, Quandary
mr.capps (2): EXAKT Science, Poison Mushroom
merk (1): fiery_valkyrie
Puntification (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (1): mr.capps

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 7 hours, 30 minutes.

As night began to set in, our travelers found themselves in a labyrinthine darkness that seemed to devour any light. With the sun's setting, an inescapable chill gnawed at their spirits. As they stopped to build a fire, or find any comfort possible, their efforts were halted by a low voice from the shadows as The Beast appeared.

"Hello, travelers. I see that many of those close to you have become lost in these woods. They are beyond your help now, but they are not beyond mine. All you need to do is take up The Lantern and see that it never goes out."

Our weary travelers were caught out with terror and indecision. What if The Beast was telling the truth? What if this was the only way to save those who had been lost? What if this was their last hope?

But then they realized that would be dumb.

Calling out in defiance, the travelers efforts spurred The Beast to rage, and it rose up in true and dreadful form. Before it could take to action, a light blazed forth from the shadows and the Woodsman stepped forward. Together, the travelers and the Woodsman realized the true power of the lantern was not to keep the souls of the lost lit, but only to feed the flame of The Beast.

With a puff of breath, the lantern was put out and the Woodsman was finally free to put down his burden. However, our travelers were not at the end of their journey. That night, they would rest easier, knowing the darkness held one less terror in store for them.

Fiery_Valkyrie, The Beast, Self-Aligned Killer was lynched day three!

Exakt Science, The Woodsman, Third-Party Janitor has fulfilled his win condition and left the game!

The night may be patient, but I am not. Actions please!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey, you guys lynched. Gimme night actions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In interest of keeping the game going, I’m putting the flips up immediately.

merk, Enoch, Town Stump-Maker partied his way out of our hearts night three!

Quandary, Ms. Langtree, Town Doctor took her benefit concert on the road and far through The Unknown night three!

Dr. Hurt. Fred, Town Echo Cop, found an honest job night three!

With four alive, it is three votes to establish a majority.

Feel free to discuss this in the thread, but I would like you all to send me a message regarding what kind of timeline would work best for you regarding the deadline.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I loving TOLD YOU HE WAS THE GOD drat PUMPKINS AFPOSAIUFDPOIAJSFDPOIASJDF

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so weird hybrid guys are you sure one of you is not scum?

echo cop sounds weird, but hurt didn't gave us any hint about his results or how he works so its hard to find out if a backup cop is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

jesus christ

i'm pgo~

• Locked thread