Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Valeyard posted:

visit the site again (do a ctrl+f5 refresh just in case) and then click on any of the slices

the numbers are messed up and not properly representative at the moment

the first main pie shows just the viewers in each of the top level forums

then you click each one and it shows a comparison of, for example, the users in SHSC vs YOSPOS vs Tech Support vs COBOL (although COBOL is hosed up because its the only subforum that has another subforum of its own)

well ithink it isvery hosed up that klavern of cobol is listed as its own forum!!!

but fwiw the ui is extremely snappy for a web thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

mlmp

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Luigi Thirty posted:

holy crap someone made a KSP serial communication library and someone else wrote a C library for AVR chips to go with it

at last, I will have my big red stage separation button

couldn't you just have it press space?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

well ithink it isvery hosed up that klavern of cobol is listed as its own forum!!!

i made up for it by omitting project.log :smugmrgw:

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

but fwiw the ui is extremely snappy for a web thing

in the sense it isnt slow and sluggish, or its lacking animations for some of the transitions/resizes?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BONGHITZ posted:

couldn't you just have it press space?

okay, combination big red button and cool vessel status panel

it transmits vessel status, orbit statistics, etc over serial and receives analog thrust controls and digital inputs for separation, abort, etc. here's a display someone built using the plugin/AVR program.

on the other hand this guy is making a project mercury-style all-analog control panel

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 21, 2014

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

:eyepop:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

these are both amazing holy poo poo

i like dude's use of U-bolts down there for switch barriers

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
that's p cool with the serial data comm > AVR.

btw
if u ever want to just emulate a button push to pc and use big ol arcade buttons use this: http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html
ipacs are fuccckkkkkiinnn sweeeeett but u probably already knew that if you looked into MAME poo poo or whatever

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Chill Callahan posted:

lol if ur spending any real money on car audio components when u have the noise floor of highway driving

btw would it be possible to use noise canceling with car speakers or is it such a finicky technology it needs the absolute positioning of headphones re:ears?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's very easy to overcome road noise anyway plus what are you listening to anyway classical music?

I feel sorry for people who don't try to maximise their time having thumping bass in they cars

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

echinopsis posted:

it's very easy to overcome road noise anyway plus what are you listening to anyway classical music?

I feel sorry for people who don't try to maximise their time having thumping bass in they cars

I don't want to drown out the sweet sounds of the engine on my classic 2010 Citroen C3.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

echinopsis posted:

yeah this. like i dont expect super low level accuracy but starting with better sounding components will still yield a better result. also there's always acoustic absorbing material you can install

ive never understood the mentality that suboptimal listening conditions completely cancel the benefits of nicer gear. they dont even if they mask quite a bit

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Depends, do you move your head significant fractions of wavelengths in your car?

You probably do

Your destructive interference is pretty likely to be constructive

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
if only i could remove my corporeal existence as a factor in the listening experience, then i would know true audio clarity

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Get cochlear implants and use the line-in

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

so after getting v frustrated at not being able to find the knobs to put the stand etc on the bench grinder and hunting down some bolts that'd work, knife-making continues
and holy moley after spending like 4-5hrs chopping off a rough outline using a hacksaw smoothing it out with the bench grinder is loving magic

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

echinopsis posted:

As someone who used to do this stupid poo poo in highschool and compete in DBDrags. . . i will state, i'd rather have the road noise.

Every few moons though, i get the urge to go get my fiberglass shaping tools and masks and poo poo from my parents house, and head to the stereo shop I used to work at and just be like "i need 20 12" subwoofers, and 10 of those thousand watt amps"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
something about moderation? I have a single 1200w dual voice cool 12" and it's pretty solid for a single driver but it's not ridiculous

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
yeah, i was a bit insane. . . my high school show car was this

My daily driver was an 86 caprice estate station wagon that I had 3 Orion XTRPros 10" DVC in a sealed enclosure in being pushed by a 1200 watt BMF amp from crossfire I think

enotnert fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 26, 2014

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i had a 200w with a JL microsub and it was quite nice. went plenty low and loud enough for me. i love insano sub setups though :allears:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

enotnert posted:

yeah, i was a bit insane. . . my high school show car was this

My daily driver was an 86 caprice estate station wagon that I had 3 Orion XTRPros 10" DVC in a sealed enclosure in being pushed by a 1200 watt BMF amp from crossfire I think

i wanna sit in that car with a MBP loving around in ableton plugged into it. love the idea of hitting a key and duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu shaking my poo poo out

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

echinopsis posted:

i wanna sit in that car with a MBP loving around in ableton plugged into it. love the idea of hitting a key and duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu shaking my poo poo out

I had an aux input, some shows I'd use a friends oscilloscope that he used for his rig to just generate sine waves that he calculated would put out more db with how the speakers were situated in relation to the mic area.

It would do subsonic really well, which scared people, when you can sit side by side talking in a normal voice but the bass is shaking your hair, and pushing your lungs in.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
did you do it to enjoy music?

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

echinopsis posted:

did you do it to enjoy music?

i was more into it at that point for the dbcomps, but I also did SQ comps in that vehicle. it actually had 5.1 sound and a dolby decoder for an optional dvd player. 27 total speakers in the guy, all high end kicker components backed by 6 xs1200 amps (if you look at the top you'll see vents, the amps are in the ceiling). 5 optima yellowtops, 2 300amp alternators, 305 smallblock chevy shoehorned into the bitch.

It did have remote gain on the amps for the subs, so I could crank them down for SQ, and crank up for DB

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i think headphones have the best audio quality

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if youre body isnt moving though... its like jizzing in a cup

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

echinopsis posted:

if youre body isnt moving though... its like jizzing in a cup

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i got a raspberry pi for christmas and lack the creativity and technical knowhow to do anything exciting with it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

do you know python? learn python. then write scripts to turn the gpios on and off.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

download some code someone else wrote to make an LED flash, then write a 10,000 blog post about what a hardware hacker you are

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Sweevo posted:

download some code someone else wrote to make an LED flash, then write a 10,000 blog post about what a hardware hacker you are

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sweevo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FOw4f1_AeU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

do you know python? learn python. then write scripts to turn the gpios on and off.

what about a Flask powered website that people can go on and hit a button, that then trickles down and turns on some of those pins with a tiny little gimmick projector attached which then projects a huge poo poo on my wall

like the bat symbol

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 27, 2014

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Valeyard posted:

i got a raspberry pi for christmas and lack the creativity and technical knowhow to do anything exciting with it

send it to me and i'll make a vape out of it

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

a while back I found a website that had a Votrax sound chip hooked up to the web and its output streamed via shoutcast so you could type phoneme codes and make it curse

asp.net supports serial communication too so I wrote a web form that set the display of my arduino at one point

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

a while back I found a website that had a Votrax sound chip hooked up to the web and its output streamed via shoutcast so you could type phoneme codes and make it curse

asp.net supports serial communication too so I wrote a web form that set the display of my arduino at one point

not shoutcast but this is the one i know of

http://real-votrax.no-ip.org/

the votrax always was the best sounding of the old sound chips imo. not the most "realistic" but it had the best character

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I'm trying to think of a way to make a 'touch' enabled ping pong table. maybe a kinect? put it over the table and have certain areas be triggers for input, so you'd hold your hand out over a corner and it'd trigger whatever ui element was there

I dunno if you can use a kinect like that, though.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BONGHITZ posted:

i think headphones have the best audio quality

please dont troll

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
:ninja:

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 28, 2014