Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

gnome7 posted:

Hoooo poo poo, this is going to be good. It was only a matter of time before Tatsumaki and Saitama inevitably came to blows. She is the closest thing to someone on his level we've seen in the entire comic, possibly even including Garou.
Actually, Lord Boros was potentially the strongest being in the universe at that point in time and i'd peg him as the strongest character in the series (besides Saitama) before Garou had his showdown with Saitama. Boros vs Tatsumaki would not have even been a fight to be honest, this was a guy on Frieza level. In the Murata comic this is even more the case as he was even more ridiculous there, he punched Saitama to the moon and then he survived being literally torn to pieces.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

gnome7 posted:

Hoooo poo poo, this is going to be good. It was only a matter of time before Tatsumaki and Saitama inevitably came to blows. She is the closest thing to someone on his level we've seen in the entire comic, possibly even including Garou.
She'll become increasingly angry as he ignores her. Like, really angry. This is as far as the battle will go.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gnome7 posted:

Waiting for the reveal that Tatsumaki got her power by doing the ESPer equivalent of Saitama's training regimen. Like, reading 100 books, writing 100 essays, and editing 100 newspaper articles, every single day for 3 years.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

She'll become increasingly angry as he ignores her. Like, really angry. This is as far as the battle will go.

If not this, then Saitama will get kind of annoyed by her.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nah, everything about Tatsumaki just screams that her power is innate.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I am having a deja vu. Pretty sure someone said the same thing when the Garou arc started. Let's hope it never goes there, because it is kind of a terrible idea.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
The only thing is if Tatsumaki and Saitama fight, she might get knocked down a peg and actually have to train to get stronger. It just seems like she's never worked on her abilities, it's just been that strong. Fubuki at least had to train her ability so she could compete with the overbearing power of Tatsumaki which gave her the ability to actually defeat Psykos.

I think it would be a good thing for them to fight, honestly.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gothmog1065 posted:

The only thing is if Tatsumaki and Saitama fight, she might get knocked down a peg and actually have to train to get stronger. It just seems like she's never worked on her abilities, it's just been that strong. Fubuki at least had to train her ability so she could compete with the overbearing power of Tatsumaki which gave her the ability to actually defeat Psykos.

I think it would be a good thing for them to fight, honestly.
Thing is that it's not really a fight. Saitama has pretty much only really wailed on people with extreme durability like Boros/Garou. He utterly chumped the supreme alien psychic guy from Boros' ship.

If they do scuffle it'll probably be mostly her trying to blast Saitama to absolutely no effect since of all the superpowers demonstrated in the series so far the one that Saitama is LEAST impressed with is telekinesis.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Looks like Psykos has a "in the mountains of madness', uh, madness induced from gazing into the future and seeing the thing that caused Shibabawa to freak out before kicking the bucket

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tatsumaki drops a massive stone block on Saitama. Saitama just lets it break on him and asks why she would do that.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Tatsumaki drops a massive stone block on Saitama. Saitama just lets it break on him and asks why she would do that.

That's pretty much how I picture it happening. The greatest thing about Saitama is how how he just treats all the whacked-out over-dramatic superhero poo poo as childishness.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Genocyber posted:

That's pretty much how I picture it happening. The greatest thing about Saitama is how how he just treats all the whacked-out over-dramatic superhero poo poo as childishness.

It's because, well, it is.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Parrotine posted:

Looks like Psykos has a "in the mountains of madness', uh, madness induced from gazing into the future and seeing the thing that caused Shibabawa to freak out before kicking the bucket
Saitama misses out on one sale too many.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Daler Mehndi posted:

Saitama misses out on one sale too many.
Oh god Evil Saitama would actually be the most scary thing imaginable.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Obviously, the need some kind of master of ESP powers, a mentor figure if you will.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

e X posted:

I am having a deja vu. Pretty sure someone said the same thing when the Garou arc started. Let's hope it never goes there, because it is kind of a terrible idea.

I think I brought that up, because Garou got his strength the same way as Saitama, so it would make sense for them to be equals. I thought the story was wrapping up then (although I dont know why I thought that since we havent met the number 1 hero, or Genos's enemy, or found out what the terrible prediction is yet) but Saitamas gotta get one good fight before its over. Itll be sad if the series ends before he finally gets the one thing that he wants.

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 22, 2014

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I don't know which thread to ask this in, so this one just to be safe. How many cities have been shown/revealed/mentioned so far?

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Well they mentioned Z city, so I'm assuming there's 25 others...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not even Garou solicited a real seriious response.
tatsumaki wont even unpolish his bald head.

Saitama is going to deliver some hard felt words straight to the ego that will probably hurt more than any punch he could throw.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She can't hurt Saitama, certainly. But she can pick him up and toss him around. The funny part is, Tatsumaki is so incredibly arrogant that she probably wouldn't even notice that it wasn't accomplishing much. Like most of S class, she is so far up her own rear end that she can't even recognize how absurd Saitama is.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

She can't hurt Saitama, certainly. But she can pick him up and toss him around. The funny part is, Tatsumaki is so incredibly arrogant that she probably wouldn't even notice that it wasn't accomplishing much. Like most of S class, she is so far up her own rear end that she can't even recognize how absurd Saitama is.

Now I'm picturing a mildly perturbed at worst Saitama getting thrown about and smashing through walls :allears:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't know which thread to ask this in, so this one just to be safe. How many cities have been shown/revealed/mentioned so far?

We've only seen a few, but there are 26

Saitama lives in Z-city, the worst/cheapest one
A city is where the headquarters was until it was destroyed
and that giant destroyed B and C city I think? it might have been some other letters

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

gnome7 posted:

I think you're forgetting what comic this is.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Saitama probably won't mind any of this but he's probably not going to let psykos get hurt until he finds out why she hosed up his house

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Bisse posted:

Oh god Evil Saitama would actually be the most scary thing imaginable.

Evil clones are a thing....

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Blinks77 posted:

Evil clones are a thing....

they'd just be normal human strength because they never did his grueling workout

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"They made a clone of me.....
He had...
He had a full head of hair :negative:"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Those who think Saitama would get moved around forget that Garou, BEFORE HE WENT SUPER MODE, was shrugging off psykos's telekinetic attacks because "I'm that loving good ok. stop this annoying poo poo so I can beat the crap out of you already."

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
He will get moved around because he's not even paying attention to the attacks, not because he can't casually shrug them off.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Genocyber posted:

This is pretty much a running thing in all of ONE's comics, trying to use superpowers to show off or thinking you're a superior person for having powers is pretty consistently treated as something childish.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
New chapter up.

Saitama's great as always, he's more mad at Tatsumaki at wrecking his house than anything else. All in line with his "supernatural poo poo get no fucks" attitude.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh come on it's not that hard to link to the dang thing is it? :saddowns:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I hope chapter 100 is going to be explosive.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

jwang posted:

Saitama's great as always, he's more mad at Tatsumaki at wrecking his house than anything else. All in line with his "supernatural poo poo get no fucks" attitude.

I'd actually forgotten about that.

A good a reason as any to get into a scuffle.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
lol Saitama he still hasn't forgotten about his (former) home. That last page though. :D

Stuff is about to go down.

cyrus_zane fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 12, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait for Saitama to punch the crap out of Tatsumaki.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Can't wait for Saitama to punch the crap out of Tatsumaki.

He's not gonna do that.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Genocyber posted:

He's not gonna do that.

I'd say she would be another flunkie, but I think she's too arrogant for that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fubuki was pretty arrogant too though

eh who am i kidding tatsumaki is just going to be really pissed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
He's probably going to lecture her and end up having psykos stay with those guys who have the dog