Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've always wondered why the buzzard's homing missiles don't lock on to other players. That would level the playing field a bit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Feenix posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don;t think Buzzards should ruin everyone's day... but I'm basically a big hot target if I ever want to go weapons hot in free-roam. An easy, easy target.

It really sucks in my opinion. It actually takes a little practice and skill to kill people with the Buzzard and now it's way too easy to shoot down. It doesn't even seem like you can dodge the surface to air missiles. If you can it is much more difficult than dodging missiles from other Buzzards or Lazers.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

rally posted:

It really sucks in my opinion. It actually takes a little practice and skill to kill people with the Buzzard and now it's way too easy to shoot down. It doesn't even seem like you can dodge the surface to air missiles. If you can it is much more difficult than dodging missiles from other Buzzards or Lazers.

Yeah, any helicopter is just a straight free kill now. I'll actually stop my car and get out just to lock on and get free candy.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I am now friends with Kingreid_. I can continue my murder spree against him

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

rally posted:

We were missioning last night and did one of the "endless waves of cops" missions. I was using the AV launcher against the incoming helicopters, and it probably would have been easier to hit them with the grenade launcher at the range they were at (50 - 75 ft or so). I had to fire 2-4 times per helicopter.

So NPCs in police choppers can definitely dodge the rockets at close range.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

I am now friends with Kingreid_. I can continue my murder spree against him

Great minds...I am hoping he is still in my recently met players list so I can do the same.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Any PS4 LLJK dudes/dudettes wanna run some missions? I just joined the Crew earlier today.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

What outfit do you need to wear to be able to get the free festive hats? They're all greyed out saying my outfit isn't compatible. I'm dressed as a bloody elf. That should be enough.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Roobsa posted:

What outfit do you need to wear to be able to get the free festive hats? They're all greyed out saying my outfit isn't compatible. I'm dressed as a bloody elf. That should be enough.

You have a hat on your head I bet. You can't wear a hat and a mask.

:thatrockstargif:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Best thing heard in a public lobby last night while dicking around: "yo whose the human being gingerbread man that keeps coming at me"

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Roobsa posted:

Does your character have a ponytail? I couldn't select many of the hats until I changed my hairstyle.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Did they improve the camera/selfie for current-gen?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
haha, wow. After I logged out, Buzzard Pubbie kept trying to convince me they were right. For reference, I replied with "lol" to his first text, which spawned this:

quote:

Really, think about it. The buzzard is a no risk play, why even play with others? Can do the whole mission alone. Didnt u notice you were the only 1 in 1? Whats the point to finish fast? less money?

and then,

quote:

any fool can get kills with a buzzard in a coop mission, who can't... doing a mission without it though = more money and more rp, and not stealing kills from others with a noob tool, half the team just quit playing when we saw you in that buzzard...

Not actually true (only he did) ... but who's counting, right?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Don't mind me. Just cosplaying Bo Duke on an early morning at the Duke farm...

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

The Fresh Prince posted:

Best thing heard in a public lobby last night while dicking around: "yo whose the human being gingerbread man that keeps coming at me"

this means you're doin' it right

Vokehead
Feb 13, 2013

The Fresh Prince posted:

Did you give him your festive surprise?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is anyone missing the Dresses list in their closet? I can't find mine, and the only way to put a dress on is to go the store and do it. Really annoying.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Aardmania posted:

Does your character have a ponytail? I couldn't select many of the hats until I changed my hairstyle.

Yeah that was it. Cheers.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Quick throwing grenades is really handy, but I hope pubbies never figure it out so we don't end up with COD levels of nade spam

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Sapient Afro posted:

Quick throwing grenades is really handy, but I hope pubbies never figure it out so we don't end up with COD levels of nade spam

Too late, that is me to a t if someone is hiding behind cover.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BitBasher posted:

Blista Compact. On paper it has identical stats to the Issi, but the Issi has real problems cornering at high speeds because it's rear end end has no weight on it and it swings out and loses traction far easier than the Blista.

I'm about to buy the Raphodsy to try it.

So is there some kind of specific Blista I need? I grabbed the Dinka Blista Compact off the car store and the game calls it a Sports class vehicle despite having Compact in the drat name. Like do I have to find one in the wild? Because I kinda like this weird AE-86 Initial D looking car.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The Futo is very fun for drifting.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Policenaut posted:

So is there some kind of specific Blista I need? I grabbed the Dinka Blista Compact off the car store and the game calls it a Sports class vehicle despite having Compact in the drat name. Like do I have to find one in the wild? Because I kinda like this weird AE-86 Initial D looking car.

The Dinka Blista, compact, Is what he is talking about, not the Dinka Blista compact, sports.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is anyone missing the Dresses list in their closet? I can't find mine, and the only way to put a dress on is to go the store and do it. Really annoying.

Yep, although sometimes after a mission my character just respawns with it on

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I love the proximity mines. I admit I got pretty lucky with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnXinjlW0g

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Scyron posted:

The Dinka Blista, compact, Is what he is talking about, not the Dinka Blista compact, sports.

Yeah, this is correct. To my knowledge it's not sold in stores. I forgot they added the ambiguously named Dinka Blista Compact as well.

This one has to be found in the world: Dinka Blista

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I spent about 15 minutes roaming different sessions until I found one. I think I'll keep the Blista Compact as a toy car though, but I have no idea why the gently caress that thing qualifies for Sports class.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

The Fresh Prince posted:

I've always wondered why the buzzard's homing missiles don't lock on to other players. That would level the playing field a bit...

Granted, I was on a mission with some pubbies (the one where you get the homing device out of the Granger and then drive to the place where you hack the computer) and it was funny to watch two of the guys on the crew land their Buzzards twenty feet away from each other, parked on the ground and head-to-head just fire rockets at themselves while we waited for the guy hacking the terminal to finish.

It just looked so ridiculous and pointless, yet fun to watch.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

The Fresh Prince posted:

Not the best thing, but the most hosed up thing. Friday, I still had the chat set to everyone and the first thing I heard was (this is nearly verbatim as it's seared into my memory)

Player 1) "You called me a pedophile, man, that's a really hosed up thing to call someone."

Player 2) "Would you rather me call you the 'n-word'?"

Player 1) "gently caress you, I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to come over to your house, drag your rear end out of the basement so you can watch me skull gently caress your mom as she chokes on my dick. Then, I'm going to bend her over the table and gently caress her until her rear end is bloody. And that's before I use my fist."

Player 3) "Dude, did you just threaten to rape his mom? That's almost as bad as being a pedophile."

Player 1) "I told you, I don't rape kids"

Player 3) "Yet you threaten to rape moms..."

Player 1 leaves the session.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

geeves posted:

I love the proximity mines. I admit I got pretty lucky with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnXinjlW0g

The casual lob made me giggle. It was like you were just tossing a newspaper.

I jumped on quick the other night to mess with the prox mines - managed to toss one in front of a person taxiing out of a hangar in a Titan or whatever that C-130 lookalike is called. He wasn't pleased.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Stringbean posted:

The casual lob made me giggle. It was like you were just tossing a newspaper.

Best part was where they go off and the car explodes and then...toss one more out the side just for the hell of it.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
If I see someone driving the specific vehicle that Simeon wants I'll go toss one in front of his garage at the port. Much rage ensues.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Always classic. Especially when they've been running from a group of other pubbies chasing them.

titties
May 10, 2012

the_worm_ posted:

If I see someone driving the specific vehicle that Simeon wants I'll go toss one in front of his garage at the port. Much rage ensues.

I used to do this with stickies while watching from the relative safety of the nearby crane scaffolding. I've never done anything that made low-level pubbies rage quit faster.

One guy sounded pretty indignant about it, kind of like this fine police officer.

Oh, great.
Yeah, you got me.
Nice job YOU loving KILLED ME GOOD FOR YOUUUUUUARGAHARGAHGRA *ragequit*

titties fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 22, 2014

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yep not there. I think vests are missing too?

titties
May 10, 2012

I'm missing "Leggings" on PS3, not sure if I still have "Dresses" and "Vests".

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

titties posted:

One guy sounded pretty indignant about it, kind of like this fine police officer.

It's really bad when that "someone needs to call the police" thought comes up when you're watching an officer behave.

I think the gun came with a badge for this one. :smith: FTP!

titties
May 10, 2012

NeoSeeker posted:

It's really bad when that "someone needs to call the police" thought comes up when you're watching an officer behave.

I think the gun came with a badge for this one.

I like the part where the officer starts to walk away and the guy's like "sir, I can't leave without my ID" and the cop throws it in the dirt and screams "YOU CAN GET IT WHEN I LEAVE YOU PIECE OF poo poo" or whatever.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Also every time I switch sessions I'm no longer wearing my dress, I'm in the default gray outfit

Edit and every time I die.

geeves fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

titties posted:

I like the part where the officer starts to walk away and the guy's like "sir, I can't leave without my ID" and the cop throws it in the dirt and screams "YOU CAN GET IT WHEN I LEAVE YOU PIECE OF poo poo" or whatever.

It's much more reminiscent of a neckbearded roided up bad sport storming away from a lost table top game than someone I should trust my life with.

Like every other magic game you played, your opponent was carrying a loaded glock.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 23, 2014

• Locked thread