Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
If it has any degree of personality and charm it is a guarantee Ron Dennis had nothing to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Never forget. I mean, the very fact that Alonso has a luxurious head of hair and a disgusting beard while being unveiled as a McLaren driver tells me that maybe things will most certainly be different now between him and Ron Dennis.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I mean, good loving lord, look at that haircut. Gets me every single time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

I mean, good loving lord, look at that haircut. Gets me every single time.

I'm pretty sure Ron mandated a page boy cut, but had to settle for that in the contract negotiations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

He looks like a nice tidy company man now, instead of some hairy untidy Eurotrash

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_5lXIT5AY

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Wirth1000 posted:

Never forget. I mean, the very fact that Alonso has a luxurious head of hair and a disgusting beard while being unveiled as a McLaren driver tells me that maybe things will most certainly be different now between him and Ron Dennis.
Thanks for triggering memories of the ill-fitting suit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

Lauda lost 76 because Ferrari did not employ enough Italians in the team.

Ferrari should have employed one of the great Italian drivers of the 1970s, such as

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Patrese and De Angelis were impressive on their debuts.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

Ferrari should have employed one of the great Italian drivers of the 1970s, such as

They all died in the 60s.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Alonso stipulated the beard stays till jules comes out of the coma. He started growing it after Japan.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

nsaP posted:

Alonso stipulated the beard stays till jules comes out of the coma. He started growing it after Japan.

He's going to run out of room in his helmet.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The beard is being grown so Ron Dennis has a wig for next season.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Maybe they've been hard at work in the wind tunnel fabbing up some aerodynamic helmet extension that can safely encase his growing beard, and also by chance become the blown diffuser of 2015. #bearddiffuser #beardedandblessed

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

CratSock posted:

Maybe they've been hard at work in the wind tunnel fabbing up some aerodynamic helmet extension that can safely encase his growing beard, and also by chance become the blown diffuser of 2015. #bearddiffuser #beardedandblessed

Lewis is in trouble then. They'll have to fix the setup on his car when his beard breaks up with him mid season.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Mimetic posted:

Lewis is in trouble then. They'll have to fix the setup on his car when his beard breaks up with him mid season.

Ha!

But for actual body hair related content, it hasn't been mentioned in a few pages... predictions for Lewis' hairline at the start of the season? Throwback glory maybe (thanks to new plugs)?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Marussia bought two super aguri chassis and spent a fair chunk of cash to run one with a cosworth motor. :shepface:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Apparently Marussia bought two super aguri chassis and spent a fair chunk of cash to run one with a cosworth motor. :shepface:

according to...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

haas bought marussia's factory: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-f1-acquires-marussia-factory/

LOOK GUYS I INCLUDED A LINK

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

be nice wicka posted:

haas bought marussia's factory: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-f1-acquires-marussia-factory/

LOOK GUYS I INCLUDED A LINK

OK THIS TIME if they actually get their F1 base setup in NC I will, at some point, drive out there and take some pictures.

USF1TeamGPSpeed :argh:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

pik_d posted:

OK THIS TIME if they actually get their F1 base setup in NC I will, at some point, drive out there and take some pictures.

USF1TeamGPSpeed :argh:

they finished building it in october champ

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

like he got an entry and just immediately built an entire f1 factory from the ground up, that's how much more competent haas is than usf1

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

be nice wicka posted:

they finished building it in october champ

I will probably never actually go there to be honest. I bet they charge for tours and poo poo anyway.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The fact that Haas has laid out a competent realistic plan and is now executing it makes me slightly optimistic that Haas may cobble together a competent midfield entry instead of becoming another HRT

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

The fact that Haas has laid out a competent realistic plan and is now executing it makes me slightly optimistic that Haas may cobble together a competent midfield entry instead of becoming another HRT

Nah.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:agreed:

This is the same guy who still wants to effectively have his "technical partners" do all the research heavy lifting. He really does just want to buy off the shelf bits, slap it together in his factory and then race it. Somehow he wants to win with that strategy too.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
To be fair, he only wants to win in the next five years.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

autism chariot posted:

This is the same guy who still wants to effectively have his "technical partners" do all the research heavy lifting. He really does just want to buy off the shelf bits, slap it together in his factory and then race it. Somehow he wants to win with that strategy too.

This might be the only sustainable future of f1, at least at the midfield level. The sport needs to move away from the "design bespoke 50 million dollar car, throw away for the next year and start over" model.

It has bothered.me for a while that the cars get new names every year, actually. Is the RB7 REALLY all that different to the RB9?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

autism chariot posted:

I'm happy that Eddie Cheever mocked him over it.

Cheever owns. :colbert:.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This might be the only sustainable future of f1, at least at the midfield level. The sport needs to move away from the "design bespoke 50 million dollar car, throw away for the next year and start over" model.

It has bothered.me for a while that the cars get new names every year, actually. Is the RB7 REALLY all that different to the RB9?

It's definitely more sustainable than the "let's not test our car in a wind tunnel at all" or "let's spend like drunken sailors" approaches taken by the last two teams to go belly up.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Haas will be the next Stewart which will in turn be sold to a huger company and then sold to a fizzy drink which will then dominate F1 until the end of time.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

gret posted:

"let's not test our car in a wind tunnel at all"
The Ferrari Story tm

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
"It is thought that Haas has also acquired the data and designs for the 2015 Marussia." (http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/haas-f1-acquires-marussia-factory/)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wonder if Stefan GP still has the 2010 Toyota chassis.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Using the same chassis for 5 years worked for Osella.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

1500quidporsche posted:

lol no

they are going to get lapped 5 times per race

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

Using the same chassis for 5 years worked for Osella.

Although the downside of constantly iterating on the Osella FA1 (FA1B, FA1C etc) is that for part of 1988 the literally ran a car called the "FA1L".

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

lol no

they are going to get lapped 5 times per race

Key phrase is slightly optimistic. Losing 20 seconds a lap is still very much in play.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
On the bright side he'll save significantly on fuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

All you eurotrash anti-Americans are going to cry when HaasF1 is scoring points in 2016. :911:

• Locked thread