Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Enoki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

With that many villains, hiring just three heroes, even A-class, to act as muscle looked pretty stupid to me. That's not even considering Garou.

I suspect it's more of a case of 'we put out the call, these three are the only ones who showed up' deal. A strongman, a flamethrower, and a stage musician as crowd control, eh?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Gonna say that a flame thrower doesn't seem all that harmless. Those dudes flailing about on fire seemed to not be having fun and seeing that would probably make those not on fire fairly compliant. Strongman and Magician seemed kind of in over their heads though. But who knows? Licenseless Rider could take a serious beating and walk away. Maybe these guys are hardier than they seem?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Popo posted:

Gonna say that a flame thrower doesn't seem all that harmless. Those dudes flailing about on fire seemed to not be having fun and seeing that would probably make those not on fire fairly compliant. Strongman and Magician seemed kind of in over their heads though. But who knows? Licenseless Rider could take a serious beating and walk away. Maybe these guys are hardier than they seem?

I'm pretty sure the only particularly dangerous criminals there were Garou and Sonic. They probably could have handled the rest.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Garou certainly did.

And I still get the same mental image everytime I see Sonic's name.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Garou is a really good character. Cheers non ONE readers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Popo posted:

Strongman's arm got the sickest Indian Burn in the world and Magician is missing a hand now.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

With that many villains, hiring just three heroes, even A-class, to act as muscle looked pretty stupid to me. That's not even considering Garou.

I suspect it's more of a case of 'we put out the call, these three are the only ones who showed up' deal. A strongman, a flamethrower, and a stage musician as crowd control, eh?

A class rank 6 is pretty high up there

Saitama is only a B class

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Terror Sweat posted:

A class rank 6 is pretty high up there

Saitama is only a B class

To be fair S-class has a dude with a bat and a guy in a dog suit, so A-class might just be just as weak.

I hope Garou wins. He's putting all his effort in. He might start losing his hair though :ohdear:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
To be fair, the dog guy keeps an entire city safe all by himself.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hellsau posted:

To be fair S-class has a dude with a bat and a guy in a dog suit, so A-class might just be just as weak.

I hope Garou wins. He's putting all his effort in. He might start losing his hair though :ohdear:

S-class is people who are super powerful despite being really lame on paper.

"A guy in a dog suit."

"A guy with a bat."

"A super buff guy."

"Some old dude who practices martial arts."

and yet they effortlessly murder tons of threats

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Saitama is equally lame on paper.

"Some guy that went bald from regular strength training."

It would be hilarious if Saitama was a reverse Samson: he loses his strength if he ever gets his hair back.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did Saitama lose all of his hair?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did Saitama lose all of his hair?

He still has eyebrows right?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Mr. Fowl posted:

To be fair, the dog guy keeps an entire city safe all by himself.
His face is also drawn in the same simple style as Saitama and Tatsumaki. Confirmed heavy-hitter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I noticed that other then Tornado and Blizzard and maybe Pretty Pretty Prisoner. None of the super heroes seem to actually have powers. They seem to rely on physical power, Skill or tech.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Super strength/durability is a superpower.

Its the BEST power. :colbert:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RareAcumen posted:

No, he doesn't. Its just his brow ridge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Seriously? Dang, I thought those were eyebrows this whole time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Look closer - you can see his eyebrow split off from his socket at the corner there. He's just frowning really hard.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

That's not what he's implying :heysexy:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shugojin posted:

S-class is people who are super powerful despite being really lame on paper.

"A guy in a dog suit."

"A guy with a bat."

"A super buff guy."

"Some old dude who practices martial arts."

and yet they effortlessly murder tons of threats

"A guy in a tank top"

"Bad tempered little girl".

"A fat guy"

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Genos and King are pretty much the only conventionally "cool" characters among the S-Class hero.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Yeah, Genos and King are pretty much the only conventionally "cool" characters among the S-Class hero.

Atomic Samurai, Bang, and some others I'm not sure if they've been introduced yet, as well.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Metal Knight?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

We have no idea what Boom does.

Metal Knight possibly counts. His robots do, at any rate.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

We have no idea what Boom does.

Metal Knight possibly counts. His robots do, at any rate.

Boom? You mean Blast?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, I mean blast. Whoops. :blush:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Someone speculated that Blast is probably our hero. Which kinda makes sense but I hope it doesnt turn out as cliche as that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I really doubt it will be that because ONE already used "misplaced credit for Saitama" for King.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ONE is a good writer, so no. That was just something one dumbass in this thread came up with.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

Say Nothing posted:

"A guy in a tank top"

"Bad tempered little girl".

"A fat guy"

"A smart kid"

"A fast guy"

"A zombie"

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Zombies are pretty OP, man. Like, they are already dead, you can't kill them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

cyrus_zane posted:

"A fast guy"

"A zombie"

Ok I forgot about those 2. They do have legit super powers like Tornado and Blizzard.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

Cthulhuchan posted:

Zombies are pretty OP, man. Like, they are already dead, you can't kill them.

Well to be fair this one is like the ultimate level of zombie where no matter what you do they simply refuse to die and keep coming back. Most zombies these days are more like a horde of flesh eaters, dangerous in a group or if they take you by surprise but by no means zombieman level immortal.

cyrus_zane fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 23, 2014

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

cyrus_zane posted:

Well to be fair this one is like the ultimate level of zombie where no matter what you do they simply refuse to die and keep coming back. Most zombies these days are more like a horde of flesh eaters, dangerous in a group or if they take you by surprise but by no means zombieman level immortal.

yeah, most zombies dont regenerate.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 23, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Zombieman hasn't done anything in this version yet.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, no spoilers!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Zombieman hasn't done anything in this version yet.

Say Nothing posted:

Yeah, no spoilers!

oops, i thought he was there during the fight with the space ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He visited the survivors of the house of evolution, but that was just a conversation. Nothing about his abilities has been mentioned.