Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

No, they just made some ground beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lco9Ki-5qfQ

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4rfHAqs9EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNBfBr-OGU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Goose stepping looks loving hard.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Goose stepping looks loving hard.

real rough on the heels

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ElMaligno posted:

All i want for christmass is to be washed away by the holy fire of nuclear explosions.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

A coworker of mine told me a story of when she was 19 and getting her pilot's license. She was doing night takeoff and landings, and as she was accelerating for takeoff, the small Cesna lurched just as she took off. Her instructor freaked, yelling "WE HIT SOMETHING! PUT IT DOWN! PUT IT DOWN!" so she circles back and lands. She and the instructor find a huge bloody smear on the side of the aircraft, and walk the runway, worried about finding a dead homeless guy who had wandered into the airfield (given that this took place in New Jersey, it's not outside the realm of possibility.)

Instead of finding a dead stewbum, they find the decapitated corpse of a rather large deer. Never did find the head though, and her nickname became "Deerslayer."

Moral of the story is gently caress deer

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

The monkey model thing isn't really true. There are export versions but the difference isn't so dramatic.
For some reason I'm disappointed by that.

ElMaligno posted:

All i want for christmass is to be washed away by the holy fire of nuclear explosions.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rent-A-Cop posted:

For some reason I'm disappointed by that.

Don't worry, it's true on some aircraft.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ElMaligno posted:

No, they just made some ground beef.

Nice.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
50 years ago on this date, the SR-71 made its maiden flight. Show some goddamn respect.

bloops fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 22, 2014

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

suboptimal posted:

A coworker of mine told me a story of when she was 19 and getting her pilot's license. She was doing night takeoff and landings, and as she was accelerating for takeoff, the small Cesna lurched just as she took off. Her instructor freaked, yelling "WE HIT SOMETHING! PUT IT DOWN! PUT IT DOWN!" so she circles back and lands. She and the instructor find a huge bloody smear on the side of the aircraft, and walk the runway, worried about finding a dead homeless guy who had wandered into the airfield (given that this took place in New Jersey, it's not outside the realm of possibility.)

Instead of finding a dead stewbum, they find the decapitated corpse of a rather large deer. Never did find the head though, and her nickname became "Deerslayer."

Moral of the story is gently caress deer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM1Pxlh_EfQ

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

50 years ago on this date, the SR-71 made its maiden flight. Show some goddamn respect.

o7

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

The safeword is 'PT Belt'.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Hey, if it's good enough for vampires, it's good enough for me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TheObserver posted:

:frogout:

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
What?

It was a compliment!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TheObserver posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hellsing (the second one, not the lovely first one) is one of the handfull of pro as gently caress animes.

Its however a taint in the SR-71 reputation.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Hellsing (the second one, not the lovely first one) is one of the handfull of pro as gently caress animes.

Its however a taint in the SR-71 reputation.

I should have taken a dump in your box.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Please stop all talking relating to anime and the Blackbird. Have some goddamn decorum.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Please stop all talking relating to anime and the Blackbird. Have some goddamn decorum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I should have taken a dump in your box.

Just be glad im at work and unable to post the moest military anime pictures japan has ever made.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
this isn't the DLI thread you nerds

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Im so loving happy that the worst thing I ever did with anime was just... watching anime. No toys, no pillows, no posters, no loving any of the above, nothing. Just watching and being briefly in an anime club while i was in college almost a decade ago.

poo poo I still regret joining.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Dear God...now I feel that I should be saying :frogout: to you folk.

I'll...i'll leave now. Thanks.

Don't follow me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Let's Play is the worst subforum

bij
Feb 24, 2007

T-72s are prone to doing that because the stupid autoloader system stores shells and propellant in a silly carousel system in the turret rotation ring.

The BMP is prone to doing that because its stupid weird low pressure gun system stores rockets in an open ring around the gunner's seat.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

i loving wish

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That looks like a band coat.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Potential BFF posted:

T-72s are prone to doing that because the stupid autoloader system stores shells and propellant in a silly carousel system in the turret rotation ring.

The BMP is prone to doing that because its stupid weird low pressure gun system stores rockets in an open ring around the gunner's seat.

T-72s, and -64s/-80s/-90s for that matter, are fine for what they try to provide: a smallish tank with only three dudes, decent frontal protection (if upgraded, nowadays), and a big gun. Basically USSR Cold War doctrine.txt.

What they don't do well is provide post-penetration crew survivability or urban combat situational awareness, and you get crew comfort and sustainability problems with skint manning and tiny-rear end vehicles over time.

Also most BMPs you see in Syrian videos (or at least the nice ANNA News GoPro ones) are -2s which have an autocannon, not the stupid 73mm recoilless gun of the BMP-1.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Equine Don posted:

Service Guarantees Citizenship
"It's mandatory for next year's Air Force Ball."

"The new revision to AFI 36-2906 says I don't have to wear anything underneath this."

"I was going to spend the money we saved from retiring the A-10 on these."

"It'll be authorized for wear after we take Poland."

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Dec 23, 2014

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

For you, the day your MOS was closed to promotions was the most important day of your life.

But for me, it was Tuesday.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Is that a legit new USAF uniform, or just a concept/trial?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
When you become a high enough ranked officer, do you just spend all your time cosplaying military uniforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

• Locked thread