Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
These helicopters work just like in real life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYdfsQ8ig-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Getting an update on PS4 right now...

Wonder what's up?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

Getting an update on PS4 right now...

Wonder what's up?

Maybe snow

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Patch notes on PS4 just say it's a stability update.

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

Didn't see any snow yet, but there was a Christmas tree in my apartment.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GlitterBob posted:

That's been there a few days now.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Sorry I dropped last night, apparently GTA hated me.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Don't apologize unless it's your fault :P

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

GlitterBob posted:

I saw that, but am offended there was no menorah for the Jews.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

BitBasher posted:

Sorry I dropped last night, apparently GTA hated me.

No worries - everyone dropped. Then pootbarn came back - but there were only a few of us in the lobby.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
So is the snow not in game yet? I logged in and ran around a little bit, couldn't find any.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

No worries - everyone dropped. Then pootbarn came back - but there were only a few of us in the lobby.

Still hilarious that I got a message that I killed you while inside my apartment.

If there is a flock of new players for christmas, this week is going to suck.

Edit: Do Proximity Mines and Stickies beep for other players?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

geeves posted:

If there is a flock of new players for christmas, this week is going to suck. be loving awesome

hth

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Well, true, but if I can't connect because of them to fulfill my dreams of murder on a massive scale, what's the point?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Have they said if cross-platform play is going to be a thing? Planning to get this for PC but used to roll with the PS3 crew.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Akion posted:

Have they said if cross-platform play is going to be a thing? Planning to get this for PC but used to roll with the PS3 crew.

They can barely get it to work on platform soooooooo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Akion posted:

It's not, they've specifically said so.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

Still hilarious that I got a message that I killed you while inside my apartment.

I should have known that one of the other goons in the session beat me to the high priority vehicle.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
So you can put proximity mines on stationary vehicles that will explode when they start to move? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

geeves posted:

You presume other players pay enough attention to hear the beeps or even notice the loving bombs right there in plain sight. I've got plenty a kill with a sticky just by putting it on the floor or sticking it to a wall and waiting around the corner for them to go near it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

geeves posted:

Well, true, but if I can't connect because of them to fulfill my dreams of murder on a massive scale, what's the point?

We were havin all sorts of connection issues on 360 last night. And adding to it, I think the PS4/Bone releases have made a lot of people come back and try GTA online again and discover that its a lot of fun now.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

So you can put proximity mines on stationary vehicles that will explode when they start to move? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

While technically true, it will also blow up when anyone drives or walks past it.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

BitBasher posted:

While technically true, it will also blow up when anyone drives or walks past it.

Eh, that's good enough as a variation on the old "sticky bomb on a suspiciously vacant Cargobob" trick. As long as someone gets blown up I'm happy.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Patch notes on PS4 just say it's a stability update.
Patching money exploits from when they added the content :v:

Money's on snow only being on Christmas day and Christmas day only again too.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Which is a bit of a poo poo if you have to spend the day with family, who don't understand why you would rather blow up the detritus of the western world while driving a supercar in a once-a-year event, instead of sitting staring at whatever poo poo's on the beeb.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Eh, that's good enough as a variation on the old "sticky bomb on a suspiciously vacant Cargobob" trick. As long as someone gets blown up I'm happy.

Or for a player who uses a chopper to go shopping: http://youtu.be/eDOmj4iL9vc?t=25s

They can also be used like stickies if you throw them on a moving car. But instead it's more like a grenade fuse than waiting for detonation signal.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So today I learned that a Cargobob can still hold a vehicle while in passive mode, which means I can steal some mouthy kid's car, go passive, then laugh my rear end off when he uses his fancy new homing launcher to try and blow me up only to blow up his own car and leave me without a scratch.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

A guy ranked 578 in this lobby. Is that genuine? It feels like it's taken forever just to get to rank 33, I can't imagine the hours put into getting to 578.

Also, what's the fastest 4 door car?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Roobsa posted:

A guy ranked 578 in this lobby. Is that genuine? It feels like it's taken forever just to get to rank 33, I can't imagine the hours put into getting to 578.

Never understimate the power of poopsocking. Also it's been ~15 months since GTA:O was released.

E:578 would probably be in the top .01% of players though.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Pork Pie Hat posted:

God why didn't I think of this. Probably cause I assumed they explode when they attach.

Using proxy mines to essentially make ignition bombs would be awesome.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Roobsa posted:

While it could be poopsocking, it's more likely a product of the DNS hacks that were going around early in the year. One kill would level you up a huuuuge amount and drop millions in cash. Rockstar revoked most everyone's hacked cash, but left the hacked levels alone.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
They still haven't gotten my garage of adders. All ten still sitting pretty and fully upgraded.

:smug:

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Wee Bairns posted:

While it could be poopsocking, it's more likely a product of the DNS hacks that were going around early in the year. One kill would level you up a huuuuge amount and drop millions in cash. Rockstar revoked most everyone's hacked cash, but left the hacked levels alone.

What on earth is poopsocking?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Roobsa posted:

Maybe, but probably not.

It certainly is possible for them to have reached that level though legitimate means but for a couple of months right after GTA Online had launched people found out that Rockstar were sending their character files back and forth openly across their network and so all they needed to do was catch their file, edit the values and send it back. Doing this people could change their level as they pleased, set bounties between −2,147,483,648 and +2,147,483,647 as well as god mode and some other crazy stuff.

Rockstar rolled back a lot of people for abusing this, but for lots and lots of people nothing happened and so they were able to stay at their level with all their money.

I think Rockstar have fixed most of the glitches now with the exception of hiding in certain walls and buildings which you shouldn't be able to get into and people spawning car crushers and ferris wheels in your garage so you can't take your vehicles out, the last of which I believe is only happening on last gen consoles.

NeoSeeker posted:

They still haven't gotten my garage of adders. All ten still sitting pretty and fully upgraded.

:smug:

:hfive:

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 23, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Roobsa posted:

Also, what's the fastest 4 door car?

Could easily be legit, i know a lot of racers between 300-800, and I have two chars over 250 w/o exploits. Except for money exploits, of course.

E: exemplar I think

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think the Exemplar is a Coupe, the Schaefter is a good 4-door Sedan.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Policenaut posted:

I think the Exemplar is a Coupe, the Schaefter is a good 4-door Sedan.

Good point, ah, Roobsa, do you mean for racing sedan class, or just want the fastest 4 passenger vehicle?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

Good point, ah, Roobsa, do you mean for racing sedan class, or just want the fastest 4 passenger vehicle?

If the latter, wouldn't it be the Sultan?

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Hugh Malone posted:

Just the fastest 4 door passenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Also there was that RP glitch with Personal/World records or whatever where you could do a criminal records and get like a third of a level every lap, because it kept scaling with you. I got like 40 levels out of that in two days, I'm sure someone dedicated could've gotten like 200. And if you've played most days of the week for over a year (449 days) ... yeah, actually I can see it. Levelling up once you've got all the good equipment and poo poo is not hard, it just sorta rolls in if you do missions, races, etc.

so is it possible, yes, could it also be someone cheating, yes.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 23, 2014

• Locked thread