Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Roobsa posted:

What on earth is poopsocking?

Is this a serious question? It's when you poop in a sock so you don't have to get up from leveling your dude. I thought everyone had done this at one point or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

rally posted:

Is this a serious question? It's when you poop in a sock so you don't have to get up from leveling your dude. I thought everyone had done this at one point or another.

I thought it might be that but I wanted to give those people the benefit of the doubt. Misplaced optimism I guess.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

rally posted:

Haha, what? No, no.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Roobsa posted:

Just the fastest 4 door passenger.

Yeah, sultan, I forgot about that one

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Roobsa posted:

Also, what's the fastest 4 door car?
The only practical response here is a fully tuned Sultan. The Exemplar may be technically faster in a straight line on paper, but in any meaningful use the Sultan will beat the ever loving hell out of it and all other 4 door cars by a hilarious margin.

NeoSeeker posted:

They still haven't gotten my garage of adders. All ten still sitting pretty and fully upgraded.

:smug:

Oh, they are there, but cloned ones from hooker glitch days were flagged as non sellable.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Roobsa posted:

A guy ranked 578 in this lobby. Is that genuine? It feels like it's taken forever just to get to rank 33, I can't imagine the hours put into getting to 578.

Very possible, yes. I've only seen an handful over 500. I haven't seen as many as I saw before they fixed everyone's rank and money.

Even if ranking is logarithmic as you get to the higher ranks, it's easy to jump 1 or 2 levels if you do several missions and a few races each day. This was in the old days, when they had double payouts and we ran Rooftop Rumble for pretty much 2 hours straight, I jumped 10+ levels in an afternoon.

Don't be afraid to host a job and invite us as well. Host something like A Titan of a Job (which is basically a snipe fest and you can run it alone). There are quite a few of us that will usually join missions if invited. Just turn off matchmaking and invite crew members and / or friends. Or if you want to do a mission that you cannot yet access because it hasn't unlocked just ask! Most of us are willing to make money help out crew mates.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

BitBasher posted:

The only practical response here is a fully tuned Sultan. The Exemplar may be technically faster in a straight line on paper, but in any meaningful use the Sultan will beat the ever loving hell out of it and all other 4 door cars by a hilarious margin.

Oh, they are there, but cloned ones from hooker glitch days were flagged as non sellable.

For a while.

Some of mine returned to being sell able. Though I honestly can't remember which glitch I used to create my cloned Adders now. I do know that most were unsellable for a while but my most recent attempt allowed me to sell a few with only one failing, which I did shortly after buying the game on next gen. So its still worth trying them every so often. I think I still have 9 out of 20.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
They weren't cloned, they were bought. Like my third or fourth session someone gave me at least 100 million dollars. Not only that but much of my time was spent grinding coveted. And that one really quick race in the aqueducts. I had it down to a science. Reliably I could get hundreds of thousands of dollars in an hour.

When I think about it I can't remember if my adder stock is sellable or not. Even then I'd rather they just sit there and earn money the proper way.

Also you can't poopsock if you're wearing toe socks. It's called a combat dump. If you're going to forego personal hygiene in order to play a video game, at least do it with some dignity.

Does anyone want to rob liquor stores with a helicopter, like the old days?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 23, 2014

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Roobsa posted:

What on earth is poopsocking?

He doesn't know how to use the three sweatsocks.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
You don't ever actually wear tube-socks.

At least on your feet..

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

BitBasher posted:

I managed to sell all 14 (on PS3) the other day and they were all glitched with dead hookers and modified with that needlessly elaborate setup that intercepted your garage app purchases. I figured might as well sell them, since they're not worth it as an insurance - if Rockstar ever decides to take money away they may as well lock duped cars from being sold again...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Holy poo poo. Snow out of loving nowhere.

Like, literally, the landscape changed in the blink of an eye.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Snow!

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ahaha I blinked and it started snowing.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Traction SUCKS!

EDIT: Looks awesome! If you thought AWD cars were good before...

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

Holy poo poo. Snow out of loving nowhere.

Like, literally, the landscape changed in the blink of an eye.

Oh gently caress and I'm trapped at work until late tonight! I want to get my snow on!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

If I start a race and leave weather as "current" does it turn onto a clustferuck of automotive tobogganing?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

BitBasher posted:

If I start a race and leave weather as "current" does it turn onto a clustferuck of automotive tobogganing?

You can only have 'current' when it's snowing.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Looks like it's time to climb Mt Chiliad!

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I can't believe how pretty this game is with snow. There should be a setting somewhere to have it permanently enabled.

EDIT: btw, how do I take a native screenshot with the PS4? Double tapping the share button just starts recording video.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's mentioned on the tool tip on the bottom left of the Share menu, I think you hit share button then square.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
^^^or that, I don't know - I'm dumb as hell^^^

awesome-express posted:

EDIT: btw, how do I take a native screenshot with the PS4? Double tapping the share button just starts recording video.

You either hold it down, or press once. I have it configured that if I press it once it takes a screen shot.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh dang there's a way to configure it so a tap takes a screenshot? I gotta figure that out.

pennehh
Dec 4, 2009
Edit: nvm it stopped

pennehh fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 24, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I've got 1080p60 capture equipment and 100mbit upstream. Order me around and I'll see what I can do.

e: I'll just dump shots instead, need to do paperwork in a few minutes. poo poo's beautiful, authenthic feeling of distance fogging up with flakes and the blue-tint it gives

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 24, 2014

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So how do you pick up snow and throw snowballs? I tried everything and it doesn't work. Everyone else is pelting me with them :(

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Left D-pad, to pick up snow, then choose your empty hand in the weapon wheel.

Three snowballs killed the first NPC I threw snowballs at. I just wanted a friendly snowball fight :(

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Digging the way how after some driving you get snow spray accumulation around the wheel wells and lower body. They did a hell of a job with this.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Count Freebasie posted:

Digging the way how after some driving you get snow spray accumulation around the wheel wells and lower body. They did a hell of a job with this.

Not to deflate any balloons here but isn't that the same as dust accumulation, only colored white instead of tan?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

BitBasher posted:

It's to punish people who aren't smart enough to think of selling their duped Adders and using the dupe money to buy new ones.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Wee Bairns posted:

While it could be poopsocking, it's more likely a product of the DNS hacks that were going around early in the year. One kill would level you up a huuuuge amount and drop millions in cash. Rockstar revoked most everyone's hacked cash, but left the hacked levels alone.

No, most people had their level reset to match their real earned RP but everyone who wasn't banned kept all their level based unlocks.

So me for example, I got up to 126 and then was reset down to 68. But I got to keep all my stuff like miniguns and RPGs and it really made leveling back up to 110 so far easy.

Still, you see people with levels in the thousands occasionally, which is bizarre.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
There's an alarming disproportion of snow screenshots to the amount of time I have left at work tonight.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Neither snow nor rain

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you log into GTAO you get a free fireworks launcher and 5 fireworks, too.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

There's an alarming disproportion of snow screenshots to the amount of time I have left at work tonight.

I've discovered Narnia.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I've discovered Narnia.

:laffo: gat-dang is that mask scary.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

:laffo: gat-dang is that mask scary.

They should have made it so the mouth moves when you talk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

I'm not removing mask and helmet until the day they enter the character data and wipe it and patch the glitch that makes it possible. It's that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Just read this hilarious article about female avatars catfishing male players in GTAO.

gently caress you too buddy lol

• Locked thread