Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rockopete posted:

Also don't worry if your reload timer sometimes stops working--well, do worry, but all crosshair mods seem to be having issues with this.

Because WG deliberately broke them

Also, the Archer is incredibly awkward to use, you have to drive it backwards to get anywhere, but it doesn't turn around fast enough when you arrive, it's got no armour, no hp, and a low rate of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

rockopete posted:

Also don't worry if your reload timer sometimes stops working--well, do worry, but all crosshair mods seem to be having issues with this.
Considering this and the additional crosshair options added into the vanilla game a few patches ago, I don't get why anyone even bothers with crosshair mods anymore. :shrug:
Well, unless they're the kind of player who prefers the crazy flashy MLG crosshairs instead of a nice clear minimalistic one.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Chillyrabbit posted:

OMC modpack is the big one right now and some people use Aslain's

EDIT: while I'm here check it out! if you love anime tanks and got back into WoT because of GuP like me now you too can experience an anime tank in RL.

some assembly required

Haha holy poo poo, Dragon found a new and exciting way to sell the same old Tiger kit again. They're really a company that knows their audience. The German section of the catalog is later than the armour sections for all other nations combined.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Ensign Expendable posted:

Haha holy poo poo, Dragon found a new and exciting way to sell the same old Tiger kit again. They're really a company that knows their audience. The German section of the catalog is later than the armour sections for all other nations combined.

model manufacter seems to be platz, but honestly I don't see how you can have too much difference, probably added a couple of *kawaii decals* and called it a new thing.

EDIT: realize you are probably saying that dragon makes the basic tiger kit and then platz sticks in the new decals

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 24, 2014

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

It's also a Tiger P.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Where do goons hang out to play WOT?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Axetrain posted:

It's also a Tiger P.

Dragon already does a Tiger P, naturally.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Welp brought the 907 out, got Steppes, was teamkilled almost immediately by people trying to steal a kill. Good times.

Is that with Safe Stowage? Because you should always have Safe Stowage on almost every crew, specially Russian ones.

Couldn't imagine playing russian tanks without safe stowage, idk, I am thinking I just had bad rng / shot by 150mm guns, had another 5 games(mostly against meds few heavies) / died in 3 didnt take any module damage from deaths other than track damage. Tank feels like everything the 430 should have been. Also the cupolas are hilarious. After the initial growing pains, so far I really like the 907 and would say its the 2nd best ru med.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Re: The Tournament. Yeah, the format is a bit confusing. I guess we were declined, than accepted because they would have been short of teams otherwise. I had to leave early for reasons, but on the plus side we got at least one point for a technical draw!

The other days for the tournament are the 26th, 27th, and 28th. So Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sign up for them would start today. I'm not sure if there's enough interest to try and field a team though.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Welp brought the 907 out, got Steppes, was teamkilled almost immediately by people trying to steal a kill. Good times.

Is that with Safe Stowage? Because you should always have Safe Stowage on almost every crew, specially Russian ones.

Penetrating hits through the ufp from 300+ damage guns will damage your ammo rack with safe stowage active fairly regularly. Had a retarded scene against two bulba 907s where all three of us racked each other and spent the rest of the fight in slow motion.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Okay, now that I have several battles with it under my belt, I think I'm in love with the Archer.

The bass-ackwards movement isn't really that much of a hassle to work around (actually I think it's kinda fun somehow), and once I get into position the 17-pdr is pretty murderous. The base view range is adequate and thanks to the generous gun arc my binocs will stay active a lot.
You might think "Well yeah but the S35 CA has even more firepower and a huge gun arc". This is true, but the Archer has (I assume) much better camo, is a much smaller target, and can scoot backwards into cover in a heartbeat when it's spotted. The reverse speed really has saved my rear end a few times already.
This thing is definitely a keeper for me.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

rockopete posted:

If you're using Aslain's pack, try adding the "UP!" noise for when your shell is loaded as a backup measure if the crosshair counter glitches.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

14÷778= ???

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
12 pens, 14 connected. That is still just above 60 damage a shot on average though. 122mm derp perhaps?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

JuffoWup posted:

12 pens, 14 connected. That is still just above 60 damage a shot on average though. 122mm derp perhaps?

85mm HE

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
GD I love the Type59!
wotreplays.com/site/1453236

Ran from side to side, took too many hits, dished out a ton myself. Guess how many shots I missed?
drat it's hard to get a mastery in this thing.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If you're using Aslain's pack, try adding the "UP!" noise for when your shell is loaded as a backup measure if the crosshair counter glitches.

I have found that jumping in and out of sniper mode fixes the reload counter as well (with deegies sight at least).

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Calling the Valentine mediocre is an insult to mediocrity. It is BY FAR the worst tank in the game.

Stock ARL V39. Checkmate.

RandomPauI posted:

I'm sorry, there's been a last minute change of plans. I'll only be able to make it to the first two battles. Mom wants me to visit her in the hospital. Previously I was on her "don't talk to me unless I want to yell at you first list". I'm going to take this as a good sign that things will start getting better now :-).

On the minus side this means leaving for the hospital at 5 pm. I've reassigned the captain-ship to Airborne_Commisar because he has seniority going by alphabetical order.

Obama Christ, Paul, your life is like :smith: incarnate!

Szcwczuk posted:

Where do goons hang out to play WOT?

Teamspeak, and an in-game Goons channel, although that depends which region you're in.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
From Russia.jpg in gbs

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

After not playing WoT in months I came back today to play with some friends and ended up falling in love with my T37 and playing all day because Im avoiding phone calls from my family and its my vacation time, ok Dad Atomizer!?

I just unlocked the Bulldog and regretfully sold my T37, I ended up with a 67.44% WR over 86 games(down from 70% only 10 games ago :smith:) a ton of mastery badges and a bunch of angry T8 drivers calling me a reroll because there is just no way some autist with 3k games should be able to wipe the floor with their T8 heavy in a cute little T6 light.

:getin:

Also this thing has straight up stupid WN8, a round I did my HP in damage was like 2k WN8 and most games I was getting 4k+ WN8. Stat padding like mad.

e: First game in the bulldog with only the upgraded gun and 2k damage and 4k WN8. Jesus yes.

apseudonym fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 24, 2014

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Chillyrabbit posted:

some assembly required
I saw this at Yodobashi Camera and laughed when I saw the price. Basically double the cost for the same model but with anime stickers.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Good. Stupidity must be taxed.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Grosstractor and T-34-85M. Yes or no?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Burt posted:

Grub tractor :eng101:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Colonial Air Force posted:

Wasn't there some pastebin (I think from Hellsau?) that listed all the premium tanks and which were and were not worth buying?

That should be in the OP.

http://pastebin.com/x6pjZhDj

It's really helpful for scrubs like me, and I agree it should be in the op.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm about 1/3rd of the way done with the US mission. For the first few days I don't think I focused much on it but now that's my main tank focus. I figure I'll finish the USSR mission after that. Is anyone else trying to see how many missions they can get done before it comes time to buy tokens?

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Burt posted:

I think the consensus on the Gross is no(ooooo).

And Rossmum's effortpost on the 34-85M in the previous thread (summary: no).

quote:

A little more on the T-34-85M since I really do feel bad about just writing a tank off as poo poo, even if I think it is. In the interests of full disclosure I have only played a handful of games in it, but I couldn't stand it enough to play more.

In T-34-85M's favour:

Gunnery
- DPM advantage of 48HP/min
- 0.77s faster reload resulting in 1.6RPM advantage
- 12 extra shells carried
- Marginally better turret bloom
- Better bloom on full power turret traverse
- 3 degrees more elevation (fires better uphill)

Mobility
- 2 deg/s hull traverse advantage
- lol that's it

Survivability
- 30mm additional frontal armour
- 5mm additional rear armour (this barely matters)

Against T-34-85M:

Gunnery
- 18mm lower pen on AP (fairly significant at this tier; 144 is sufficient to fight many tier 8s, 126 is not)
- 20HP less alpha strike
- 158m/s slower shell velocity factors into lower pen and complicates leading at range
- 0.05 worse standing accuracy, for a quite poor 0.4
- 0.2s worse aim time, 2.4 is pretty piss poor for a high RoF gun
- Marginally worse track bloom on both movement and traverse (as much worse as turret bloom is better)
- Significantly worse bloom when tank is moving or turning at full speed

Mobility
- 100 less horsepower for a 2.32hp/t disadvantage
- 1km/h slower in forward speed - basically irrelevant due to being so close, but gently caress it, I'll list it just so you shitlers don't call me out on it later
- Worse terrain resistance across the board, slightly worse on hard terrain, significantly worse on both other types - and the T-34-85 already had pretty nasty resistance

Survivability
- 10m less view range
- Rather significantly worse camo across the board
- Longer target thanks to the big stupid engine deck overhang, all of which is a hitbox
- Significantly (i.e. nearly half) less hitpoints for engine, and worse fire resistance

So yeah, the only worthwhile advantage it has is the additional armour, which is worthless without pref MM and would be questionable even then. Incremental bonus to DPM is worthless as lower pen and worse gun handling means less chance to apply said DPM. Tank is overall actually more vulnerable in spite of its main selling point, the armour, and is much less likely to either win a fight or escape than the less sluggish and better-penning T-34-85.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
34m seems ok. I'm not sure if there's anything redeeming about the Grosstractor though. I want there to be something. I have TOG, I like big retarded tanks, but at least the TOG's gun is decent and it has lots of HP with limited MM. GT seems to have nothing going for it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
So if you like seal clubbing....there is no better time. Gift tank is out tier 2 German thing. With no pen. So far good fun in the 127, FCM, and Tetrarch.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Someone find me a way to get the Tetrarch and nothing else. I'll blow you.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Colonial Air Force posted:

Someone find me a way to get the Tetrarch and nothing else. I'll blow you.

I've been playing mine paired with a t18 and 750/800 damage games aren't a problem.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I really want one, but I don't care about the other tanks in that bundle.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

It is pretty much pure awesome. I usually platoon it with 1Cs as well because it is way more useful in tier 5 games.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 24, 2014

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

http://pastebin.com/x6pjZhDj

It's really helpful for scrubs like me, and I agree it should be in the op.

No KV-5, clearly a terrible list :colbert:

Just an FYI for anyone who hasn't been obsessively keeping up on WoT news, the E-25 is no longer available to buy in-game and will be gone from the online store sometime in January. After that you won't be able to buy it at all except through special sales which may not even happen given how OP it is, if the fate of the Type 59 is any guide.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It is pretty much pure awesome. I usually platoon it with 1Cs as well because it is way more useful in tier 5 games.

Stop tormenting me! :(

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So if you like seal clubbing....there is no better time. Gift tank is out tier 2 German thing. With no pen. So far good fun in the 127, FCM, and Tetrarch.

Time to dust off the 38H(f).

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
I have the urge to play my EU account again. Can I get an invite to 2PAC as DWelp?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

rockopete posted:

No KV-5, clearly a terrible list :colbert:

Just an FYI for anyone who hasn't been obsessively keeping up on WoT news, the E-25 is no longer available to buy in-game and will be gone from the online store sometime in January. After that you won't be able to buy it at all except through special sales which may not even happen given how OP it is, if the fate of the Type 59 is any guide.

It's also included in the premium shop sale that's on right now, so you can get it for like $22.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleWelp posted:

I have the urge to play my EU account again. Can I get an invite to 2PAC as DWelp?

Might wanna post in the PGS thread too to increase the chances of someone who can invite actually seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

A free tank you say?

E: Did 12 whole points of damage, got a 3rd class medal.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 24, 2014