Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh

when i dip you dip we dip

ArfJason posted:

I think that guy is ok but i find it appropiate that these other guys are diving like Robben at a mexican standoff

i dont understand this reference because i am from a first world country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW

serious gaylord posted:

I'll address your points in order.

1) Make the probation reason clear so this poster knows not to do that in future, since at the moment he has no idea what thing was wrong, and thus cannot change his behaviour.
2) Applying rules unevenly leads to mods getting jumped on for the slightest mistake.
3) Not investigating reports is rather silly and leads to people getting probated for the crime of being reported just to deal with it in the future.
4) Responding to genuine questions with ridiculous sarcasm and overt D&D style pointscoring like the explicit mentioning of usernames that were changed by an Admin 'to be funny' sort of flies in the face of Ralp asking for people to stop shitposting in this thread. What does your post achieve here? Or was it just made to be needlessly antagonising?

I'm sorry that I offended you by referring to you by your username.

African AIDS cum

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Kewpuh posted:

i think its because you've been identified as a whiny bitch baby fag and that person hasn't been

No way man

Puppy Galaxy

serious gaylord posted:

I'll address your points in order.

1) Make the probation reason clear so this poster knows not to do that in future, since at the moment he has no idea what thing was wrong, and thus cannot change his behaviour.
2) Applying rules unevenly leads to mods getting jumped on for the slightest mistake.
3) Not investigating reports is rather silly and leads to people getting probated for the crime of being reported just to deal with it in the future.
4) Responding to genuine questions with ridiculous sarcasm and overt D&D style pointscoring like the explicit mentioning of usernames that were changed by an Admin 'to be funny' sort of flies in the face of Ralp asking for people to stop shitposting in this thread. What does your post achieve here? Or was it just made to be needlessly antagonising?

I'm gonna be honest: you're a serious gaylord

African AIDS cum

It shouldn't be a posting crime to call a player on your own team a bitch and a pussy if he can't get off a block and make a tackle. That is a right we should all enjoy. Can the TFF mods comment.

trying to jack off

i fianlly started to get a pms from gunky junket and we are going to fall in love. merry christmas all, stay safe these holidays

Burt Sexual

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XyloJW posted:

That's a good posate

the worst thing is

by FactsAreUseless
Gunky junket : a true forums starlet

Burt Sexual

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Flying Fish posted:

i fianlly started to get a pms from gunky junket and we are going to fall in love. merry christmas all, stay safe these holidays

I got a thread for u!

Plafop

by Ralp
I'm pretty sure one of my bans is for refusing to acknowledge Joe Flacco's elite status, unironically.

THE PENETRATOR

by Lowtax
i should be the football mod

pog boyfriend

holy poo poo how the gently caress are you still complaining about this 1 day probation

Gunky Junket

by Ralp

my pog boyfriend posted:

holy poo poo how the gently caress are you still complaining about this 1 day probation

It's the principle of the matter.

Principles, man. Some people don't live with them, but communities can't survive and self-destruct without them.

DarksydePhilFish

tabarnak ack ack

Plafop posted:

I'm pretty sure one of my bans is for refusing to acknowledge Joe Flacco's elite status, unironically.

You look to be a pretty terrible poster, but still lmao at the post where you got banned for saying that NFL quarterback is actually a good job to have.

Gunky Junket

by Ralp

"So, what did you get for Chrissy, dude?"

☆。★。☆。★
。☆ 。☆。☆
★。\|/。★
—  Herpes! —
★。/|\。★
。☆。 ☆。☆。
★  ☆。 ★。 ☆

--------------------------

Hope you all, friends and foes alike, have a safe and merry Christmas. :D

This year I put in a request to Santy for a big bottle of Great-Post Formula, so hopefully things will get better if he comes through for me. We can only hope. *fingers crossed*

serious gaylord

what.

XyloJW posted:

You havent offended me at all. You're just ignoring all the questions in a serious post and then giving it a poo poo post answer. How is that contributing to this thread in any way? You lot complain that you get nothing but negative feedback and over reaction and yet you cant have the courtesy to reply genuinely to a proper question. Do you not see why this antagonises people?

sub supau

Except in this case you're literally the only person who gives a gently caress.

XyloJW

serious gaylord posted:

You havent offended me at all. You're just ignoring all the questions in a serious post and then giving it a poo poo post answer. How is that contributing to this thread in any way? You lot complain that you get nothing but negative feedback and over reaction and yet you cant have the courtesy to reply genuinely to a proper question. Do you not see why this antagonises people?

Except my response wasn't a shitpost. You just seem to think it was because I used your username (:psyduck:). I politely gave you three possible explanations of that probation that explained why no one else got probated and you got pissed that I referred to you by the wrong name and insisted that mods should read and judge every post in every gameday thread before issuing a short probation, you nut.

African AIDS cum

XyloJW posted:

Except my response wasn't a shitpost. You just seem to think it was because I used your username (:psyduck:). I politely gave you three possible explanations of that probation that explained why no one else got probated and you got pissed that I referred to you by the wrong name and insisted that mods should read and judge every post in every gameday thread before issuing a short probation, you nut.

Isnt it your job as admin to see if the post is probation worthy before approving it or do you just rubber stamp everything?

HJB

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
While it is nice that serious gaylord is into day three of flexing his D&D muscles in this thread over a 24 hour probation, and I'm sure that African AIDS cum appreciates the concern he is showing, perhaps it's for the best to let it go for the time being, enjoy the holiday season, and come back in the new year with renewed vigour and disdain at the irony of calling the forum the football "funhouse" when everyone isn't sick to death of the endless loving whining and bitching YOU MARDY oval office.

Season's greetings, all.

serious gaylord

what.

XyloJW posted:

That isnt what happened at all and you're ignoring everything else in the post. You made a lovely one liner at the end of your post regarding overturning an already finished probation and did the typical D&D method of typing out an offensive username to try and 'own' the person that has it. I never once said they should read and judge every post in a game day thread.

Stuff like this too

quote:

I don't know, it's Christmas time so I haven't had time to fully debrief said mod, but I promise it's my highest priority right now.

Doesnt help either now does it?

sub supau

Have you considered being a slightly more joyful gaylord?

VideoGames

serious gaylord posted:

You made a lovely one liner at the end of your post regarding overturning an already finished probation

but that was the best bit

FactsAreUseless

So is this just like a thing where you've argued about refereeing so much you've forgotten how to switch that off in every other part of your life?

ArfJason
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

FactsAreUseless posted:

So is this just like a thing where you've argued about refereeing so much you've forgotten how to switch that off in every other part of your life?

The bald chinese referee from pro evolution soccer is my fated enemy

Shit Farm

The Flying Fish posted:

im happy for you

Effectronica

serious gaylord posted:

That isnt what happened at all and you're ignoring everything else in the post. You made a lovely one liner at the end of your post regarding overturning an already finished probation and did the typical D&D method of typing out an offensive username to try and 'own' the person that has it. I never once said they should read and judge every post in a game day thread.

Stuff like this too

Doesnt help either now does it?

This post is highly offensive to the eyes and the brain and I wish you would stop making posts like it.

a bay

by Lowtax
I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to the moderators and administrators, except for the Jewish ones, and to Gunky Junket as well.

CowboyKid

XyloJW posted:

Why not ask the mod who made the probation explain why he did it instead of guessing as to why?

And now we can call people fags Kewpuh?

Probably Magic

Looking cute, feeling cute.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i should be the football mod

You'll have to do a quiz if you want to get it. There's just one question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvNzhKTXweQ

Keg
A good mod prank is to make posting in GBS illegal tomorrow so that posters are forced to spend time with friends and family who love them very much on Christ's special day

jalopybrown

Keg posted:

A good mod prank is to make posting in GBS illegal tomorrow so that posters are forced to spend time with friends and family who love them very much on Christ's special day

They should close all of the forums over the holiday period so the mods and admins can chillax and avoid trolls attacking them & saying they have no lives for spending time dealing with issues just because they do so Christmas day or new years eve

African AIDS cum

CowboyKid posted:

Why not ask the mod who made the probation explain why he did it instead of guessing as to why?

And now we can call people fags Kewpuh?

Yeah this, why always circle the wagons instead of answering a simple question

Earthy Ape Unit

by XyloJW
Has anyone looked into this irc connection and who is pulling the strings here?

I want probation decisions made by the moderation team, not goons who sit in a football irc channel.

Please confirm.

Plafop

by Ralp
Make the mod forum public. We need more transparency in moderation, not decisions made behind a closed door in a smoke filled room.

pog boyfriend

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Has anyone looked into this irc connection and who is pulling the strings here?

I want probation decisions made by the moderation team, not goons who sit in a football irc channel.

Please confirm.

its actually me behind everything :twisted:

lesbian baphomet

Keg posted:

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Keg posted:

Speaking as a Jew, I find this suggestion of forced conversion very offensive.

CowboyKid
What's the point of this thread if suggestions and questions are mocked and ignored?

Tell us what "bad posts" are and why. Let people know what they can and cannot post.

Be consistent.

This is a website that people have paid for. If you complained to Netflix or some service and got a response of
"You're a bad customer " or "LoL u gay" it would be unacceptable.

Now because you are unpaid janitors doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make the place better, but explain why you ban somebody, not just "Bad Posting"

If you don't want people to use certain words, fine make rules and stand by them. Don't ban for jokes you don't find funny or posters who you disagree with or annoy you and your posting buddies.

I like reading the forums, but they used to be better.

Ready to be ignored and/or mocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend

CowboyKid posted:

What's the point of this thread if suggestions and questions are mocked and ignored?

Tell us what "bad posts" are and why. Let people know what they can and cannot post.

Be consistent.

This is a website that people have paid for. If you complained to Netflix or some service and got a response of
"You're a bad customer " or "LoL u gay" it would be unacceptable.

Now because you are unpaid janitors doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make the place better, but explain why you ban somebody, not just "Bad Posting"

If you don't want people to use certain words, fine make rules and stand by them. Don't ban for jokes you don't find funny or posters who you disagree with or annoy you and your posting buddies.

I like reading the forums, but they used to be better.

Ready to be ignored and/or mocked.

this is a comedy website

• Locked thread