Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

There's an alarming disproportion of snow screenshots to the amount of time I have left at work tonight.

I feel your pain, Luigi. :reject::respek::(

from the wayback machine:

Psion posted:

I maintain you bought it for yourself and this whole "early present" thing is a fiction to try and keep your cred.
Nope... I held out... fought the good fight... they straight up bought the black friday bundle for me after I had casually mentioned offhand that I was trying to resist the urge to get it. :toot:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
http://youtu.be/hfxQyUaRWmk snow

vvvvv only chumps wait for vehicles to stop to get out.

SamuraiPaul fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 24, 2014

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Now I can't wait to hop on. Love the final car leap. Lmao

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
That slick tie with Nv3rt earned me my first GTA5 trophy since June :rice:

:laffo: gat-dang is that mask scary.

It can sense when you're afraid. That's how it feeds.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I just lost a car, I think that the 3rd property could be messing up the overflow storage system that was added in 1.16.

I found a Phoenix out in the wild and decided I wanted to keep it, so I put it in the garage where I keep the muscle cars. That garage was full, but the other 2 weren't. The game asked if I wanted to move a car to storage, so I did. I figured I would call it up out of storage and put it in one of the other garages, but there's no Storage option when I call the mechanic. It also isn't in any of the garages.

It was only a Futo, but it was fully upgraded. rip futo

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Spent a good chunk of the day doing snow races w/ GlitterBob n crew, first and only time I've actually had 30 people in a 30 person race. It was bonkers to say the least!

If you thought pubbies couldn't drive before, oh ho ho, this is easy money. Managed $25,600 and ~5k RP per >24 person race or so. Had to do 3-5 laps tho.

I managed to kill a rando with the fireworks launcher, unfortunately it was during the daytime and through a pine tree :saddowns:

I wish they'd add snow as a weather option for races year round!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Duke Chin posted:

Nope... I held out... fought the good fight... they straight up bought the black friday bundle for me after I had casually mentioned offhand that I was trying to resist the urge to get it. :toot:

continued lies here from Duke Chin. More from WEZL news, after the break.

also 360 and snow (aka "darkness") continue to look kind of like poo poo, but it's been bad at anything dark in gtao since launch.

bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egxN_PJL5xk

good despite being bad: http://gfycat.com/TerribleDecisiveIndri

Ran that second mission with a guy who's never done a Martin mission because it gave us the GTAO intro cutscene afterwards. So I taught him where to get the Lazers and let him fly one first before I took off. I hope he had fun :3:

also Rockstar did not make Martin's shoes make snow footprints in the cutscene, IMMERSION DESTROYED. loving cheap hacks, Rockstar!!! :argh:

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

Managed to get a pic of the snowball coming at me in midair. Love this whole Christmas update, haha.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Please tell me the snow will last a little longer tonight...

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
The snow ended five minutes ago...it's currently raining frogs.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Managed to secure a simeon car and sell a normal one, with snow. The game is still fun, however I got my :siren: FIREWORKS LAUNCHER :siren: :hellyeah: gently caress yes. so happy!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, I've lost my GTAO progress because I started a new PSN when I got my ps4? This sucks, I had neat cars and a nice joint.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hope they keep the snow for at least a few days this year. How about the clothes and cars, will they be gone as well?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Holy poo poo, Otiosely, that splashdown into the cove was fuckin close :stare:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

SplitSoul posted:

Hope they keep the snow for at least a few days this year. How about the clothes and cars, will they be gone as well?

The cars will stay.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo, Otiosely, that splashdown into the cove was fuckin close :stare:

A perfect example of falling with style.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Holy poo poo, Judging the Jury can be a terrible mission to play with pubbies. Thankfully I had a buzzard which helped immensely.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

omg chael crash posted:

So, I've lost my GTAO progress because I started a new PSN when I got my ps4? This sucks, I had neat cars and a nice joint.

No option to transfer appeared? On Character Selection?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

MrLonghair posted:

No option to transfer appeared? On Character Selection?

I don't think it will show up since he has a completely different PSN account.

burntloser
Mar 28, 2006

Quilted for her pleasure.
God, I'm garbage at races. Any suggestions to not suck?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

blackguy32 posted:

I don't think it will show up since he has a completely different PSN account.

Doh, missed. And that sucks.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Going back to Sultan-chat for a moment, do they spawn regularly enough for me to find one Online, or will I have to stop being cheap and buy one?

burntloser
Mar 28, 2006

Quilted for her pleasure.
They're not too bad.
I brought a Sports car to Sandy Shores and there were a few spawned on the streets with little to no effort.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Going back to Sultan-chat for a moment, do they spawn regularly enough for me to find one Online, or will I have to stop being cheap and buy one?

I'm not sure you can actually buy it online, at least I couldn't find it. But head over to Sandy Shores and the best bet is that long road on the lake side.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I went looking for one at the prison and found one on my first go.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

omg chael crash posted:

If you can have more than one user on a ps4 (can you?) couldn't you just sign in with your old psn and play gta on that account?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

burntloser posted:

bitbasher.txt

this should be a thing, Bit

(the best nugget of advice I've been given was brake early, accelerate early)

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Wait, did they really handle 360 to PS4 transfer better than PS3 => PS4?

The only thing I needed was to log into the Rockstar Social Club to trasnfer.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Roobsa posted:

I went looking for one at the prison and found one on my first go.

I had similar luck, the first car I saw after crossing the tracks at Sandy Shores was a Sultan. I smacked the owner about a bit with a baseball bat and bosh.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hugh Malone posted:

If you can have more than one user on a ps4 (can you?) couldn't you just sign in with your old psn and play gta on that account?

Yeah, I just didn't want to have to pay for my old PSN account as well. Shrug.

I'll probably do this.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Roobsa posted:

What on earth is poopsocking?
I know it was a few pages ago but I want to go back to this level of innocence.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Head to the northernmost mod shop (i think it's northernmost, its the one that isn't a Los Santos customs up in blaine county) and check the houses directly north of it, I have without fail found a sultan there every time I've gone looking for one with a friend.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah, I just didn't want to have to pay for my old PSN account as well. Shrug.

I'll probably do this.

I forgot the new Gen costs $ :/ :ps3:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Also wanna say the elegy owned bones last night in the snow, howevere if i did wipe out Zenzizenzizenzic was right there in his jester :)

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I know it was a few pages ago but I want to go back to this level of innocence.

It's far too late for that. Far far too late.

Last night was some fun stuff. Helicopter pursuits, murderous rampage, goon on goon violence love, Lazer king of the hill, and a wonderful snow ball fight :allears:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The snow is turning the car races into the most fun thing I have had in years

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

You haven't lost anything. You could just use your old PSN on your new PS4 for GTA:O to continue your old character. The only possible way it might work with your new PSN is if you can change the PSN account linked to R* Social Club, and I don't know if that is possible.

Edit: you only need one PS+ account on a PS4 in order to play online. However, if you let your old account lapse then you will lose access to all of the PS+ games you have accumulated.

the truth fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 24, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

julian assflange posted:

The snow is turning the car races into the most fun thing I have had in years

the snow does rule. i was wasting a couple people that usually waste me in races because of it

im like senna, adverse conditions are my friend

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Snapmatic is down :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

burntloser posted:

The following won't mean poo poo if you can't control your car. Find the best cars for you in each class. They each drive differently so find one with which you feel comfortable. Which to start with? This is covered in the second post of this thread. But don't let that be a definitive list. None of these "rules" will do you well for a race in which pubbies play king of the mountain and constantly try to rear-end you, use the PIT maneuver against you, race the track in reverse or just simply exist, or a race with traffic and constantly altering your drivelines, but they can help in the grand scheme of racing.

• Don't race with pubbies.
  • Learn by doing more technical races (throttle control, cornering, basic control of your vehicle) you wont' find these by R* or even ones that are Verified. The ones that get verified are the easy ones or the ones that cause the most mayhem. I like a lot of the crew made races and I try to make my races more technical with few straights and more hairpins and quicker tighter turns which are more than 100 degrees.
  • Look at the map while the lobby joins up. (Square PS4 / X Xbone). Unless you've raced the map before you can guess what you're in for. The only lovely thing R* doesn't do is show you the direction of a lap race.
  • Learn how to corner and attack a turn (see images below). Do this both solo and with others so you can properly overtake an opponent. The Forza guys will recommend an 80s video with a bald guy wearing daisy dukes. The video is very informative, but 90 minutes long. R* may have rear end in a top hat physics but they're pretty decent when it comes to racing.
  • I hate slipstreaming personally, but can appreciate it because when it is on for a race it doesn't guarantee victory if you're only a few car lengths ahead, or if you win because of it you can incite rage from the would-be-winner. That you can slipstream from 25 yards away is completely hosed up. "Oh, you can't turn? Well, on the straights you can make all that up from so far back".
  • Don't hold the throttle at max unless you're sure of a straight. Especially don't hold it at max while going into turns. 90% of accidents happen in turn 1 (actually make that every turn) because of this. Pubbies hold that throttle so intensely it's miraculous that they haven't broken their controller yet. This also goes into changes in elevation as your vehicle can easily take flight with a sudden drop in elevation causing problems if there is a turn soon after. Also going up a steep hill into a turn can easily be a ramp and send you off course.
  • Don't break while you're in the turn. Breaking while in the turn is how you spin out plus you can lose a lot of speed / momentum.
  • Do break before turning into a tight turn. The old adage when taking turns (especially tighter turns) is the slower you seem to be taking the turn, the better your race line and apex probably are. However, the majority of street races (in which Super cars are always chosen by a pubbie host) they feature a lot of room to move and wide sweeping turns. You most likely don't have to break, but may have to let up on a throttle just a tad so you don't lost control or sail wide.
  • Find the apex and hit it correctly so you're accelerating out of the turn. For example, you might shave 0.1 / 0.2 seconds (or more) off of each turn, over the course of a 10-15 turn lap that can turn into a 1-3 second lead, just from knowing how to corner. If you do this correctly you will notice the difference in velocity as you exit the turn.

And a tighter, hairpin turn:

Or a more complex hairpin:

geeves fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 24, 2014

• Locked thread