Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hugh Malone posted:

the snow does rule. i was wasting a couple people that usually waste me in races because of it

im like senna, adverse conditions are my friend

It would be cool if after snow was an option for custom lobbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Everything in Geeve's post is excellent, but I would like to make a suggestion...

The following image is a good way to corner:

...As long as people are not trying to murder or driving like loving idiots, neither we do not have the luxury of. Instead, you may want to try something like this:

Pubbies drive like the pink line. They hug the inside, then brake early and clog poo poo up, and like have to brake at the end of the corner or hit poo poo. It's a clusterfuck.To help with this a lot take an outside-in late apex corner. In a nutshell You swing outside and brake a little later, but since you are so far outside you end up with a loner acceleration period because you can gun ir both before and after the apex. This means less time in the pubbie retard zone, and if done right you can you shoot through the cars and avoid them because they are a 60 degree angle to you. The corner is technically a little slower but in our case it lets threats be in front of you and able to be avoided instead of just throwing a hail mary and letting pubbies do their thing all around you. It keeps you outside of the pack a lot more letting you react to things instead of just getting hosed. It really works.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Most of my experience with pubbies is them all plowing into the first turn without braking at all., causing a pileup that takes 90% of the field with them. If your starting out front, i like to stick way far inside and brake early for the first corner to let the mass of idiots pile into the barrier and hopefully leave you alone.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

A perfect example of falling with style.

Indeed. We were this close to dying in a fiery explosion.

e; okay this one was funny too

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 24, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So can we keep the snowy Los Santos? Or at least make it like a randomized lobby thing or let us make jobs with it? I'd love to have snowy drift races or snowball fight jobs.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Policenaut posted:

So can we keep the snowy Los Santos? Or at least make it like a randomized lobby thing or let us make jobs with it? I'd love to have snowy drift races or snowball fight jobs.

That sounds like too much fun. Sorry. Maybe R* will consider it after they improve the antiquated way customized vehicles are handled in single player.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Where exactly do photos go take you take with your cellphone? I save them, it says saving to gallery but there are no photos on my Social Club page.

Edit: Nevermind. It's in the game menu. Duh.

Roobsa fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 24, 2014

burntloser
Mar 28, 2006

Quilted for her pleasure.

geeves posted:

<excellent poo poo>

BitBasher posted:

<more excellent poo poo>

Thanks, dudes! This is exactly what I was looking for. I was halfway decent at Forza III, but I'm still new to R*'s janky physics. I'll try to treat it more like a racing sim than I have been and see where I get.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Roobsa posted:

Where exactly do photos go take you take with your cellphone? I save them, it says saving to gallery but there are no photos on my Social Club page.

Edit: Nevermind. It's in the game menu. Duh.

But also if you want to grab them on the web, they'll be in http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

julian assflange posted:

It would be cool if after snow was an option for custom lobbies

your forums name is loving great man

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BitBasher posted:

Everything in Geeve's post is excellent, but I would like to make a suggestion...

The following image is a good way to corner:

...As long as people are not trying to murder or driving like loving idiots, neither we do not have the luxury of. Instead, you may want to try something like this:

Pubbies drive like the pink line. They hug the inside, then brake early and clog poo poo up, and like have to brake at the end of the corner or hit poo poo. It's a clusterfuck.To help with this a lot take an outside-in late apex corner. In a nutshell You swing outside and brake a little later, but since you are so far outside you end up with a loner acceleration period because you can gun ir both before and after the apex. This means less time in the pubbie retard zone, and if done right you can you shoot through the cars and avoid them because they are a 60 degree angle to you. The corner is technically a little slower but in our case it lets threats be in front of you and able to be avoided instead of just throwing a hail mary and letting pubbies do their thing all around you. It keeps you outside of the pack a lot more letting you react to things instead of just getting hosed. It really works.

look about right, bit?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

burntloser posted:

Thanks, dudes! This is exactly what I was looking for. I was halfway decent at Forza III, but I'm still new to R*'s janky physics. I'll try to treat it more like a racing sim than I have been and see where I get.

The physics in this game aren;t really janky at all, the cars just have a pile more traction than they should. Everything else physics wise works generally just like it should.

Hugh Malone posted:

look about right, bit?

Damnit, I should have put arrows on my image. I just noticed right now that it's ambiguous and I am dumb.

Approaching the corner counterclockwise hard brake while straight, as soon as you start turning light throttle through the sharpest part of the turn, then as soon as you straighten out give it as much throttle as possible heading towards the straight.

Do it enough times and you will learn how far from the corner you have to brake at what speeds. There's just no way to explain how far without experience. When going downhill you need to brake sooner and gas less, while going uphill you can brake later and gas more.

GTA cars have a chunk more traction that cars in the real world so you can get on the gas earlier than you could in other racing games like Gran Turismo of Forza.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I really think it's more like

E: this depicts a right turn since I'm not going back and adding arrows

titties fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 24, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

drat you last gen screenshots :smith:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

titties posted:

Yeah, that pretty well matches what I have seen :v:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

lolosphere

i did ok on the lil crt at my moms last night, let us carve penis shaped etchings into the snow later my friend

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Bwaahaha. Unless it's broken again, I just set an actual world record for Los Santos GT Inner Loop in the snow, in Supers.

EDIT: Pubbies tried again, set catch up and slip stream on, changed it to Sports Classics. Things did not go well for them. I typed all this up before second place crossed the finish line. Another world record for Sports Classics. I won by 33 seconds out of 3 minutes total race time. Jesus Sports Classics are an adventure right now. It's driving a greased pig. It's awesome.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 24, 2014

titties
May 10, 2012

Hugh Malone posted:

let us carve penis shaped etchings into the snow later my friend

ok

I did try to go back and make my squiggly trajectory line into a Dick Butt, but as it turns out I am bad at drawing a Dick Butt in corel pro photo paint shop xtreme

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I have a new declaration:

If you want to learn how traction works for taking corners in GTA go drive a Coquette Classic in the snow. It multiplies all your fuckups by about a thousand. Pick a street course with corners and practice until you can do laps without losing control. If you can do this, everything else will be cake, and an an AWD car will be like cheating.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i should have known this but it's especially bad now that a bunch of people are playing for the first time, missions with pubbies is a nightmare like 75% of the time. if they aren't talking at all, they're talking in a foreign language to someone in the background, not even in game, and they flip mission critical trailers and crash mission critical planes constantly

but yes i should have known. it's more noticeable when i'm 100k away from a buzzard

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

BitBasher posted:

I have a new declaration:

If you want to learn how traction works for taking corners in GTA go drive a Coquette Classic in the snow. It multiplies all your fuckups by about a thousand. Pick a street course with corners and practice until you can do laps without losing control. If you can do this, everything else will be cake, and an an AWD car will be like cheating.

Will a Carbonizzaire do? I have like next to no GTAbux.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like playing missions with pubbies because it makes the missions more interesting :(

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Yeah similarly horrible in the snow

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

pfister comet is great if you like doing donuts

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey BitBasher, what do you recommend for the Sedan and Coupe class? I've got a Schafter and an Exemplar but I wanted to know what you've got and what makes them so good.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

im pooping! posted:

i should have known this but it's especially bad now that a bunch of people are playing for the first time, missions with pubbies is a nightmare like 75% of the time. if they aren't talking at all, they're talking in a foreign language to someone in the background, not even in game, and they flip mission critical trailers and crash mission critical planes constantly

but yes i should have known. it's more noticeable when i'm 100k away from a buzzard

My favourite pubbie fuckup is blowing up the truck that's blocking the hanger on titan of a job. Whenever that job comes up its a race against time to just move that loving truck before some dipshit explodes it.

Then you still have to gamble on someone knowing what the gently caress to do with the titan because while you're getting out of the truck every other player just made a beeline for it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Bobtista posted:

My favourite pubbie fuckup is blowing up the truck that's blocking the hanger on titan of a job. Whenever that job comes up its a race against time to just move that loving truck before some dipshit explodes it.

Then you still have to gamble on someone knowing what the gently caress to do with the titan because while you're getting out of the truck every other player just made a beeline for it.

If you run Titan of a Job alone, blow it up and it may despawn - it has several times for me. It's one less thing to take care of.

titties
May 10, 2012

During yesterday's races someone told me I was the hottest snowman they've ever seen.

I concur

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

ugh did lizard squad strike again? i just got booted off and now i cant play because it's a digital version and it can't connect to the sony server for license verification

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

im pooping! posted:

ugh did lizard squad strike again? i just got booted off and now i cant play because it's a digital version and it can't connect to the sony server for license verification

According to their Twitter, PSN is offline due to them.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

If anything the Carbonizarre is even harder to drive because it has even more ridiculous low end torque. So yeah!

Basically you want to drive anything with a pile of power and good front to back balance. Carbonizarre fits there.

Policenaut posted:

Hey BitBasher, what do you recommend for the Sedan and Coupe class? I've got a Schafter and an Exemplar but I wanted to know what you've got and what makes them so good.

Schafter and Exemplar here too.

Schafter because it's among the best for traction and can take a spoiler, while it has excellent acceleration. As a note, the Tailgater begins with essentially the exact same stats which causes some people to say it works well, but after fully upgrading it the Schafter gets bigger benefits from its upgrades and ends up with better acceleration, enough to make a noticeable difference.

The Exemplar is top of the pack for accel, top speed and traction. After the spoiler update I am told the Zion and Felon are competitive too, but I haven't tried them personally.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Rockstar just gave me an exclusive red stocking mask for some reason.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are you making GBS threads me with this Lizard Squad business?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Rockstar just gave me an exclusive red stocking mask for some reason.

Festive surprise I guess

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Bobtista posted:

I always want to say I will never understand why retards take the Titan knowing full well that they have no clue how to land it and are going to ruin the mission for everyone, then I realize it's GTA Online and probably 90% of the player population is under age 14

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

Festive surprise I guess

I appreciate the serial killer motif, but it's no gingerbread.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Looks like I won't get a chance to check out the snow thanks to the DDOS crap.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

I can log into PSN on my PS3 so at least I can see the snow there. Forgot how long the load times were though.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
But...that's so boring. I'm just going to go do something else. Enjoy your nerd hard on I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm in, it;s snowing. Where do I get the fireworks?

[edit] Nevermind, da-doy.

But how do I do snowball fights?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 25, 2014

• Locked thread