Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Captain Log posted:

If my neurologist clears me I say you and I...and as many other idiots we can get should train our rear end off for a year and go get beaten to death on RUSSIAN TELEVISION PRAISE PUTIN!

as a dude who posts with you on the internet i just wanna remind you that just because you're not drinking doesn't mean you have to make horrible life destroying decisions to fill that void of chaos.

you totally can, but you don't have to is all i'm saying. namaste for your crimea croaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Captain Log posted:

So basically all of the weekend warrior goons should band together and challenge a country we want to visit to a big ole MMA ho down.

Coker can sell it as the "Wish-I-was-Asian Invasion"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

maffew buildings posted:

as a dude who posts with you on the internet i just wanna remind you that just because you're not drinking doesn't mean you have to make horrible life destroying decisions to fill that void of chaos.

you totally can, but you don't have to is all i'm saying. namaste for your crimea croaking

I swear to God if I get cleared by a doctor to go back to training I'm going to think long and hard after possibly working up to some low level amateur bouts in the states.

Also, did you see just how God damned loving bad some of the MMA linked a few pages ago was? I'm talking about going to one of these places where attributes like "Not a really fat guy with a pony tail" and "has been to a gym" would put you head and shoulder's above the competition. Do you have any idea how much fun getting to fight in an Oplot-ish level promotion could be even if you get pasted? Cause I think the answer is, "a whole lot."

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Kron Gracie seems to have won his mma debut with a first round armbar, but I don't think there's video yet.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Bellator is in discussion with Alberto Del Rio according to Scott Coker.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/23/7438867/bellator-in-talks-with-former-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio

quote:

Could Rodriguez return to MMA with Bellator next? Coker likes the idea.

"He's had a lot of great MMA fights and I just think that would be a fun time to see him fight some of the guys we have on our roster," Coker said.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Could someone give this some context because I don't know who he is.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

He's a pro wrestler luchadore guy who had a nine-year MMA run that included getting his poo poo wrecked by Cro Cop while wearing his mask. He hasn't fought since 2010 and has fought almost entirely cans, so he's the kind of guy for Coker to pay lots of money.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Could someone give this some context because I don't know who he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq0-Ia6n15o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWZAETaszE4

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bluedeanie posted:

He's a pro wrestler luchadore guy who had a nine-year MMA run that included getting his poo poo wrecked by Cro Cop while wearing his mask. He hasn't fought since 2010 and has fought almost entirely cans, so he's the kind of guy for Coker to pay lots of money.

Oh i thought he'd be a real dude or something

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alberto Del Rio vs. Bobby Lashley is the MMA fight I never knew I wanted to see until now.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/doscarasjr/interview.html NEVER FORGET

quote:

PRIDE: Are you wearing the mask?

Caras: No, I'm not wearing it. It's impossible. For the other fighters, it's not a problem. They are wrestlers. Or if they kick, they kick the legs, not the head. If I wear the mask, I cannot see. Especially, Mirko has a weird kick from the side. I know people like it but, if I use the mask, my head will explode.

and then, he used the mask

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

eshock posted:

Kron Gracie seems to have won his mma debut with a first round armbar, but I don't think there's video yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er7zcLiTZ8w

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

lol @ the Royce Gracie striking

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
"My head will explode" was prophetic, as they had to surgically remove the mask from his face

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
You really don't need to read this article; the title is plenty

Tito Ortiz claims UFC 180 did 80K PPV buys, and he fought Bonnar with one eye

:ortiz:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

fatherdog posted:

MMA Junkie posted:

“I was happy with it,” Ortiz continued. “I thought the PR I did prior, I thought (that would help) the number be at least two million.”

I love that even when a journalist adds parenthetical words to try to render Tito more intelligible, it still comes out as mostly gibberish.

:ortiz: posted:

“I fought great enough to get enough to get a win, and that’s all I had to do,” he said.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I love those days in which they were promoting Tito as the charismatic young superstar with the silver tongue.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The eloquent charm of Gay Metzger is My Bitch

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm at my parents place waiting for a movie to download so I googled "tito ortiz press conference" and suffered through his cyborg announcement, I really wish someone would go through the effort of subtitling that gibberish, because it would be hysterical.

:ortiz: Merry christmas yall

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

mewse posted:

I'm at my parents place waiting for a movie to download so I googled "tito ortiz press conference" and suffered through his cyborg announcement, I really wish someone would go through the effort of subtitling that gibberish, because it would be hysterical.

:ortiz: Merry christmas yall

Good evening lebs and gentleman. Of course I’m Tito Ortiz. Welcome to press conference for the future of Cristina uh Santos Cyborg. My company Primetime 360 that we started literally last year and I wanna just work on the future of MMA fighters. So the last 15 years of my career, I worked very hard to be as most diligent as possibly could of the future of my career. So now it’s time to work for the future of OTHER people’s careers. With of course my partner George Prejean and Tony and of course our client Cris Cyborg.

I wanted to work on the future of her career. People wanted to see her in the UFC fight at 135 which is literally impossible for her to happen to make that weight. And we’ll show you tonight the reason this is going to happen. But the future of her career and fighting career is in my hands and my hands are as solid around her as possibly and to make sure the future of her fight career no matter what is as successful as possible and tonight we’re going to show that. Uh So we’ve actually worked very hard of working for uh Cris’s future of what she’s gonna be doing of her fighting and we have her fight actually will be happening in April.

Uh, so before that actually uh, I wanted to let everyone know and to reconize for a woman to cut down to a weight 135 were she's been cutting down to 145 to make the weight actually happen. I want all you guy'ses to see, she's in fight shape already right now. She's getting ready for the fight like I say in april 5th. Um, Cris can you please step up and step on the scale. I just want you guys to show you guys

And I got 1:36 in.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Good evening lebs and gentleman. Of course I’m Tito Ortiz. Welcome to press conference for the future of Cristina uh Santos Cyborg. My company Primetime 360 that we started literally last year and I wanna just work on the future of MMA fighters. So the last 15 years of my career, I worked very hard to be as most diligent as possibly could of the future of my career. So now it’s time to work for the future of OTHER people’s careers. With of course my partner George Prejean and Tony and of course our client Cris Cyborg.

I wanted to work on the future of her career. People wanted to see her in the UFC fight at 135 which is literally impossible for her to happen to make that weight. And we’ll show you tonight the reason this is going to happen. But the future of her career and fighting career is in my hands and my hands are as solid around her as possibly and to make sure the future of her fight career no matter what is as successful as possible and tonight we’re going to show that. Uh So we’ve actually worked very hard of working for uh Cris’s future of what she’s gonna be doing of her fighting and we have her fight actually will be happening in April.

Uh, so before that actually uh, I wanted to let everyone know and to reconize for a woman to cut down to a weight 135 were she's been cutting down to 145 to make the weight actually happen. I want all you guy'ses to see, she's in fight shape already right now. She's getting ready for the fight like I say in april 5th. Um, Cris can you please step up and step on the scale. I just want you guys to show you guys

loving masterpiece

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Fozzy The Bear posted:

This is a true Christmas miracle

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Merry Christmas to us all

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

quote:

“I had a blood vessel that broke in my eye three weeks prior to the fight,” he said. “I thought it was going to go away, but it didn’t go way, and I couldn’t spar for three weeks.

“I just went out and fought with my heart. I was in good enough shape to do my cardio and my focus mitts, and we wrestled a little bit, but that was it.”

“I fought great enough to get enough to get a win, and that’s all I had to do,” he said. “I kicked Stephan Bonnar’s rear end with only one eye.”

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Fozzy The Bear posted:

It's still amazing he got Cyborg signed to an exclusive Invicta contract, despite her also being offered a UFC contract that would've let her fight in Invicta on the side.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Ahahahahahahahahaha

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Brock/Fedor 2015

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Lmao that's the least surprising thing ever

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Let's see how deep Viacom's pockets really are

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
JT/Fedor 2015
JT/Brock 2015

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
One of the funniest things about mma from a business perspective is that Zuffa appear to be the only people ever to involve themselves in the sport that are capable of learning from experience.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fatherdog posted:

One of the funniest things about mma from a business perspective is that Zuffa appear to be the only people ever to involve themselves in the sport that are capable of learning from experience.

And yet that practice is considered so horrible that they're being sued for it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I can't wait for a sequel to Strikeforce on CBS where half the card is cans from M-1. Do they still exist?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Viacom: Hey Scott, exactly how did you end up losing Strikeforce
Coker: Well we tried to get Fedor to do another fight and paid him a bunch of money up front and well....

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
FEDOR VS KONRAD, MAKE THE FIGHT, COKER

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Fedor vs. Tito is obviously the fight to make

, of course

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Zuffa sent Scott Coker in undercover to Viacom to bleed out all of their money.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope it happens, Fedor's Strikeforce run was wonderful.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Can't wait to see Fedor lose to Vitaliy Minakov and then get his junk broken by Cheick Kongo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cheick might be my favorite cheater. That guy is a fence grabbing nut shooter and I don't know why it's so funny.