Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Well, unless you do something explosively memorable, then you get a buncha different nicknames and not a few.

Isn't that right, Mr. Shigaraki!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

JosephWongKS posted:

I love that everyone has come up with a different nickname for Todoroki so far.

Haha, Fever & Sniffles has become this thread's Ape Titan. It's lovely. :allears:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

pandaK posted:

And that's how it ends: not with a bang, but because it can no longer be passed down through his hair.

It's not just hair. It can be...any genetic material :barf:

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!

JosephWongKS posted:

I love that everyone has come up with a different nickname for Todoroki so far.

He's this thread's Monkey Trouble.

Edit: And I should probably refresh before posting.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mr. Fowl posted:

It's not just hair. It can be...any genetic material :barf:
Early on I expected All Might to joke about how in the early generations his predecessors thought it had to be some big ritual where you drink their blood from a goblet and that the hair thing was a major improvement.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Deku had better be drat careful with Uraraka in a few years' time, that's all I'm saying.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yeah, she's pretty cool looking and I want to see what she can do, what little characterization she as had so far makes her look like a really fun character.

She seems really jazzed and happy about everything and that's cool and rad. I also like Creation girl a lot though really.

Urarakais probably at the bottom end of characters I like, but I still like her, this manga just has a lot of really good and interesting characters. The only one I flat out don't like is probably Bakugou and even he is kinda interesting I guess.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Deku had better be drat careful with Uraraka in a few years' time, that's all I'm saying.

Yeah, having hair all over the place would be a bitch to clean.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Poor All Might. I mean he's not the best-looking dude, but I can't help but feel sorry for him now that you've brought that up.

No accidental Miss Might for him :smith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

FH_Meta posted:

Well, unless you do something explosively memorable, then you get a buncha different nicknames and not a few.
I actually find Todoroki pretty intriguing, if mostly by implication. Kid's the obvious one to watch out for, effortlessly outclassing pretty much everyone, yet for all his prowess comes off awfully subdued, taciturn. Not that unusual in and of itself, but in light of certain comments he's made (his "Casual" knowledge of necrosis, his concern for classmates caught in his range), I wouldn't be surprised to learn he's got some real horror stories behind that quirk of his. When he was younger maybe, when his powers were still developing.

Probably holds a low opinion of Bakugou's impulsiveness, if not Bakugou in general.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Obviously we should just call Todoroki, George R. R. Martin. :v:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

HiveCommander posted:

Poor All Might. I mean he's not the best-looking dude, but I can't help but feel sorry for him now that you've brought that up.

No accidental Miss Might for him :smith:

I believe the method of power transfer is ingestion only. So he can still get it on with the ladies... just not that one way.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Gotta get that DNA absorbed. Digestion does that. Sex does not.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Let's talk about literally anything else

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Or "Grrm", for short.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
New chapter: http://bato.to/read/_/293308/boku-no-hero-academia_ch24_by_fallen-angels

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man that was great.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

AtomikKrab posted:

I believe the method of power transfer is ingestion only. So he can still get it on with the ladies... just not that one way.

Also, pretty sure it can't happen accidentally. It seems like there was some time that he needed to prepare for the transfer.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

kidcoelacanth posted:

Let's talk about literally anything else

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kinda hoping he at least learned how to control his power a bit here. The whole schtick where Midoriya has to barely scrape over the lowest bar needed to move on since he can't use his powers is already getting kinda old.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I want to see Minetas ultimate attack.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm fairly convinced now that Topless Dominatrix Sensei isn't, in fact, wearing skintight spandex.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

DrSunshine posted:

I'm fairly convinced now that Topless Dominatrix Sensei isn't, in fact, wearing skintight spandex.

Her power hides nipples.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Freezer Burn.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Lemme guess, she's wearing a body stocking. :P

(Although my silly quirk guess is that Icy-Hot's mother has costume makeup powers and she when she's not using them on set, she makes her family look cool or adorable as she desires. Icy-Hot doesn't have her powers, but he has inherited her fashion sense.)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wait what's this about Icy Hot's mother. She has literally never showed up.

Are you confusing her with dom teacher?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Link is down, alternative.

http://www.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/24

Ice Ice Barbeque, chillin' like a villain.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
No, it's my joking explanation for why Todoroki's got the two tone hair going on.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Deep-Fried Ice Cream Lad talked about his dad briefly, I'm expecting this to figure in a flashback sequence where we see exactly why he's so rude, crude, and full of 'tude.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I seriously love this thread and all the nicknames we are giving to Jakiro :allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dordreff posted:

Deep-Fried Ice Cream Lad talked about his dad briefly, I'm expecting this to figure in a flashback sequence where we see exactly why he's so rude, crude, and full of 'tude.

I think his flashback will probably focus on the burn on his face, and why his hero suit covers his fire side with ice.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

RatHat posted:

I think his flashback will probably focus on the burn on his face.

We have seen it a little, he melted the ice he made during the first test All Might held, after getting the 'nuke', to free the other kids from it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
We finally saw the first sign of the Hawk-boy's powers. Looks like something involving shadows, although I'm still wondering why he needs to look like a bird for that power.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Neeksy posted:

We finally saw the first sign of the Hawk-boy's powers. Looks like something involving shadows, although I'm still wondering why he needs to look like a bird for that power.

We've actually seen him use them a few times already, but its always been in the background, I think

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huh, just noticed that the weird kid from the non-hero class, the one with the dead eyes and wavy hair, seems to have some sort of mind control quirk or something. After Todoroki goes and freezes everything over, his method of getting away from it is sitting atop a bunch of other students who are holding him up and having some very odd, somewhat empty expressions on their faces. Nasty if that is what I think it is. I think we've got one of our big student antagonists right there.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 27, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I can't wait to see what they do with Baked Alaska's in the future.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Looks like Thermal Bag is going to be one of the main characters of the class.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So far the characters that seem to get the most screentime in the class are like, Tsuyu, Frostburn, Ashido, Creation Girl, Grapeboy, and Hardening kid? Besides the obvious Uraraka/Ilda/Bakugou/Deku.

That's a pretty big 'main' cast though. Ashido probably doesn't count, just for some reason she always seems to be present in like all the group panels and stuff.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dry Ice smokes the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Now it's just a competition to see who can come up for the silliest nickname for someone both hot and cold.

Methane clathrate?

Berkeley's Puzzle?

Planet Mercury?

Kid... Menopause?