Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
The snow is gone? Wow. Couldn't they even keep it around for the new year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope people manage to mod the PC version to have snow on demand, GTA5 with snow is really pretty and only having it on for like a week every year is moronic.

Dravinski
May 5, 2013

Yeah it was brilliant. I hope they introduce it again sometime. I heard a few complaints about visibility whilst flying, but I liked that. I think it added to the appeal for me, actually.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Snow gone already? Aw man.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the snow was beautiful like my big gay last gen avatar

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dravinski posted:

Yeah it was brilliant. I hope they introduce it again sometime. I heard a few complaints about visibility whilst flying, but I liked that. I think it added to the appeal for me, actually.

Yeah I can imagine it was a problem with jets but it added so much atmosphere IMO. Also the white roads actually improved visibility in the city on PS3 at least, because cars and certain obstacles stand out more and don't drown in a sea of grey as you're racing down a street with 200 mph.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Rockstar got rid of the snow because people weren't buying shark cards during the DDOS attacks on PSN and Xbone Live servers. This is our punishment.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

:(

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They should make it an option all year round in Race lobbies

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

i didnt get to play in the snow this year, i tried to yesterday :arghfist::(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Because I'm a dick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggKifoMFaM0

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Dudes, again, it wasn't lizard squad or whatever ddosing, it was the fact Live and PSN always get hosed up on Christmas because of all the people getting new consoles and games and downloading their patches and poo poo.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

Dudes, again, it wasn't lizard squad or whatever ddosing, it was the fact Live and PSN always get hosed up on Christmas because of all the people getting new consoles and games and downloading their patches and poo poo.

Either way, it would have been cool to see the snow. Should have probably been a more-than-1-day thing but that's Rockstar I guess

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I'd be cool if the game had more localized weather in general. Instead of raining and snowing everywhere we could have a lot of rain the north and snow in the mountains.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I wish the snow would have tracks in it on the roads where traffic is, but that would involve some sort of mapping that the game currently doesn't have.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seriously though the snow is done really well for them to only do it on Christmas once a year...

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

circ dick soleil posted:

I wish the snow would have tracks in it on the roads where traffic is, but that would involve some sort of mapping that the game currently doesn't have.

They can track skid-marks and so this would be fairly simple to do.

Dravinski
May 5, 2013

orcane posted:

Yeah I can imagine it was a problem with jets but it added so much atmosphere IMO. Also the white roads actually improved visibility in the city on PS3 at least, because cars and certain obstacles stand out more and don't drown in a sea of grey as you're racing down a street with 200 mph.

I loved flying in the snow. I really hope they add snow as a possible weather option more often because it's brilliant. I remember seeing the first screenshot of North Yankton and getting really excited for a Grand Theft Auto game with snow, it's a shame it was only around for that one area of the game.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If I had to drive in the snow for more than a couple of days at a time without the option of no-snow I'd get pretty sick of it, to be honest.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
You guys already know how this goes:

R* GTA:O POLICY: Is it fun? Yes? Well take it out!!!

(They probably had it on a timer/automatically set to switch at midnight whomever regardless of the ddos/server issues) :shrug:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

So were there Christmas day gifts? Or if I got a Fireworks gun and proximity mines and a special crate T shirt did I get everything?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

im pooping! posted:

So were there Christmas day gifts? Or if I got a Fireworks gun and proximity mines and a special crate T shirt did I get everything?

Got Proximity Mines, Firework Launcher + fireworks a stocking mask that looks kind of like a balaclava, some RP and a carbine.

Special Crates presumably will continue to drop.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
They dropped through New Year's last year, I believe.

Is PSN still down? My better half and I have actually resorted to rock, paper, scissor to decide who gets the PS4 (he won) and now he can't do too much of anything in Far Cry 4 other than SP. We just keep timing out when trying to connect anything to online.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 26, 2014

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

This is in the game because this is what Rockstar believes.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kelly posted:

They dropped through New Year's last year, I believe.

Is PSN still down? My better half and I have actually resorted to rock, paper, scissor to decide who gets the PS4 (he won) and now he can't do too much of anything in Far Cry 4 other than SP. We just keep timing out when trying to connect anything to online.

Seems it. My oldest kid is trying to play FIFA 15 and can't connect.

Also, my boys love the song "El Rey Y Yo" that's played on Radio East Los. I play it in my (actual) car, and can't tell them that I usually listen to it while I'm running from Hispanic gangs that I just stole meth from while firing an SMG out the window.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm buying a new PS3 tomorrow and :ohdear:
At least they're extending the christmas gift period a bit.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 26, 2014

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

I'm buying a new PS3 tomorrow and :ohdear:
At least they're extending the christmas gift period a bit.

John Coltrane's "Giant Steps" has nothing on that brilliant melody.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
I got the sweet Manhunt-themed hockey mask from a special crate drop, so that was cool. Sucks the snow is gone already though.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Maybe (hopefully) everyone will whine enough on the R* forums that they'll kick it back on for another couple days when PSN/XBL are working properly... :shrug:

Go forth and whine, goons. :v:

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

Count Freebasie posted:

Seems it. My oldest kid is trying to play FIFA 15 and can't connect.

Also, my boys love the song "El Rey Y Yo" that's played on Radio East Los. I play it in my (actual) car, and can't tell them that I usually listen to it while I'm running from Hispanic gangs that I just stole meth from while firing an SMG out the window.

That song owns hard.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/548573000216629249

"Due to issues with PSN & XBL connectivity, we're extending the GTA Online Festive Surprise Christmas Day inventory gifts for the time being."

Doesn't get into specifics but I take that as a plus. Maybe snow will return for New Year's.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I had a strange bug with the crate drops today. I picked up a crate in one lobby, and switched characters. In the new lobby, I got the 'A crate has dropped' notification as soon as I left my garage. I thought that I would be too late, but I drove over to the crate anyways. I was the first to arrive at the crate, even though I had to drive from Del Perro Heights to the beach north of Fort Zancudo. It was as if no-one else had received the crate message.

The crate wasn't there, even though it showed on the mini-map. I drove over the spot where it should have been, and then the package fell from the sky without a crate. I picked it up, and it had all the items that should be in a special crate.

http://youtu.be/8SkNGkWgGyE

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Here's a stupid question. How do I sign back into PSN on the PS4? I turned it on just now for the first time since Tuesday and I am not signed in. Does it automatically drop you when you lose connection in a mass outage like this? Does it come back up on its own and sign me in again or do I need to try it on my own? I see under the PSN menu a "sign out" option. I assume this means I'm already signed in and PSN is just down?

I don't understand Sony et al doesn't pressure Twitter to just shut down the accounts of the people bragging about taking down these various services. Soon as an account gains traction, boom - step on it. If they wanted to they could absolutely do that. It would at least cut them off at the knees as far as propagating information goes.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 27, 2014

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Kelly posted:

Here's a stupid question. How do I sign back into PSN on the PS4? I turned it on just now for the first time since Tuesday and I am not signed in. Does it automatically drop you when you lose connection in a mass outage like this? Does it come back up on its own and sign me in again or do I need to try it on my own?

I see under the PSN menu a "sign out" option. I assume this means I'm already signed in and PSN is just down?

Psn is still trying to fix the wreckage of a ddos attack. You don't have to do anything its just down and may be for a bit. There was a spell back in the day that was 2 months.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

thompson posted:

Psn is still trying to fix the wreckage of a ddos attack. You don't have to do anything its just down and may be for a bit. There was a spell back in the day that was 2 months.

I didn't realize it was that long once, yikes.

Sony certainly isn't having a great 2014.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Kelly posted:

I didn't realize it was that long once, yikes.

Sony certainly isn't having a great 2014.

The 2 months were 2012 or 2013. But yeah regardless it hasn't been a great year for sony. No big though. The two months sucked, but you learn to spend time elaewhere.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I guess Xbox One still can't connect? Been trying for 5 minutes and nothing.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

PSN is back up, but I cant get on GTA Online, cant even use the stock market in single player

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I just came into that same issue, though mine is from doing 100% checklist and seeing my friends online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I keep being told my PSN PW is wrong, but that's an improvement at least.

• Locked thread