Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro's going to be in the car somewhere, and I think you might have to fight Storms for the driver's seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Storms should hijack one of those animes' rides and get in on the fun.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

e; also Ettin if me rolling something isn't needed or isn't going to have some sort of tangible effect then do I really need to spend FP on it?

Oh whoops, I wrote that late at night and forgot to add something for that. :negative: You can go ahead and have it back.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
That's cool, thanks.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
TW post coming soon! In the meantime, gimme TE posts :argh:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
If that's what it takes to keep going I'm down with you continuing it as the Juli and Storms show.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Shiro too, don't forget.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ronwayne posted:

If that's what it takes to keep going I'm down with you continuing it as the Juli and Storms show.

I have been prodding people over IRC a lot. What is it gonna take guys :argh:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Shiro too, don't forget.

:(

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

guh

i am going to post this weekend

i promise

i am the worst

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's a post-christmas miracle!

or just a post.

sorry

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'll update TE/TW today. Maybe we can get this show back on the road :toot:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Internet problems! I'm having someone come to my house and take a look at my modem sometime this week; in the meantime I'm gonna power through and hope my power doesn't mysteriously blow again. :argh:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hey mistaya/Destrado, how are things? And how are you feeling about TE I guess :shobon:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dammit. So uh, how can we salvage this in some shape or form given that...well, yeah.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Sorry, I haven't posted anything partly because I was waiting to see what everyone else was going to do and partly because I've kinda just hit a brick wall with the game. I like my character, I still dig NTech as a setting, but I've been feeling a little unmoored for a while now. I don't mean to be The Jerk What Isn't Posting, I've just sat down several times now to post something and gone blank.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Ronwayne posted:

Dammit. So uh, how can we salvage this in some shape or form given that...well, yeah.

The way you worded that I thought the thread spontaneously fell in archives.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Don't be ridiculous, that would imply that archives still work.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Sorry, I haven't posted anything partly because I was waiting to see what everyone else was going to do and partly because I've kinda just hit a brick wall with the game. I like my character, I still dig NTech as a setting, but I've been feeling a little unmoored for a while now. I don't mean to be The Jerk What Isn't Posting, I've just sat down several times now to post something and gone blank.

yeah, I dunno, it seems the thing would benefit from like, a reboot not with the characters per se, but what we're doing. It even seems like a manga/comic thing. "I got bored, so here's X* Instead."

*for example, roadtrip with Storms in the STALKER corpse truck.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I dunno, maybe other folks are really digging street racing in Seattle. I feel like we were more on the same page when we were killing six billion ninjas. It is, admittedly, hard to construct a game entirely around ninja murder. Well, aside from the Ninja Gaiden series I guess.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

It doesn't have to be ninjas. I enjoyed the violence+ettin's situational scene gimmicks/stunts.

edit: relevant: FLORIDA MAN: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF ACTION

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 5, 2015

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm okay with a brainstorm in TW!

For TE, how about if we recruit a replacement or two?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'm down with that.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Ettin posted:

I'm okay with a brainstorm in TW!

For TE, how about if we recruit a replacement or two?

I dunno, five isn't a bad number.

Unless other people dropped while I wasn't looking.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'm not sure if dropped is the right term, but we have some missing folks.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm looking into it! Please stop making OOC posts in the IC thread

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

sorry

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'LL TAKE SOMEONE'S PLACE

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ettin, also, you have some notes or something I can use for an N-tech fluff bible? I'm hammering out my own game and don't want to poop on your established canon too hard.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'll try and finish the NTech primer when I can!

K Prime posted:

I'LL TAKE SOMEONE'S PLACE

Post a character sheet and you're in! I can recruit another if you guys want :getin:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Still need Mors and grassy gnoll to signal whether they're in on this brainstorm, btw. I'll give you until the end of the weekend!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Nope, got nothing to contribute on this one.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

I'm planning to run a game of this with the title Jersey Devil Summoners. I'll tell you how it shakes out.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 4, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Yu Zhong

Things didn't got as planned in Shanghai. Sure, technically, the OOI won the day. Sure, Zhang San got his chance to leave.

Too bad about the bits where he lost pretty much everything he still cared about.

The conflagration that ended his stay in Shanghai destroyed what was left tying him to his past, and to his shock and embarrassment he found that sensation was terrifying rather than freeing. Losing the only people you've ever seen as family will do that to man. During his black period, he quit the OOI. After making sure their files on him were wiped, of course. Back under the name he abandoned with his former life, once, he decided to go find himself. A few months of that were enough to establish there wasn't anything in there.

He wandered a while, purposeless and barely sane, until the Soul Network gave him a call. They needed someone with a talent for infiltration and a refreshing lack of hesitation about killing to go deal with a couple of issues.

Yu doesn't see it as backsliding.

He's just stopped lying to himself, that's all.

· Aspects ·

Concept: Lost His San, Still In Business
Intrigue: I Left My Morality In Neo Shanghai
Black Hat Assassin: Code Killer
Action: Now I've Lost It
Omega: On The Run Again (Oh Well)

Superb (+5):
Great (+4): Athletics, Notice, Combat, Hacking
Good (+3): Deceive, Burglary, Provoke, Stealth, Vehicles
Fair (+2): Will
Average (+1): Physique, Contacts

Black Hat Assassin: (9 pts): Hacking, Combat, Vehicles, Deceive, Will
Hacking: Create Advantage Physical/Mental, Overcome Physical/Mental

· Stunts/Mega-Stunts ·
Time To Leave Them All Behind: Yu can move 2 zones and act.

Who Dares, Wins: Yu gains Weapon:2 against enemies who have not attacked him.

Equilibrium: Once an encounter Yu may move a Mental stress box to an equivalent Physical stress box, or vice versa.

EQPM:
Reamer Hackerei, "Borrowed" AI Assistant

Function: You Got R34M3D, N00B
Flaw: Only As Smart As Her Owner

Hack the Planet: Reamer and her owner are absolutely better than a normal human at hacking as long as they're working in tandem.

Crash Override: Reamer can occupy the body of any remotely or AI controlled target with a successful Hacking overcome, granting Zhang use of that body's abilities.

· Stress ·
Physical OOOO
Mental OOO

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Just posting to say I'm still here and I still want to play Shiro, anywhere but Seattle.

THANKS OBAMA-ARCOLOGY.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Seattle has gotten kinda :psyduck: (In that its been long enough I don't know what we're doing. Might need a LAST TIME ON TRANSELDRITCH...)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 6, 2015

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

mistaya posted:

Just posting to say I'm still here and I still want to play Shiro, anywhere but Seattle.

THANKS OBAMA-ARCOLOGY.

This is me. I dig Juliana (and the others too), Seattle is kinda ehhhhh.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright, so this week I'm gonna start moving to bring KPrime in and get Miami going again! Should we just wrap Seattle ASAP or do you want to sort out side-poo poo like mistaya's nemesis on the way out?

(I am totally going to have KPrime come in and shoot some faces to skip ahead either way)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

You phrase that as if we would turn down the chance at a tentacle boss fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Don't sort it out have it follow us home. Like an errant tentacle-puppy who only wants to disassemble us to see what makes us work.

• Locked thread