Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Subway tunnels make surviving a bounty trivially easy. Pick a spot near an intersection or similarly crowded on the map and everyone topside will lose their minds looking for you, and murder each other in the process. It starts such a giant poo poo-storm above you. People are going ballistic above me right now in jets just carpet bombing my blip on the map, and three other people have gotten bounties in the mayhem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Operation acquire a Karim Sultan has so far been a resounding failure. I can't for the life of me get them to spawn anywhere - I spent about an hour driving around Blaine County and by the Prison in Super and Sports class cars and nothing - loads of Asteropes and Futos - not a single Sultan :(

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Zip! posted:

Operation acquire a Karim Sultan has so far been a resounding failure. I can't for the life of me get them to spawn anywhere - I spent about an hour driving around Blaine County and by the Prison in Super and Sports class cars and nothing - loads of Asteropes and Futos - not a single Sultan :(

I found mine up by Sandy Shores around by Trevor's place if that helps. The Sultan is definitely worth it.

edit: Has Rockstar patched up the cargobob picking up vehicles? All of the Cargobobs I have been in wouldn't let me deploy the grapple. Or is this something else you can't do whilst in passive mode?

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 28, 2014

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
They always seem to spawn in the parking lot of that motor inn next to the Blaine county mod shop.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Zip! posted:

You're on PS4 right? Add me and I'll bring mine out, that usually prompts them to spawn up in blaine county. PSN is Tarwedge

I am standing in the prison parking lot right now next to like 3 of them.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 28, 2014

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zip! posted:

Try route 68 too. The road with the mod shop by sandy shores airfield. I just drove along it from the radio dishes towards the mod shop and would see one almost every time.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

FallinInTheBlak posted:

edit: Has Rockstar patched up the cargobob picking up vehicles? All of the Cargobobs I have been in wouldn't let me deploy the grapple. Or is this something else you can't do whilst in passive mode?

Can't do it in passive mode, pick up the car then go passive if you want to be a real dick.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Slim Killington posted:

Subway tunnels make surviving a bounty trivially easy. Pick a spot near an intersection or similarly crowded on the map and everyone topside will lose their minds looking for you, and murder each other in the process. It starts such a giant poo poo-storm above you. People are going ballistic above me right now in jets just carpet bombing my blip on the map, and three other people have gotten bounties in the mayhem.

great idea.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

PSN is still down for me :/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Zip! posted:

Because I love you, I have spent an hour trying to find one.

And I did. I am going to idle in it for a while.

Hit me in IRC and join on me and it's yours.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just as a notice for future Sultan seekers: you can go to the Prison parking lot and just jump sessions until you find one. They spawn in that parking lot, so just keep hopping and you'll eventually get one. Took me five minutes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

After an hour, I just gave up and drove the Sultan I had stored to the prison and found one there. All the other times it wouldn't spawn.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Jumped online, got a Cargobob, went to hook up a car and nothing? Empty underneath?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, anybody want a Sultan? Zip msg'd me and told me he found one.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Policenaut posted:

Just as a notice for future Sultan seekers: you can go to the Prison parking lot and just jump sessions until you find one. They spawn in that parking lot, so just keep hopping and you'll eventually get one. Took me five minutes.

I spent an hour or two a day over four days and never got one. Just started playing again though, will give it a shot.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Maytag posted:

I spent an hour or two a day over four days and never got one. Just started playing again though, will give it a shot.

PS4? If so, I've got one.

E: gone now

Hockles fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 28, 2014

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Jumped online, got a Cargobob, went to hook up a car and nothing? Empty underneath?

It may seem obvious but are you pressing > on the D-pad to deploy the hook?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

MrLonghair posted:

I was having the some problem. Apparently you can't deploy or use the hook in passive mode.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, it's like someone said earlier. You grab the car in normal mode THEN go passive once you have the car.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I was having the some problem. Apparently you can't deploy or use the hook in passive mode.

seriously?

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
Deadfor8minutes is a flamer and a hero:

http://youtu.be/GxFai5lAeeM

And I got my rear end kicked by synthetiksoul's Xmas truck:

http://youtu.be/kTF-vEp9gBg

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sorry if this is not the proper place, but I'm confused by who/what is up with crews on ps3. i am still last-gen and would like some goon love in gtao. who do i enlist with?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Slim Killington posted:

You can also climb partway up that giant ladder system to the crane on the side of the unfinished building. If you're ont he ladder area while within the building superstructure, it's impossible for anyone to shoot in at you or up at you, and you can safely mine the ladders leading upwards with proximity mines or sticky bombs to your liking.

Your only vulnerability is someone managing to land on the roof of the sticking out part and successfully toss a grenade down, or to have like 6 people work together and not kill each other to climb up after you faster than you can bomb then.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

fyodor posted:

sorry if this is not the proper place, but I'm confused by who/what is up with crews on ps3. i am still last-gen and would like some goon love in gtao. who do i enlist with?

Go here, do thing

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, it's like someone said earlier. You grab the car in normal mode THEN go passive once you have the car.

Doh. That hook simply wasn't visible at all while in passive. Now I need to summon NPC and NPC tank without risking my rear end too bad.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i love you

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
I'm trying to add this job on my PS4 and it says it was added but shows up nowhere in my bookmarked jobs in-game:

http://rsg.ms/e4694cb

Is there some sort of compatibility matrix for Creator jobs? Like can a 360/PS3/XBone-created job work on PS4 or vice-versa?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just experienced the weirdest thing. I went afk after putting a gang car into my 3rd apt/garage at the airport. Came back an hour later and I wasn't kicked for inactivity...

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
At some point after I spent all my money on car upgrades for my third garage, my mechanic tried to get some money out of me but I was flat broke. Now the guy's on strike. Any idea how to get him back to work? I'm currently trying to do some missions and the prick won't even bring me a car. I'm having to hitch a ride with CopperFronts everywhere I go.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

At some point after I spent all my money on car upgrades for my third garage, my mechanic tried to get some money out of me but I was flat broke. Now the guy's on strike. Any idea how to get him back to work? I'm currently trying to do some missions and the prick won't even bring me a car. I'm having to hitch a ride with CopperFronts everywhere I go.

You have to wait for an entire game day (48 minutes) to cycle so you can pay him again.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SisterFister posted:

Deadfor8minutes is a flamer and a hero:

http://youtu.be/GxFai5lAeeM

Here's my view of it.

http://youtu.be/SVGGZqfAfm0

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Looks like another night of not being able to play (Xbone here). What a pain in the rear end.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

I just won't trust sony with anything right now. to many problems

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I'm listing to a rank 80 pubbie curse over the mic because he doesn't know or is unable to shoot the driver in a car he's chasing for Simeon. How do you get to rank 80 and not know how to do that?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kids exploiting RP stuff to rank up super fast instead of playing the game?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Okay, I'm going to play a bit of GTA before bed. Got enough time for one mission, do the random contact mission thing.
Flood in the LS River. Medium difficulty. Full lobby. I say HARD MODE HARD MODE HARD MODE into the mic. Stupid pubbie doesn't listen, launches. Alright whatever. I rush in, start sniping. Pubbies show up, now I have cover fire time to snatch the meth.
Pubbie (the dumbass host) manages to blow my Entity up in the split second I'm out of it. I grab the meth and one of the spawning Cavalcades.
Start heading toward Gerald's apartment, but you know what? gently caress this guy. There's a metro line a block away, I buzz right past the apartment and into the nearest tunnel.
Let's see how far these dickheads will go for $13k. Follow the tunnels until I'm a good distance away. Ditch the Cavalcade at one of the subway stations and call for my Sabre.
By the time it shows up they've finally figured out what's going on and start chasing me.
Took the Vinewood twisties up into the desert, jump the highway and head for Paleto. Somebody dies twice and quits.
Stop and jump out of the car just outside of the town where the NPCs still spawn at ludicrous speed. Other guy quits, it's just me and dickhead now. Perfect. Play in traffic until I'm dead. Meth lands right in the middle of a lane.
The guy was on foot in grapeseed, but manages to grab a car and finish the mission (narrowly missing getting hit on the highway getting the meth, he was too dumb to block the lane with his car).
And this is the kind of poo poo I've been doing since you guys all moved to PS4.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sniping in that mission is some weak sauce. The only meaningful strategy is to play NPC bowling and drive repeatedly through the center of the meeting place.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Zip! posted:

Grab a Asteropes in the city and drive out, there were two in the lot on my first trip.

Now all I need is some cash, seems like everything pays some paltry 15k

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Depending when I go to bed, complete my 100% trophy, and then my plat. I can probably host a few good missions, rooftop rumble(?) for easy cash tomorrow. I got a buzzard as well.

I feel bad, I am doing the bare minimum for my plat/100% run. I really wanted to try the peyote, monkey murals, epsilon/kifflom tracts and do the murder mystery thing for michael. (LA noir dlc?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

StickFigs posted:

Is there some sort of compatibility matrix for Creator jobs? Like can a 360/PS3/XBone-created job work on PS4 or vice-versa?
360 created jobs didn't work on PS3, I can confirm that much. Seems like getting Live and PSN to cooperate at all was just impossible.

What I don't know is if jobs can hop generations, like if 360 jobs work on bone or if PS3 jobs work on PS4.

• Locked thread