Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

360 created jobs didn't work on PS3, I can confirm that much. Seems like getting Live and PSN to cooperate at all was just impossible.

What I don't know is if jobs can hop generations, like if 360 jobs work on bone or if PS3 jobs work on PS4.

Rat Supremacy's epic adventure Horse Factory was ported over from 360 to PS4, but it's now been updated to make it worse better. So I think the creator of a race might have to fiddle with it in Rockstar's Creator to get it to transfer but I don't know for sure, it's worth doing anyway because there's more objects you can put in maps now.

Horse Factory 1.1: The Horsening - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/RatSupremacy/games/gtav/jobs/job/GN60qXZ-00SGlKFbxagpHw?platformId=11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

360 created jobs didn't work on PS3, I can confirm that much. Seems like getting Live and PSN to cooperate at all was just impossible.

What I don't know is if jobs can hop generations, like if 360 jobs work on bone or if PS3 jobs work on PS4.

Jobs move with the Creator from 360 -> PS4 (or PS3 -> Xbone). If you make changes to the job, the edited job is only on the PS4. I don't know if the original remains on the 360 or not at this point.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I believe that if you bookmarked it in last gen, it should be available to you this time around too. Don't know if that's just Sony to Sony or Xbox to xbone though.

edit: whoops the explanation above sounds way more accurate

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just got loaded into a session with at least 6 people speaking French. I don't know if Canada and the US have the same servers or something, but it was fun listening to "*words words* gently caress *words* hahahaha gently caress haha ha!" Yes I am assuming nobody here speaks French :911:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
There aren't really specific servers for countries, I'm fairly sure it just goes by a maximum ping because living in the UK I frequently end up playing with Americans when joining a new session on my own.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I just got loaded into a session with at least 6 people speaking French. I don't know if Canada and the US have the same servers or something, but it was fun listening to "*words words* gently caress *words* hahahaha gently caress haha ha!" Yes I am assuming nobody here speaks French :911:

When I was playing during the afternoon EST, I used to end up with French and German kids constantly. They didn't seem to really speak English other than curse words, as you pointed out.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

When I was playing during the afternoon EST, I used to end up with French and German kids constantly. They didn't seem to really speak English other than curse words, as you pointed out.

A Turkish friend once told me that "gently caress You" works in every language.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

geeves posted:

A Turkish friend once told me that "gently caress You" works in every language.

french kids say it, "fah KYOOOO! fah KYOOOOO!" and its rly funny

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't think I've ever heard another British person on voice chat, except for just after original launch when I got stuck forever in a GTA Race (no quit option on the leaderboard and apparently before they implemented the timeout for the race to end once someone wins) with two little kids from Birmingham who decided to gently caress off finishing the race and just swear at everyone else in the mission while giggling and apparently riding BMX's into eachother.

Had to quit the game completely to get out. Good times.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Sniping in that mission is some weak sauce. The only meaningful strategy is to play NPC bowling and drive repeatedly through the center of the meeting place.

Well I suck at sniping (quickly anyway) so I work a little practice into every mission I do.
Sultanchat: it took me a goddamn year to find one. None of the 'bring x vehicle to y location' things ever worked, but for some reason one spawned outside my Paleto house magically one day. Hell, for all the months I owned and Asterope I never saw one spawn.
And with the way the profiles transfer (old profile persists unchanged) I'd think the old Horse Factory would still be around, unless the author deleted it. Since I'm still on 360, what's the best way to look for it?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Is there a way to zoom in with my sniper rifle? my default scope loving sucks.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Reeoorb posted:

Now all I need is some cash, seems like everything pays some paltry 15k

$15k isn't bad considering that the majority of the low-level missions that could be readily solo'd used to pay out somewhere between $500 - $5000. You would actually take a loss on a lot of missions.

You can get closer to $20k if you milk the mission a little bit, find some place to hide and go to the bathroom or something.

Some missions will allow you to break $30k if you milk it and have a full lobby of your own crew members. The highest mission payout I've seen was last night with Hugh Malone and Zeninzinzninzi Otiosely. It got us about $35k but I can't remember what mission it was. It was the one where malakai decided to airlift the stolen boat, maybe one of those guys knows the name of the mission.

Here are some of the better-paying missions provided that you take your time (like 15 minutes):

$18 - 22k
A Titan of A Job
Defender
Rooftop Rumble
Trash Talk
Blow Up II (I think)

$20k +
Docks to Stocks I and II
Stocks and Scares
The Los Santos Connection

There are others, but since the payout adjustment plenty of us are fine with making 15k for a 5 minute mission.

E: If the mission payouts are absolutely unbearable for you, you may be stuck with buying shark cards. I think it's something like $20 actual to get 1.25 million gta bux. If you do this we will hate you for encouraging them.

titties fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 29, 2014

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

thompson posted:

Is there a way to zoom in with my sniper rifle? my default scope loving sucks.

D-pad up/down on PS4. Marksmen Rifle doesn't zoom, the other snipers do.

titties
May 10, 2012

Bondematt posted:

D-pad up/down on PS4. Marksmen Rifle doesn't zoom, the other snipers do.

Don't forget that even if you're fully-zoomed and are far enough away that all the mans are very small and hard to aim at they will still shoot and kill you with a pistol.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish they'd set it up so you're guaranteed to get offered at least one contact mission on each refresh, because sometimes you get a good group together and luck into chaining some together an then whelp it's deathmatch, races or parachuting for you and everyone fucks off back to freeroam.

titties posted:

Don't forget that even if you're fully-zoomed and are far enough away that all the mans are very small and hard to aim at they will still shoot and kill you with a pistol.

On the other hand if you know where the NPCs are because you've done the mission 1000 times (Hi Coveted) you can snipe at where they're supposed to be and kill them even if the game hasn't bothered to render them yet because you're a million miles away

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 29, 2014

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Bobtista posted:

I wish they'd set it up so you're guaranteed to get offered at least one contact mission on each refresh, because sometimes you get a good group together and luck into chaining some together an then whelp it's deathmatch, races or parachuting for you and everyone fucks off back to freeroam.

On the other hand if you know where the NPCs are because you've done the mission 1000 times (Hi Coveted) you can snipe at where they're supposed to be and kill them even if the game hasn't bothered to render them yet because you're a million miles away

It's actually not too much of a hassle to party up and just back out if you don't get a mission. They included an invite party option in the mission lobby, and you can check the option in [pause]-[online]-[options] to not switch hosts after the vote screen, so if you do get a mission you don't get random pubbies who keep it on normal, and if you don't get a mission, well just drop to free roam, host a new mission and invite party. Takes maybe 2 minutes for that and you have more control over what mission you do.

*a few of us in LLJK have caught on to this and I get back into free roam for serious and end up depositing like $200k into the bank at a time. It's much better this way also because at least the LLJKs I've played with have at least a rudimentary level of verbal coordination and we can still dick around to pad out the mission time and get a higher payout

im pooping! fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 29, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Bobtista posted:

I don't think I've ever heard another British person on voice chat, except for just after original launch when I got stuck forever in a GTA Race (no quit option on the leaderboard and apparently before they implemented the timeout for the race to end once someone wins) with two little kids from Birmingham who decided to gently caress off finishing the race and just swear at everyone else in the mission while giggling and apparently riding BMX's into eachother.

Had to quit the game completely to get out. Good times.

Hit start or options, go to online and choose Find New Lobby or Find New Game or whatever it is. You get no penalties for leaving a mission/job/race this way.

Bobtista posted:

I personally think they you should get a guaranteed 2 options out of 6 for the same type of job you just picked on each selection screen. Leave a land race? 2 guaranteed land races to choose from on each page. Same with missions and so on.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Tommychu posted:

Well I suck at sniping (quickly anyway) so I work a little practice into every mission I do.
Sultanchat: it took me a goddamn year to find one. None of the 'bring x vehicle to y location' things ever worked, but for some reason one spawned outside my Paleto house magically one day. Hell, for all the months I owned and Asterope I never saw one spawn.
And with the way the profiles transfer (old profile persists unchanged) I'd think the old Horse Factory would still be around, unless the author deleted it. Since I'm still on 360, what's the best way to look for it?

Crew Jobs, which isn't always easy to get to.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/etuvge8iJ0iG6Fu1NoKTVg

Edit: Anyone else lose their "OG" shirts when PSN / Live came back online?

geeves fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 29, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BitBasher posted:

Hit start or options, go to online and choose Find New Lobby or Find New Game or whatever it is. You get no penalties for leaving a mission/job/race this way.

This was literally right after PS3 launch, and you couldn't do anything on the post-race leaderboard screen except look at profiles while you wait for people to finish the race. Nothing except back out to XMB and kill the game. No pause, no nothing. It's since been fixed because I haven't had it happen again

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

re: Contact missions

In addition to suggestions posted, I think that the missions that require teams (Top Fun, etc) should be a different kind of mission that don't use the same icon as regular missions.

Having a Star show up in the list only for it to be <Some lovely Mission> IV is quite defeating

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so, as someone who only played the PS3 version for a short time and got a bit frustrated with GTA Online I'm wanting to get the PC version

from what I understand there are custom races where players can place their own props and various things like that

have players done cool things with that?

titties
May 10, 2012

Hockles posted:

re: Contact missions

In addition to suggestions posted, I think that the missions that require teams (Top Fun, etc) should be a different kind of mission that don't use the same icon as regular missions.

Having a Star show up in the list only for it to be <Some lovely Mission> IV is quite defeating

Agreed, there really needs to be some separation between competitive and co-op missions because competitive missions completely suck. There's one where you're tasked with delivering planes from a hanger. The other team will just spawn camp the hangar with tanks and buzzards and blow up all the planes along with completely tanking your kdr. For some reason, the spawn camping team is never my team.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Laguna Seca was completely recreated on the streets of Los Santos if you like that sort of racing. Otherwise the create your own job sort of sucks, unless you put the time into making it good.

I've found the majority of non-r* verified missions/races/death matches to be terrible. Mine included.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

titties posted:

Agreed, there really needs to be some separation between competitive and co-op missions because competitive missions completely suck. There's one where you're tasked with delivering planes from a hanger. The other team will just spawn camp the hangar with tanks and buzzards and blow up all the planes along with completely tanking your kdr. For some reason, the spawn camping team is never my team.

There's one I can't remember the name of where one team drives a guy from the airport up to the hills, and the other team has to kill the guy. I have only ever had the team driving the guy win once and I have no idea how we did it. You literally just have to get behind the vehicle they're driving him in and fire your SMG indiscriminately into the rear window, which will kill the target 100% of the time in seconds. Or sticky bomb the car. Or sticky bomb the road infront of the car.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

My friend had a race on 360 that transferred to PS4 with his character, but apparently it was buggy and the checkpoint spawn points were in completely different places than where he put them on 360.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Eonwe posted:

so, as someone who only played the PS3 version for a short time and got a bit frustrated with GTA Online I'm wanting to get the PC version

from what I understand there are custom races where players can place their own props and various things like that

have players done cool things with that?

I barely play races so wait until some master race maker like Malakai or one of his friends signs on to really hear about that but from just the gimmicky not serious at all races there are some really drat fun ones like races where it's basically an obstacle course around a race track with missiles flying everywhere and hay bales and general madness. Longer races with ramps jumping over and between highways and plenty of fun. I think if you're looking for races specifically using prop placement it's gotten a lot better for the next gen (current gen?) because I heard I think they opened it up a bit and added more objects that can be placed. I think for PC if they keep that trend up then you'll be in even better shape.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So I can't get on PSN and was just going to do some single player stuff, that's cool, except after playing for like 30 seconds the game instantly pulls up a loading screen and starts loading a new story n the tutorial. What the poo poo.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Slim Killington posted:

So I can't get on PSN and was just going to do some single player stuff, that's cool, except after playing for like 30 seconds the game instantly pulls up a loading screen and starts loading a new story n the tutorial. What the poo poo.

I had that, quit and reload you won't have lost anything. I was told it was when the connection to PSN was dropped or something, so maybe your PS4 logged back in for a second or two. Turn off the internet connection whilst playing I suppose?

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

titties posted:

Here are some of the better-paying missions provided that you take your time (like 15 minutes):

$18 - 22k
A Titan of A Job
Defender
Rooftop Rumble
Trash Talk
Blow Up II (I think)

$20k +
Docks to Stocks I and II
Stocks and Scares
The Los Santos Connection

There are others, but since the payout adjustment plenty of us are fine with making 15k for a 5 minute mission.

E: If the mission payouts are absolutely unbearable for you, you may be stuck with buying shark cards. I think it's something like $20 actual to get 1.25 million gta bux. If you do this we will hate you for encouraging them.

I must be living in the past before all the mission payouts got the hell nerfed out of them, it's been a long while. Thanks for the list. It's much better now that I'm in the crew and we can actually make money in a timely fashion.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
With the recent changes, really any mission can make okay money. The range of mission payouts is much narrower than it used to be - almost anything is worth your time from a $/minute perspective, quick or not. Blow up II is best to solo in a tank when you want stress relief, though!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

With the recent changes, really any mission can make okay money. The range of mission payouts is much narrower than it used to be - almost anything is worth your time from a $/minute perspective, quick or not. Blow up II is best to solo in a tank when you want stress relief, though!

Yeah I :airquote: ran across* :airquote: Diamonds are for Trevor again last night after not playing it in a long time and that was $21.8k for like ~8-10 minutes worth of work.

*:rimshot: p.s. t:reject:t you wiseass hehe

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

RE: Sultan Chat

Thanks for all the tips, advice and offers of help (Especially Hockles :3)

I managed to get one pretty quickly on my second attempt just by stealing an Asterope and driving around a corner. Fully upgraded, I can see why people rave about them - so easy to drive, just don't take sharp corners at speed because holy god does it understeer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah I :airquote: ran across* :airquote: Diamonds are for Trevor again last night after not playing it in a long time and that was $21.8k for like ~8-10 minutes worth of work.

*:rimshot: p.s. t:reject:t you wiseass hehe

I enjoy this post being in games because it means a lot of people won't know what the gently caress you mean by "ran across" and that owns. :v:

titties
May 10, 2012

Psion posted:

I enjoy this post being in games because it means a lot of people won't know what the gently caress you mean by "ran across" and that owns. :v:

Um, I don't get it either and it doesn't own

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
inside joakes on a forum :hfive: shoot more white dots!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

inside joakes on a forum :hfive: shoot more white dots!

I like to start with the red dots, it gives me a moral high ground from which to shoot white dots

(actually I just play missions if I play GTAO at all, but you know, sometimes poo poo happens when I'm trying to sell a car. Or thinking about selling a car at some point, maybe.)

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 30, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Zip! posted:

just don't take sharp corners at speed because holy god does it understeer.

While true, the car has an excellent 50/50 front to rear all wheel drive power and weight distribution meaning that all that "Throttle Control" and "Weight Transfer" hocus pokus I keep spewing can let you corner in a fully upgraded Sultan really, really, really fast. Stupid fast. Like "Jesus gently caress that was a fast corner" fast.

Really.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Hockles posted:

PS4? If so, I've got one.

E: gone now

PS3, but thank you for the attempt. Actually signed on tonight, stole a Sports car, drove up near Trevor's where there's a sheriff office it something? Sultan parked right there.

Oh no I spent time upgrading before going to my garage and now I can't connect to the servers.

Maytag fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 30, 2014

titties
May 10, 2012

Maytag posted:

PS3, but thank you for the attempt. Actually signed on tonight, stole a Sports car, drove up near Trevor's where there's a sheriff office it something? Sultan parked right there.

Your LLJK invite is out, also:

Duke Chin posted:

you have 5 crews already but good luck with that - sent!

titties posted:

If you need help deciding, your "East Coast GoonSquad" crew is not an SA crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Maytag posted:

Oh no I spent time upgrading before going to my garage and now I can't connect to the servers.

As long as you bought a tracker and insurance you should be fine.

• Locked thread