Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Thank you for Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Origins: The Rapening, mister Axel Serenity

elf help book posted:

oh cool lara croft and guardian of light is $2

I bought this for myself, the first selfish purchase of mine since the Summer sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Microsoft left it up to each publisher to actually remove the service for each individual game.

And of course a Microsoft publisher wouldn't dream of removing a Microsoft service from their game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ArfJason posted:

Not entirely sure, still not on a town where i have steam on a pc where i can try and install widestancers mgr since shes in america. Dont know if the fact that she could.send it at all means im cleared.
What i want to understand is why all gfwl games were unpurchaseable here, thank god a guy realized this and gave me dark souls out of pity, but that means i cant get dead rising until they do something about it

I believe if a gift is bought in america it can be sent to anyone and played normally. the locks come in when you buy a game in one of the cheap regions and try to send it out

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

how did Luftrausers not win the discount vote

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
mercenary kings fuckin sucks

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Seshoho Cian posted:

i assumed everyone already owned it.

is battleblock theater any good? i'm indifferent to castle crashers.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Seshoho Cian posted:

What'er you talking about? All three games got 40% off. It's like the vote didn't matter at all. :v:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i assumed everyone already owned it.

is battleblock theater any good? i'm indifferent to castle crashers.

An alright platformer with insanely bad humor, but the narrator's delivery is perfect so it gets a pass. Coop campaign is different and requires cooperation.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

elf help book posted:

mercenary kings fuckin sucks

its pretty mediocre once it wears out the charm of being metal slug graphically and a very bad monhun clone gameplaywise

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

its pretty mediocre once it wears out the charm of being metal slug graphically and a very bad monhun clone gameplaywise

yea when it first came out early access a friend bought a group pack and gave me a code and i think neither of us knew it was a monster hunter wannabe (he buys pretty much any coop pack and hands out gifts)

when we got to the first real "boss" and had to trap it i was like 'oh.... oh no..... this all makes sense now... this is terrible'

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I was extremely excited for Mercenary Kings and I still plan to hop back into it now that it's finished, but I have severely lowered expectations since playing its Early Access, because it was tedious as gently caress.

On the plus side, rare indie gem Half-Life 2 is on sale for a mere $2.49

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone buy me FF13-2 or Wolfenstein: The New order.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i bought myself many games and i feel good about it thanks ! :)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

An alright platformer with insanely bad humor, but the narrator's delivery is perfect so it gets a pass. Coop campaign is different and requires cooperation.

does the humor get worse than the trailers and does the platforming alone counter that?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the music is p deece

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

qnqnx posted:

does the humor get worse than the trailers and does the platforming alone counter that?

The game is bad if you don't play it multiplayer, but that's because all the mechanics are built for multiplayer. The humor is hit-and-miss but the announcer's delivery is usually pretty amusing. If you enjoy fun and have a friend who also enjoys fun you will probably have a ball, but if you want deep gameplay you'll have to look elsewhere.

The secret stages have the best music.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mach2 posted:

The game is bad if you don't play it multiplayer, but that's because all the mechanics are built for multiplayer. The humor is hit-and-miss but the announcer's delivery is usually pretty amusing. If you enjoy fun and have a friend who also enjoys fun you will probably have a ball, but if you want deep gameplay you'll have to look elsewhere.

The secret stages have the best music.

and that's $1.5 saved for another game or tf2 items

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Up to the Elves posted:

i bought myself many games and i feel good about it thanks ! :)
Groupees gifted me many games and is the real Santa.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if someone would like to join me in buying me games i will not complain
http://steamcommunity.com/id/RENILDAEH

the only game on sale right now that i know is alice 2 and i recommend you buy it for yourselves or your most cherished of steam friends. goon day blessed new years all. :tipshat:

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

was considering getting mercenary kings before metal slug got a port. glad i didn't.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

liquid courage posted:

was considering getting mercenary kings before metal slug got a port. glad i didn't.

yikes

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Metal Slug 3 and Metal Slug X are 75% and 50% off respectively today.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

who is going to buy me lethal league

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

ArfJason posted:

Enjoy komaeda

Also i havent got a single steam game so far, neither gifts nor purchases because im waiting for squarelogic to go on a deeper discount
Was thinking of getting the nfs that was on yesterday

i enjoyed komaeda and he was far better as a character than i expected. i burnt through the game in 5 days

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=479b92d7905911e490918f11ef020582

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Apparently Nuclear Throne is having a promotion where if you buy it in 2014, you get a free copy to gift in 2015. So we should all buy it cause that game looks rad.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Psycobladder posted:

Apparently Nuclear Throne is having a promotion where if you buy it in 2014, you get a free copy to gift in 2015. So we should all buy it cause that game looks rad.

my strategy is to not buy it and then get one of the gift copies that will be everywhere in a couple months

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i enjoyed komaeda and he was far better as a character than i expected. i burnt through the game in 5 days

he is easily the best written character in the game, and possibly one of the most memorable characters in games

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Holy poo poo that site sucks. Walk through all the steps to redeem the game and right at the very last step does it say the game has already been redeemed. :argh:

This is why the Humble Bundle is a better site.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Holy poo poo that site sucks. Walk through all the steps to redeem the game and right at the very last step does it say the game has already been redeemed. :argh:

This is why the Humble Bundle is a better site.

lol its a turd game anyway

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

elf help book posted:

lol its a turd game anyway

Also why Humble Bundle is a better site too.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Also why Humble Bundle is a better site too.

theyve been offering a lot of turds lately

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Psycobladder posted:

it is incredible

it is very, very, very worth playing

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

theyve been offering a lot of turds lately

reminder that we were getting constant poo poo and everyone was insulting humble right before we got the thq, wb and origin bundles which are still bearing fruit for me cause they were all insanely good games

i have faith in humble

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I gave BBG my spare copy of Don't Starve Together, since he was the only one with it on his public wishlist. Keep those wishlists updated, gamers.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I gave BBG my spare copy of Don't Starve Together, since he was the only one with it on his public wishlist. Keep those wishlists updated, gamers.

let's play this! Thank you!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ey goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjbgj2V6-o0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTPdehG3xro

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the OST is just sick as hell

i really wish someone hadn't spoiled the big reveal in a SA ad

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

anyone interested in splitting a 4-pack of lethal league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

the OST is just sick as hell

i really wish someone hadn't spoiled the big reveal in a SA ad

tbh the twists dont stop coming in case 5 and 6 so its really no big deal

that part where the 8 bit version of ekoroshia starts playing is alright as everything starts falling apart

• Locked thread