Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Actually managed to do a handful of full lobby 30 player races w/ GlitterBob last night, I wish having that many people in a lobby was more common. All they really need to do is let us wait in the lobby for another minute or two :saddowns:

10 laps, wanted levels on, custom compacts, at the airport. Hilarious mayhem!!!

GlitterBob, when are you gonna plug a mic in and hang w/ the cool kids?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Highlights from last night's run of Horse Factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcGBtWqZKw

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Okay, story time, since literally no one from the crew besides me is online on PS3 and I'm waiting out a mission payout.

Last week, we had a small group racing that included me, Malakai / Hugh Malone, and (I believe) Zinzninznzniznznizninc / Otiosely. We were racing with one of Malakai's friends from another crew. During a GTA race, Malakai managed to somehow jack the other guy's car. The other guy was like "fine, I'll take your car".

Malakai says "Hey, that's a hacked car, it has turbo. It's glitched, though, you have to hold down triangle to get the boost". The guy did.

Holding down triangle respawns you at the last checkpoint. We laughed, well, that's my story.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prokhor posted:

I barely play races so wait until some master race maker like Malakai or one of his friends signs on to really hear about that but from just the gimmicky not serious at all races there are some really drat fun ones like races where it's basically an obstacle course around a race track with missiles flying everywhere and hay bales and general madness. Longer races with ramps jumping over and between highways and plenty of fun. I think if you're looking for races specifically using prop placement it's gotten a lot better for the next gen (current gen?) because I heard I think they opened it up a bit and added more objects that can be placed. I think for PC if they keep that trend up then you'll be in even better shape.

Thanks for the nice rundown!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Eonwe posted:

Thanks for the nice rundown!

I have a ton of cool races bookmarked on PS3 that came from hugh malone or his friends in GCCC or other racing / creator crews. Plenty of multi-story ramps that carry you over a couple of city blocks, rooftop jumping, mid-air hotwheel tracks, corkscrew backflip ramps, wall-riding, and a host of technically-sound medium-hard tracks that will help develop your skills as a driver.

However, building a lot of those props, huge ramps, and midair platforms relies on glitches in the content creator which may or may not be possible on current-gen or PC.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
See you fuckers in a little while. Cashing in my gamestop powerups points and getting this game. Am I still eligible for [MTNC] ?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

See you fuckers in a little while. Cashing in my gamestop powerups points and getting this game. Am I still eligible for [MTNC] ?

Nice...we are all in LLJK now. We are friends on Social Club apparently, I just invited you.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
So does the passive mode icon not show if you're in a vehicle? This guy is in a plane and is a blood red dot but is invincible? Is this an issue with the icon not showing or is he abusing an invincibility glitch?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Snow will be back temporarily.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

So does the passive mode icon not show if you're in a vehicle? This guy is in a plane and is a blood red dot but is invincible? Is this an issue with the icon not showing or is he abusing an invincibility glitch?

Yeah, the passive mode dot is finicky about when it wants to show.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

There's a passive mode glitch for Xbone/PS4 where they don't look passive but they are and can inflict damage. Seems to work in vehicles and on foot. Something about switching to SP as you switch into passive mode while you are a passenger in a car in online.

Or it might not be working. The dot isn't always passive when they clearly are.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hockles posted:

Snow will be back temporarily.

Sez who

e; VVV aww yiss

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 31, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
A whole day?!?
Someone at Rockstar is feeling extremely generous! Maybe they've been hitting the eggnog too hard.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

lol on New Years Eve where most folk will be out doing things unless you're a loner loser sitting at home being a loser who loses.

just kidding I hope they turn it on here quick cause that's all I set aside for my Tuesday night... dot-shooting.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Bit of a whine incoming but dear god the Homing Launcher is pretty poorly thought out as far as Free Roam is concerned. You can't lock on to Pubbies in cars but they can sure as hell just jump out and instantly get tone and blow you out the sky.

Hmpf. :qq:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zip! posted:

Bit of a whine incoming but dear god the Homing Launcher is pretty poorly thought out as far as Free Roam is concerned. You can't lock on to Pubbies in cars but they can sure as hell just jump out and instantly get tone and blow you out the sky.

Passive-mode Cargobob Tank.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Zip! posted:

Fly plane/heli below building and tree lines and watch as their MANPAD struggles to lock on due to terrain interference. I've literally been shot down only once when in my buzzard and that's cause I was dicking around and flying too high.

My new favorite bug is that the little speaker in my PS4 controller won't tell me when I'm being locked on to or that a missile is flying at me unless I literally look backwards at the missile flying at me - holy poo poo that defeats the purpose...

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Just a quick heads up for those still looking for them, the current special crate has the Patriot beer hat. I managed to snag one, switched sessions, and immediately had another crate drop and snagged that one as well.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Aardmania posted:

Just a quick heads up for those still looking for them, the current special crate has the Patriot beer hat. I managed to snag one, switched sessions, and immediately had another crate drop and snagged that one as well.

I love u

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Aardmania posted:

For what it's worth, when I went to the Mask store and used the hats section, all the hats i hadn't collected or bought during previous events were sitting there to "purchase" for free. No special crate catching needed.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Does the Beer Helmet count as a bike helmet that you can set? Caaaaaaaaaaaause uhhhhh mask'n'helmet ahoy. :getin:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How do I get my pre-order 500k for Online?
I got a notification in game saying that it had been activated but I never got it.
It's the disk version and I did the check the PS Store for it thing that I'd seen online, fwiw.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

For what it's worth, when I went to the Mask store and used the hats section, all the hats i hadn't collected or bought during previous events were sitting there to "purchase" for free. No special crate catching needed.

People have been reporting that before (Independence Day beer hats) but it has never been true for me.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lmao I can't believe that winx guy sent mercenaries after you, Otiosely. Though we did own him pretty hard collecting his bounty (the one of many :jihad: )

E: jeezus we are owning everyone in this lobby, especially that lovely couple in the four-seater plane... :roflolmao:

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Dec 31, 2014

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Lmao I can't believe that winx guy sent mercenaries after you, Otiosely. Though we did own him pretty hard collecting his bounty (the one of many :jihad: )

E: jeezus we are owning everyone in this lobby, especially that lovely couple in the four-seater plane... :roflolmao:

I think he was especially mad because I left proxies on his car :mrgw:

What I can't believe is the sheer number of mercs there were. I thought it was 3-4 jeeps worth but at least a dozen must have appeared even before you quit shopping.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I think he was especially mad because I left proxies on his car :mrgw:

What I can't believe is the sheer number of mercs there were. I thought it was 3-4 jeeps worth but at least a dozen must have appeared even before you quit shopping.

I really thought that Binco would be our last stand, but I stood corrected! :frogc00l:

But my sacrifice at the hangar shootout ended up being in vain...!

bonus: gently caress u got mine

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

every breath you take
and every move you make

But my sacrifice at the hangar shootout ended up being in vain...!

Not my fault the police consider my wing to be valuable airspace!!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

every breath you take
and every move you make

Not my fault the police consider my wing to be valuable airspace!!

I never noticed before but it looks like they didnt even upgrade the model of that chopper from GTAIV.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Aurain posted:

How do I get my pre-order 500k for Online?
I got a notification in game saying that it had been activated but I never got it.
It's the disk version and I did the check the PS Store for it thing that I'd seen online, fwiw.

Submit a ticket to Rockstar Support. That's about your only option.

Edit: Yes you can jump a cement truck into Fort Zancudo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGafB08cXko

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

bonus: gently caress u got mine

:hfive:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

There's a passive mode glitch for Xbone/PS4 where they don't look passive but they are and can inflict damage. Seems to work in vehicles and on foot. Something about switching to SP as you switch into passive mode while you are a passenger in a car in online.

Or it might not be working. The dot isn't always passive when they clearly are.

Passive mode also doesn't display while you're in a vehicle, you look like a regular dot. While I was in passive mode the other day, someone called a mugger on me and was successful. This action by the pubbie may have been sparked by leaving proximity mines on Simeon's garage about 10 minutes earlier and he decided to hunt me down.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Passive mode also doesn't display while you're in a vehicle, you look like a regular dot. While I was in passive mode the other day, someone called a mugger on me and was successful. This action by the pubbie may have been sparked by leaving proximity mines on Simeon's garage about 10 minutes earlier and he decided to hunt me down.

That is like a cruel joke on the part of Rockstar. They "fix" passive so you can actually use it but then make it so no one else realizes you're untouchable until they are literally on top of you. Prior to everyone jumping on last night, I was in a clothing store and there were two guys outside shooting the hell out of me not realizing I was in passive.

So, what other dorks will be on tonight? My two year old has bronchitis so the cashcamden family will be hunkered down tonight ringing in the New Year at home.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I just ran a 2 lap race of "Slip 'n' Slide" and it is 1000% more frustrating in the snow than on wet mud. It was so bad that the pubbie I was running it with rage quit after he kept spinning around trying to get around a corner. I had an off-road sultan and it still took me 7 minutes to finish it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so in GTA SA my favorite cars were the buffalo and the sultan

I'm getting this on the PC, just curious how those two cars are for driving around in

I'm guessing the buffalo is kind of subpar since I haven't read anything about it, but the sultans are good to upgrade etc

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Eonwe posted:

so in GTA SA my favorite cars were the buffalo and the sultan

I'm getting this on the PC, just curious how those two cars are for driving around in

I'm guessing the buffalo is kind of subpar since I haven't read anything about it, but the sultans are good to upgrade etc

There are two Buffalos - the Buffalo S is the car that Franklin has in SP and is more powerful than the regular Buffalo though neither are anything special. The S wasn't available in online until recently but you still don't see them around much.

The Sultan is pretty much the best car in the game for free roam and missions. Holds its own in racing I suppose (it is considered sports) if you know how to drive it well (I don't).

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

This action by the pubbie may have been sparked by leaving proximity mines on Simeon's garage about 10 minutes earlier and he decided to hunt me down.

This makes me wonder, do the prox mines have a maximum effective range? Like, could you plant em on Simeon's garage and then drive all the way out to Sandy Shores or Paleto Bay before someone got close enough to set them off?
And for that matter, do sticky bombs have a determined range?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Wee Bairns posted:

I haven't tried in a while but I know for a fact that stickies used to have unlimited range, and I assume they still do. Before Pegasus vehicles despawned I used to park a Buzzard in the city with a sticky on it, then detonate it when I get the "We regret to inform you that someone has stolen your vehicle" mesasge. I have detonated a Buzzard that was at the airport while being in Paleto Bay before and gotten a kill out of it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

geeves posted:

Submit a ticket to Rockstar Support. That's about your only option.

Edit: Yes you can jump a cement truck into Fort Zancudo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGafB08cXko

Was the 500k a preorder bonus, or a "welcome back!" bonus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

This makes me wonder, do the prox mines have a maximum effective range? Like, could you plant em on Simeon's garage and then drive all the way out to Sandy Shores or Paleto Bay before someone got close enough to set them off?

Probably... this is what sparked it - and I proximity mined cashcamden with the HPV at the beach while sitting in my house up in the hills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFr7nrL8iA0

hiddenriverninja posted:

Was the 500k a preorder bonus, or a "welcome back!" bonus?

Pre-order. And some vendors (like if you bought directly from PS4) also may have added an extra 100-150k to the mix.

Aurain - did you get the 500k for Franklin in Single Player?

Kelly posted:

So, what other dorks will be on tonight? My two year old has bronchitis so the cashcamden family will be hunkered down tonight ringing in the New Year at home.

I'm on call for work (whose bright idea was it to release a major software update two days ago?), so I'll be around.

geeves fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 31, 2014

• Locked thread