Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

What's the best eyehategod album?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Fatso Jetson kicks rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMCzMiNZZrE

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I spent an entire summer in college once listening to basically nothing but Black Sabbath's first four records.

Still B.A.E posted:

I usually go with Take as Needed for Pain

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Still B.A.E posted:

Probably Take As Needed For Pain, although I really love the new one.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Still B.A.E posted:

It is definitely take as needed for pain

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Probably followed by dopesick

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I like the first EHG best

Nativity In Black posted:

I spent an entire summer in college once listening to basically nothing but Black Sabbath's first four records.

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: I spent an entire life once listening to basically nothing but Black Sabbath's first four records.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Dyna Soar posted:

first 4 are probably the greatest bunch of albums made by a band in succession.

Metallica :can:

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

dude don't talk about the kings of cock-rock Metallica in the Stoner/Doom/Sludge thread :magical:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Digi_Kraken posted:

dude don't talk about the kings of cock-rock Metallica in the Stoner/Doom/Sludge thread :magical:

thrash isn't cock rock :[

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

It’s also not stoner, sludge or doom.

Although I do really like the Sabra Cadabra/National Acrobat mashup on Garage Inc and will defend it forever.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

This is the definitive Sabbra Cadabra cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOEOXqbEBwc&t=28s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nativity In Black posted:

Black Sabbath, Paranoid and Master of Reality were all released in the space of 18 months :worship:

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

They also recorded Black Sabbath in about a day basically live in the studio. Ozzy had a cold which is why he sounds kind of husky on it.

I’m going to be listening to nothing but Sabbath for like a fortnight now.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Yeah, I love that the answer to the question "how do I get Geezer's bass tone from the self-titled album?" is "play through a guitar cab with three blown speakers, and slam the strings so hard that they bounce off the fretboard."

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Is there anywhere where you can buy a poster of the Dopesmoker album art? I looked in the Sleep store and Arik Roper's store but I missed it or it's not in either.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I don't know if there's anywhere you can buy a poster but I did recently come across a high res version suitable for Poster Creation.

http://hhbrady.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dopesmoker-reissue-cover-full.jpg

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
I remember about a year ago someone asked the same question and the answer was that no one sold any, you'd have to print a large one out at a kinko's, I think I looked it up and a decent sized one was only like 25 bucks. Really worth it.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
They sold posters when the reissue first came out, but you'd probably have to get one off eBay or something. I've tried to pick up the Tee Pee "Dopesmoker" CD a few times, but people always sell them for ridiculous prices.

I finally got around to putting the old HUGENELK demos on youtube, with a gig poster slideshow: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf8FBwUw6eiEu2AtkBdyWFg

Goddamn, I barely remember playing some of those shows. How the hell did we open for a glam metal band, a Dio cover band and a mariachi group?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Juaguocio posted:

Goddamn, I barely remember playing some of those shows. How the hell did we open for a glam metal band, a Dio cover band and a mariachi group?

ha, i hear ya. was the mariachi group any good?

we once played with an instrumental spacey metal band who had 3 guitar players and a keytar player. they played second, we were third. they played for over 2 hours. on a wednesday. including a careless whisper cover.

that was pretty much my worst music experience.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Dyna Soar posted:

ha, i hear ya. was the mariachi group any good?

we once played with an instrumental spacey metal band who had 3 guitar players and a keytar player. they played second, we were third. they played for over 2 hours. on a wednesday. including a careless whisper cover.

that was pretty much my worst music experience.

As I recall, it was a large, eclectic show with two(?) stages, and it just happened that we played right before the mariachi band. They were pretty good, and got a better crowd reaction than we did.

The worst gig we played involved driving 5 hours to play for nobody, but I'm sure most bands have stories like that.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Heading out to Orlando for Clutch and Torche in a bit. Should be a good time.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Double post but Torche and Clutch were both pretty solid. Kinda bummed for no Spacegrass or Dragonfly, but they played Pure Rock Fury so I can deal.

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006

clearly not a horse posted:

About Colour Haze though: Have they said anything about any new material coming out soon? I can't seem to find any good sources for stuff related to Colour Haze and they don't seem have jumped onto social medias yet.

New album came out last month, got my CD copy on Christmas Eve. Vinyl isn't released till February though.

quote:

EDIT: color haze are cool but too vocally. Anything similar along the lines of the track "Love" ?

Check out 35007 and My Sleeping Karma. Improv bands like My Brother The Wind or Tia Carrera might be worth looking into also.

flamingdawg fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 5, 2015

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Shakenbaker posted:

Double post but Torche and Clutch were both pretty solid. Kinda bummed for no Spacegrass or Dragonfly, but they played Pure Rock Fury so I can deal.

From 1995 to 2005 I have probably seen Clutch a dozen times. By 2005 they played almost nothing from the S/T album. Personally, I didn't care most of their albums since Pure Rock Fury either. Then, I caught them last year supporting Earth Rocker, which I would consider a true return to form. They played Spacegrass, Escape From The Prison Planet and I Have the Body of John Wilkes Booth!!! Finally... Redemption.

Seeing Torche in just a few days. I'm anxious to hear the new stuff.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

From 1995 to 2005 I have probably seen Clutch a dozen times. By 2005 they played almost nothing from the S/T album. Personally, I didn't care most of their albums since Pure Rock Fury either. Then, I caught them last year supporting Earth Rocker, which I would consider a true return to form. They played Spacegrass, Escape From The Prison Planet and I Have the Body of John Wilkes Booth!!! Finally... Redemption.

Seeing Torche in just a few days. I'm anxious to hear the new stuff.

I think the real curveballs last night were Texan Book of the Dead to start the set off, and the encore started with fuckin' Animal Farm. As a whole the set felt Blast Tyrant-heavy (Cypress Grove, Profits of Doom, and Regulator all got played), but it was pretty well balanced. Elephant Riders and Pure Rock Fury! :toot:

Torche were pretty good. It's the first time I've seen them live but I've listened to them for a while. Was pretty stoked to hear Vampyro, made me smile. Obviously no idea how they stack up to the days of yore but once they started playing I was very quickly in "yeah that's definitely Torche" mode. I'd like to see them in a smaller setting I think, but they worked for me at least.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Torche related...

Thanks to a year end list I finally listened to this. It's really good.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Hell yeah, Brothers of the Sonic Cloth are releasing their debut next month. 2015 is off to a great start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDk96GQKTWU&t=48s

TAD DOYLE!!!!!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

e: i just wanna add that tad loving rules. listen to tad.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 6, 2015

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Dyna Soar posted:

e: i just wanna add that tad loving rules. listen to tad.

These two sentences right here are correct. Very much so.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Where would one start with Tad? I've only heard the one song of theirs on the Hype soundtrack.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Allen Wren posted:

Where would one start with Tad? I've only heard the one song of theirs on the Hype soundtrack.

My first experience was with "Inhaler," so it's my go to for Tad. I'd go with "Infrared Riding Hood" as my next choice.

But like Dyna Soar said, "listen to Tad." You pretty much can't go wrong.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

My first experience was with "Inhaler," so it's my go to for Tad. I'd go with "Infrared Riding Hood" as my next choice.

But like Dyna Soar said, "listen to Tad." You pretty much can't go wrong.

sal lick / gods balls and 8-way santa are my favourites, but you can't go wrong with any of their albums.

I mean check out this goddamn song: http://youtu.be/bdg4_IBIVAQ?t=19m33s

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 7, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

welp, that song is rad, and the song I've previously heard from them (Giant Killer) is also on that record. Time to dive in.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Torche related...

Thanks to a year end list I finally listened to this. It's really good.

This is one of my favorite albums of 2014, definitely worth checking out. "Find Away" is so catchy it's revolting.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

So Truckfighters are playing my city in a couple of months. I'm not really familiar with them but this thread has recommended them in the past so if I don't go see them am I going to regret it, or really regret it?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Mustard Snobbery posted:

So Truckfighters are playing my city in a couple of months. I'm not really familiar with them but this thread has recommended them in the past so if I don't go see them am I going to regret it, or really regret it?

they're about as generic as stoner comes. I've never seen them, but I'm willing to bet they're a lot of fun live, so go if you're into stoner rock.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Mustard Snobbery posted:

I saw them last year and it was a blast, I'd go if you enjoy live music.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Alright, sounds good. I'm always up to just rock the gently caress out and have fun. Thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
MONOLORD covering Black Sabbath's Fairies Wear Boots - https://soundcloud.com/cvltnation/monolord-fairies-wear-boots

and a new song from their next full length out in APRIL - https://soundcloud.com/easyriderrecords/monolord-cursing-the-one/s-vlqMv