Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

Probably... this is what sparked it - and I proximity mined cashcamden with the HPV at the beach while sitting in my house up in the hills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFr7nrL8iA0

Pre-order. And some vendors (like if you bought directly from PS4) also may have added an extra 100-150k to the mix.

Aurain - did you get the 500k for Franklin in Single Player?

I'm on call for work (whose bright idea was it to release a major software update two days ago?), so I'll be around.

Tis the season. I work for a software company that is releasing a huge update this week, too. Us marketing experts get the night off though.

Funny thing about that proximity mine - I was still in my car and not that close at all to the HPV. I wasn't even that close to the car when it went off for that reason - I was trying to check it out through my scope to see if there was one on there, but away I went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Tis the season. I work for a software company that is releasing a huge update this week, too. Us marketing experts get the night off though.

Funny thing about that proximity mine - I was still in my car and not that close at all to the HPV. I wasn't even that close to the car when it went off for that reason - I was trying to check it out through my scope to see if there was one on there, but away I went.

I may have put 4 around it too, don't even let them get close. Why use one when you can mine all around it with 5?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kelly posted:

There are two Buffalos - the Buffalo S is the car that Franklin has in SP and is more powerful than the regular Buffalo though neither are anything special. The S wasn't available in online until recently but you still don't see them around much.

The Sultan is pretty much the best car in the game for free roam and missions. Holds its own in racing I suppose (it is considered sports) if you know how to drive it well (I don't).

Sultan is great, Buffalo S is fun. Sounds good, looks good, performs okay. Reminds me more of a muscle car despite being in the sports class. but I like mine. Also the shape lends itself very well to armoring it up and using it as cover in missions, you're hard to hit behind that thing.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I feel like the Sultan thing is an in-joke that I don't get. It's a terrible car. The Oracle is objectively better in every possible way as far as 4-door cars go. Is it the rarity or something?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Slim Killington posted:

I feel like the Sultan thing is an in-joke that I don't get. It's a terrible car. The Oracle is objectively better in every possible way as far as 4-door cars go. Is it the rarity or something?

Sultan is bad unmodded, amazing when fully modded. Win some more races.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Slim Killington posted:

Leave. Now. :(

It may just not be your preferred car for whatever reason. But for me--and I know plenty of others--it has a really great weight/power ratio, is all-wheel drive, and has juuuuust enough slide to it that it whips through corners.

Add in how much oomph/value you get each time you upgrade it, and it's dirt-cheap replacement costs(particularly when Kelly throws stickies like its fuckin' amateur hour. ;) ) and it's a winner in my book.

The oracle just feels heavy and slow. No matter how much j upgrade it. Meanwhile, I can chase down pretty much anyone in my Sultan--even if they're in a super car. It's just. That. Good.

E: and yes, I will also be on tonight with the rest of you non-celebratory goons. Let me take out my frustrations on the pubbies.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Slim Killington posted:

Are you on PS4? I am more than happy to challenge you to a race where you are in your Oracle and I am in my Sultan.

The Sultan is so much better than the Oracle that the comparison is mind boggling. The Oracle has better brakes, and that's it. The Sultan is substantially better in every other way.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

When people say the "Sultan" is good, they're not talking about the basic off-the-street model. They're talking about the Sultan RS, which is the advanced model that the Sultan evolves into when you mod it enough.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
My preferred loving around cars are the Dominator and the Stanier.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Leave. Now. :(

It may just not be your preferred car for whatever reason. But for me--and I know plenty of others--it has a really great weight/power ratio, is all-wheel drive, and has juuuuust enough slide to it that it whips through corners.

Add in how much oomph/value you get each time you upgrade it, and it's dirt-cheap replacement costs(particularly when Kelly throws stickies like its fuckin' amateur hour. ;) ) and it's a winner in my book.

The oracle just feels heavy and slow. No matter how much j upgrade it. Meanwhile, I can chase down pretty much anyone in my Sultan--even if they're in a super car. It's just. That. Good.

E: and yes, I will also be on tonight with the rest of you non-celebratory goons. Let me take out my frustrations on the pubbies.

I think my sticky-throwing skills beat just about anyone's in the heat of battle. Sure, sure...maybe I've blown up a few million in (your) cars but it's worth it. :colbert:

The Orcale is very sluggish compared to the Sultan - you're not out running someone in a super car in an Oracle but it can easily be done in a Sultan.

BitBasher posted:

Are you on PS4? I am more than happy to challenge you to a race where you are in your Oracle and I am in my Sultan.

The Sultan is so much better than the Oracle that the comparison is mind boggling. The Oracle has better brakes, and that's it. The Sultan is substantially better in every other way.

Well, the man has now spoken. This is the correct answer!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

BitBasher posted:

I guess I've just never driven a fully-upgraded one, but I've never bothered to get and upgrade one because it's not great on the stats sheet compared to other 4-doors.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Nintendo Kid posted:

My preferred loving around cars are the Dominator and the Stanier.

How can anyone prefer anything over the SandKing XL

Oh just beautiful.

It's pretty fast, tough, and can go offroad even in the city. By which I mean that since it has such huge ground clearance and giant tires it can run over things that stop any other car. Barriers on the side of the road? Done. Pesky highway lane blockers? Like they're not even there. Do those pubbie players want to keep you on some elevated highway? Ramp off the side and watch them slam into the wall in rage!

Brought to you by Vapid Motors LLC

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

I guess I've just never driven a fully-upgraded one, but I've never bothered to get and upgrade one because it's not great on the stats sheet compared to other 4-doors.

It's very much an ugly duckling, in that it's a lovely garbage mobile until you dump all the mods into it and then it's amazing. Its starting stats suck and its modded stats own.

Prokhor posted:

How can anyone prefer anything over the SandKing XL

Oh just beautiful.

It's pretty fast, tough, and can go offroad even in the city. By which I mean that since it has such huge ground clearance and giant tires it can run over things that stop any other car. Barriers on the side of the road? Done. Pesky highway lane blockers? Like they're not even there. Do those pubbie players want to keep you on some elevated highway? Ramp off the side and watch them slam into the wall in rage!

Brought to you by Vapid Motors LLC

This is the choice of champions (spent an hour at online launch looking for one to claim as my first personal vehicle)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Sultan is basically a Pokemon. You have to go out of your way to find the thing in the wild and when you finally catch one it's kinda poo poo until you slap EXP Share on it and get it evolved.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Stat sheets are useless because not every car gets the same bonuses from its upgrades. The Sultan (And Futo if I remember right) get huge bonuses from engine upgrades compared to other cars near them. It's really ridiculous upgraded. You can do a handbrake 180 and generate smoke and skid marks from all 4 tires when accelerating.

The stat bars are entirely useless for comparing cars unless you only care about comparing a base car with no upgrades because not all cars upgrade equally.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's also cheap enough to replace that putting sticky bombs on it and then chasing down dots and blowing yourself up to get them is both hilarious and affordable.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Policenaut posted:

The Sultan is basically a Pokemon. You have to go out of your way to find the thing in the wild and when you finally catch one it's kinda poo poo until you slap EXP Share on it and get it evolved.

This is accurate analogy. The Sultan RS with all mods is effectively Mega Sultan.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Love the snow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiKv3pvil_w

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
i can never win races so im stuck with my entity xf :-/

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Glad we're all agreeable. So can we murder his rear end now for speaking out of line? That sin alone deserves penance. I'll bet he doesn't like Horse Factory either!

And yes Kelly.. you are an expert sticky thrower. The only time we die from one is when I gently caress up, or it does some weird glitchy thing*. I am sorry for speaking out of line..

*You're a woman. I know better than to argue.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fyodor posted:

Here's how to rack up a bunch of race wins now if you can't get a buddy to trade wins with you:
1) Buy or find a Sadler truck
2) Give it whatever mods you have unlocked just in case
3) Create or play any race that has the option for the "utility" class
4) Win every time, because the Sadler counts as "utility" and basically no one else is going to have one. So you can easily out run the golf carts and Faggios.

If you're on 360, I have one specifically geared for it: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/fishmech/games/gtav/jobs/job/Qht4jaXLg0uheNW5gv_5cA?platformId=1

Playing it on GTA mode so that the slowpokes can shoot each other and not ragequit is reccomended, as well as turning on traffic and wanted levels.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Glad we're all agreeable. So can we murder his rear end now for speaking out of line? That sin alone deserves penance. I'll bet he doesn't like Horse Factory either!

And yes Kelly.. you are an expert sticky thrower. The only time we die from one is when I gently caress up, or it does some weird glitchy thing*. I am sorry for speaking out of line..

*You're a woman. I know better than to argue.

Lady drivers, am I right? :rimshot:

:lol: at that car in the snow.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fyodor posted:

Get a goonbro to let you rack up some wins on single lap races of criminal records. Slap together a 16 race playlist and make a little cash and RP at the same time.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
For people having trouble finding cars I found that starting an invite-only session works super well, I've found every car within 30 seconds of going to the spawn area. Tho maybe I'm just having good luck, but now to make my Sandking bright loving pink :getin:

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

For what it's worth, when I went to the Mask store and used the hats section, all the hats i hadn't collected or bought during previous events were sitting there to "purchase" for free. No special crate catching needed.

How recently was this? I went to check this out and didn't see anything. Any chance Rockstar has fixed this or is there a special thing you have to do? I can't ever seem to get to those darn crates.

Do we know if the snow is only for tonight as well?

Also, I haven't really played with goons in a while, but I am in LLJK, so if you see me online (PS4) just shoot me an invite (if I'm playing single player though, I'm really close to the end of the story and I want to finish it soon, so I may be doing that tonight a bit, but I'll be on after that to ring in the new year because all my friends moved away :smith:) My PSN ID is same as here too. I know I've been getting some invites, but some are names I don't recognize so I can't remember if it still does the thing where random people can invite you so I would quickly check the Crew menu but I didn't see the names sometimes and just wouldn't accept.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just had a passive guy roll past while his non-passive friend in the passenger seat drive by murdered the gently caress out of me. What.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Quasipox posted:

How recently was this? I went to check this out and didn't see anything. Any chance Rockstar has fixed this or is there a special thing you have to do? I can't ever seem to get to those darn crates.

I did this on the day before Christmas Eve, when snow had already started to come up. If it matters, I had been able to snag a single hat from a special crate in the Independence Day event, but hadn't gotten the others, and it let me "buy" them. This is on 360 incidentally.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

fyodor posted:

I need to swap race wins, so if be down to help you. Lyer007 on the ps4

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Proud of my vehicle

E: gently caress I hate chrome ios

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 31, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is it wrong that I prefer my Sandking XL to have the truck bed cover on? It just makes it look like an even bigger giant crazy slab of metal to me.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Bright pink Sandkings are the only Sandkings. I upgraded to a Dubsta 6x6 (Also bright pink) and it owns.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Proud of my vehicle

B

E: gently caress I hate chrome ios

That's not a fuckin XL!!!

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Today's snow discoveries: fireworks vs helicopters is pretty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bslHG7b88

also if you race with people with poo poo connections it can make the NPC cars go a bit mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybvu8Ue4D0g

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Got my two sweet snow rides:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Prokhor posted:

That's not a fuckin XL!!!

I know, I'm too cool to be driving other people around :c00l:

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I know, I'm too cool to be driving other people around :c00l:

Only the SandKing XL features the patent pending tailgate defense system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTF-vEp9gBg

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Kelly posted:

Lady drivers, am I right? :rimshot:

:lol: at that car in the snow.

I hosted the runway race that only allows Coquette Classics in the snow. It was Glorious!

Bobtista posted:

I just had a passive guy roll past while his non-passive friend in the passenger seat drive by murdered the gently caress out of me. What.

No big deal, you can lock on and shoot the passenger through the car. I've done it several times.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

geeves posted:

Aurain - did you get the 500k for Franklin in Single Player?

Nope. I'll chase it up with R* some time.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Since it looks like there's at least 4 other LLJKs in this PS3 lobby...I'm 200 feet underwater you jackasses! Leave me alone while I ride this bounty out! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

lol

• Locked thread