Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Wirth1000 posted:

Have of taste of Joe Saward's premium GP+ magazine/pdf he throws together with some other hacks: https://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/gp159abdab14.pdf
God, this is some junior college design poo poo. I want to throw up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Abner Assington posted:

God, this is some junior college design poo poo. I want to throw up.

SNAPSHOT

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Tsaedje posted:

Being a reserve driver helps massively when it comes to getting a Superlicense too

I would have thought they would need one to become a reserve, just in case they actually have to jump in one day

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Disappointing. Everyone thought the Montoya/Raikkonen team would set the world on fire but it didn't work out. Montoya wasn't bad in 2005, but it just wasn't what people expected from him.

He struggled with the car from what I remember.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

He struggled with the car from what I remember.

Just seems like a team that would have too much in terms of having two "alpha males" in some regards.

I also found the Alonso/Hamilton pairing odd in that regard.

Was there ever talk of Montoya at Ferrari? I do feel his F1 career was (sadly) too short fwiw.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

Being a reserve driver helps massively when it comes to getting a Superlicense too

Don't you need a super license to be a reserve driver?

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Have of taste of Joe Saward's premium GP+ magazine/pdf he throws together with some other hacks: https://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/gp159abdab14.pdf

Would it have killed him to put in photo's that weren't so covered in jpeg artefacts?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Don't you need a super license to be a reserve driver?

Does the super licence even exist any more? I seem to remember when I started watching F1 in the olden days, it was quite a big thing to get a super licence. Now it seems anyone over 15 can get in the sport as long as you have enough publicity and/or money behind you.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

Probably helps in getting pussy too

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainwrong posted:

Does the super licence even exist any more? I seem to remember when I started watching F1 in the olden days, it was quite a big thing to get a super licence. Now it seems anyone over 15 can get in the sport as long as you have enough publicity and/or money behind you.

It does. The only difference being is that back then super-licences were seemingly given at random.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

verstappen wasn't given a super license, he earned it by finishing 3rd in F3, as per the regulations that have existed for quite awhile now

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

verstappen wasn't given a super license, he earned it by finishing 3rd in F3, as per the regulations that have existed for quite awhile now

I think if anything it's even stricter than before.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Brainwrong posted:

You're aware of the existence of Taki Inoue and a myriad of other extremely poo poo F1 drivers from "back in the day" right

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Our Jense and Our Jessica have finally tied the knot

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/550437079629725697

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I wouldn't drive a car that had BBW in it.

It's mean not to give your mother a lift when she asks you.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Human Grand Prix posted:

I think if anything it's even stricter than before.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

In my mind, everyone who posts here (except Alain Post) looks like this, including having a daughter named Sebastian.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
naw i can grow a beard

i call it nicole sebastian

Dubs fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 1, 2015

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Whitey Ford posted:

In my mind, everyone who posts here (except Alain Post) looks like this, including having a daughter named Sebastian.

Ah Marhk's really put the pounds back on after leaving F1

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

simplefish posted:

Ah Marhk's really put the pounds back on after leaving F1

he sure went from one extreme to the other with his new wife

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

El Hefe posted:

You're aware of the existence of Taki Inoue and a myriad of other extremely poo poo F1 drivers from "back in the day" right

To me they were always quite old (probably because I was a teenager)

Yet these days it seems to be that you don't even need to have hit puberty before getting a licence.

(It's entirely possible that I am biased because I am old)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Brainwrong posted:

To me they were always quite old (probably because I was a teenager)

They were old but the bad old drivers of yesteryear were much worse than the young lads coming in.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Alain Post posted:

They were old but the bad old drivers of yesteryear were much worse than the young lads coming in.

But if the new kids are good, who is going to be the useless comedy driver to laugh at?

Webber has retired and Kimi is probably in his last year, so who will we laugh at when he's retired? We need a new breed of lovely driver. Not talented kids.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Brainwrong posted:

But if the new kids are good, who is going to be the useless comedy driver to laugh at?

Webber has retired and Kimi is probably in his last year, so who will we laugh at when he's retired? We need a new breed of lovely driver. Not talented kids.

Sebastian Vettel.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keevo posted:

Our Jense and Our Jessica have finally tied the knot

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/550437079629725697

So he is on a one-year contract, then.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Sebastian Vettel.

The laughter of joy as he secures title after title for Maranello

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Brainwrong posted:

The answer to this question, as so many others, is Pastor.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Dudley posted:

The answer to this question, as so many others, is Pastor.

You must be confused because the only Pastor in F1 is Pastor Maldonado. The man that single-handedly brought Williams back from the mid-field, the man that won a race for Williams when all others had failed and the same man who dragged fire victims out of a burning pitlane garage.

That's not a lovely driver that I just described, that's a man who deserves to be knighted by the king of Mexico.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Brainwrong posted:

You must be confused because the only Pastor in F1 is Pastor Maldonado. The man that single-handedly brought Williams back from the mid-field, the man that won a race for Williams when all others had failed and the same man who dragged fire victims out of a burning pitlane garage.

That's not a lovely driver that I just described, that's a man who deserves to be knighted by the king of Mexico.

With the price of oil in the shitter its only a matter of time before the people rise up and hang him from a lamp lost.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brainwrong posted:

FTFY

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Alain Post posted:

Lauda says the infants driving now are so good because the cars are sissy cars for pussies and grandmas and little girls could drive them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_ysr841NQ

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Lauda says the infants driving now are so good because the cars are sissy cars for pussies and grandmas and little girls could drive them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_ysr841NQ

Lauda and Jackie Stewart are now just essentially the same, grumbly. bitter, outspoken person. The only difference being that one of them loves deep fried food and the other was deep fried.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Didn't Lauda say the same a decade ago and then got it one and poo poo the bed entirely?

EDIT : Yes he did, said an idiot could drive them in 2002 and then spun twice in 3 laps when he tried.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Getting some new earlobes grafted is the least the joyless old oval office could do to keep me from throwing up every time that freak gets his visage shown on tv

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011
Lauda to replace Bernie.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Franz Tost also stated that the reason Max Verstappen can drive for TR next year is because the cars are so easy to drive.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

go3 posted:

hahahahahahahahahaha

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudio_Langes

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Brainwrong posted:

Lauda and Jackie Stewart are now just essentially the same, grumbly. bitter, outspoken person. The only difference being that one of them loves deep fried food and the other was deep fried.
I love them both. I read each of their books. But I like Jackie better. I buy these all the time so I can be closer to my hero Jackie

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Quirky Frenchman and all round nice guy Frank Montagny has admitted to taking cocaine around the time of the Malaysian ePrix. Reckons his career is over. Like, proper over, as in he won't be able to race in a LOWER lower formula over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It took me a little while there to realize what the gently caress an 'ePrix' is.

• Locked thread