Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Does Nasuverse canon have an explanation for why witches all have misshapen ears? Is it that the character designer just had a thing for elves? It's brought up in story, so it's not even a weird design choice. I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Myriad Truths posted:

Does Nasuverse canon have an explanation for why witches all have misshapen ears? Is it that the character designer just had a thing for elves? It's brought up in story, so it's not even a weird design choice. I don't get it.

Elves do exist in the Nasuverse along with other mythical creatures like Dragons. Sadly the whole setting is this weird Low-Urban fantasy mismash so we don't ever seem to see much of it.

Like apparently the moon is a huge deal, Gil is apparently so powerful the world has him sleep on the dark side of it where all the demons live.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Again, crossposting form the UBW thread:

Myriad Truths posted:

Also Caster can do all sorts of weird things, with her being a fake Master and whatever. I think Caster just has a special affinity with cheating. There's all sorts of things she can do against the logic of the War that sound absurd because she's such a good cheater.

If you think about it, all the breaches in rules Caster makes make sense. The Holy Grail War, with all of its regulations is, after all, nothing more than an immensely elaborate ritual prepared by a group of magi. Caster, being from the Age of Gods and all, is most likely significantly stronger than any of the magi directly involved in its establishment (welll, not Zelreth, oviously, but from what I remember he mostly just watched.) so it makes sense that she can bend the way it works a little.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
That was always my thought as well, the Grail was formed no earlier than a few hundred years in the past right for their to be four Holy Grail War's at the correct 60 year intervals? That's 250 years with the 5th. So circa 1750 though I vaguely recall it being 1550, doesn't matter. I expect a Mage from the Age of Myth/Gods to be powerful enough to glance at the grail and make it do the dance.

That's even if Medea/Caster even *is* something resembling a Mage, from what I recall of her myth she's no Raistlin*. So a proper Mage from that time could do whatever hacks he or she wants.

*Assuming the origin of the Nasuverse being an RPG system derived from D&D is correct then Medea is probably more of a Bard, but you're still a spellcaster so it counts.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 1, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Beef Waifu when you do make a new UBW thread please re-use that thread title, it is too good to let go Unless you have some even better Chuck Lorre puns lined up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Beef Waifu when you do make a new UBW thread please re-use that thread title, it is too good to let go Unless you have some even better Chuck Lorre puns lined up.
beef waifu when you do make a new UBW thread please collaborate with zorak to ban every poster in it when the show ends

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When I make a new UBW thread you can expect it to be filled with more swearing and less descriptiveness next time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just fill it with GIFs.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

When I make a new UBW thread you can expect it to be filled with more swearing and less descriptiveness next time.

posters in the UBW thread are, to be honest, bad people, so i approve

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
When you make a new UBW thread, in the OP post just write, "no it's not F/Z you fuckers"

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Compendium posted:

When you make a new UBW thread, in the OP post just write, "no it's not F/Z you fuckers"

UBW is a cooking anime.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Soylentbits posted:

UBW is a cooking anime.
The proper Fate adaptation we've been waiting for.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

There is a desperate need for a nasu-verse master chef parody to be made.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xoidanor posted:

There is a desperate need for a nasu-verse master chef parody to be made.
it's kind of surprising that this wasn't a gag in carnival phantasm, honestly

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Didn't they have Shirou and Archer compete to make food with the obvious hilarious gags of Rin and Saber tasting it to boot?

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Didn't they have Shirou and Archer compete to make food with the obvious hilarious gags of Rin and Saber tasting it to boot?

Did they? Cause I don't remember it and I desperately need to see it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No they didn't. Not in Carnival Phantasm at any rate. Maybe H/A but I haven't read that yet.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Finally have the time to watch this thing, and there is no thread to complain about the Kirei scene...

... and I'll have to wait till April to get more.

Oh well, there will be Jojos to fill the gap in my heart.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I don't know how to make gifs that don't look like garbage, but no one seemed to make one of this scene, so here:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

You stop living in the past century and do webms. https://github.com/nixxquality/WebMConverter

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 4, 2015

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Right, nothing says modern like putting a slur in your program's name.

Thanks for the webm tip, though. I guess I'll look into that!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jellycat posted:

Right, nothing says modern like putting a slur in your program's name.
which part is a slur?

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Endorph posted:

which part is a slur?

The "retard" part.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jellycat posted:

The "retard" part.
Oh, didn't see that on the site.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Oh, git over yourself. "Git" is more comparable to "dumbass" than "retard".

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Pretty sure she's referring to the "WebM for retards" part.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

That's retarded

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Oh wow, I actually missed that too, but there it is. Welp, now I'm the git. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could go for some webbums, right now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You think we'll ever get an Apocrypha anime?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did Apocrypha even end up being good?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did Apocrypha even end up being good?

Pffffthahahaha.

It had a bunch of cool fights though. That's enough for me to want to see it animated.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Speaking of not good Type Moon works, this has come out recently:

Lord El-Melloi II posted:

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

"In a way, you could say that the modern magus is in the business of gathering angels."

The detached castle Adra. [India? Syria? Ethiopia? Spain? none of the above?]
Like a lone living being, it is a demon castle created by magi who were fascinated with angels.

The ruler (Lord) of modern thaumaturgy at the Clock Tower, El-Melloi II, gets caught up in a battle for succession over the detached castle. The interior of the castle is adorned with many angels.
Only those who have unraveled the mysteries of the Angel Names granted them are invited to inherit the detached castle.

However, it was no simple solution to a riddle. To the high-ranking magi of the Clock Tower, it was the beginning of an excessively fantastic tragedy--.

Now, the curtain rises on the "Lord El-Melloi II Case Files", which blends riddles and illusions, thaumaturgy and mysteries. [shinpi!]

Sanda Makoto (Red Dragon, Rental Magica)
x
Sakamoto Mineji (The Arms Dealer in a Dress and the Country of War Flowers, Lord of Knights)

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files 1: case. Detached Castle Adra
The curtain goes up on
Comic Market 87

It's notable for featuring possibly the most wank of all Saiba-clones yet and this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe UFOtable can do the world's first tsukihime anime after they're done with HF.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

lovely artwork aside, Waver Solves Magic Mysteries sounded like a neat premise when I first heard about it, I'd like to see it translated at the least so I can read it myself.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Rodyle posted:

lovely artwork aside, Waver Solves Magic Mysteries sounded like a neat premise when I first heard about it, I'd like to see it translated at the least so I can read it myself.

The artwork looks fine to me? :shrug:

As for a Tsukihime anime, I'm sure we'll get one a couple of years after the remake. So 2025 or thereabouts.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
It just clicked for me that Fate is basically just anime Bill and Ted. The Grail is Rufus.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I finished reading the Fate route now, interesting bit of irony and foreshadowing at the end there when Shirou goes after Kotomine while Saber fights Gilgamesh, Gil says it would've been better if Saber went after Kotomine while Shirou stayed to face him.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

I finished reading the Fate route now, interesting bit of irony and foreshadowing at the end there when Shirou goes after Kotomine while Saber fights Gilgamesh, Gil says it would've been better if Saber went after Kotomine while Shirou stayed to face him.

Don't want to spoil it of its your first read, but man, you're in for a treat later on, I'll tells ya 'what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Mederlock posted:

Don't want to spoil it of its your first read, but man, you're in for a treat later on, I'll tells ya 'what

I already saw the UBW movie. :(