Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I just got mine, when a group of 4 of the same crew tried to swoop in on it.

Special crates are fun as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Nooo! I missed the K-Rose shirt. Rockstar, I will pay a £0.25 micro-transaction for that shirt.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Every time I log in it places me in an empty server. Every job I try to join it times out and kicks me to single player.

It worked fine until about 10 days ago.

What do I do?

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 2, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Every time I log in it places me in an empty server. Every job I try to join it times out and kicks me to single player.

It worked fine until about 10 days ago.

What do I do?

Try changing how you have it hooked up to your internet connection, and maybe even bring it over someone else's house.

It's probably a problem with your internet connectivity somehow.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I was having the same issues yesterday, I just ended up going on call in my own lobby, completing that job, voting for and completing the next job and then voting for free roam after.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They still say it's a local issue, even when you've got NAT Type 1 screenshots and all. Maybe that's why they're taking a little longer with the PC version :v:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nintendo Kid posted:

Try changing how you have it hooked up to your internet connection, and maybe even bring it over someone else's house.

It's probably a problem with your internet connectivity somehow.

I had problems like that for the first 6 months following the launch, the only thing that worked was replacing the router with something made in this decade.

Also, a lot of PS3 players have been unable to invite or join people from their friends list. The options show up as "disabled" and you get a message saying that you have to complete the tutorial.

There's a workaround; the crew menus seem to work and you can invite someone from another crew by selecting online > crews > friend's crews > (their crew) > view members > join. It sucks though

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Sorry I had to jet dread! Is it twice now I can't hear you?

titties
May 10, 2012

Maytag posted:

Sorry I had to jet dread! Is it twice now I can't hear you?

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with that. I can hear you, and my mic cue icon comes up when I talk so I think the mic is working.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Hustling people who are trying to do the betting glitch is fun and profitable. Don't know why people do it in public lobbies.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Scyron posted:

I just got mine, when a group of 4 of the same crew tried to swoop in on it.

Special crates are fun as gently caress.

I crashed my helicopter into a dude going after one and ragdolled out the door into the crate.

Dude was angry.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Proud of my vehicle

E: gently caress I hate chrome ios

Sorry friend, just not quite Barbie enough.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sapient Afro posted:

Hustling people who are trying to do the betting glitch is fun and profitable. Don't know why people do it in public lobbies.
Betting glitch?

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Croccers posted:

Betting glitch?

http://www.reddit.com/r/gtaglitches/comments/2qvyo4/working_race_bet_money_glitch/

since everyone bets so much on themselves, you get good odds and a decent payout only betting a few grand on yourself. You don't get as much money as you would actually doing the glitch I don't think, but you can't put a price on seeing a streak of "-$10000" on the results screen coupled with pubbie rage.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any tips on...how to start on GTA Online? I'm on Xbox One. I literally just don't know what to do when I get dropped in a random map. People just randomly go around shooting you and nobody does any missions. I'll try to get in on a mission and it takes 20 minutes sometimes and then it'll only "matchmake" me with only a few people.

Do I need to be a part of some goon gangs or what? I wanna do cool poo poo :(

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

89 posted:

Any tips on...how to start on GTA Online? I'm on Xbox One. I literally just don't know what to do when I get dropped in a random map. People just randomly go around shooting you and nobody does any missions. I'll try to get in on a mission and it takes 20 minutes sometimes and then it'll only "matchmake" me with only a few people.

Join the Goon Crew although the Xbox One population is a little sparse. You can join a job via the quick job option on your phone, it's the option to the left of the center as that will always put you in a job with at least one other person.

Is this your first time playing GTA Online? If so, playing almost any mission on hard difficulty will net you some decent cash and RP.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

89 posted:

A good way to start actually is flight school, great RP and cash for low level, enough for a special carbine which is all you need to get going.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Basically... anything! The world is your oyster - start generating cash by stealing and selling cars every 45 minutes at LSC, do the flight school for cash/rp and every time you get a text to join a hosted Mission you might as well join it even if you can't contribute much you'll get on average $15K per mission - about 2 hours of work and you'll have $100-150k which is way more than enough to get you started.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Make sure you join missions that are texted to you from the contacts. It's how you get their other missions once they unlock for your rank.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Kelly posted:

Make sure you join missions that are texted to you from the contacts. It's how you get their other missions once they unlock for your rank.

Ohhh that would explain things :doh:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

Ohhh that would explain things :doh:

I used to ignore the Martin missions, and when the RP exploits came out for his missions, I didn't have most of them available to me for this reason.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zip! posted:

Basically... anything! The world is your oyster - start generating cash by stealing and selling cars every 45 minutes at LSC, do the flight school for cash/rp and every time you get a text to join a hosted Mission you might as well join it even if you can't contribute much you'll get on average $15K per mission - about 2 hours of work and you'll have $100-150k which is way more than enough to get you started.

Steal gang cars, They're usually modded and you can get ~10k for them.

Rob convenience stores too. There's an achievement for robbing all 20 and most you get is ~$1500 to $2000 each time.

I don't know when they unlock, but if you get a text from Lester to Kill Target, that's a quick ~$2600 (I randomly got $7900 for one last night).

Once you get stickies, armored cars are easy... when they spawn.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
You can also just mash on Contact Mission > Alone int he random job thing on the phone.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I'd say 99/100 times I blow the bloody doors off the armored van and nothing comes out.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I'd say 99/100 times I blow the bloody doors off the armored van and nothing comes out.

Since I've switched to PS4 at its release, they've been empty every single time I attack one.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

Since I've switched to PS4 at its release, they've been empty every single time I attack one.

Weird, they've worked perfectly for me on the PS4. I don't bother though, the piddly amount of cash isn't worth the effort.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I usually only get 1000-1300 for robbing stores. I don't know if that is because I hit so many within the same time, or they just payout less and less at the same location.

As for lester's assassin missions I typically can get from 4.5-8k pretty easy. Last night I only got 2.6k and that felt really low, though it could be based on how many people accept that mission or how many people are in the lobby(?)

Also something was odd lastnight, I managed to constantly have a armored truck appear right after I finished stealing a vehicle for simeon, and like clock work I would get one after the other while I was in a solo session, waiting off a bounty. I've never had such good luck. Every 15 minutes I had deposited about 20k, over the course of the 45~ minutes for the bounty to wear off.

fake edit; I get like 9-13k from armored trucks, but the three stars is kind of a lot of heat for them. If it is at a decent location where I can get out and flop on a mask to lose the third star, it is really good money, for it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Pubbies were sending invites to their apartments to have a dance party. And of course they provided entertainment.

And as per usual, we ended up drinking in the shower together.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Scyron posted:

fake edit; I get like 9-13k from armored trucks, but the three stars is kind of a lot of heat for them. If it is at a decent location where I can get out and flop on a mask to lose the third star, it is really good money, for it.

Dude, all you gotta do is
a) drive into a subway tunnel or
b) climb the ladders for that one huge crane

Cops can't touch you and your wanted's up in like a minute

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

gently caress 9-13k? I only see around 2-4k.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Lyer posted:

Weird, they've worked perfectly for me on the PS4. I don't bother though, the piddly amount of cash isn't worth the effort.

Really? 6-12k for basically no effort is something I can't complain about. Also now the cash bags drop instantly instead of lagging for a few seconds like they did on last gen. I have never had a single armored truck on PS4 not drop cash.

Getting away should be trivial if you can drive. 2 minutes, tops.

Lyer posted:

What? I have never ever gotten less than the mid 4k range and that's very rare, maybe 1 out of 20. Are you putting the sticky in the middle of the doors so both of them are blowing open? being sure to pick up all the bags? Don't blow the doors where NPC cars can hit the bags and scatter them? Each bag has it's own part of the cash reward.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 2, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Double $ and XP is coming back this weekend but only for some featured playlists.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Double $ and XP is coming back this weekend but only for some featured playlists.

Boo. gently caress anything that isn't freeroam or contact missions because deathmatching is boring.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Lyer posted:

poo poo I have never seen more than $2600, and most of the time it is empty!

Sticky on the middle, both doors fly open, several bags drop out. Truck stops and then drives off like nothing happened.

Edit: This is in a Solo session or with 2-3 friends.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 2, 2015

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I usually see each bag worth that much. It is only because I keep a clean wallet with all my money banked I even know how much I get from the trucks.

I'm paranoid as poo poo from getting mugged again

titties
May 10, 2012

Scyron posted:

I usually see each bag worth that much. It is only because I keep a clean wallet with all my money banked I even know how much I get from the trucks.

I'm paranoid as poo poo from getting mugged again

How much can a mugger even get from you? I was carrying $2 million in cash until yesterday.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

titties posted:

How much can a mugger even get from you? I was carrying $2 million in cash until yesterday.

Most I've witnessed stolen was about $10 grand. Usually it's in the $1,000 range though.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Policenaut posted:

So it's double RP and XP to do things that aren't fun or worth the time to do even at double RP or XP.

Their entire system of death matches kind of sucks. Unless I can choose a filter for "Only R* Created" I'll likely never do another death match on purpose of I can help it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Racing with a full lobby gets you good money though, but I don't know either of the races. Apex whatever? Never run it.

e: oh it's community created ... great.

but yeah those playlists are poo poo. One race will get boring and all the other modes are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
I had this back when it came out on PS3 but got tired of the online fast after all the exploited tanks and poo poo lobbies. Also I hated the "punishment" system for griefing people getting you put in "bad" lobbies.

Is it a lot better now that they've had time to develop missions and crap? Do they still do that bullshit with punishing you for blowing up people?

Basically I'm asking if it's worth getting into on PS4 now that I have one.

EDIT: Is R* still actively ruining fun things to do? Like can you still cargobob people's poo poo...I noticed a lot of stuff struck through in the OP and wasn't sure if it was a joke.

Shachi fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 2, 2015

• Locked thread