Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Consider my expectations met, Deadpool! First two episodes of Mozart in the Jungle are very good indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

I guess the show got greenlit based on the short that was on the DVD of one of the Marvel movies. It was pretty good, but who knows if they'll be able to keep it up over an entire series.
It helps that she is a more interesting character than all of the characters on AoS combined.

It's actually a miniseries. It's to fill in Agents of SHIELD's hiatus because last year there was a sharp drop when it returned.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, its just seven episodes and will have most of the supporting cast from the first Captain America movie.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

I guess the show got greenlit based on the short that was on the DVD of one of the Marvel movies. It was pretty good, but who knows if they'll be able to keep it up over an entire series.
It helps that she is a more interesting character than all of the characters on AoS combined.

Are you watching The Wire or Breaking Bad yet?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat it, MCU, I'm trying to catch up with you but you won't take a drat break and give me a chance! SHIELD S1 is on Netflix and I finally bought/got all the Phase 2 movies so I was going to binge later this month. But now I have to worry about the first part of SHIELD S2 AND Agent Carter? Its just too much, Marvel. We need an offseason.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The only movie you need ("need") to have seen for Shield is Cap 2.

e: I guess there's a Thor tie-in too but Thor is somehow more boring than Superman.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I think Bosch comes out on Amazon soon, which I've been anticipating.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
My younger brother started watching Mad Men, so I guess there's hope for him yet.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sober posted:

My younger brother started watching Mad Men, so I guess there's hope for him yet.

If he hates it sure.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

Are you watching The Wire or Breaking Bad yet?

No, my wife wants to get caught up on Supernatural first. I have 364 days, get off my back.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Deadpool posted:

We're still on page one people. There's no excuse.

Is there a forums equivalent of that thing they did in TNG where Worf is stripped of his honor and all the klingons ceremonially turn their back to him? We should do that.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

pentyne posted:

Is there a forums equivalent of that thing they did in TNG where Worf is stripped of his honor and all the klingons ceremonially turn their back to him? We should do that.

There used to be.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Edward Herrman, who has been in literally everything, died this week. To me he'll be the voice of Dodge commercials from my formative years.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

zoux posted:

Edward Herrman, who has been in literally everything, died this week. To me he'll be the voice of Dodge commercials from my formative years.

The villain in Overboard for me... Plus Richard Gilmore of course,

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

zoux posted:

Richie Rich's Dad. It's a generational thing, I'm sure.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Also Richie Rich's dad and FDR.

e: f,b

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
He was always the head vampire in Lost Boys to me.

He just wanted a family!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Man, Transparent is so good.

I have had a crush on the woman who was grossed out by Louie's passive limp-wristed reaction to being threatened by that punk high schooler since the very first time I saw that episode, so it is SO lovely to be able to get more of her. She's wonderful.

Everyone on that show is, really. Jay Duplass is excellent. Judith Light is a bit over the top, though her meltdown about Maura being the only one who was there for her and her dying father was pretty good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Irish Joe had another bravura performance in the TVIV Top Show Poll Thread.

Also lol at both Arrow and Flash making top ten lists and I say that as a massive fan of both shows.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Can't speak for others but my list is explicitly my 10 favorite shows of the year. I'm not under the illusion that Arrow or Flash are among the 10 best shows on television and I don't think anyone else is either. People need to calm the gently caress down about a stupid list thread.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

zoux posted:

Irish Joe had another bravura performance in the TVIV Top Show Poll Thread.

Also lol at both Arrow and Flash making top ten lists and I say that as a massive fan of both shows.

"Your top ten shows can be anything you want, as long as they are the same as mine"

If you want to go down that road, we should be having a discussion about why The Americans is 19th and why Peaky Blinders didn't crack the top 50.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

"Your top ten shows can be anything you want, as long as they are the same as mine"

If you want to go down that road, we should be having a discussion about why The Americans is 19th and why Peaky Blinders didn't crack the top 50.

Hmm let me check my reference list and...yeah I have you listed under Mega Bad Opinions Guy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
10 best shows of 2014: forever. outlander. scorpion. the strain. helix. selfie. Salem. dominion. blackish. and reeling in the number one slot: freakign HALO NIGHTFALL!!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's got Rick and Morty in the top 10 and that's your complaint?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

It's got Rick and Morty in the top 10 and that's your complaint?

Yeah Rick and Morty should've been higher for sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Hmm let me check my reference list and...yeah I have you listed under Mega Bad Opinions Guy.

It's uncanny. The title is even the same.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

zoux posted:

Just because Peter Pan Live was on my top 10 list doesn't mean you have to get all personal. :colbert:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The Good Wife should've been a lot higher. But it's on CBS, rather than SA's favorite network, the CW, so there's no way 90% of the posters in this forum will ever watch it.
It is the least CBS show that CBS airs, though. It has procedural elements, but they're wedded to deep characterization, moral ambiguity, and an actual understanding of how modern technology works.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brother I've been preaching the Gospel of the Good Wife forever now and it's just no use.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I must then conclude goons generally have bad taste. :colbert:

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
the very chill top 10 thread and its top 10 rules for posting

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Spatula City posted:

The Good Wife should've been a lot higher. But it's on CBS, rather than SA's favorite network, the CW, so there's no way 90% of the posters in this forum will ever watch it.
It is the least CBS show that CBS airs, though. It has procedural elements, but they're wedded to deep characterization, moral ambiguity, and an actual understanding of how modern technology works.
Person of Interest is in the top 10 though, so feel free to pretend we just got that mixed up with The Good Wife.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Spatula City posted:

I must then conclude goons generally have bad taste. :colbert:

I'm going to be generous and assume everybody who voted for Arrow and Flash are in their early 20s and thus don't know any better. It just doesn't make sense any other way (how could people who care enough about tv to post on a tv forum have such god awful taste!? It'd be like visiting New York City and eating at Papa John's)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What kind of sad person continues to post on message boards beyond their early 20s?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

What kind of sad person continues to post on message boards beyond their early 20s?
Well, 95% of those people are sad internet nerds that grew up on message boards and resent social media probably, so

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Top 10 thread is a thread for the Top 10. Not this thread.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Aphrodite posted:

The last time the forums were down for a few days I was barely on the internet because of it. Browsing here has just become a habit over the years.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Aphrodite posted:

I feel like if I'd been born 5 years later I'd post on twitter about as much as I do message boards now

As it stands I can't loving understand twitter, and I've tried multiple times to get the appeal

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Twitter has its uses. But communicating with other people isn't one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

pentyne posted:

I'd like to petition to add Ravane and Irish Joe to rule 3.

Wow, second post of the thread and I'm already mentioned. :allears:

All I ever wanted to be, ever since I was a little transgender girl, was a popular kid. Now I've achieved that as a man.

Mo0 posted:

I feel like if I'd been born 5 years later I'd post on twitter about as much as I do message boards now

As it stands I can't loving understand twitter, and I've tried multiple times to get the appeal

Twitter appeals to one's inner narcissism, it's a game of trying to get the most followers, while also avoiding going around begging for followers. The moment you think of how few followers you have, you lose. I have 21, gently caress.

The point is to be a social media god. Kim Kardashian actually capitalized on this by selling her app about being a social media god by paying for in-app purchases. As you can see, I've been keeping up with the Kardashians.

• Locked thread