Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Friend just sent me a photo of Comedy Central ad break bumper for Drunk History with a Union Jack on it. Might be an entertaining localisation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwC5lK8OK7I

And so begins this post,
With me your gracious host,
About a show known as Galavant.
With Menken in the chair
And Lassiter everywhere
There is no show quite like Galavant.
Sure, they are cheap archetypes,
But, the cast have great windpipes.
Oh, it’s lots to watch, I know
But gently caress you, just do so
To see what’s up with…

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
^^^ Wait Wasn't Annakie creating the OP for Galavant?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Ravane posted:

^^^ Wait Wasn't Annakie creating the OP for Galavant?

I asked for it.

e: I'm dumb.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 2, 2015

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Annakie is a ladymod

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ravane posted:

Twitter appeals to one's inner narcissism, it's a game of trying to get the most followers, while also avoiding going around begging for followers. The moment you think of how few followers you have, you lose. I have 21, gently caress.

The sad part is that the younger generation is bringing their Twitter mentality to message boards. You used to post on message boards with the intent and expectation of having long-form conversations with other people. Nowadays, there's a large segment of posters who get downright offended if you reply to them with anything but unmitigated praise. Why the gently caress are you posting if you don't want people to read and reply to your messages? If you want to be the lonely king of poo poo mountain, go on Twitter where you can block out anything and anyone who upsets you.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

JohnSherman posted:

I asked him for it.

Ah gotcha. Also, Annakie is a girl.

I heard that Galavant's first season was going to be really short. Like it's only going to be four episodes or something and it's finishing in a single month. Do they want this show to die?

Ravane fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 2, 2015

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Ravane posted:

I heard that Galavant's first season was going to be really short. Like it's only going to be four episodes or something and it's finishing in a single month. Do they want this show to die?

It's eight episodes in four weeks. They probably don't want it to die, but they also clearly have no idea what to do with it.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
8 episodes, but yeah, it looks like it's all being aired over 4 weeks. Seems like an odd choice.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Irish Joe posted:

The sad part is that the younger generation is bringing their Twitter mentality to message boards. You used to post on message boards with the intent and expectation of having long-form conversations with other people. Nowadays, there's a large segment of posters who get downright offended if you reply to them with anything but unmitigated praise. Why the gently caress are you posting if you don't want people to read and reply to your messages? If you want to be the lonely king of poo poo mountain, go on Twitter where you can block out anything and anyone who upsets you.

Absolutely, it's like these posters think that whatever they've posted is this pinnacle of perfection, that it's not an opinion, it's not even a fact, but some universal truth that they are spouting and any other conflicting opinion must be some form of trolling. It's quite disturbing to see this display of narcissism, and yet on other websites like Reddit, it's put on a pedestal like a badge of honor: "The Hivemind".

The upside to these older message boards is that nothing is generally hidden and nothing can be "downvoted" or reported out of the way. Every post gets equal treatment, regardless of quality or merit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm having a weird rollercoaster ride with whether or not to watch Galavant. I wasn't interested at all at first because while I think it will have some laughs I think its a premise that will die a quick death as a TV show.

But then I found out it was a "four week event" and I got all in because I can see it working in a short run and if it burns out at least it won't have much time to suck.

But now I learn its actually 8 episodes/hours and not 4? I don't know. That's a lot more time to get bad after the novelty wears off and just short enough that I'll feel compelled to finish.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
It's a half-hour comedy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rollercoaster back up. I can do four hours of it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

STAC Goat posted:

Rollercoaster back up. I can do four hours of it.

Really, though, all you need to do is take a look at the guest stars to get really hyped for Galavant.

Below the line for those who care:
Ricky Gervais, Rutger Howard, Donald Glover and John Stamos.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sober posted:

Well, 95% of those people are sad internet nerds that grew up on message boards and resent social media probably, so

Why can't I be a sad internet nerd that grew up on message boards and is at worst indifferent about social media?

Ravane posted:

I like the idea of it and will watch Lassiter in pretty much anything, but ABC burning it off two episodes at a time in January doesn't speak of high confidence.
That, and the only two other TV musicals I can think of are Cop Rock and Viva Laughlin, so there's not really a good pedigree for the genre.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 2, 2015

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

I like the idea of it and will watch Lassiter in pretty much anything, but ABC burning it off two episodes at a time in January doesn't speak of high confidence.
That, and the only two other TV musicals I can think of are Cop Rock and Viva Laughlin, so there's not really a good pedigree for the genre.

Lassie is exactly why I'm watching this show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Irish Joe posted:

Really, though, all you need to do is take a look at the guest stars to get really hyped for Galavant.

Weird Al is also guest starring, which I guess is either good or bad depending on how you feel about him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

There's Glee, though it may not count.

Remember when Glee was a big deal?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Irish Joe posted:

Can't tell if you're being you or not, but that's not Donald Glover in the commercials. The actor in the preview is Luke Youngblood , who to be fair, is also on Community.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Metal Loaf posted:

There's Glee, though it may not count.

Remember when Glee was a big deal?

Glee had a really great pilot, then the rest of it happened.

raditts posted:

Why can't I be a sad internet nerd that grew up on message boards and is at worst indifferent about social media?

I dunno I follow some people on the Twitters and it kills time ok. Also cat pictures.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cool kids inc. posted:

Can't tell if you're being you or not

It really will never stop, will it?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cool kids inc. posted:

Can't tell if you're being you or not, but that's not Donald Glover in the commercials. The actor in the preview is Luke Youngblood , who to be fair, is also on Community.

That actually makes slightly more sense, I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

Weird Al is also guest starring, which I guess is either good or bad depending on how you feel about him.

Even if you dislike Weird Al you should probably recognize that he is exactly who this show should be bringing in.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Weird Al was also great on 30 Rock, and he honored our troop.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is it going to be almost 2015 all year? :ohdear:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Until May, at least.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Josh Lyman posted:

It's only 2015 when this technology goes mainstream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSheVhmcYLA

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ravane posted:

It's only 2015 when this technology goes mainstream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSheVhmcYLA

Remember how in 2008 during Halloween every other person was The Joker? This year it's going to be a sea of Griff Tannens and Marty McFlys.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mozart in the Jungle is getting a little more cartoony than I expected, especially in the absolutely terrible character of Rodrigo's wife, but it's still a lot of fun.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Hey guys, did you know Back to the Future 2 took place in 2015? Where are all the hoverboards, am I right? :lol:

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Judge Clayjar posted:

10 best shows of 2014: forever. outlander. scorpion. the strain. helix. selfie. Salem. dominion. blackish. and reeling in the number one slot: freakign HALO NIGHTFALL!!!!!

Here is that chart you asked for !!

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Irish Joe posted:

Hey guys, did you know Back to the Future 2 took place in 2015? Where are all the hoverboards, am I right? :lol:

I've actually never seen the Back to the Future series, I'm just good at referencing it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Here is that chart you asked for !!

Going to be greatly disappointed in you if this doesn't work when quoted.

EDIT: For shame EvilTobaccoExec. Wasted effort and potential on your part.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Technically it does, but the bottom has to be zoomed full size.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Doesn't align right for me, even full sized.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sober posted:

Technically it does, but the bottom has to be zoomed full size.

Well that's his fault for leaving so much white space.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Someone should link EvilTobaccoExec a proper tutorial for cropping pictures in photoshop or gimp or whatever he uses. Now that you mention it, yes, it is off at least by a few pixels, and all the white space on the bottom is what?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sober posted:

all the white space on the bottom is what?

symbolic for the vast indifferent emptiness of the Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

I used onlinecharttool.com and then mspaint

• Locked thread