Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
On the other hand, does this mean Vergne stays in as an Andretti driver? It better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That stinks.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Career over for a little coke?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The stigma is nuts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Imagine how much coke the entire 70s F1 paddock collectively used.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Wirth1000 posted:

It took me a little while there to realize what the gently caress an 'ePrix' is.

Hopefully its the Ecstasy grand prix because then maybe frank still has a chance!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Imagine how much coke the entire 70s F1 paddock collectively used.

Judging by some of the designs it was a considerable amount.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
To be fair, you'd need a fair bit of coke to jump into anything on wheels from the 70s. I mean they served that poo poo for breakfast.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Well he'll get a 4 year ban, how many people are going to want to hire a 39 year old that's been out of cars for 4 years?

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Montagny isn't a fantastic driver but I like him, including the fact he does coke

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Dudley posted:

Well he'll get a 4 year ban, how many people are going to want to hire a 39 year old that's been out of cars for 4 years?
Will it be 4? I know the doping code's recently changed to a 4 year ban rather than 2, but will it not be based on when the offence was committed?

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Dudley posted:

Well his driver grading might go down with a 4 year break so I guess some LMP2 team looking for a good silver?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dudley posted:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Grand-Prix.html

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Isn't Ralf due an F1 comeback about now?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Brainwrong posted:

Isn't Ralf due an F1 comeback about now?

He's taken up boxing instead.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Dubs posted:

The MRA's on Reddit must love him for being into gender-neutral boxing.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Well, thats McLarens season down the drain....maybe a good thing they didn't keep Magnussen as a race driver...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117259

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Well, thats McLarens season down the drain....maybe a good thing they didn't keep Magnussen as a race driver...

Saw this earlier. Can't see Honda taking this as they're basically being punished for entering the sport now.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Dubs posted:

With his wife

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

yeah, i really don't think this is a big deal at all. had they not been held to the homologation deadline they'd effectively have like three straight years of uninterrupted development. that'd be a huge disadvantage to mercedes/renault/ferrari, imo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Engine freezes are idiotic so this is good news IMO.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Engine freezes are idiotic so this is good news IMO.

Yes, except that if I read this right, Honda will have to freeze their engine be Feb 28, whereas the rest can continue to use their 'tokens' for the rest of the season.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Yes, except that if I read this right, Honda will have to freeze their engine be Feb 28, whereas the rest can continue to use their 'tokens' for the rest of the season.

Ehhhh to be fair, they've likely been working on theirs as long as everyone else, but with an additional year to learn from everyone's mistakes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If Honda wasn't looking at the other engines all year and figuring out what they did wrong or right, they deserve to have the worst engine. They had all of 2014 to work on their engine.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Engine mod "tokens"? With different "weights"? Good god, did the IRS write these regs?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

If Honda wasn't looking at the other engines all year and figuring out what they did wrong or right, they deserve to have the worst engine. They had all of 2014 to work on their engine.

More or less this. If spygate team was stupid enough not to capture every possible measurement and spec of the Mercedes engine then by all rights Honda have dug their own funeral.

I suppose Honda could make the argument that Feb 28 was the initial homologation and they're entitled to 2015 tokens after that. Don't know how that would go down with the other teams though.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Who cares about the other teams, F1 lives from politics and rule bending in your favour.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
McLaren needs to get itself Ross Brawn to help with the bullshit lawyering because they got the shortest straw ever on this one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren have bottled it again.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Ross Dennis

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

McLaren have bottled it again.

Ron Dennis must be bottled.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Latest word on Schumacher's condition: he's got Locked-In Syndrome. Prognosis: Totally hosed.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
So if I'm reading that correctly, teams had the option of upgrading/changing 48% of the engine components but only until the first race, but now they can change up to that 48% of components throughout the season.
Once they've changed a component (used up the token(s) for it) that component can't be changed again.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
At what stage are the fia not fit for purpose and the rights holders can't accept their ducking retarded ineptitude? They are damaging the already shaky reputation of the sport.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Who actually writes the regs anyway? It's a committee of some kind I assume, who's in it, what's their history?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
did they honestly not have a specification in the engine rules that say they must be finalised before the first race of the year?

Thats brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jedit posted:

Latest word on Schumacher's condition: he's got Locked-In Syndrome. Prognosis: Totally hosed.

Locked-in syndrome is one of my greatest fears, to the point where I'd rather die.

e: At least he can afford a trip to nearby Switzerland.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 3, 2015

• Locked thread