Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

flatluigi posted:

They actually do a pretty good job of switching up the games year to year and I know a decent chunk of suggested games didn't get on the schedule because they've been at tons of marathons

it's still a week-long marathon though and you can't drop every game that have been run for ages, especially if they're ones that draw a ton of donations

I wonder if whatever the Yetee happened to dump on in the absence of Super Metroid would raise similar amounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Crain posted:

I just rewatched the TASbot segment from AGDQ14. If this year's TASblock can even come close to matching that then I'll have everything I want from this marathon.

from what I've heard here and there it's going to be better than last year's, don't worry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crain posted:

I just rewatched the TASbot segment from AGDQ14. If this year's TASblock can even come close to matching that then I'll have everything I want from this marathon.
who's run a train on the TASbot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

There's an imp zone thread if you want to talk about dumb speedrunner drama instead of the actual speedruns and I'm sure you can make a gbs thread if you just want to say cuck over and over

I'll take about speedruns AND drama in both threads tho

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
"I would really prefer if you'd be quiet."

I want to see blind MTPO and hear some painfully awkward poo poo happen in front of 50,000 people, it's just the best. :3:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is that awkward kid who would sit on the couch uninvited coming back? The one who talked about bringing condoms or whatever and randomly did jumping jacks?

If so I would probably frisk that guy before letting him in.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
IIRC everyone who's going to commentate with people has already been decided (so no random people inviting themselves onto the couch) and have also been asked to watch runs of the games they're going to be there for so they're familiar with where they should and shouldn't talk.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

katkillad2 posted:

Is that awkward kid who would sit on the couch uninvited coming back? The one who talked about bringing condoms or whatever and randomly did jumping jacks?

He was a streamer personality trying to garner views for his stuff rather than supporting the runs. By how flatluigi describes it, they're already on the lookout for that kind of poo poo.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

flatluigi posted:

from what I've heard here and there it's going to be better than last year's, don't worry

Hopefully the R-Type TAS is in there, it's pretty awesome to watch.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

"I would really prefer if you'd be quiet."

I want to see blind MTPO and hear some painfully awkward poo poo happen in front of 50,000 people, it's just the best. :3:

I'm looking forward to the run of the first few OOT dungeons blindfolded. I can't even imagine how much practice it takes to pull that off.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think I posted this in the Imp Zone thread already but the Quest 64 race was the first GDQ thing I watched and I still think it's really great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvw3XfvMvdg

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Was a Summer Games Done Quick 2014 highlight reel ever compiled? I enjoyed rewatching the AGDQ 2014 highlight reel a couple times and was hoping the same thing would be done for SGDQ.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

I think I posted this in the Imp Zone thread already but the Quest 64 race was the first GDQ thing I watched and I still think it's really great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvw3XfvMvdg

That wasn't so much a race as doubling their chance to have a complete run on stream.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The_Franz posted:

I'm looking forward to the run of the first few OOT dungeons blindfolded. I can't even imagine how much practice it takes to pull that off.
He has played through the whole game blindfolded, it was pretty fun to watch. It was also pretty painful at times, it will be interested to see how it plaays out with optimized strats.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

usedpizza posted:

mine is the last ninja with taz a close 2nd

All burger run confirmed for last ninja???? holy moly mates

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Are the f-zero guys coming back? Last year was the sweet combo of a very laid back run of the SNES game, followed by an intense run of the GX version. poo poo was great.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Gilg posted:

Was a Summer Games Done Quick 2014 highlight reel ever compiled? I enjoyed rewatching the AGDQ 2014 highlight reel a couple times and was hoping the same thing would be done for SGDQ.

I think UraniumAnchor wanted to finish it in time for it to be a preshow stream opener for AGDQ but I don't know if that actually ended up happening or not.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think UraniumAnchor wanted to finish it in time for it to be a preshow stream opener for AGDQ but I don't know if that actually ended up happening or not.

Sadly no.

I'm still doing one but at this rate it won't be finalized until February at the earliest. Which I realize is mad late, but better than not doing one at all.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

will the unbelievably greasy long haired man who cries for no reason be competing at the autism olympics this year?

Don't you make basically this post every year?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Anime Curator posted:

Oh wow look at you Mr. Edgy with this post. What do you expect them to do? What would you like them to run? The fact of the matter is that a lot of people like seeing Super Metroid races; a lot of people enjoy watching Ninja Gaidan. The fact that you are mocking something for a good cause is despicable. Don't like it? Well, do something about it and shut up.

lmao is this a copy paste? is this the new thing for everyone to spam in the chat this year?

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 3, 2015

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

katkillad2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3gTKiPq3c

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Anatharon posted:

Don't you make basically this post every year?

I made it once before, and the answer was that he wasn't going to be there, because he was terrified of a Goon who was going to be there. He's very funny and I would like to know if he will be there, thank you.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Do we have any cool pre-streams or under-streams going? Is Spikevegeta streaming his plane flight again?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spermgod posted:

lmao is this a copy paste? is this the new thing for everyone to spam in the chat this year?

You hosed with your message one too many times. Goodbye.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

UraniumAnchor posted:

Sadly no.

I'm still doing one but at this rate it won't be finalized until February at the earliest. Which I realize is mad late, but better than not doing one at all.
No problem UA, just glad it's still happening!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's weird an actual awesome game like Gunstar Heroes is run at 4 in the morning while objectively bad Sonic games come midday.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's weird an actual awesome game like Gunstar Heroes is run at 4 in the morning while objectively bad Sonic games come midday.

Eh. Sometimes bad games can have amusing runs or ways of being broken in absolutely absurd ways.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Bad games usually have better runs than good games, because imo at least watching someone play a game pretty well isn't nearly as interesting as watching someone break the heck out of a game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Sonic Adventure is a hilarious speedrun game regardless of the fact that it's a giant pile of garbage, it deserves its time slot.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Spermgod posted:

i dont really give a poo poo about whatever this thread is about but god drat you make some bad posts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like when people try to make a post that looks low effort but edit it after the fact to make it more low effort

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kewpuh posted:

i dont really give a poo poo about whatever this thread is about but god drat you make some bad posts

Kewpuh when starts tomorrow you should watch and its really cool and fun

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Eonwe posted:

I like when people try to make a post that looks low effort but edit it after the fact to make it more low effort

ahah yea

its been 10 minutes lets see if my post stirred up any poo poo uweeheheh oh gently caress i put hahaha instead of lmao

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Goons are weird

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anatharon posted:

Bad games usually have better runs than good games, because imo at least watching someone play a game pretty well isn't nearly as interesting as watching someone break the heck out of a game.

Agreed. Lesser known and bad game runs are usually way more fun to watch

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Ideas you have too late for agdq: wsplit running during the marathon, with splits for donations landmarks

$10,000_____03:21:56
$50,000_____10:12:00
$1,000,000_167:43:23

(getting the actual times from agdq2014, rather than made up values, is where thinking of it in advance would have helped...)

Then you could have it running as something to switch to during set-up times, and obviously split each time the 2015 total reaches a milestone.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Heavy_D posted:

Ideas you have too late for agdq: wsplit running during the marathon, with splits for donations landmarks

$10,000_____03:21:56
$50,000_____10:12:00
$1,000,000_167:43:23

(getting the actual times from agdq2014, rather than made up values, is where thinking of it in advance would have helped...)

Then you could have it running as something to switch to during set-up times, and obviously split each time the 2015 total reaches a milestone.

Trying to speedrun *GDQ itself huh?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

UltraJMan; I don't think he's run anything for a while but has been in attendance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anatharon posted:

i don't think 'bad' is necessarily right so much as 'glitchy'

ocarina of time is a good game but it's also glitchy as gently caress and the runs exploit that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tropical freeze is a great gdq starter

• Locked thread