Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I really hope somebody else in Cormier's life didn't die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Also Happy New Year you god awful people

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Breaking news was that Roy Nelson called Cormier to wish him luck

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/1/7477007/daniel-cormier-reflects-on-long-road-to-ufc-182-whats-at-stake

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
DC is hosed

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

No, its about Master Sensei seagal.

Wants to show DC some moves.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
DC is only 11 pounds off weight? That's pretty good news right there considering how heavy his weight cuts usually are.

(Sensei Segal is a nice good luck charm too)

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

If one wins ill be happy

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Brimage and Jordan, despite not being worldbeaters, are definitely guys I would pick over any random dude making his UFC debut. I did a quick google and neither opponent looks like a particularly hot prospect, and both guys are around -200 betting favorites. I don't know exactly how oddsmaking on Draftkings works, but if you can get either debuting guy for less than half of what Brimage or Jordan cost you, you're probably about right.

Well the way it works is that you get $50k to spend on 5 fighters... And the heavy favorites are weighted moreso than the underdogs. The scoring also seems to favor finishers, and that's why I'm using $12k on Lombard. I don't want to pick guys like Damm, Gaudinot, and Burkman, who I think are going to get completely dominated. There does seem to be some hype on Garbrandt and TAM has been on a roll for the most part.

It's tough. I'm thinking a Lombard, Marquardt, Garbarandt, Cannonier (or Jury, but I think Cerrone wins) and Cormier lineup is decent enough though.

PeteRoseHaircut fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 1, 2015

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Gaudinot and Damm are sucker bets, I don't see how they win their fights unless their opponent spontaneously combusts. Jury is a good bet at the odds I've seen elsewhere, I don't think Burkman beats Lombard but I said earlier I don't think Lombard is a -400 type of favorite over anybody, and I already said my piece on the two debuting guys.

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 1, 2015

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
jones at - 170 is a pretty good bet

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

jones at - 170 is a pretty good bet

Ugh I agree with this.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I hate Jon Jones and want him to lose.

$1000 to win $1583.70 on Jon Jones winning.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
You're my hero. :patriot:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Oh my sweet jesus

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
If you win please put your 500+ dollars on roulette again.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
jase1 is going to be a god drat millionaire by the end of the year by trying to abuse his powers

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

thank you lord for sending me an angel

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

jase1 posted:

You are a treasure.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
God bless jase1, God bless America

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
John Connor: No fate!! There's no fate but what we make!!

Jase1: affirmative

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Seltzer posted:

If you win please put your 500+ dollars on roulette again.

Alternatively, donate it to a charity that will help Cormier in the future at http://www.blindness.org/

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Go go go jase!

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
$10 to win $115 on the small Gucci getting the fastest KO of the night

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

jase1 you're the greatest, as always.

I decided to get back in the game with this card, here's what I have so far.

$11.15 on Lombard getting a (T)KO to win $9.70
$12 on Cormier to win $16.80
$18 on Cerrone to win $9.42
$18 on Dufresne to win $10

I'm thinking of putting more on Cerrone. He is getting as low as -140/-150 and I think that's the best bet on the card. Jury's good but I don't see him winning this one, it's too big of a step up imo. He's had some trouble with lesser fighters and Cerrone's been brutalizing top guys for a while now.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

MrSmokes posted:

jase1 you're the greatest, as always.

I decided to get back in the game with this card, here's what I have so far.

$11.15 on Lombard getting a (T)KO to win $9.70
$12 on Cormier to win $16.80
$18 on Cerrone to win $9.42
$18 on Dufresne to win $10

I'm thinking of putting more on Cerrone. He is getting as low as -140/-150 and I think that's the best bet on the card. Jury's good but I don't see him winning this one, it's too big of a step up imo. He's had some trouble with lesser fighters and Cerrone's been brutalizing top guys for a while now.

I love Cerrone but I would actually think Jury could very well beat him and should be at even odds. From a strictly gambling standpoint, I'd think Jury is the better underdog bet. Still coin-flippy, but good value.

I still hope Cerrone smokes his smug rear end.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I am thinking about doing a Jones/Jury parlay actually. My new strategy of betting on fighters I otherwise want to lose so I'll be happy with any outcome has been successful so far (OSP) but seems dumb and will surely backfire somehow.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i can't believe that many people are actually putting money on cerrone / jury. the kid's an rear end in a top hat, but he's pretty good and cerrone's fight iq has been questionable (not kicking nate, jumping into a dead eddie alvarez's guard) and it's not where i'll be placing my money. i should really start thinking about bets actually, but this fight won't be one of them.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Marching Powder posted:

i can't believe that many people are actually putting money on cerrone / jury. the kid's an rear end in a top hat, but he's pretty good and cerrone's fight iq has been questionable (not kicking nate, jumping into a dead eddie alvarez's guard) and it's not where i'll be placing my money. i should really start thinking about bets actually, but this fight won't be one of them.

This, plus Cerrone gives you half a round before he starts fighting back in most of his fights. Dangerous at this level.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

gently caress it.

$50 on DC
$20 on Reneau

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Draft King's lineup: (50k cap).

Danny Castillo (10,900)
Cody Garbrandt (8,700)
Hector Lombard (12,100)
Brad Tavares (9,300)
Myles Jury (8,800)

I picked Castillo because I had about 11k left over after picking my first 4 and wanted to fill out my lineup with another decent sized favorite (he's -235 at the moment).

I picked Cody Garbrandt because Marcus Brimage sucks.

I picked Hector Lombard because he's probably going to win and finish the fight and early. Those are all things you are scored on.

I picked Brad Tavares because Nate Marquardt sucks (so does Brad but whatever).

I picked Myles Jury because the betting odds on SER-O-NAY have plummeted in the past few hours (-210 to -160) and I think Jury is one of the most live dogs on this whole card. Plus you get some points for significant strikes and Jury's got great hands and Donald is very hittable.

I was really tempted to pick the main event just because, but I'm emotionally invested in that fight enough.

I typed a lot right there for losing 12 dollars.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Can you explain draftkings to me briefly and how it's circumventing online betting bans? Do you only win if you beat other people in a tournament, or do they get away with this by converting money into fantasy points and then back into money?

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 3, 2015

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Can you explain draftkings to me briefly and how it's circumventing online betting bans? Do you only win if you beat other people in a tournament, or do they get away with this by converting money into fantasy points and then back into money?

It's exploiting the loophole in the law meant for your fathers old office fantasy football pool. They are considered a "Game of Skill" and wagering isn't tied to the performance of a single player or game, so it's entirely legal under US Law.

The real answer is that the leagues are getting poo poo tons of advertising dollars from these companies so they don't care/aren't pushing to make them illegal.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

So you can put 50 bucks down on one event spread it out then cash out based on your bets? I thought you had to beat other users of the site or something like that.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Seltzer posted:

So you can put 50 bucks down on one event spread it out then cash out based on your bets? I thought you had to beat other users of the site or something like that.

It isn't a moneyline bet, it's scored like fantasy football and played like fantasy football. Basically you craft a roster that you think will score you the most points based on their scoring system, enter it into either tournaments (1000s of people, big payouts at the top), Leagues (generally around 25 people, top 3 win), 50/50s (top 50% win, -110), or h2h (player vs. player, -110).

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Viper_3000 posted:

gently caress it.

$20 on Reneau

Boom. I don't normally base things on weigh ins but, that other chick looked like a dead woman walking AND missed weight yesterday.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

My bored bets that I placed for entertainment tonight.

I bet against the Japanese guy on the principle that he is Japanese. Now I found out he's fighting a loving Schulman guy. Whatever. Seems legit.

Burkman because he paid me against Fitch and I hate Lombard with a passion.

Cerrone because I think it's a toss up and want him to win.

Cormier for good luck.

These are four lock losses. Mark my words.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

$30 on Jury even though I like Cowboy better and would rather he win.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Viper_3000 posted:

$30 on Jury even though I like Cowboy better and would rather he win.

I think that's the good bet.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Great bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Yep. Long live cowboy.