Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

Christmas Doggi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

For reference

Cole fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 28, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKwEOK-eiQw

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

.gif form!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

First dogge thread post in 2015

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Cole posted:

First dogge thread post in 2015

That's going to be hard to top in terms of cuteness.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

That's going to be hard to top in terms of cuteness.

I hate to recycle this, but whatever

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
can anyone recommend a dog rucksack or harness with carrying capacity? I've seen some on amazon and they're not really what I'm looking for. I might just re-purpose one of my big old 3L camelbaks, just need something to carry around extra water and food for Frank when we're out in the woods this year (I figure 7-10 pounds should be fine for a 70+ pound dog).

gonna use a long piece of 250lb test rope for a leash.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

can anyone recommend a dog rucksack or harness with carrying capacity? I've seen some on amazon and they're not really what I'm looking for. I might just re-purpose one of my big old 3L camelbaks, just need something to carry around extra water and food for Frank when we're out in the woods this year (I figure 7-10 pounds should be fine for a 70+ pound dog).

I got this one for TFR Secret Santa and the medium has a really good amount of storage.

Sput doesn't like doggles.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
that's a lot more affordable that I'd thought. how breathable would you say it seems?

I'm (retarded) leaning towards one with two handles and molle compatible because (I'm a huge fag with my own alice pack) I'd like to be able to leave the harness rig on but take the gear off and lug it myself during the hotter parts of the day for him. that and between myself and shim I'm sure we've got enough gear queer poo poo leftover between the two of us to make something work. probably a couple 2qt canteens and mag pouches stuffed with the day's Frank food and snacks.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Gunna miss this dogge for the next month or so till he can get into Hawaii.

http://imgur.com/StKftTR.jpg

Edit gently caress tables. Will fix on the laptop later

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 3, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

These might help if you end up carrying it. (or somehow rig it on your dog)They are real handy. They're nice because you can roll them up really tightly when you're done

Vapur 0.5 Litres Anti-Bottle (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M0EDG8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Z42Pub0ZR5KJE

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Roscoe Rex

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
There's an absolutely adorable boxer mix at my shelter and I want her :ohdear:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

There's an absolutely adorable boxer mix at my shelter and I want her :ohdear:

If you're going to be around enough to walk her and play with her for a couple hours a day, then do it do it wtf just do it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
yeah no poo poo. you got a boyfriend, he can help out when you're not around. boxers are pretty smart dogs, train her right and she won't gently caress your house up or your poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm more worried about how my cats would handle it. The one is pretty skittish and we're pretty sure we would never see her again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

you come at the king, you best not miss

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I'm more worried about how my cats would handle it. The one is pretty skittish and we're pretty sure we would never see her again.

Not seeing the problem here ??? :confused:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

movax posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

cats adapt, man. I have two, and they hate Frank with a passion, but he's a giant pussy and is afraid of everything so they don't really have problems. the one with claws doesn't strike with them, and the declawed cat is dumb as poo poo so it doesn't matter.

if you have the cat whispering ability, as in, they follow you everywhere and anywhere because you have been their sole focus as provider (kinda like my cats do to me, I can't do a loving thing in my house without one trying to headbutt me), then they're not going to stop giving you attention, just going to be pissy about it. get or build them a cat tree that's way the gently caress up off the ground so they can have their own space without worrying about dog slobbering all over them while they sleep, rotate dirty socks up top (my cats love socks and shoes, so they're weirdly drawn to and comforted by my dirty socks).

cat whispering must be a real thing, everyone I know with one of those "it loving hates everyone" cats finds this out when they walk up to me after five minutes of being in their presence. about the same with dogs too, though this city is loving loaded with pit mixes and you never can tell with one of those fuckers.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 4, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I'll take Daisy.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

When I was still working through my rottweilers severe separation anxiety, he'd do poo poo like that. Except he'd go out in the back yard with my dirty socks/boots and bay at the sky the entire time I was gone :3:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wsNw07wRY

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

movax posted:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Good dog :3:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

I watched a documentary on modern cats on a flight across the atlantic, and they mentioned that if you introduce a dog or baby to the home, that you should put beds or other "safe" places up high where only the cats can get too. That way they can nope out whenever and will have an easier time adjusting.

I hate cats due to allergies, but it made sense.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
should've said state/county pen.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

not pictured: swastika tattoo on right shoulder

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

very good dogge

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVB8cp-t2ag

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Good dogge :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

very good dogge