Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Pretty much. Some nights the map rotation is just too loving awful to stomach.

Are there any mechanics about the map rotation that have been confirmed by wg? An addon (hi xvm please add this) that shows the reported map rotation and percentages from the past hour, three hours, or day (whatever time period seems appropriate, possibly multiple) would be magical. I just wouldn't play whenever malinovka is the dominant map in rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Mild derail, but this is the place to ask. What's a good site to look for soviet surplus gear. I need a new winter hat to go with my giant coat you see.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Captain Blaargh posted:

Mild derail, but this is the place to ask. What's a good site to look for soviet surplus gear. I need a new winter hat to go with my giant coat you see.

Well, as a Russian reenactor, I....

http://schuster.ru/eng/
http://www.voenspec.ru/

And you can try Trident, but it's usually best to use their eBay store.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/1491268#arctic_region-axetrain-t-54

1 health left, 1! Lol get hosed arty.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

:lol:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I've had explosive-get-all-over-your-rear end-fiery-chili-diarrhea more pleasant than x5 pubbies.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
The pubbies, while bad, haven't really been the biggest problem. loving packetloss all goddamned day has been. The little light in the upper left corner blinks red at least once every couple of seconds. So I'll see tanks mini-warping around when it gets bad, and then you get poo poo like when I pulled up on the side of an M103 and he kept his turret turned forward, and then I exploded. He shot me. Except I never saw the turret turn. Good times.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah I had that red light too all day while failtanking today. East server. The ping was about 40-50% higher than normal too.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
How can you people not love Malinovka? It's the best map in the game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I have far too many memories of trying to drive away from the west spawn before some asshat from the good spawn finished centering their gun on me because of lovely spotting mechanics added on top of the poor map design. :argh:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

I see how it is.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
btw, just to finish the arty chat earlier a little more clearly. I would say if anyone was to go down an arty tree with the specific goal of having one t10 artillery in their garage, go for the gw e-100. It is the everybody artillery. It has very middling stats and the skirts give you some modicum of defense against non direct hit counter batteries when you forget to move after shooting.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

JuffoWup posted:

Yeah, about the lowe being squishy:

Victory
Lakeville
Löwe
Experience received:5,309 (x5 for the first victory each day) Credits received 70,534
Battle achievements Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "III Class"

Repairs: -5 719
Ammunition: -10 300
Total: 54 515 WN8: 2 521 (90)

:getin:

Oh boy do I have a good video about that (waiting to be uploaded when I get home tomorrow night).

Cippalippus posted:

How can you people not love Malinovka? It's the best map in the game.

I love it when I'm west spawn in a medium with decent teammates.

East gets hosed now, because NA pubs are too stupid to head for the hill and fire back down into cap from camo if the enemy rush. I used to love it before all the changes though, for either spawn.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 4, 2015

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I finally have my desktop with me and I still have an excuse not to play this lovely game. :toot:

Fedex killed my graphics card, Ontrac is delaying or possibly just stealing my replacement card (seriously gently caress ontrac), and my internet installation has been delayed by lovely old building wiring and a bad copper pair.

It's a wash whether dealing with this bullshit or playing with 5x pubbies when I'm rusty would be worse.

rossmum posted:

...pubs are too stupid to head for the hill and fire back down into cap from camo if the enemy rush. I used to love it before all the changes though, for either spawn.

This isn't the only map where pubbies are too stupid to give up a bad position to take a good one. They're all too happy to run and guard arty though.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

JuffoWup posted:

btw, just to finish the arty chat earlier a little more clearly. I would say if anyone was to go down an arty tree with the specific goal of having one t10 artillery in their garage, go for the gw e-100. It is the everybody artillery. It has very middling stats and the skirts give you some modicum of defense against non direct hit counter batteries when you forget to move after shooting.

poo poo, I have not bothered moving after shooting in a good long while. Counter-Artillery doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so why bother?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Has the x5 exp crowd dispersed yet? I really have no urge to play during these big exp bonus specials.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Dalael posted:

poo poo, I have not bothered moving after shooting in a good long while. Counter-Artillery doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so why bother?

It's not a thing when there's one or two, but when there's three arty per side you better shuffle. There's always that rear end in a top hat.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

funnily enough, I got just as complacent and got counter batteried yesterday. Was aiming and then suddenly the camera shifted to show off my wreck exploding. Never was spotted.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
That mod leaves a big red dot on screen of where you last fired at for all the shitters to murder you with, just move after each shot like you used to have to.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Crash74 posted:

That mod leaves a big red dot on screen of where you last fired at for all the shitters to murder you with, just move after each shot like you used to have to.

What mod, I'm aware of no mod that does it unless. Tracers don't show up unless you specifically look at an area anymore. And you have to be in arty view to see them then. If there is a mod that does, it should be escalated to wargaming's support because that is against the eula. I completely miss the days of full on tracer though. Those were beautiful.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

What mod, I'm aware of no mod that does it unless. Tracers don't show up unless you specifically look at an area anymore. And you have to be in arty view to see them then. If there is a mod that does, it should be escalated to wargaming's support because that is against the eula. I completely miss the days of full on tracer though. Those were beautiful.

Arty tracers are still a thing, Juffo.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Crash74 posted:

Which mod is that?

The Southern Dandy posted:

It's not a thing when there's one or two, but when there's three arty per side you better shuffle. There's always that rear end in a top hat.

JuffoWup posted:

funnily enough, I got just as complacent and got counter batteried yesterday. Was aiming and then suddenly the camera shifted to show off my wreck exploding. Never was spotted.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I got counter-artied... But admittedly, I don't play artillery as much as I used to. Maybe I just get lucky.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

Arty tracers are still a thing, Juffo.

As I said, in arty view, I'm well aware of it. I was curious what mod shows it off out of sight and pings you about it like the old tracers did. I know they are still there, and usually you don't see them because they are usually really thin lines. I usually just hear the swoosh of the shell. He said "That mod" and that is where I want to know. I would rather they just turn the whole drat thing off at this point since they can't be bothered to just encrypt it. All this babble about invisi tanks and sight mechanics made much more sense when full tracer fire was unlocked. It was a thing of beauty when a full on brawl happened. Arty shells whistled back then too iirc. Might be mixing with the one patch section years ago I ran gnomefathers though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Not sure if your being sarcastic but incase not there's a (banned) mod called Redball that does that.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

LostCosmonaut posted:

Not even close.

Could be worse:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

T___A posted:

Could be worse:

Read 'em and weep.

http://wotlabs.net/sea/player/xDeathLordx

Ross you were spot on about the vk 30.02D, with goldspam the tank is fantastic. It's a t7 tank that i actually enjoy playing.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

God drat today sucked. Quints really do mess with people's minds.

I did have an awesome Bishop (!) round as a bright spot, though. Nailed several shots then went into full TD mode to hold an entire flank like a boss. Almost felt like pre-nerf arty, it was that good.
Replay coming.

Also had a very intense run-in with a Pz I C.

I hate the Valentine hull in general but the extra armor really saved my rear end this time. My Grille would have been toast.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 4, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Not sure if your being sarcastic but incase not there's a (banned) mod called Redball that does that.

I didn't know of it. And from the looks of it, you still have to be looking in arty view in the area to see the tracer to get the marker. I wouldn't be surprised if it is being used out there honestly. The problem is proving it. I really wish wargaming would just lock down their drat client to remove these types of things. Same goes with their other issues that are supposed to be banned.

Oh well, the mod is pointless if you move. I had gotten lazy as getting counter batteried hadn't happened in a long long time.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

I didn't know of it. And from the looks of it, you still have to be looking in arty view in the area to see the tracer to get the marker. I wouldn't be surprised if it is being used out there honestly. The problem is proving it. I really wish wargaming would just lock down their drat client to remove these types of things. Same goes with their other issues that are supposed to be banned.

Oh well, the mod is pointless if you move. I had gotten lazy as getting counter batteried hadn't happened in a long long time.

Sorry I don't know how to read people's posts so I thought you might have been "OF COURSE I don't know of any illegal mods (wink wink)".

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Snakes in a can posted:

Read 'em and weep.

http://wotlabs.net/sea/player/xDeathLordx

Ross you were spot on about the vk 30.02D, with goldspam the tank is fantastic. It's a t7 tank that i actually enjoy playing.
There is no way someone actually enjoys playing the Maus that much.

Also get a T20, it is the Most Fun Tank.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Just got the Firefly.

Why do the British stick a loving speed limiter on everything? It's sort of goofy and endearing on the Centurions where they will do 40 kmh up a vertical incline, but on the Firefly it means you have that much less momentum because your top speed isn't what it should be. gently caress England.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

Just got the Firefly.

Why do the British stick a loving speed limiter on everything? It's sort of goofy and endearing on the Centurions where they will do 40 kmh up a vertical incline, but on the Firefly it means you have that much less momentum because your top speed isn't what it should be. gently caress England.

At least you are in a medium tank. The achilles is basically an m10 at tier 6. And I'm not looking forward to the challenger for the same reasons.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

At least you are in a medium tank. The achilles is basically an m10 at tier 6. And I'm not looking forward to the challenger for the same reasons.

Its a cromwell hull with a Tog turret and the same top gun that you've been using since tier 5. Whats not to love?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

:negative:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Smesh posted:

I fell for the marketing hype and bought an E25. I'm having a lot of fun it though, so I don't care.

What skills should I train up on my crew? Unfortunately the skills link in the OP requires archives. I put vents, rammer and optics on if that makes a difference.

Ill give you my four-skill layout, but it also depends if this is a dual crew for a german TD line. I'm going to assume it isn't, and de-emphasize repair(it would be a fourth/fifth skill filler on the e25).

BiA/Sixth Sense/camo/recon(eagle eye is a fun option)
BiA/Deadeye/camo/repair(can't remember if snap shot works on turretless tanks)
BiA/Clutch Braking/camo/repair
BiA/Safe Stowage/camo/repair

Ill usually start Sixth Sense/camo then retrain to insert BiA when I hit the third skill, starting camo over on the third skill. This is a formula I use on all my tanks(replacing camo with repair where appropriate).

Dalael posted:

After a series of loss in a row, partially due to my inability to dish out any kind of damage, I decided to take my arty out for a match, hoping for better results.

3 kills, 5 158 dmg later, match turns out to be a draw. Our last TD was just about to shoot their last player, a french arty that was staying very still for the killing shot. Oh why couldn't the match have lasted just a few seconds longer. :negative:

Edit: Its fun being referred to as sky cancer.

Exhibit A on why arty is a stupid, broken mechanic.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

AlmightyPants posted:

The Firefly does 40kph not because it was limited but because that was its top speed. It was based on earlier Sherman's than the Easy 8 so shouldn't have the Easy 8's top engine and better suspension.

But this is Wargaming so who knows, maybe they did decide to put in a hard speed limit so it wouldn't be better than the Easy 8 as that would upset people.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Worst part about arty, you can't carry for poo poo.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I had this guy on my team last night, he might be the worst player in WoT:
http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/souras/500058639/
Points of special interest are how all his graphs are going steadily downwards, and how he has a 39% WR in the VK4005B with over 1000 games :wtc:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Any advice for the M103? I hate this thing so, so much. I get nonstop IS7/E100 lineups in Tier 10 games and have feel like I have almost no ability to hurt them unless they flash me their rear end.

E: I've got the second gun and still hate it. The gun isn't accurate enough to snipe and it doesn't have the armor to brawl.

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Magres posted:

Any advice for the M103? I loving hate this thing so, so much. I get nonstop IS7/E100 lineups in Tier 10 games and have feel like I have almost no ability to hurt them unless they flash me their rear end.

I just got mine, have the 2nd gun and upgraded turret. I like it, but with that 1st gun it is terrible [T29 legacy gun in tier 9 lol], x5 and a little free xp got me past it quick. It is mobile with a good gun and good gun depression. Turret armor seems a step back from the T29 and T32 [especially with that huge cupola/optics thing sticking up so high]. I try to be more support-ish with it.