Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

i don't think 'bad' is necessarily right so much as 'glitchy'

ocarina of time is a good game but it's also glitchy as gently caress and the runs exploit that

I was thinking of clarifying that but I feel it's mostly accurate. Bad games are usually glitchy in ways good games aren't, plus they can be funny to watch in their own right.

For example Bad Street Brawler or whatever it was, that Funkdoc played a few years back during the Awful Games Done Quick section was pretty amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crotch Bat posted:

"I would really prefer if you'd be quiet."

I want to see blind MTPO and hear some painfully awkward poo poo happen in front of 50,000 people, it's just the best. :3:

I think telling people not to talk about drama is a lost cause when stuff like that happens.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

"I would really prefer if you'd be quiet."

What's that in reference to?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Anatharon posted:

What's that in reference to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

Watch it all the way through.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How do people post in AGDQ speedruns and not know the classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

I think telling people not to talk about drama is a lost cause when stuff like that happens.

The incredible drama of being told politely to quiet down. Truly, the world of haste-completionists is filled with strife.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I hope the games are run

very fast even

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The AGDQ t-shirts are up: http://www.theyetee.com/agdq/

The Samus one is really good.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

We have shirts

http://www.theyetee.com/agdq/

That Save/Kill the animals one, holy poo poo.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Heavy_D posted:

Ideas you have too late for agdq: wsplit running during the marathon, with splits for donations landmarks

$10,000_____03:21:56
$50,000_____10:12:00
$1,000,000_167:43:23

(getting the actual times from agdq2014, rather than made up values, is where thinking of it in advance would have helped...)

Then you could have it running as something to switch to during set-up times, and obviously split each time the 2015 total reaches a milestone.

Ah, the $1,000,000% category. AGDQ 2014 hit this in 5 days 16 hours 14 minutes, if my note here is right.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KennyMan666 posted:

We have shirts

They own, ordered a triple xl shirt

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The Samus shirt owns and is goon designed, and the Kaizo shirt is probably my favorite and will be the one I get.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KennyMan666 posted:

We have shirts

That one is really cool (although I'm meh on glow in the dark stuff) and the Shovel Knight one is nice too.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I hope I don't order the wrong size again. Ordered 2XL at sgdq and I'm loving swimming inside of them so I haven't actually wore them yet.

Still deciding on which ones I'm ordering, but zari-gani's already has a place in my shopping cart, it's amazing! :3:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
by the way

if you guys haven't seen Runnerguy's blindfolded child dungeons OOT run its crazy

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eonwe posted:

by the way

if you guys haven't seen Runnerguy's blindfolded child dungeons OOT run its crazy

He's practicing right now if anyone wants to watch and hope you get to see him get lost in the game: http://www.twitch.tv/runnerguy2489

(his monitor's off and he's looking at chat/splits)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh good; he shaved the beard

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dias posted:

The incredible drama of being told politely to quiet down. Truly, the world of haste-completionists is filled with strife.

Check this.
drat that Samus shirt is fine

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 4, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
GDQ site is down, guess they're switching over to marathon mode now.

What time does it start tomorrow?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfvlgv-XTJY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they're ballin

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
People actually drink Budlight Lime? :barf:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive had someone give me a margarita with a bud light lime bottle turned upside down in it before instead of a corona

it was ok i guess

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

People drink soda?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Look at those savages and their Milk.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
I'm trying and failing to figure out the visual reference in the "What is a Man?" one. Is it to something specific, because it looks specifically familiar.

(yes I know the quote. It's the style that puzzles me)

I like that Kaizo one. I've missed out on ordering yetee shirts in previous marathons, but I think I'll make a point of it this time.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

yeah baby, solid video baby

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is the schedule backed up anywhere? Gamesdonequick.com is offline.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Here we go again!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

geri_khan posted:

I'm trying and failing to figure out the visual reference in the "What is a Man?" one. Is it to something specific, because it looks specifically familiar.

It reminds me of the Saved by the Bell intro, or most trapper keeper designs from the early 90's.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geri_khan posted:

I am pretty sure it's based on an old Nickelodeon or MTV show logo, but I cannot figure out which exactly either. The font on the last word, especially, I remember from somewhere in my childhood.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

qntm posted:

Ah, the $1,000,000% category. AGDQ 2014 hit this in 5 days 16 hours 14 minutes, if my note here is right.

I think that was the time they hit the initial goal of $500,000, they broke the million during the final boss of the final run. It was clutch. But hey, now we have two splits!

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

Cubey posted:

I am pretty sure it's based on an old Nickelodeon or MTV show logo, but I cannot figure out which exactly either. The font on the last word, especially, I remember from somewhere in my childhood.

It's just in the pastiche of early 90's raditude. It's not referencing any one specific thing (except, you know... SotN).

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
http://thecomedicvoid.com/gdq/

I felt like writing something in D3 and someone reminded me about checking twitch follower counts of people I expected to have a good showing at AGDQ so I did this based on the list of twitch names on the schedule.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I just watched the guy who's doing the tetris run practice and holy loving poo poo that might be the biggest surprise of the event

put that on your list of stuff to try to watch live

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Hoping something gets done about the donation comments requesting the streamer/couch crew to do some stupid thing. Easily the worst part of SGDQ 2014.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

dragon enthusiast posted:

Hoping something gets done about the donation comments requesting the streamer/couch crew to do some stupid thing. Easily the worst part of SGDQ 2014.

Just imagine this year how many donation comments are probably gonna mention poo poo like Gamergate :v:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dragon enthusiast posted:

The worst ones were "do a thing and I'll donate X money!" so everyone feels obligated to do it because money for charity is the goal even if it's something stupid or disruptive, and there's no way to know if that person is even going to actually follow through or not.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Tracula posted:

Just imagine this year how many donation comments are probably gonna mention poo poo like Gamergate :v:

im really looking forward to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

im really looking forward to this

naw its going to be the outrage by some people on one of the sides calling them out for not reading their donation thinking it was because of the content and not because there isn't enough loving time to read every donation comment.

• Locked thread